As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Brave Frontier] Cardes Soon(tm).

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    New Amazon version update out by the way. Fixes the slowdown and lag. I almost forgot how smoothly the game used to run.

I switched back to Google Play and the game ran smooth as hell. I forgot there wasn't a delay between hitting buttons. Feels great.

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    So, I seem to be getting 40 honor points per friend used in battle. Does this mean the honor summon rate has gone up for certain units (like Metal units).

• SkeldSkeld Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    So, I seem to be getting 40 honor points per friend used in battle. Does this mean the honor summon rate has gone up for certain units (like Metal units).

It's totally back!

Also at the last day of the frontier hunter event, I finally figured out the best way to get points is to just spam AOE BB instead of trying to kill 2 at the time for bonuses. I guess the Spark score worth far more than multiple kills.

edited July 2014
    *Sigh* Been trying to get a Thunder Idol for weeks. Just got one. From honor summon...

[edit] Finished FH End for the first time ever. Got really lucky with my final battle. 896.786 points. By far my highest score. GOT AN EVIL SHARD!

Generally I get about 450.000 points, so I'm extremely happy with this.

TeaSpoon on
    No idea at all how you guys are making it to the end of End. I barely make it past the first 3 waves until I get rocked hard on Stage 4.

edited July 2014
    urahonky wrote: »
    No idea at all how you guys are making it to the end of End. I barely make it past the first 3 waves until I get rocked hard on Stage 4.
    Luck. I get wiped out on the fourth stage about 75% of the time. Wiping out on the fifth stage was usually a foregone conclusion.

Generally, you want more enemies. More enemies means more sparks, which means more damage and faster BB recharge. The enemies are weaker too, which means you're more likely to survive. This time, I got five enemies for the fifth battle. And I was doing a surprising amount of damage, and the enemies did surprisingly little damage.

I started with a BB from my entire team. My BB instantly recharged for most of my units and I immediately used them, which knocked out one of the enemies. That was when I knew I had pretty much won the battle.

The trick is using leader skills that help recharge your BB. And then hope you get a decent amount of enemies, because single enemies will wreck your shit.

First battle, use your Fujin potions to get three BB on the first round. This should wipe out the enemies and get you enough crystals to get a whole bunch of BBs on the second battle. Maybe BBs for the entire team. Obviously, use units that do a lot of hits.

I use the balance set. You have to carefully decide when to use your str and def potions. In the later battles, you're forced to use them, or you'll get overwhelmed. In the earlier battles, you have to pick between winning the battle on the first round (for the rather significant point bonus) and trying for two team BBs in the same battle. If you use your str potion, there's a good chance you'll accidentally knock out enemies before recharging your BBs. Misjudge your enemies, and you'll run out of cures and maybe a lose a few units. Trying for two BBs usually isn't worth is when you have only a few enemies. It might even be better to not use any BBs at all, to prevent entering the next battle without your BBs filled.

This is what I figured out the past few days. Keep in mind, this is the first time I seriously played Frontier Hunter, so take this advice with a grain of salt. I didn't have a good FH team the last few times.

[edit] Note, when you try for multiple team BBs per battle, you'll want to keep all your enemies alive to maximize sparks. This is a risky tactic, because the enemies will be hitting you while you're recharging your BBs. The balance set only has 10 cures and no other means of healing, so you'll want to conserve them, which means not getting damaged a lot. High risk, high reward. You can play it safe by using a healer, but that usually means getting less sparks. Rashil is a good healer for Frontier Hunter because of his BB filling leader skill.

TeaSpoon on
  • Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular
    If you get 6* varges your fucked in fh end that fight is fucking bullshit.

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Pretty much. The fewer enemies there are the harder they hit is the general rule of thumb.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Well, that Vargas also has a fucking rebirth mechanic, so it's extra levels of bullshit.

Speaking of Frontier Hunter, I managed to beat End, finally. Sadly, I was 2k points short of the Medulla gem, which is what I really wanted from it. :( Gonna have to try again.

In Unholy Tower of Bullshit news, Estia has shown her fugly mug ONCE in 7 runs, and did not drop. What. The. Fuck. Again.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

edited July 2014
    Oh, and Sefia, Twins and Aisha summoning rates are up for their new 6* forms. The last 3 units barely had any time in the summon gate with increased rates. What a shame.

24 cost for a slot on a team?! Miracle Totem + 2 Element Totems (fuck you Light/Dark) + 1 Element Idol + 1 Dragon Mimic. Welp, Sefia can stay 5* for a long time then :P

El Fantastico on

• CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    The twins leader power is really nice, as is the SBB.

I'm just running constant Aem 6* in Arena because without it, I lose fights. I've gone from "almost always losing" to "only losing if my team refuses to BB on the 3rd or 4th turns".

All my energy is now being devoted to getting Estia until she drops, then I think the focus will be getting Twins to 6*, though I'll once again have the problem of figuring out which 6*s I want on the team because of Cost reasons.

Right now, my arena team is running two Cayenas, 1 Serin, and one Vanila. Between the three, but especially Cayena and Serin, if I get a BB off the other side is either dead, paralyzed, or debuffed so they won't do damage.

I am doing the same for Estia, since you need to have captured both her and Xenon (who I already have) in order to have a chance at the mystery unit.

Bah phone died while I was out yesterday, couldn't get my last runs in FH and fell above 10k. =(

Just ran into a 3 Serin, 1 Cayena, 1 Douglas (6*) arena team. I won (Sefia and Reeze paralyzed the team, but their BBs combined killed them all anyway) but I seriously can't wait for whatever nerf is supposed to be coming that makes their BC gathering less frequent. I used to fear these kinds of teams.

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Yeah, it would be nice if BC/HC generation was more a function of damage done, with multipliers for spark & overkill.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    Yeah, it'd be nice if there was some strategic advantage to units that had a few very large hits versus a whole bunch of smaller hits.

• LubonyLubony Registered User regular
    Been playing this game for awhile when im out of puzzles and dragon stamina, Anyone running the 5x color 50 percent damage leaders feel free to add me .

Blade hero Zelban is my main leader.

No rules or morals except those you choose to accept and live by.
    I keep thinking that I may use my Sergio / Agni / Shida for fodder, because I'm not seeing any 6* evo's coming down the pike for them, and their stats are already not that great at 5*.

steam_sig.png
    I keep thinking that I may use my Sergio / Agni / Shida for fodder, because I'm not seeing any 6* evo's coming down the pike for them, and their stats are already not that great at 5*.
    Was thinking the same for my shida all my other dark units are better and will or have 6* or better stats at 5*

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
    Getting very fed up with this Estia dungeon. I've run it well over 12 times and still haven't seen her other than the one time, and she didn't drop. I've been hitting 181-190 and I'm honestly thinking I may as well just do 191-200 because I'll be guaranteed to see her and hopefully, she'll drop. But it would probably mean gemming at least once for her.

This event can go fuck itself.

So after running the Estia dungeon about the same amount of times as El Fantasico, I finally got her to drop. Breaker, but whatever, I probably won't use her. I just wanted to have her so I would have an opportunity to get the third unit if it turns out to be good.

Aye. I ran 191-200, she showed up twice, but she dropped finally. Guardian. Probably won't use her much unless her advanced form turns out to be uber. Glad to NOT be locked out of content. :P

I got an oracle one from 171-180, she spawned 3 times in 2 runs for me.

I stopped giving a crap about them, honestly. I've just been beefing up my team and trying to gain some levels (I really, really want 90 Energy).

Victory Point tournament is happening. They made improvements to the whole system, but it's still any gem-buyer's tournament to win. It shouldn't be hard to get a prize this time, considering anyone above 10,000 gets something. I might just be able to manage being in that 101-1000 ranking.

Pot running decided to be a bitch. Outside of the final guaranteed pot drop (which is always an element I never need), every drop has been a regular creature. It's not too much to ask for a Light and Water pot, is it?

I need two Earth Totems. Guess what I won't get? I've seen 4 of them in 3 runs and only have a Trent to show for it.

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Once again I'd like to mention how much I hate how BB leveling works.

"Oh boy I got a super success with fusing 5 BB leveling units!"

*BB level doesn't go up at all*

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-"

EDIT: Also, great success with 5 from lvl 1. Nothing. SIGH

Schide on
    Brave Frontier never gives us the units we need. I spend like a week doing a metal run per day, using all my saved up metal keys in my gift chest. I kept seven of each element, except green, and fused any new ones I got. I needed green metal ghosts to make metal kings and clear my inventory. Did I get any? Well, I got two... but I should have been getting more.

Three - or four, I can't remember - weeks trying to get thunder idols on Tuesday. Nothing. I do a whole bunch of honor summons during the special - I had like forty saved up - and I get two thunder idols.

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Welp, game over everyone, thanks for playing, 6* Kikuri is out.

• eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    6* Kikuri isn't that impressive. Farlon's group, Michelle's group, and everyone after have monster 6* units.

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
    I'm not sure I'm prepared for arena teams full of 6* Kikuris.

Ran the Idol dungeon about 10 times yesterday... Not a single Earth Idol.

I have 10 Fire Idols, 8 Water Idols, 6 Thunder Idols, 9 Light Idols, and 7 Dark Idols.

• SkeldSkeld Registered User regular

I have 10 Fire Idols, 8 Water Idols, 6 Thunder Idols, 9 Light Idols, and 7 Dark Idols.

And all I wanted is some light idols for 6* Sefia, and instead I got a parade of earth idols. Ditto with pots. I think the game senses what you really need and veers entirely away from giving it to you.

RNG is a cruel mistress.

Skeld wrote: »

And all I wanted is some light idols for 6* Sefia, and instead I got a parade of earth idols. Ditto with pots. I think the game senses what you really need and veers entirely away from giving it to you.

RNG is a cruel mistress.

Good luck getting two Light Totems tomorrow. I can only hope I get lucky running for two Miracle totems and two Earth Totems (for Twins) that they drop so I can evolve Sefia this week, too.

I got 2 get 2 darks tomorrow wich means I'll nothing but lights :neutral_face: is there a higher chancescof them in miracle kv or the same rng in all ?

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Skeld wrote: »

RNG is a cruel mistress.

Many Japanese games have a hidden mechanic that senses what you want and then proceeds to never give it you ever. Anyone who's played Monster Hunter is probably familiar with this mechanic, named the "Desire Sensor" by those it blights. PAD is the same when it comes to specific evo mats.

In other news, I IAPed a few pulls and got some other additions to my team. They gave me:

Red Slash Farlon
    Drake Lord Aisha
    Bolt Knight Amy
    Bahamut

I guess the game is encouraging me to field a mono red team. I did need a solid offense thunder unit and I hear Bahamut has a useful 6* fusion. Given the good luck, I may have burned all future chances for good pulls. Only at level 41 right now.

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
    Can definitely concur. Ran pots all day yesterday for 1 blue pot. And now I have 5-7 of every other kind.(didn't get the blue one I needed).

Zan, you have a good start to a spark/crit team, which is next style of OP team. But I don't htink you'll have the cost to run it for a while. (also you need to get aisha and bahamut to 6 and SBB aisha)

Can definitely concur. Ran pots all day yesterday for 1 blue pot. And now I have 5-7 of every other kind.(didn't get the blue one I needed).

Zan, you have a good start to a spark/crit team, which is next style of OP team. But I don't htink you'll have the cost to run it for a while. (also you need to get aisha and bahamut to 6 and SBB aisha)

What's the rest of that team like? I have a Duel-GX II which has the same BB effect (can't wait for his 20 hit SBB) and I presume a Zebra is also needed?

Either the Arena RNG really hates me today, or else it now tries to save up for SBB before activating. :(

steam_sig.png