As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lego] Scooby Doo, where are you?

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Fuck. Uh. I might have just ordered and obscenely large Lego that was just made available for VIP members.

Uhhhhh. Yeah.

NO REGRETS

I have no problem waiting 2 weeks and saving up $125/mo.

Cannot wait for June, though!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Fuck. Uh. I might have just ordered and obscenely large Lego that was just made available for VIP members.

Uhhhhh. Yeah.

NO REGRETS

I told my wife I wanted to save for this over the next couple of months last Thursday.

On Friday, my six-year old computer's CPU died. So, there goes my plans for the Sea Cow in the near future. Hopefully it sticks around for a while.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I'll post pictures so you guys can live vicariously through me.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Is this the right thread to talk about this? There is going to be an episode of the Simpsons created entirely out of lego bricks. The article is a little unclear as to whether it will be just cgi with the characters looking lego like (like the various cartoon series and the movie), or if it will be stop motion, but I'm hoping for the latter.

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    One can hope it's the same way the Lego Movie was filmed.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh man a Martian Manhunter figure? Almost got the Justice League together. Got Batman in eight different flavours, Supes, WW, Flash, Aquadouche and now MM? So close.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    So, it looks like they have 5 different versions of Unikitty planned, all in different sets.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    So, it looks like they have 5 different versions of Unikitty planned, all in different sets.

It's a new thread, so I'll quote myself. :)
    Uni-kitty is in the Cloud Cuukoo set.
    Biznis kitty is in the Lord Business's Evil Lair set.
    Angry Kitty is in
    Emmit's construction mech set.
    Queasy Kitty is in the Sea Cow set.
    Astro Kitty is in the "Benny's Spaceship SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP!!!" set.

0q5xzW6.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

It's a new thread, so I'll quote myself. :)
    Uni-kitty is in the Cloud Cuukoo set.
    Biznis kitty is in the Lord Business's Evil Lair set.
    Angry Kitty is in
    Emmit's construction mech set.
    Queasy Kitty is in the Sea Cow set.
    Astro Kitty is in the "Benny's Spaceship SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP!!!" set.

0q5xzW6.jpg

I love Unikitty, of course being voiced by Alison Brie helps.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    Oh man a Martian Manhunter figure? Almost got the Justice League together. Got Batman in eight different flavours, Supes, WW, Flash, Aquadouche and now MM? So close.

Now we need Green Lantern and then it's complete.

(sorry Cyborg)

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »

(sorry Cyborg)

Technically there is a Green Lantern. He was a San Diego Comic Con exclusive figure and is insane expensive now. He was the same figure seen in the Lego Movie. Stupid how they haven't put him in any sets.

Also has there been a Green Arrow?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Given how much screen time Green Lantern got, I'm very surprised to hear that, Timspork.

I mean.. as much as I want that Michelangelo figure, I'd figure Green Lantern and Superman would be more readily available for having speaking parts.

• Options
    I can see Green Lantern coming out in the next lot of DC sets. Fans are pretty eager to have him

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    There are a bunch of sets with Superman already (of some kind).

I think there's been a Green Arrow, yeah, but only as an exclusive to Comic Con or something similar.

• Options
    Given how much screen time Green Lantern got, I'm very surprised to hear that, Timspork.

I mean.. as much as I want that Michelangelo figure, I'd figure Green Lantern and Superman would be more readily available for having speaking parts.

Yeah it is weird. The soon to be released Police Dropship from the movie comes with Johnny Thunder, a figure from the old Adventure theme being arrested. He is not even seen in the movie. As much as I love they included Johnny Thunder, with back printing!, it really should have been Green Lantern.

They may not have been able to put other licenses into the movie sets due to licensing reasons. I do not believe Batman comes in any of the movie sets. May explain the lack of Green Lantern.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Batman's coming with the dropship. Or he was in the original announcement for it.

Edit: Yup. Still there. Still a unique, eyebrow-raised mold.

QO5C3782.jpg

Movie spoiler:
    It's fun to see which sets come with Emmit having the tracking stud attached, and which don't.

Athenor on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    As the OP of the previous LEGO thread, I approve this new thread.

Go forth, my children, and build

• Options
    Oh yeah. Forgot he was in the dropship. The mold is the revised mold that is currently available with batman minifigs so he's not really new. The Ninajo guy should have been Green Lantern.

• Options
    Spoilers for people who appeared in the movie and I'd like to see in that dropship set
    I'd rather they swapped the adventurer guy for Green Lantern if they were going to include him. I didn't notice him at all and Green Ninja appeared in the trailers and gets a mention during Vivtruvius's introduction of the master builders.

Ideally for me that set they would've included Wonder Woman as that's the ship that blows up her Invisible Jet (like it does Batman's Batplane). Or swap adventure guy and green ninja for Green Lantern and Superman because of how the film pairs them together all the time. Granted that way you could have ended up with Superman, Batman, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman all in one set. Which lots of people would then buy.

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah. Forgot he was in the dropship. The mold is the revised mold that is currently available with batman minifigs so he's not really new. The Ninajo guy should have been Green Lantern.

Might have been too DC themed then. I figure they made a different deal for Batman than for the rest of DC in terms of sets.

• Options
    Considering it's WB's movie, they probably could've included anything they wanted, but wanted it to be internationally recognizable.

• Options
    Also, I braved the nasty weather to pick up one of the 6 clearance-sale Quinjets at Wal-mart. When the clearance price is $50 and the prices on Amazon are.. much higher than that, I figured it was worth picking up.

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Considering it's WB's movie, they probably could've included anything they wanted, but wanted it to be internationally recognizable.

Film and sets are different things. They included a lot of DC things in the film, but there is probably a whole new set of contracts needed to include all DC stuff in the sets and they have little reason to do so. Batman is a major character, the rest aren't.

• Options
    The Quinjet is nice. FYI, it is super easy to remove the drone launcher thing from the middle, patch up the hole, and have a fully open interior.

• Options
    The Quinjet is nice. FYI, it is super easy to remove the drone launcher thing from the middle, patch up the hole, and have a fully open interior.

Whelp.. I may just do that.

I will revisit it eventually.

• Options
    So.. um...

Holy SHIT.

Thank you guys for recommending the Quinjet. Holy cow is it an amazing model. It's frakking HUGE!

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    I'll post pictures so you guys can live vicariously through me.

After it's built, will you fly it through the air while singing sea shanties?

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Maybe.

• Options
    Thank you guys for recommending the Quinjet. Holy cow is it an amazing model. It's frakking HUGE!

I love that set. Wish I could make some kind of hangar for it to stay in.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Cross posting from SE++, because its more relevant here...
    Man I have a huge problem.

I got bored the other day so I did the LEGO wolverine/magneto/deadpool helicopter set that has been sitting, unopened, for about a year in my house.

Then I realized...LEGO IS SO FUN.

So I went to the store almost immediately after and found the Daily Bugle set with Nova, Spidey, JJJ, Beetle and Dr. doom on clearance for $30. So I got it. And built it.

The yesterday my girlfriend was at target and got me some lumberjack mountain cabin set that Wolverine TOTALLY would hang out at so now I have like a whole city going and oh god I can't stop.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    One of us. One of us.

• Options
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Cross posting from SE++, because its more relevant here...
    Man I have a huge problem.

I got bored the other day so I did the LEGO wolverine/magneto/deadpool helicopter set that has been sitting, unopened, for about a year in my house.

Then I realized...LEGO IS SO FUN.

So I went to the store almost immediately after and found the Daily Bugle set with Nova, Spidey, JJJ, Beetle and Dr. doom on clearance for $30. So I got it. And built it.

The yesterday my girlfriend was at target and got me some lumberjack mountain cabin set that Wolverine TOTALLY would hang out at so now I have like a whole city going and oh god I can't stop.

Feel the lego flow through you! Mwwwuuuahahahahahahaha.

Yesterday I just ordered a $250 giant lego pirate ship if that makes you feel any better about your problem.

• Options
    Over the last week or two I've probably bought about $300 in lego.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I might go and get another 2 in 1 set today. Either the Garbage Truck or the Ice Cream Truck? Thoughts on the 2 sets?

Additionally, I broke down and got the Lego movie game last night. So far, proving to be a worthwhile investment. I might just stream it for one of my girlfriends since she can't see the movie herself easily at the moment.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    The garbage truck looks good both ways, but the micro manager eating version is just badass looking.

• Options
    I came across a website today that was nothing but Lego versions of Game of Thrones. Now I want to take a trip to the Lego store's 'make a minfigure' stand and see how many people from that show I can make.

• Options
    Matev wrote: »
    I might go and get another 2 in 1 set today. Either the Garbage Truck or the Ice Cream Truck? Thoughts on the 2 sets?

Additionally, I broke down and got the Lego movie game last night. So far, proving to be a worthwhile investment. I might just stream it for one of my girlfriends since she can't see the movie herself easily at the moment.

Garbage Truck in flying mode is really cool. The ice Cream Truck is really cool as an Ice Cream truck because there's never been an ice cream truck for lego city before. Same with the Plumber's van.

Also the Melting Room is out of stock at Lego! 30 days till they get more. Crazy.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    I feel bad for you guys lacking Melting Room sets; I see them all the time at B&N.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    I feel bad for you guys lacking Melting Room sets; I see them all the time at B&N.

My melting room set is tucked away as an Easter present for myself. muwahaha

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »

(sorry Cyborg)

There's pics of a Green Lantern light up keychain minifig at FBTB.