As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo eShop] So many classic games, so little time to play them all.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Monster Hunter online is great, and Penny Arcade is a good group of people. They will help you out. Plus it's got good voice chat just using the pad mic and speaker (or headphones).

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Goddamn, DSiWare still trucking along.

When was the last DSiWare release that wasn't shovelware?

• Options
    Dirty wrote: »
    Goddamn, DSiWare still trucking along.

When was the last DSiWare release that wasn't shovelware?

http://www.nintendolife.com/games?region=usa&system=dsiware&submit=Filter&sort=date

Rhythm Core Alpha 2 got an 8/10 last June, and Color Commando got an 8/10 last April. That might sound like a long time ago but there have only been around around 14 games released since then.

The last 9/10 game was GO Series Undead Storm in Feb 2012. I can confirm that the GO Series are good people.

Four Swords Anniversary back in 2011 was probably the last high profile thing, and that was recently on offer for free again. The last big year for DSiware was 2011 when they got Puzzle Quest, Plants vs. Zombies, Mighty Milky Way, and Go Series Picdun.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    Oh my bad. I thought you meant it was. Also, GameStop used versions is like 18 or something cheap like that. I think there was a coupon code as well sometime recently that made is a few bucks cheaper. I see the digital appeal as well, but I prefer physical for reasons.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Villains have taken over the eshop, eh?

Bowser, Ganondorf, Wario, Dr. Wily, Ridley, Ubisoft.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Bad, good...... whatever. I doubt either side will bring glory to the eShop.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Of course the Homebrew examples matter, because if some part-time dudes can make perfect GBA emulators with a tiny fraction of the Manufacturer's access to the hardware, on so many less powerful devices that are quite different to the original, you bet your ass Nintendo can make something really good that runs on the 3DS.

Am I missing something here? The DS has GBA-specific hardware in it; the DS has a GBA slot, I can play GBA games on my DSlite without needing any sort of emulator, because the dslite has enough of a GBA already built in for it to work. http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/ds/faq.jsp#gameboy. (but not classic-gameboy games).

The DSi and everything after it don't have that hardware, so they can't play those games. Googling around a bit, the flashcards that can play GBA games on a DSi seem to have an extra processor built into the flashcard to make whatever emulator they're using work.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I'd never played Clu Clu Land before NES Remix.

I am tempted to pick it up...

I think I might be part of the problem.

If you liked the Remix portions at all, you should definitely grab it. The core concept is still a pretty good time. It might be on the Wii U VC as well? Could be confused about that.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I'd never played Clu Clu Land before NES Remix.

I am tempted to pick it up...

I think I might be part of the problem.

If you liked the Remix portions at all, you should definitely grab it. The core concept is still a pretty good time. It might be on the Wii U VC as well? Could be confused about that.

I know it's on the VC somewhere. Not sure if Wii U or not.

CCL was one of the NES games I was most excited about finding in the original Animal Crossing. :)

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

LIGHT UP AIRPORT

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    This week's eShop update, GBA games!

3DS Retail

Super Monkey Ball 3D

3DS Download

Rusty’s Real Deal Baseball – free
    Mystery Case Files Dire Grove
    Mystery Case Files Ravenhearst

Wii U Virtual Console

Metroid Fusion – $7.99
    Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga – $7.99
    Advance Wars – $7.99

Wii U Download

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate – Deluxe Edition – $19.99
    Evofish – $4.99

eShop sale

Buy Dr. Mario, get $5 off Dr. Luigi in the Nintendo eShop for a limited time – Is there a doctor in the house? How about two? If you buy or already own the classic puzzle game Dr. Mario from the Virtual Console service in the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console, you can get $5 off the purchase price of its sibling game Dr. Luigi in the Nintendo eShop starting today at 9 a.m. PT until April 10 at 8:59 a.m. PT.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    skeldare, you missed this crucial part:
    WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS

Game & Wario - $29.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge - $29.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Wonderful 101 - $29.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Sing Party - $19.99 (permanent price reduction)

Go buy The Wonderful 101 right the fuck now, yanks.

PAL Update:
    WII U eSHOP

EDGE - €1.99 / £1.79 (permanent price reduction)
    RUSH - €1.99 / £1.79 (permanent price reduction)
    Toki Tori - €1.99 / £1.79 (permanent price reduction)

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Advance Wars (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
    Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
    Metroid Fusion (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29

WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS

Mario Kart 8/Super Mario Kart digital promotion - buy Super Mario Kart on the VC, get a €7.99 / £5.49 discount on Mario Kart 8! Starts May 30, ends June 30.
    Nano Assault Neo - €7.49 / £6.70 until April 10

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS

Super Monkey Ball 3D - €19.99 / £14.99

3DS eSHOP

Bubble Pop World - €4.99 / £4.49
    EDGE - €1.99 / £1.79 (permanent price reduction)
    Monster Shooter - €4.00 / £3.20 (permanent price reduction)

3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS

Nano Assault EX (3DS eShop) - €7.49 / £6.35 until April 10
    Art of Balance TOUCH! (3DS eShop) - €5.20 / £4.70 until April 10
    Jett Rockett 2: Wrath of Taikai (3DS eShop) - €6.70 / £5.70 until April 10
    Angry Bunnies (3DS eShop) - €4.85 / £4.49 from until April 17
    Fishdom H20: Hidden Odyssey (3DS eShop) - €3.74 / £3.35 until April 17
    Snow Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until April 17
    Real Heroes: Firefighters 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 17

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Anyone who was waiting for Wonderful 101 to drop to $30 probably bought it when the physical version dropped months ago.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Yeah, if you don't mind used you can snag Wonderful 101 on Amazon for $20, and Game and Wario for about $25.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    Actually, I got it W101 new from Amazon for 23 last week. I have gotten far too used to Steam.

• Options
    Starting today, EDGE, RUSH and Toki Tori 1 for Wii U and EDGE for 3DS are 50% lowered in price. This brings the games down to $1,99 / €1,99 or roughly your local equivalent. You may recall this was the introduction price too, which we later increased.

So why did we do this, you ask? Nintendo provides daily sales updates, including number of units sold per country. We made a mistake which caused the US introduction price to remain in effect longer than we had planned, which actually gave us a chance to compare what happens when we increased the price in the EU to the numbers in the US. After reviewing the sales data we noticed that the additional copies sold when the games were cheaper resulted in more revenue in the end.

So feel free to pick them up when you see fit, they’ll stay on this price point indefinitely!

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TLDR: People are more likely to buy a product for a lower price. We're still waiting for confirmation on the standard color of grass.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    TLDR: People are more likely to buy a product for a lower price. We're still waiting for confirmation on the standard color of grass.

Well... I know you're joking but there's a fine line between getting revenue and making it cheap as hell. The results they found meant they were getting more sales at the cheaper rate and it ultimately brought in more money than having it at the higher price and selling less.

Also known as the Steam Sale effect. :)

• Options
    Also I have no idea which GBA game I want to buy...

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Also I have no idea which GBA game I want to buy...

All of them

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Ain't nobody got time for that!

• Options
    I guess the ones you haven't played yet would be a good yet.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Today is all about Advance Wars for me. I have never played that series ever.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Actually te only one that I'm not considering is Metroid Fusion since I already have it twice.

If only it were Zero Mission...

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Me too, I have Fusion on original cart and on my 3DS.

Then again, I have Zero Mission on cart also, so that wouldn't do much for me either.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Me too, I have Fusion on original cart and on my 3DS.

Then again, I have Zero Mission on cart also, so that wouldn't do much for me either.

Well, for me, I wouldn't have to pull out my DS or SP so it'd just be easier.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    heh, tis true...

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    New trailer is up for NES Remix 2:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcf7Y0E2UwE

Man, can't wait for this!

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    This week's eShop update, couldn't find it earlier from my normal sources so here's the press release
    REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Virtual Console on Wii U
    Kirby & The Amazing Mirror - April is a month to remember with classic games launching each week! Summon Red, Yellow and Green Kirby to help you solve puzzles, fight enemies or take out the big baddies. Use copy abilities such as the arrow-shooting Cupid Kirby or the melee-master Smash Kirby, while platforming through maze-like worlds. Need a break from the action? Try mini-games such as Crackity Hack and Kirby's Wave Ride, which also star our favorite pink hero and friends.

WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ - April is a month to remember with classic games launching each week! Prepare for lightning-quick game play as you blaze through more than 200 bizarre microgames designed by a crazy crew of Wario's cronies. Simple controls make each game in WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ easy to get into ... until the games start coming faster ... and faster ... and FASTER! Think you can outwit Wario?

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
    LEGO(r) The Hobbit - LEGO The Hobbit allows gamers to play along with their favorite scenes from the first two films in The Hobbit trilogy.

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - In this JRPG, monsters have invaded the world of Aterra, and only a few special individuals imbued with the power of the Star God are equipped to fight them. Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars will be available on April 15.

Nintendo eShop Sales
    DuckTales: Remastered - Embark on an authentic Disney adventure around the world to retrieve five legendary treasures with Scrooge McDuck and his three nephews: Huey, Dewey and Louie. Now through 9 a.m. PT on April 17, get DuckTales: Remastered for 50 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
    Escape From Zombie City - For a limited time, Escape From Zombie City will be 50 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. This promotion starts at 9 a.m. PT on April 12 and ends at 9 a.m. PT on April 27.

G-Style Co. - Select G-Style games will be on sale in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS, including Crazy Construction, Chain Blaster, Undead Bowling and Jump Trials Supreme. This offer starts at 9 a.m. PT on April 12 and ends at 9 a.m. PT on April 27.

Also new this week:
    Mach Rider (Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS)
    Atlantic Quest (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS) - Available April 15
    Governor of Poker (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
    Boxzle (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
    My Exotic Farm (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

Permanent price reduction:
    My Farm (Nintendo eShop on Wii U) - Starting today, the price of My Farm is being reduced from $7.99 to $4.99.

Coming soon:
    Popular NES game Super Mario Bros. 3 launches for both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS on April 17. Considered by many to be one of the best games ever made, the title makes for a great way to enjoy the Easter holiday weekend and beyond.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    What's the regular price on Ducktales? I mean, I see it's 50% off, but 50% off of what?

• Options
    What's the regular price on Ducktales? I mean, I see it's 50% off, but 50% off of what?

$15 I believe

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Hmm, I've been sitting on a $10 eshop credit for a couple of months now with nothing to spend it on. Maybe I'll pick this up.

• Options
    EU eShop update for this Thursday:
    WII U eSHOP

My Exotic Farm - €4.99 / £4.49 or €3.49 / £3.14 for owners of My Farm
    My Farm - €4.99 / £4.49 (permanent price reduction)

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE

F-ZERO: Maximum Velocity (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
    Golden Sun (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29

WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS

Mario Kart 8/Super Mario Kart digital promotion - buy Super Mario Kart on the VC, get a €7.99 / £5.49 discount on Mario Kart 8! Starts May 30, ends June 30.
    Ducktales Remastered (Wii U eShop) - €7.49 / £5.99 until April 17
    TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 24
    Disney Epic Mickey 2; The Power of Two (Wii U) - €17.49 / £14.99 from April 17-24
    Giana Sisters; Twisted Dreams (Wii U eShop) - €8.99 / £7.7 from April 17-24

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS

Mario Golf World Tour (demo)
    Etrian Odyssey Untold; Millennium Girl (demo)

3DS eSHOP

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - €14.99 / £13.49
    Putty Squad - €19.99 / £17.99
    Tiny Games: Knights & Dragons - €2.99 / £2.49

3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49

3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS

Buy Mario Golf World Tour on the eShop, get Mario Golf (GBC) for free! (promo runs from May 2-29)
    Nintendo Pocket Football Club (3DS eShop) - €11.99 / £10.79 from April 17-May 1
    Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.99 from April 17-24
    Angry Bunnies (3DS eShop) - €4.85 / £4.49 until April 17
    Fishdom H20: Hidden Odyssey (3DS eShop) - €3.74 / £3.35 until April 17
    Snow Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until April 17
    Real Heroes: Firefighters 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 17
    4 Elements (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until May 8
    Jewel Quest Mysteries 3: The Seventh Gate (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until May 8
    Jewel Quest 4 Heritage (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until May 8
    Luxor (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until May 8
    Secret Mysteries in London (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until May 8

Nintendo Pocket Football Club!
    Mario Golf demo!
    Etrian Odyssey demo!
    Mario golf promo!
    Golden Sun on VC!

Pretty kickass week.

• Options
    This week's eShop update

Wii U Retail

LEGO The Hobbit – $49.99 (available April 22)

Wii U Download

Flowerworks HD: Follie’s Adventure – $3.50 for first 4 weeks, $6 after

My First Songs

Wii U Virtual Console

Super Mario Bros. 3 – $4.99

F-Zero Maximum Velocity – $6.99

Golden Sun – $7.99

3DS Virtual Console

Super Mario Bros. 3 – $4.99

3DS Download

Bit Boy!! ARCADE – $7.99

Smash Cat Heroes – $3.99

eShop Sale

Classic Games Overload – Starting today through 9 a.m. PT on May 1, get Classic Games Overload for 50 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

Price Reductions

Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag – Starting April 21, the price of Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag is being reduced from $59.99 to $39.99.

ZombiU – Starting April 21, the price of first-person horror game ZombiU is being reduced from $59.99 to $29.99.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    This week's eShop update

Wii U Download

NES Remix 2 – $14.99 (available 4/25)
    Child of Light – $14.99 (available 4/29)
    Ava and Avior Save the Earth

Wii U Virtual Console

Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3 – $7.99

3DS Retail

Gardening Mama 2: Forest Friends – $29.99
    Legends of Oz: Dorothy’s Return (available April 29)

3DS Download

Mystery Case Files Retun to Ravenhearst – $5.99
    Me & My Furry Patients 3D
    Ava and Avior Save the Earth

3DS Demo

Mario Golf: World Tour

DSiWare

Sea Battle

eShop Sale

Joindots – For a limited time, select games by Joindots are now on sale in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS, including FunFair Party Games, Gardenscapes, Secret Agent Files: Miami and 3D MahJongg. This offer is valid until 9 a.m. PT on May 8.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Mario Golf demo
    NES Remix 2
    Child of Light

This week is huge!

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Also Me & My Furry Patients 3D.

You forgot about that one.

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Also Me & My Furry Patients 3D.

You forgot about that one.

Oh man, I was going to buy Child of Light...

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    You guys joke, but it's my GOTY so far.

This discussion has been closed.