As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rick and Morty] and Mr. Poopy Butthole

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    As I said before, in the cronenberg episode they make it sound like Rick picked a replacement universe that was exactly the same except for the explosive death of that rick and morty, so even if its not the same bird person, it is the same bird person.

Infinite is really big guys, it allows for things like this.

Didn't that also mean there's no such thing as the evilest Rick? Just more evil.
    There are infinite values between 0 and 1, but it is still bounded.

Infinite dimensions need not contain every conceivable variation to be infinite.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    As I said before, in the cronenberg episode they make it sound like Rick picked a replacement universe that was exactly the same except for the explosive death of that rick and morty, so even if its not the same bird person, it is the same bird person.

Didn't that also mean there's no such thing as the evilest Rick? Just more evil.

Infinite dimensions need not contain every conceivable variation to be infinite.

Rick said as much. There's at best 3-4 universes that meet the criteria for him and Morty to just slip in without jarring differences

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular

Rick said as much. There's at best 3-4 universes that meet the criteria for him and Morty to just slip in without jarring differences

That's also about as many times the writers can use that before the audience gets mad.

I don't like the idea of infinite accessible alternate dimensions or infinite (accessible) alternate timelines in fiction in terms of what it means for character. It lessens the value of the main characters and their actions to me.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It's really unlikely that they'd ever abandon a second universe. They might VISIT the other ones.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Kadoken wrote: »
    I don't like the idea of infinite accessible alternate dimensions or infinite (accessible) alternate timelines in fiction in terms of what it means for character. It lessens the value of the main characters and their actions to me.

I think that's one of the major contributing factors to Rick's attitude. They also touch on it a bit in Rixty Minutes. I think it'd be neat to explore it more. I hope they eventually revisit the Cronenberg'd Earth, I think I remember hearing that might be a plot point in a future episode (though not necessarily season 2).

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited August 2015

let's face it the vast majority of the alternative dimensions will be filled with Leptonicly Ionised Nuclear Triglycerides.

Funny thing is, that stuff is the quickest compound in the universe. It can go from sitting idly by in it's own dimension to sitting in your pockets in the time it takes to do one round of laundry.

DanHibiki on
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Off to a great start.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Holy shit

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Oh yeah, that was amazing.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Perfect ending.

EDIT: Oh god. Two weeks?

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I love Stephen Colbert in everything. I hope this isn't the last we've seen of his character.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    That psychological attack though.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Haha

I was wondering how far down that was going to go.

Also loved Morty's role this episode.

• Options
    I laughed out loud at this exchange
    Morty: "OK screw it I'm going to live with the tree people"

Rick: "Sure thing Morty just make sure you're back before sundown or the tree people will eat you."

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Was that Dan Mintz who voiced the scientist in the Mini-Verse? He sounded a lot like Tina Belcher.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Was that Dan Mintz who voiced the scientist in the Mini-Verse? He sounded a lot like Tina Belcher.

Nathan Fielder

He's very mintz like

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Non-stop hilarity.

And oh my god, the psychological counter-measure.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    That after credit scene damn near made me pee my pants

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    HiroconHirocon Registered User regular
    A+ episode all the way through. Much better than last week. Best joke:
    snake in the leg of the wooden mech

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I could have happily watched 22 minutes of Summer being protected.

• Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    I simultaneously love and hate this show. It makes me feel things, sometimes good, sometimes bad, but never boring.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I almost cried laughing at Morty's breakdown in the middle

"They eat every third baby because they think it makes fruit grow bigger!"

• Options
    Stephen Colbert is 3-3 on great Adult Swim Characters.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Might be one of my favorite episodes of the entire run.

That psychological attack!

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    I almost cried laughing at Morty's breakdown in the middle

"They eat every third baby because they think it makes fruit grow bigger!"
    "I had to masturbate to a curvy piece of driftwood!"

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    The car getting bitchy at Summer cracked me up so much.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited August 2015
    Kyougu wrote: »
    The, like, car getting totally bitchy at Summer, like, totally cracked me up and stuff.

That's you. That's how you talk.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    I like that Rick makes everything Self aware even his Garbage ship.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    You would think summer would learn by now....

but god that was great. ending spot on too.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Rick making flipping people off a sign of peace was hilarious. Morty just begrudgingly going along with it was cake.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    I do like that Summer is part of the expeditions now. Morty, getting a little jaded is good contrast with her still being new to this.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »
    I do like that Summer is part of the expeditions now. Morty, getting a little jaded is good contrast with her still being new to this.

Ah, Summer. First race war, huh?

• Options
    ehhh technically summer was just going to a movie. Rick is obviously still against her being in the main plot :)

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    ehhh technically summer was just going to a movie. Rick is obviously still against her being in the main plot :)

We haven't seen other Summers yet, have we? We have seen other ricks, other Mortys, and other Jerrys... I wonder if there is a reason he is specifically against adventuring with her.

Fake edit: well, technically the current summer is another summer isn't she.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Well most universes summer was never born. when shes born, its a yawn-fest.

More importantly, without summer being born, chances are morty wouldnt exist either...unless morty wasnt really their child. This is why i think morty is not a natural child of Jerry and beth. We have tons of morties to go with the ricks, but we have only seen one rick without a morty and he eats his own shit.

azith28 on
  • Options
    Oh that's right, the TV episode.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I think the ending was a parody of

emnmnme on
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I think the ending was a parody of

That is awesome.

H9f4bVe.png
This discussion has been closed.