As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Camp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Chute

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2014 in Camp Weedonwantcha

imageCamp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Chute

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    WaxxyOneWaxxyOne Registered User regular
    Tough cat.

• Options
    kpgoodnightkpgoodnight Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Love the Lord of the Flies reference. One of my favorite books. The parallel suits the comic, I feel. Seeing that Camp Weedonwantcha is almost like Lord of the Flies reimagined as a dark comedy. Except where as that was an allegorical exploration of human nature with children serving as a microcosm for adult society, I feel like this almost does the opposite. It's an incredibly bleak situation these kids are in, but they're still just kids, regardless of whatever desperate reality they find themselves in. All of the same stresses and issues of being a kid growing up are still there, as are the simple joys and reliefs. That's what I think I love about this comic so far. The comedy isn't eclipsed by the tragedy, simply juxtaposed against it.

Keep up the great work, Katie. You're a hell of a talent.

kpgoodnight on
  • Options
    meloleemelolee Registered User new member
    Maybe it's because I've been watching walkthroughs of horror games all night, but that is not the direction I expected this page to go in. Fantastic page as always! Is that a hint of a longer story arc I spy?

• Options
    Spman2099Spman2099 Registered User regular
    This comic was excellent. I really love Camp Weedonwatcha, it has definitely become one of my favorites. However, I have gotten REALLY good at finding the cats. Katie, I challenge you to do a comic where you hide MORE than one cat. Hide many cats. Every crevice must contain another amazingly well hidden cat. Inform the readers of how many have been concealed and then release the comic into the wild. Consider this a virtual glove slap, Katie. This is a formal challenge!

• Options
    Finnish_LineFinnish_Line Registered User regular
    On my sixth try I found the cat. The weight of the world comes off your shoulders at that moment.

• Options
    mushymushy Unprofessional Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I can't wait for my tshirts to get here. One I am turning into a scarf for my dog. It's going to look sweet

• Options
    ATF_GriffATF_Griff Registered User regular
    I've been getting really good at spotting the cat right away then she throws a curveball like this one but it was worth it!

• Options
    Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Another great comic as always. Hearthy laughs were had by all...

Now if only I could spot that damned kittie I could go to bed... but I can't....

• Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Don't click the spoiler unless you give up on finding the cat or want to confirm:
    First panel, at the base of the tree on the left.

• Options
    XMinusOneXMinusOne Registered User regular
    Don't forget the helmet, boots and web belt kids. They're both fun and practical when you're camping in the woods.

• Options
    scotty2haughtyscotty2haughty Registered User regular
    CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!

• Options
    vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    The kid running under the parachute might be the greatest thing to ever appear on The Internet.

55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    KakulukiaKakulukia Registered User regular
    That kid is adorable. He has to become a regular!

• Options
    J. D. MilknutJ. D. Milknut Lord of Chipmunks Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Don't know what you guys are talking about, this was an easy cat.

gekm71tpnnd5.gif
  • Options
    KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    For those who like the little round kid, he's actually in the very first Camp W comic, in the fire panel. I keep track of all the incidental kids I draw, so you'll see him again! :]

• Options
    CheesyCheesy Registered User regular
    Hey katie is it just me or the comment section is bugged?, i can't see the full comments
    on the page, it's like they are outside of the bounds.

Awesome comic as always though :P, definitely didn't see the kid on the first one, goes
    to show your attention to detail. c:

• Options
    KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    Hm, the comments are working normally for me, but I'll mention it to my website helper friends in case something's up. If the comments are buggy on the main site you can always check the forum section for them! They get posted in both places.

• Options
    marsiliesmarsilies Registered User regular
    The comments look right to me, although I can't open MAN IN THE MISTS's spoiler in the comment section; have to go to the forums to open it up.

Sometimes browser extensions/add-ons can cause formatting issues with some websites. Try turning them off to see if that fixes it.

• Options
    tinwatchmantinwatchman Registered User regular
    Dude! Come on! THE GUY HAS A HELMET! IT'S RIGHT THERE!

• Options
    HUNRoninHUNRonin Registered User regular
    I find it strange that noone seems to question the rainbow 'chute. I mean 1: it should've faded over the years 2: what kind of idiot uses a rainbow 'chute in a war? Maybe it was just a WW2 enthusiast who died recently, that would explain it.

• Options
    Dennis D.Dennis D. West Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Chester Copperpot

• Options
    GaradGarad Registered User regular
    I found a fake cat in the second panel, in medium green, under the first "h" in "huh?"...all you can see are the "eyes"...whoops. Not the real cat.

• Options
    ScottyScotty Registered User regular
  • Options
    RedtenRedten Registered User new member
    lol that Lord of the Flies reference.

• Options
    ReiskaReiska Registered User regular
    Carpe diem. Time is limited.

• Options
    Twister2Twister2 Registered User regular
    Was that the human delivery?

• Options
    doctor_dollarsdoctor_dollars AlaskaRegistered User regular
    I don't think parachute cords could withstand that amount of time carrying that body. Also did they not give him a gun?