As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade Store - Shipping Problems - GET RID of USPS

Digital_DWRDigital_DWR Denver, CORegistered User new member
edited April 2007 in Games and Technology
I purchased the penny arcade beach poster back in mid march. It came to my house looking like this

IMG_8156.jpg
IMG_8158.jpg

and the inside looked like this

IMG_8151.jpg
IMG_8154.jpg

So i filed a complaint with the Penny Arcade store. They apologized and quickly sent out another one..... which arrived today. and it looked like this

IMG_8189.jpg
IMG_8191.jpg
IMG_8192-1.jpg

They wrapped the poster in a protective construction paper. but it didnt save the tube it came in

IMG_8193.jpg
IMG_8194.jpg
IMG_8152.jpg

So i tried calling the united states postal service to file a complaint... CANNOT speak to a live person at the post office. I dont know what to do. I sent the penny arcade store another message. I hope they resolve it.

Maybe 3rd time will be a charm

OR

they just need to send everything UPS PERIOD.

USPS sucks.

Dan

Digital_DWR on

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    i thought the whole reason they moved away from thinkgeek was that they hated ups...

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm not sure this is games or technology... but... um...

Every poster I've ever gotten via USPS has arrived in pristine condition. Maybe you have bad luck? Or a mailman that hates you?

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hi Dan

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    You know i would pay more for a product if i knew when it was shipped. some half has postal worker wasnt going to CRUSH the freaking thing in his truck.... 2 dif shipments. messed up the same way..

aggrivating

Digital_DWR on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I thought this was a general chat forum.. ( usely the one on top of the forums. mybad)

Digital_DWR on
  • Options
    WembleyWembley Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Nah. SE++ is the general chat forum. I wouldn't go there if I were you. I've heard stories. Terrible, terrible stories.

Wembley on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm not sure this is games or technology... but... um...

Every poster I've ever gotten via USPS has arrived in pristine condition. Maybe you have bad luck? Or a mailman that hates you?

Same here.

I'm an avid record collector, and I've never gotten anything that was damaged beyond the normal wear and tear (in a record's case, ring wear on the sleeve and possibly bent corners). Switching to UPS won't save your packages from careless workers.

:-(

Sheep on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    No, no. Go post this in SE++. They'll help ya out.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Houk wrote: »
    No, no. Go post this in SE++. They'll help ya out.

But it will contain no less than 3 dicks 2 cocks and a lol.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Well then i am thankful i posted this thread here. Being constructive is definitely more received then being a dickcaucalol

Digital_DWR on
  • Options
    MashalotMashalot Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I've heard from friends who've worked at UPS & anecdotally on the web that workers are expected to load trucks at a rate of more than one package per second, naturally this entails a ton of flinging, bashing and crushing.

Regardless of whether that's true or not, UPS has trashed way more of my packages than the USPS has. And if I'm bothering with UPS the item is probably heavy and expensive which makes the trashing even more devastating. :x

The USPS isn't going to give two shits about your crushed posters unfortunately, and even if you went UPS/Fedex and had it insured it would take an act of, uh, Samhein or Danzig or something to get them to own up anyway.

Moral is you're screwed no matter what, but if I had to pick a package carrier at gunpoint I'd probably go USPS.

Mashalot on
  • Options
    BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It’s always a joyful experience to get anticipated packages damaged by ups USPS or FedEx. I can truly sympathize with the OP as the current neighborhood I live in is serviced by a rather lackluster postal worker who seems to go out of their way to fuck up the mail. If we even receive the mail it is mail of others on the block and often times I end up calling places I was expecting bills from like the local utilities to try and get account information so I can send them a check. Many with in several bocks of where I live have filled several complaints but it seems to have no effect on the day to day operation. I think in the end it simply comes down to the luck of the draw on which means of shipment works best.

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The tube is civilization

captaink on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    i hear you can order pieces of the internet packaged in tubes...cardboard tubes.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Sadly, Gabe and Tycho rarely read the forums, and they almost never read this forum, so if you really want to get in touch with them about the issues you're having you should email them about it. Or better yet, you should email Robert Khoo.

Although it sounds like it's out of their hands regardless. I seriously doubt they're putting the posters into the mailing tubes damaged, so it's the mail carrier you need to deal with.

Captain K on
This discussion has been closed.