As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Superhero Movies] Ooga chaka

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm is just baffling

Like I have seen him in a bunch of stuff, although not any of the recent indie dramas he has swerved into, and while he definitely can act absolutely none of his roles made me think he'd be a great Thing. Like even at his most angry and violent, probably in that shitty The Eagle movie, he still didn't have anywhere near the rough but lovable "hewn from rocks" voice Thing has to have.

Unless he has been hiding a really diverse vocal range that role is gonna be a mess

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Woah

I made a post that appears in my post history but not the thread

weird

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    GG is goddamn handsome enough already

There is no "handsome enough"
    It's never enough.

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    GG is goddamn handsome enough already

There is no "handsome enough"
    It's never enough.

GG just remember murdering me would actually gain you net handsomeness loss

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Woah

weird
    .....Ghosted?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Woah

weird
    .....Ghosted?

Possibly

It was just immature giggling at the fact that there is an actress named Imogen Poots

Chincymcchilla on
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I have no idea how they measured this but the Wrap is claiming the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer got 88,000 "mentions" on Facebook and Twitter and the tone of the messages were generally excited and "giddy" in the 12 hours between 11 PM and 11 AM, Man of Steel's debut trailer got 75,000 and ASM 2 got 96,000 but both of those were released in the middle of the day, not just before midnight.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Imogen Poots is gosh dang gorgeous.

• Options
    Yeah but man

Her parents were jerks.

I mean you're already running uphill with a last name like Poots but Imogen surely didn't help

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Yeah but man

Her parents were jerks.

I mean you're already running uphill with a last name like Poots but Imogen surely didn't help

Her full name is Imogen Gay Poots

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well I have seen far worse names inflicted upon people

• Options
    Imogen is an uncommon name but I don't think there's anything inherently embarrassing about it

• Options
    Imogen is an uncommon name but I don't think there's anything inherently embarrassing about it

Tell that to 5 year olds

As much as I'd like to give my kid a cool or unique name I just remember how big of assholes little kids are and then I chicken out

• Options
    Combined with her middle and last names it doesn't help, really. I wouldn't have wanted to be her in middle school is all I'm sayin

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm is just baffling

Like I have seen him in a bunch of stuff, although not any of the recent indie dramas he has swerved into, and while he definitely can act absolutely none of his roles made me think he'd be a great Thing. Like even at his most angry and violent, probably in that shitty The Eagle movie, he still didn't have anywhere near the rough but lovable "hewn from rocks" voice Thing has to have.

Unless he has been hiding a really diverse vocal range that role is gonna be a mess

Would you say that is more baffling, or less baffling, than Paul Giamatti cast as Rhino?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    My best friend in high school was named Tiernan.

We just called him T.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Less Baffling since they are going with Ultimate Rhino who is a dude in a Rhino mech which Giamatti is just fine for

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Giamatti as Rhino isn't baffling, it's brilliant.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    My favorite thing about those rap-sheets for the GotG is that Rocket has the highest amount of incidents/felonies on his criminal record out of the group.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    So I picked up the first volume of MTMtE and RID. I like them. The comics seem to really work good in pairs and l like the characterization going on.

I also picked up the first issue of Sex Criminals and so far that seems pretty fun.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So crazy thought. What if this movie is set in the eighties and through gem or ftl shenanigans the team is blasted to present day by the end?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    So crazy thought. What if this movie is set in the eighties and through gem or ftl shenanigans the team is blasted to present day by the end?

It's heavily implied by the walkman and Star Lord's age that he has been in space for a pretty long time

• Options
    Also:

1964833_10152432316533488_1796800235_n.jpg

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    How unusual is imogen in England though

• Options
    One of my old English professors had always wanted to name her daughter Eurydice, but knew that it was far too easy for mean kids to pronounce as "You're a Dyke"

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »
    My favorite thing about those rap-sheets for the GotG is that Rocket has the highest amount of incidents/felonies on his criminal record out of the group.

Also my answer to why no one sits with me at lunch is on his rap sheet
    Tendency to Bite

• Options
    One of my old English professors had always wanted to name her daughter Eurydice, but knew that it was far too easy for mean kids to pronounce as "You're a Dyke"

This is what the middle name is for

When I was born mine was pretty uncommon but now its a lot more widespread and it's what I use so

• Options
    My middle name was once a profession is now a hobby
    And my brothers were upset I got it when they got either the RWG curse or what my father's name was supposed to be

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    imogen was one of the most popular baby names in the UK in 2013, that completes my contribution to this conversation

• Options
    EVERYONE SHUT UP

SHUT UP, LUTZ

COLORED GHOST RIDER ART
    All-New-Ghost-Rider-Preview-1-185d6.jpg
    All-New-Ghost-Rider-Preview-2-f1ca1.jpg
    All-New-Ghost-Rider-Preview-3-16f1b.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Fuck

Marvel I dont need more books dammit

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    It is doubly impressive since car chases/races are incredibly hard to pull off in comics.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    "Midgar Zolom Strikes Again"?

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Has that artist done anything else worth checking out?

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Hermano wrote: »
    The Strange Talent of Luther Strode

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Woah

weird

this has been a known bug for a while. If you post just as the page transitions, sometimes the post will fall through the cracks

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    The Strange Talent of Luther Strode

Cool, thanks

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    He also did an issue of Zero.

Everyone, read Zero.

AtomicTofu on
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Yup!

This discussion has been closed.