As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo eShop] So many classic games, so little time to play them all.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    It's rather aged and limited in general, though. A modern one would be nice.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    At the very least they should translate and release the second TCG game.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I don't understand at all why they don't do a version of the online PC game for the Wii U or 3DS. It would be an enormous money maker. It encourages buying of the paper cards, it could be amazing for Wii U console sales, you could integrate NFC stuff in some way if you wanted, it just seems like a win/win.

• TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Seems like an obvious Free to Play option, as well.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
    A pretty sparse eShop update this week since they're including One Piece again

Wii U Retail

One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Wii U Download

The Letter

Wii U Virtual Console

Bases Loaded

3DS Retail

One Piece: Unlimited World Red

3DS Download

Rabi Laby 3 Me & My Pets 3

3DS Demo

Jett Rocket II

3DS Virtual Console

Bases Loaded

eShop sales

Swords & Soldiers 3D – Rewrite history as you take control of various factions in their global quest to win the favor of the Gods. Starting today through 9 a.m. PT on July 31, Swords & Soldiers 3D is available at the discounted price of $3.99 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai – To celebrate the launch of the Nintendo eShop demo, Shin’en is offering the full version of Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai at the discounted price of $4.99 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. This offer lasts until 9 a.m. PT on July 24.

Witch & Hero – Starting today until 9 a.m. PT on July 31, Witch & Hero is 30 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

I’ve Got to Run! – For a limited time, I’ve Got to Run! is 40 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U. This offer is valid from 9 a.m. PT on July 11 until 9 a.m. PT on July 13.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    WTF, Europe gets Pokemon TCG and we get some stupid baseball crap. Hate you NoA.... Grrr

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    WTF, Europe gets Pokemon TCG and we get some stupid baseball crap. Hate you NoA.... Grrr

Yeah, I wish there was more consistency between regions.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Even though I have a ton of other stuff I should be playing instead, I don't think I can pass up $15 for Etrian Odyssey IV.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Even though I have a ton of other stuff I should be playing instead, I don't think I can pass up $15 for Etrian Odyssey IV.
    Definitely worth it. Even if you don't have time to play it right away, buy it now and save it for later.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    PAL update (week of July 10):

WII U eSHOP

GAIABREAKER - €10.99 / £9.89

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA) - €6.99 / £56.29

WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS

Mario Kart 8/Club Nintendo digital promotion - register MK8 on Club Nintendo before July 31, get a free digital game! (info)
    Pullblox World promotion (Wii U) - own Pullblox or Fallblox for 3DS, get 30% off Pullblox World for Wii U! Ends July 31.]
    NES Remix (Wii U eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 for people who own NES Remix 2, ends July 24
    NES Remix 2 (Wii U eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 for people who own NES Remix, ends July 24
    Earthbound (Wii U VC) - €5.99 / £4.19 from July 17-July 24
    Little Inferno (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.59 from July 17-July 24

3DS eSHOP

Pick-A-Gem - €2.99 / £2.69
    Cubit the Hardcore Platformer Robot (demo)

3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS

Football Up! 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.74 / £1.49 until July 17
    Aqua Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until July 17
    Inazuma Eleven (3DS eShop) - €9.99 until July 17
    Doodle Jump Adventures (3DS) - €12.99 / £29.99 until July 17
    Tappingo (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.69 until July 17
    Steel Diver: Sub Wars (3DS eShop) - premium version €4.99 / £4.99 from July 17-24
    Jett Rockett 2: Wrath of Taikai (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.25 until July 24
    Secrets of the Titanic (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.99 from July 17-24
    Cubit the Hardcore Platformer Robot (3DS eShop) - €2.00 / £1.80 from July 17-24
    Steamworld Dig (3DS eShop) - €4.49 / £3.99 from July 17-31
    escapeVektor (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 from July 17-31

Earthbound sale, woo

Guess I'll finally buy it then. Might get Inazuma Eleven as well.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH24Cbi3pXI

Gaiabreaker is a SHMUP, apparently.

I have never heard of it until now. By the reviews I'm seeing it is not worth the price their demanding, and would be an iffy purchase at one-quarter of that.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Earthbound sale, woo

WOOO- oh, Europe.

edited July 2014

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE

I've wanted to play this for awhile. Which means, this week the US will get NES Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde or something. Or like, a sale on Urban Champion.

(yes I am still mad about last week :P)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE

I've wanted to play this for awhile. Which means, this week the US will get NES Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde or something. Or like, a sale on Urban Champion.

There are still plenty of NES sports games to release.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    skeldare wrote: »

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE

There are still plenty of NES sports games to release.

They released most of Nintendo's. But yes, there are a ton of others :P I guess they could release Tecmo Bowl with the player names excised again :P

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Well they already missed the boat on releasing Nintendo World Cup...

Playing Guacamelee STCE has also reminded me that Pro Wrestling has never been ported, which strikes me as odd as hell.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I keep hoping that Nintendo reboots Pro Wrestling. I love that game so much.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    May I just take this opportunity to state that Club Nintendo's Rewards this year are... disappointing. Where's the sweet swag?!

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Man they really cheaped out this year. They wouldn't even spring for a physical item. Or even something exclusive to rewards members...

Meanwhile Japan gets....

original.jpg

Well, DKCR3D is a full 3DS game at least, so there's that. I may just grab that one. But god damn.

Donnicton on
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    We didn't love the new Yoshi game enough, so obviously we don't get Yoshi.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    That is a cute yoshi!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
      I wish we'd gotten something like Yoshi.

This just makes me fear even more that they're shutting down the program. Physical rewards are starting to become extremely scarce, it simply isn't what it used to be.

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
      What is Mr. Driller 2 and should I care that it's coming out on the eShop tomorrow?

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/GET-APbZaDGKcQmS4iV0NeAA-JMYvjOl

• tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
      Taramoor wrote: »
      What is Mr. Driller 2 and should I care that it's coming out on the eShop tomorrow?

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/GET-APbZaDGKcQmS4iV0NeAA-JMYvjOl

ERMAHGER. Mr. Driller is tons of fun. Literally. Like, thousands and thousands of tons of pastel-covered fun balanced precariously above your head, ready to crush you at any moment.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
      Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
      3DS: 2406-5451-5770
      This is not reassuring. Not at all.

4vsexlc8k88f.png

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
      Aaaah, screenshots in the eShop are 1:1 replicas!

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
      edited July 2014
      Taramoor wrote: »
      *snip video*

Gaiabreaker is a SHMUP, apparently.

I have never heard of it until now. By the reviews I'm seeing it is not worth the price their demanding, and would be an iffy purchase at one-quarter of that.

Is that how the game normally plays, or is that on Wuss/Grandma difficulty mode?

And yeah. That looks pretty bad compared to the collection of SHUMPS one can buy on Steam, 360, or PS3. Or even the couple good SHUMPS that were previously released on the Wii.

vagrant_winds on
      // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
      // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    • b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
      Man I wish Shmups was still a thriving genre. I love games like Raiden fighters and Strikers. It's such a hard genre to keep up on. All the releases or remakes/compilations sneak under the radar if you aren't paying really close attention.

steam_sig.png
      3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
    • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

Wait, wait, what is this about pokémon TCG in Europe.

I'm European! I want to know these things!

And yeah, we have been a bit sparse on good shmups lately. Astebreed in Steam is... acceptable, but honestly can't hold a candle to some of the old ones.

...and now I want to replay Kamui. Or Hellsinker. Man I love Hellsinker.

Steam ID: Right here.
    • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
      edited July 2014
      b1rdman wrote: »
      Man I wish Shmups was still a thriving genre. I love games like Raiden fighters and Strikers. It's such a hard genre to keep up on. All the releases or remakes/compilations sneak under the radar if you aren't paying really close attention.

There's some really awesome Japanese classic and current Indy SHUMPs have have been popping up on Steam. Ikaruga is on there. Also, take a look at the recently released Astebreed, that shit be amazing yo.

Oh, and the 360 got pretty much every CAVE release and plenty of other ones. Some of them are even available on the digital store in America, though many have to be imported.

vagrant_winds on
    • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
      Drascin wrote: »

Wait, wait, what is this about pokémon TCG in Europe.

I'm European! I want to know these things!

And yeah, we have been a bit sparse on good shmups lately. Astebreed in Steam is... acceptable, but honestly can't hold a candle to some of the old ones.

...and now I want to replay Kamui. Or Hellsinker. Man I love Hellsinker.

Europe got or is getting the GBC Pokemon TCG game on 3DS VC. Acronyms!

Too bad the sequel never came west. :(

I wanted Pokemon TCG 2.

So not much this week it looks like for the eShop

Wii U Virtual Console

Mr. Driller 2

3DS Download

Comic Workshop
      Strike Force Foxx

eShop sales

SteamWorld Dig – The critically acclaimed SteamWorld Dig is 50 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS now through 9 a.m. PT on July 31. Can you dig it? Get SteamWorld Dig now!

Little Inferno – Little Inferno is 50 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U now through 9 a.m. PT on July 24.

escapeVektor – escapeVektor is available at the discounted price of $3.99 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS now through 9 a.m. PT on July 31.

Snow Moto Racing 3D – Snow Moto Racing 3D is available at the discounted price of $3.99 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS now through 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 21.

ATLUS Games – Shin Megami Tensei IV, Shin Megami: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers and more ATLUS games are on sale in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS from 9 a.m. PT on July 21 through 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 4.

Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
      At least more Atlus sales are a good thing.

• Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
      edited July 2014
      Which version of Steamworld Dig is superior? 3DS, or PS4/Vita? On one hand the 3DS version is on sale, but crossbuy on PS systems is tempting...

Niceguyeddie616 on
    • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
      I had a great time with the 3DS version, and the map on the lower screen is useful.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
      camo_sig2.png
    • jothkijothki Registered User regular
      I'm not entirely sure why Steamworld Dig gets so much acclaim. To me, the game felt like a bunch of good ideas implemented in a slightly mediocre manner, never really managing to be interesting or challenging.

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
      I was really into it when I first started playing it, then I just seemed to run out of ... steam.

I'll see myself out.

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
      It's not super ultra mega awesomeness of lifechanging proportions, but it's fun and has a different core mechanic.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
      camo_sig2.png
      Plus it keeps me interested in future Steamworld games.

Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    This discussion has been closed.