As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo eShop] So many classic games, so little time to play them all.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Oh damn, Excitebike 64? That was a really good game guys. Highly recommended.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I really need to finish Wario Land: Shake It. I got to the point where I had to grind money to unlock more levels and gave up.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I never really "got" Wario Land. It always seemed second rate compared to Nintendo's other side-scrollers.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    How does shake it compare to Wario Land 4?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    How does shake it compare to Wario Land 4?

Well for one thing it is beautiful traditional animation, not classic sprites, it literally looks like a cartoon.

HUEbY1O.gif

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    That's one of the reasons I am super tempted to pick it up. I wish My Nintendo had a discount on it so it would be a no brainer....

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    I hear it's a game for the whole family
    http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/wii-guys/n12442

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I got bored of Shake It relatively quickly, but damn was it a pretty game.
    it makes the phoned-in graphics of the nsmb series even more shameful by comparison

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I managed to Google up my 7 year old Shake It thread so you can bask in the wonderful vintage opinions therein.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/70971/shake-it-baby-wario-land-shake-it-the-shake-dimension/p1

Essentially it's a great game. Quite a bit of classic Sonic in its DNA.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    Funny thing, a new store opened and was selling mountains of games, 5 for 10 euro so I got Resi: Umbrella Chronicles for 2 euro. New! I had it before and traded it in, but had been itching to rebuy it for a while.

If anyone reading this is in Dublin, get your ass to Golden Discs in the Dundrum centre. I got 2 copies of Mario strikers, 2 new smb2, Mario Party island tour, pilot wing resort, Luigi's mansion 2, red steel 2 with motion plus and Dark Souls 2 for twenty euro all brand new. Some of that is going on eBay for profit too!

Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • Options
    Okay, so technically not an eShop question, but in the same ballpark. Does the Wii Shop Channel still work? I heard the old Nintendo Wi-Fi Connect went offline, but I wasn't sure if that had any effect on the Shop Channel. I've actually spoken to some people who want (but can't find) the Nintendo Mini, that had no idea the Wii could play most (if not all) of the games from that set. Some of them don't actually care about the novelty of the Mini device, and just want the old games, but I wanted to confirm it was still possible before telling them.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Dirty wrote: »
    Okay, so technically not an eShop question, but in the same ballpark. Does the Wii Shop Channel still work? I heard the old Nintendo Wi-Fi Connect went offline, but I wasn't sure if that had any effect on the Shop Channel. I've actually spoken to some people who want (but can't find) the Nintendo Mini, that had no idea the Wii could play most (if not all) of the games from that set. Some of them don't actually care about the novelty of the Mini device, and just want the old games, but I wanted to confirm it was still possible before telling them.

Yes it does. The Wii Shop is basically connecting to a website designed to interface with the Wii, which is still up. It's only the games themselves that had their online turned off.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Nice. I will pass that info along.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Wii Mini doesn't go online, though.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Yeah, but I don't know anyone who has one of those.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Oh wait, by "Nintendo Mini," did you mean the NES Classic Edition? I thought you were interested in the Wii Mini for Virtual Console stuff.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    This week's eShop update

Wii U Download

Citadale – $5.00
    Octocopter: Super Sub Squid Escape – $2.99

Wii U Virtual Console

The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask – $9.99

Wii U Demo

3Souls

3DS Retail

Dragon Ball Fusions – $29.99

New 3DS Virtual Console

Breath of Fire II – $7.99

eShop Sales

Up to 50% off select games with Cyber Deals – Nintendo’s making it easy to save this season with big savings on select digital games. Fans can purchase on a Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system or at Nintendo.com to download games to play over winter break. My Nintendo members also earn Gold Points on qualifying digital purchases, so it’s a win-win. This sale runs through 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 5.

Celebrate Sonic’s 25th Anniversary with up to 60 percent off select digital games. This sale runs through 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 29. Click here to see the full list of Sonic games included.

Great deals this week include Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley, The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 and The Peanuts Movie: Snoopy’s Grand Adventure (Nintendo 3DS and Wii U), plus several more! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Activities

StreetPass Weekend: Thanksgiving Edition – Celebrate the tastiest holiday of the year (and the four-day weekend that comes with it) with National StreetPass Weekend: Thanksgiving Edition. From Nov. 24 through Nov. 28, you can stop by any of 29,000+ Nintendo Zone hotspots across North America with your Nintendo 3DS family system to get the goods on games with StreetPass features and enjoy network services such as online gameplay with a free automatic-Internet connection. Bring your favorite Nintendo 3DS games with online features like Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Finally, Majora's Mask, GOD.

I feel like I've been waiting forever for that one to hit the eShop.

Save states AHOY!

• Options
    Nevermind, looks like my discount for owning it on the Wii VC isn't showing.

I guess I'll have to wait to actually finish Majora.

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Hmm, that Metroid/Aliens Infestation looking game published by XseeD isn't on the press release? Maybe because it was released on the 22nd instead of today? Looks neat though.

• Options
    Hmm, that Metroid/Aliens Infestation looking game published by XseeD isn't on the press release? Maybe because it was released on the 22nd instead of today? Looks neat though.

If you're talking about Exile's End, it was part of last week's update.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Guess Canada got it later. Better than not getting it at all, I'm still bitter about Kokuga.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    This week's eShop update

Wii U Download

Shoot the Ball – $1.49

Wii U Virtual Console

Advance Wars: Dual Strike – $9.99

3DS Retail

Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS – $39.99 (available Friday)

New 3DS Download

Cup Critters – $1.49
    Hyperlight EX – $5.49

eShop Sales

Last chance for Cyber Deals: Up to 50% off select games ends Dec. 5 – A gift for them … a gift (or two) for you! Treat yourself this holiday season with big savings on select digital games for both Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. My Nintendo members also earn Gold Points on qualifying digital purchases, so it’s a win-win. This sale runs until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 5.

Great deals this week include Jeopardy!, Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! and Astral Breakers, plus several more! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    For anyone who wanted Majora's Mask on the Wii U but the discount wasn't working, that's been fixed

http://gonintendo.com/stories/269680-legend-of-zelda-majora-s-mask-wii-u-vc-discount-issue-fixed

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    This week's eShop update

Wii U Download

Bridge Constructor Playground – $9.99
    Teslapunk – $9.99

Wii Retail on Wii U

Metroid: Other M – $19.99

Wii U Virtual Console

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon – $9.99

3DS Retail

Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo – $19.99

New 3DS Download

Galaxy Blaster – $1.49

New 3DS Virtual Console

Demon’s Crest – $7.99

3DS Themes

Disney Tsum Tsum
    Mickey & Friends Holiday Season

eShop Sales

Great deals this week include Brunch Panic, The Keep and Rorrim, plus several more. Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Activities

My Nintendo Celebrates The Legend of Zelda – The latest My Nintendo rewards are inspired by the 30th anniversary of the Legend of Zelda franchise. Fans can redeem My Nintendo points for discounts on digital games like The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Wii U and New Nintendo 3DS) and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii U). There is also a commemorative 30th anniversary Home Menu theme for the Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 2DS system. On top of that, enjoy the incredible music of The Legend of Zelda with orchestral music videos.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Are the videos an icon I can show people and listen to? Or something?

• Options
    This week's eShop update

Wii U Download

Breakout Defense – $7.00
    Scribble – $3.99

Wii Retail for Wii U

Excitebots: Trick Racing – $19.99

3DS Download

Mercenaries Saga 3 – $5.99
    Picross e7 – $5.99

eShop Sales

Great deals this week include Shadow Puppeteer, Soul Axiom and 3Souls, plus several more. Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Activities

My Nintendo Celebrates Mario – To commemorate the launch of the Super Mario Run game, My Nintendo is excited to offer discount rewards for digital versions of the following Mario games:

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (Wii U)
    Mario Tennis (Wii U)
    NES Open Tournament Golf (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS)
    Wrecking Crew (Wii U)

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    +1 for adding more things to My Nintendo.

-100 for those things being more discounts.

• Options
    Hell yeah, ExciteBots!

• Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »

They just added a whole new section of rewards for Super Mario Run: a Toad avatar, various Coin and Toad Rally Ticket packs, a Golden Mario Statue, a flower patch, and E block. Not sure what any of that stuff does, though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

They just added a whole new section of rewards for Super Mario Run: a Toad avatar, various Coin and Toad Rally Ticket packs, a Golden Mario Statue, a flower patch, and E block. Not sure what any of that stuff does, though.

Since I don't use my phone for games (and in the case of Run do not have an iOS phone), they do nothing as far as I'm concerned.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    I thought Android was "coming later" for Mario Run. If so, maybe I'll grab some stuff early.

• Options
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    I thought Android was "coming later" for Mario Run. If so, maybe I'll grab some stuff early.

Yeah, I don't believe they've said when but my guess is Jan or Feb

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    So in Super Mario Run the only way to unlock more stages in tour mode is to drop $10 to buy all the stages? No freemium way to grind them as unlocks?

• Options
    So in Super Mario Run the only way to unlock more stages in tour mode is to drop $10 to buy all the stages? No freemium way to grind them as unlocks?

I really prefer them using more of a demo/full-version model instead of a grindy freemium bullshit model.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

It does stuff IN Super Mario Run. Can play as Toad, coins/tickets are for buying stuff/entering Toad Rally, and the E block kicks out stuff when you poke it every now and then.

Also this is a pretty darn good game.

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    There is nothing in the world that gets me moving faster towards my 3Ds than more Picross.

• Options
    This week's eShop update seems a bit slim in releases...

Wii U Virtual Console

Mario Kart 64 – $9.99

New 3DS Virtual Console

Castlevania Dracula X – $7.99

3DS Themes

Pokémon New Partner
    Pokémon Full-power Z-Moves

eShop Sales

Great deals this week include Just Dance 2017, Runbow and Teslagrad, plus several more! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
This discussion has been closed.