As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I need help, I keep getting "DVI no signal" when playing a game

This happened while playing DOTA2 through Valves Steam program. I start up the game and then within 5,10 or 15 minutes the screen goes black, says "DVI no signal" and goes on standby (indicated to me by the red light on the monitor) and I can't get it back on unless I reboot my entire computer.

This was a problem with occurred 6 months ago for me while playing CSGO again through Steam (now I can play csgo no problem whatsoever). I took it in to a store and they checked my tower multiple times and found no problems. It wasn't fixed on reformatting either. It just stopped one day and now it's back again.

Could this be related to the monitor and the DVI connection? If I get an HDMI cable could it stop? Once the screen goes the sound and everything stops, which tells me it's in the computer tower too.

I realize this is a vague problem, I don't know much about computers. If anyone has any ideas please let me know, it's quite frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

3694663-1.png