As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nintendo sees $8.1billion US Revenue

13»

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    NARF!

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    MarlorMarlor Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    DeVryGuy wrote: »
    It's late for me as well, but is the statement being made that Nintendo is taking less than a third of the take for an industry with 3 primary competitors? Or does the 30 billion figure include all the game developers as well?

It is the whole industry, so it includes all the third-party game developers.

Marlor on
    Mario Kart Wii: 1332-8060-5236 (Aaron)
  • Options
    TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    miyamoto_duck.jpg

Taximes on
  • Options
    JWFokkerJWFokker Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Profs wrote: »
    I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard Blu-Ray's outselling HD-DVD at a ratio of 3:1. As a completely undocumented statistic, take it for what it's worth. :P

It may be 3:1 by now - it was 2:1 as of mid February. Actual media sales market share started shifting a couple weeks after the PS3 launched, but considering the Blu-Ray install base when the PS3 is included, a very small portion are actually buying Blu-Ray titles. At the current rate, Blu-Ray may win, but it will take a very long time to happen. If Universal, Paramount and Warner start producing HD-DVD/DVD hybrid discs as planned, that may level the playing field however.

JWFokker on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You know in reality diving into a pool full of gold coins would probably break your neck.

I'm surprised that hasn't been Family Guy'd or Robot Chicken'd.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Nintendo are gunna go bankrupt!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, this is insane.

Nintendo to buy Microsoft and Sony next month.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]