As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PSN] 20 Jan - 10% Off Weekend | REmake | Ironclad Tactics | Citizens of Earth

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    DmC Definitive Edition hitting PS4 in March

It's not a sequel but hey, I will happily take this

Though hopefully this means that they're at least thinking of a sequel

Nice! I'll pick that up for sure. Hopefully it sells well and leads to a DmC 2, because DmC was way better than any of the Capcom DMCs. Their version of Dante was cooler, and the combat was more fun.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Hopefully they're thinking of DMC5.

I sincerely doubt this

I have to imagine Capcom is in dire straits - they poured a lot of money into Dragon's Dogma, and then it failed, big time. Resident Evil 6 was a disaster. Street Fighter V is being co-funded by Sony, so even that isn't something that they would have undertaken on their own, and that's a bigger franchise than DMC.

Capcom doesn't seem to be down for developing anything nowadays that isn't Monster Hunter, and maybe understandably so, since that's the only thing that seems to work for them in the long run

A DmC2 would likely just be done by Ninja Theory again instead of developed internally. It seems like it would be much lower risk.

• Options
    Dragon's Dogma failed? I thought a sequel was announced... did they axe it? Damn, I hope the're still making DD2, the first one was so cool.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Dragon's Dogma failed? I thought a sequel was announced... did they axe it? Damn, I hope the're still making DD2, the first one was so cool.

The last reported number sold was 1.3 million

For a game they put that much money and time into, yeah, that's not very good

But since they blew all that money on it, it might still be worth their time to use some of the assets they've made and do a sequel and try to get more cash out of it

For reference, DmC sold 1.6 million and was also considered a failure

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    It's really weird that they're inserting a whole new playable character in DMC4. I assume it'll be the same stages and enemies, but still.

Also funny how they're trying to (literally) whitewash DmC's Dante. The black hair was clearly a huge oversight on their part.

Which is a shame since the game itself is actually really darn good.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    @UnbreakableVow: You're a goose of a tease you know that. :(

Dammit Capcom. Why DMC4 with new content and not DMC5?

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Also if for some odd reason you don't own Ground Zeroes yet it's super cheap now: http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Ground-PlayStation-Standard/dp/B00HD4R5YU/

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Dragon's Dogma is fantastic. Such a shame it didn't sell better.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Both vanilla Dragon's Dogma and Dark Arisen are great.

They're masterworks, all.

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    I hope the Order is one of those Uncharted/Enslaved types of games where just seeing some clips doesn't really do it justice, as the real oomph is in the character development and writing. Because what I've seen so far looks super uninteresting.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    I'm always willing to give a new IP a shot, and a steampunk shooter about immortal knights hunting werewolves is the kind of crazy that's right up my alley.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I downloaded Strider since it was on sale. How is it?

Better yet, how does it fare for a person who played and loved the original Genesis game? It looks fast and fun.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular

There's been sequel hopes but nothing has been set in stone.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    So, thinking about getting a PS3. Is it worth getting a TV over 720p, do most games upscale?

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    So, thinking about getting a PS3. Is it worth getting a TV over 720p, do most games upscale?
    Most PS3 games render and output at 720p, but I don't really see any reason to get a non-1080p TV these days due to the prices.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Most TVs have pretty decent upscalers anyway.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    do they even sell non 1080p tvs anymore??

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Which day is the final of those "12 deals"?

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

A lot of TVs under 40 inches are 720p. No need for 1080 at that screen size.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular

They do. Mostly smaller TVs though.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

A lot of TVs under 40 inches are 720p. No need for 1080 at that screen size.

What you're saying here is complete crazy talk, especially considering a lot of people use TVs as computer monitors and not just for consoles. I mean, my actual computer monitor is 24" and there's no way I'd ever use a resolution lower than 1920x1080. Hell, next time I upgrade my monitor it'll be for one that supports 1440p.

• Options
    For people who sit at a typical tv-watching distance to a sub-40 inch tv, it's really tough to see the difference between 1080 and 720. But of course that changes when you get closer. There's a bunch of diagrams that let you input two of the three variables to get the third variable. TV size/distance/resolution. Look it up and see what works for you.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    If you're using a 26 inch computer monitor for a TV like a lot of young people do, you're not sitting across the room from it, you're sitting in a computer chair in front of it. And you'll most definitely be able to tell the difference between 1080p and 720p. If you don't believe, change the resolution on your computer monitor right now to 1280x720 and see if it looks the same to you as 1920x1080.

Maybe if you're using like a 36" TV and sitting 8 feet from it you won't be able to tell a great difference while watching tv or movies. I don't know. I use a 55" TV and I can most definitely tell a difference between 1080p and 720p while playing games, watching shows/movies/sports, etc.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    If you're using a 26 inch computer monitor for a TV like a lot of young people do, you're not sitting across the room from it, you're sitting in a computer chair in front of it. And you'll most definitely be able to tell the difference between 1080p and 720p. If you don't believe, change the resolution on your computer monitor right now to 1280x720 and see if it looks the same to you as 1920x1080.

Maybe if you're using like a 36" TV and sitting 8 feet from it you won't be able to tell a great difference while watching tv or movies. I don't know. I use a 55" TV and I can most definitely tell a difference between 1080p and 720p while playing games, watching shows/movies/sports, etc.

Sure, but the vast majority of people can't tell the difference, so they make the tv cheaper by reducing the resolution.

If you're using it for a computer monitor, buy a damn monitor.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    "Yisssss, another 'tell the difference between resolutions' conversation!"~ everyone

:P

• Options
    Look up info yourself, find out what works for you, go to a store if you can to look at actual tvs. Anything but taking advice from people online concerning their preferred setup.

Anyway! Who's looking forward to this week's deals? :/

• Options
    Do we know what's on sale today for the holiday thing on PS4? The past two weeks haven been kinda lame.

• Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    Do we know what's on sale today for the holiday thing on PS4? The past two weeks haven been kinda lame.

Yeah I'm waiting for the store refresh to see what is new for sale this week. Having my finguers cross for some titles I'm holding on before buying.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Whoa, didn't want to start that silly debate, sorry.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Whoa, didn't want to start that silly debate, sorry.

I've got your back, escape while I distract them:

Is there any point to 60fps? Like, you can't really tell the difference between that and 30fps anyway.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    How Can FPS Be Real When Our Eyes Aren't Real

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Super unimpressed with this week's sale

A few good games, almost all of which have been a PS+ freebie at some point or another

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    This week's sale looks decent. The plus discount price seems like a good price for Child of Light and Counterspy.

• Options
    I already have the PC version, but Terraria is tempting for controller support. Crafting elements or no, I just can't do platformers on a keyboard.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I could've sworn Terraria PC had native controller support, but I could be wrong I guess?

• Options
    Nope. Big oversight, and I hate rewarding them for it with more money, but fun is fun I guess.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I don't see a non-bundled ps4 version of terraria.

This discussion has been closed.