As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PSN] 20 Jan - 10% Off Weekend | REmake | Ironclad Tactics | Citizens of Earth

• AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Just because twin stick shooters have mostly been a modern day bullet hell doesn't mean anything new and different can't be done with that control layout.

A wise mutant encased in a human's torso once said, "open your mind...."

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Red Dead Redemption is so goddamn good. I wish I could play through that for the first time again.
    Here's hoping R* makes another Red Dead game sometime in the future!

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Red Dead Redemption is so goddamn good. I wish I could play through that for the first time again.
    Here's hoping R* makes another Red Dead game sometime in the future!

Still wishing for a PC port, but that will likely never happen. I enjoyed the hell out of it on my 360.

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Allforce wrote: »
    I'm into that. More and more I see games like this as the future of videogames. So many AAA games costing a metric fortune and not meeting publisher expectations and developers going under because of it. But it's the titles like Helldivers with these classic gaming archetypes just enhanced with great graphics and gameplay that deliver the quality entertainment

I love some AC4 and Titanfall but I'll easily put more hours into shit like this and Trials HD or Pac Man CE that it sort of boggles my mind how the big publishers don't see how the two can coexist and make money for everyone. Thank god for the little guys I suppose.

Gaming as a hobby needs both. I want to play Hotline Miami and then play The Last of Us. Just like I want to watch something like Winter's Bone and then turn around and watch Avatar. You want blockbusters, 2 man development team indies, and everything in between.

Joshmvii on
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    So, I'm paring down my video game collection as I just don't have the kind of time to play that I used to.

I have a Vita +8gb +16gb +Persona 4 Golden.

If anyone has been thinking about getting a Vita but were waiting for a good deal, shoot me a PM and let's talk.

I also have an old school backwards compatible PS3 with a 500gb hard drive I could possibly let go. Still on the fence about keeping it.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    @Beltaine PM sent in case you missed it :)

• RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I was disappointed because Ni no Kuni is still like $60 retail here.
    Then I looked on the PSN and it's only $25. Take that expensive retail!

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Woo! Strider's "Untouchable" trophy get! Once you unlock the Option-A thing, it becomes way easier to do.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Is there a way to dodge or block enemy shots in Strider?

Is there a way to dodge or block enemy shots in Strider?

There's a cipher upgrade that lets you deflect enemy shots. Option-A is a temporary shield device that blocks shots and missiles.

Slide attacks are a goodish way to dodge too.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Strider is pretty damn fantastic.

If I had to upgrade my way to grappling I would have gone bonkers. They found a way to give Strider all his Sega era toys yet still have a fantastic array of upgrades.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Yeah I watched the gametrailer review and was pretty disappointed with their take. I've already bought and downloaded it so I was just curious, but from the footage I've seen...I don't know, I didn't get the impression they gave.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Here's The Drop for this week!
    New PlayStation Releases This Week

Basement Crawl
    PS4 — Digital
    Inspired by the classic Bomberman series, Basement Crawl features fiendish arenas with both online and offline modes. Four characters with dozens of traps and skills. Laced with a dark horror theme.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
    PS3 — Digital, Retail
    The origin story of the Belmont family continues with Lords of Shadow 2. Wield immense weaponry and fluid combo chains against your enemies. Drain the blood of those that stand against you, and unlock the secrets of the night.

Herc’s Adventures
    PSone Classic — Digital
    Seems like Greece has really fallen on some hard times ever since Hades kidnapped Persephone. Using your strength and cunning, help rescue the legendary lady and return Greece to its former glory!

Magus
    PS3 — Digital, Retail
    Since the creation of the world, the gods have ruled over mankind and governed its path. But over time, people began to forget the gods and so their power waned. In the wake of this abandonment, the devoted Kinna infiltrates a prison in the Waterfall Realm to search for someone. She finds Magus, and their lives are about to change forever.

Mahjong World Contest
    PS Vita — Digital
    Plunge into a host of golden tiles and compete for glory. Challenge more than 100 unique levels across a variety of difficulty modes, and earn experience to advance up the hierarchy.

Pac-Man Museum
    PS3 — Digital
    Experience the roots of this iconic gaming series with a collection of Pac-Man hits from decades past. Includes nostalgia-inducing oldies and modern classics like Pac-Man Championship Edition.

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
    PS3 — Digital, Retail
    Revel in the fan-favorite JRPG as it celebrates its 10th anniversary. Embark on an epic quest with refined visuals, enhanced audio, a complete Japanese voice track, and the original theme songs. See why JRPG enthusiasts around the world sing praises of the Tales series.

Thief
    PS3, PS4 — Digital, Retail
    Slink through the shadows of the City and uncover the mystery surrounding Garrett’s strange disappearance. Steal trinkets and gold as you go, and approach every situation with a personal touch. The classic stealth series is back.

Demos and Betas

Pac-Man Museum — PS3 Demo

This week, the PS4 gets Basement Crawl and Thief, while the PS3 also gets Thief, but gets Pac-Man Museum, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 and Tales of Symphonia Chronicles. A pretty wide variety of genres this week, so that's pretty neat!

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Pac-Man Museum for me this week

Huge sale: Plus Price/Sale Price/Regular Price

Diablo III $35.99 $39.99 $59.99
    Dragon’s Crown (PS Vita) $17.49 $24.99 $39.99
    Dragon’s Crown (PS3) $17.49 $24.99 $49.99
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City $4.89 $6.99 $9.99
    Guacamelee! (Cross-buy) $7.34 $10.49 $14.99
    Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (PS Vita) $14.69 $20.99 $29.99
    Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (PS3) $24.49 $34.99 $49.99
    Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (PS4) $24.49 $34.99 $49.99
    Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch $6.99 $9.99 $19.99
    Persona 2: Eternal Punishment $3.49 $4.99 $9.99
    Persona 4 Arena $7.50 14.99 $29.99
    Rayman Legends $29.39 $41.99 $59.99
    Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS Vita) $17.49 $24.99 $35.99
    Spelunky (Cross-buy) $7.34 $10.49 $14.99
    Super Motherload (Cross Buy) $3.75 $7.49 $14.99
    Tales of Xillia $14.99 $19.99 $39.99
    Terraria (PS3) $5.99 $9.99 $14.99
    The Walking Dead: Season 2 – Ep. 1, All That Remains $2.79 $3.99 $4.99
    The Walking Dead: Season 2 – Season Pass $10.49 $14.99 $19.99
    The Wolf Among Us – Episode 1: Faith $2.39 $3.99 $4.99
    The Wolf Among Us Season Pass $8.99 $14.99 $19.99
    WWE 2K14 $29.99 $39.99 $59.99

EDIT:
    Also getting a PS Vita Sale!
    Title PS Plus Price Sale Price Original Price
    Castlestorm (cross-buy) PS Vita $4.89 $6.99 $9.99
    Castlestorm (cross-buy) PS3 $4.89 $6.99 $9.99
    CastleStorm Complete Edition $6.99 $9.99 $14.99
    Escape Plan PS Vita (cross-buy) $7.34 $10.49 $14.99
    Escape Plan PS4 (cross-buy) $7.34 $10.49 $14.99
    flOw PS Vita (cross-buy) $2.79 $3.99 $5.99
    flOw PS3 (cross-buy) $2.79 $3.99 $5.99
    flOw PS4 (cross-buy) $2.79 $3.99 $5.99
    Flower PS Vita (cross-buy) $3.49 $4.99 $6.99
    Flower PS3 (cross-buy) $3.49 $4.99 $6.99
    Flower PS4 (cross-buy) $3.49 $4.99 $6.99
    Hotline Miami (cross-buy) $2.50 $4.99 $9.99
    Killzone Mercenary $17.49 $24.99 $35.99
    Machinarium $1.75 $3.49 $6.99
    Malicious Rebirth $7.34 $10.49 $14.99
    Open Me! $4.89 $6.99 $9.99
    Orgarhythm $4.89 $6.99 $9.99
    Proteus (cross-buy) $4.19 $6.99 $13.99
    Ragnarok Odyssey $14.69 $20.99 $29.99
    Stick it to the Man (cross buy) $6.29 $8.99 $12.99
    Sumioni: Demon Arts $4.89 $6.99 $9.99
    Valhalla Knights 3 $14.69 $20.99 $29.99
    Velocity Ultra $2.09 $3.49 $7.49

Woo!

I came so close to buying Castlestorm the other day. Ha haaaa! Might bite on that Persona fighting game for 7 bucks too.

Disappointed in no Tearaway in the Vita sale, though. =/

I'm gonna get Castlestorm too, always been mildly interested in it. Cross buy for 5 bucks is always a steal.

I'm gonna do Walking Dead Season 2 and maybe that Ni No Kuni game just for shits and giggles.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    What's the dates on that sale? There are a few things on that list I might grab that cheap...

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    One week, starting with the Tuesday update.

• b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    Finally. I was waiting for dragons crown to drop to 20 bucks before I entered it into my backlog. This sale is even better!

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Hotline Miami and Velocity Ultra are steals at those prices. Also, Persona 4 Arena just so happens to be my favorite fighting game right now and that's a great price.

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Dunno if some of these are the usual prices but there seem to be some good deals on PSN at the moment in the UK with :

(Price/PS+ price)
    Tearaway being- £12.99/£11.69
    Xcom - Enemy Within - £11.09/£9.98
    Castle of Illusion - £4.59/£3.44
    Enslaved - £7.99/£7.19
    Walking Dead Vita - £6.74/£6.07
    Lone Survivor Vita - £6.19/£5.57

Catherine, Hotline Miami and quite a few others are on sale but because I've bought them in the past I can't see the price. This may have been going on for ages but I've just logged on and seen it. Tempted by Lone Survivor.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    Man, I really wish pac-man museum was on the ps4. I had wanted "Left Behind" to be my last ps3 purchase...

PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • VorpalVorpal Registered User regular

Any kind of cross buy on this? I'm not sure which platform to choose if not!

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Unfortunately not. They are separate purchases.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
    Yeah I wish it was cross buy. But I hear the PSVITA version is the one to get for the ability to suspend the game whenever which the PS3 version cannot do.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    Vorpal wrote: »

It is not. I bought it for both and it was totally worth it. You can transfer your save game between them pretty easily due to a cloud save option. I played on the Vita when playing solo, and played the ps3 version with the wife.

PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
    Vita can be suspended at any point, but it's easier to lose your character if the action gets too crazy on the smaller screen. I have both versions, and prefer to play it on the bigger screen, but you can't go wrong with whichever version you choose. There's no cross buy, but there is cross save, which is still cool if you want both versions.

• bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    There's cross play now, too, with one of the patches, so you don't need to worry about what your online friends are theoretically going to play.

I prefer the Vita version but indeed, both are great.

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
    greeble wrote: »

It is not. I bought it for both and it was totally worth it. You can transfer your save game between them pretty easily due to a cloud save option. I played on the Vita when playing solo, and played the ps3 version with the wife.

Wait a sec, the PS3 version has local multiplayer coop?

If so, they are getting my money twice, no questions asked!

steam_sig.png
    Yeah local coop is indeed a winner into book too. I may go for that instead, but I have no one to coop with ever, or I would have finished BL2 and other stuff...sad face.

steam_sig.png
    Though some research seems to indicate you have to beat the whole game to 'unlock' multiplayer coop? That would be a little disappointing, as wouldn't it mean you were simply playing through all the content twice?

steam_sig.png
    Though some research seems to indicate you have to beat the whole game to 'unlock' multiplayer coop? That would be a little disappointing, as wouldn't it mean you were simply playing through all the content twice?

Nope.

You have to run through all the dungeons once. Then MP unlocks. However, a "B" path opens up in the dungeons that leads to new tougher bosses and advances the story. You can also choose to keep going and string dungeons together for more gold and phat lewts.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I'm not sure this is correct. In order to get to online multiplayer, you have to progress through the campaign (beat the "Gazer" monster... but not beat the game), but you should be able to do local co-op shortly after starting on PS3 (since it just uses your created characters on a single save).

"Beating the game" is killing the Ancient Dragon, and you get access to both online and local co-op LONG before this will happen.

The game lends itself through multiple playthroughs, however. There's a lot of loot-grabbing and fun grinding (grinding you will actually enjoy, because it's a fun game) in Dragon's Crown. The difficulties work like Diablo, and there's even a procedurally generated random dungeon in the game with special rules.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    Ah good, my fears are allayed.

steam_sig.png
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    I can tell you that the couch co-op on Dragon's Crown unlocked after like maybe 2 hours of play for me. Then I just created a new character and played it with my friends and wife. It's a blast.

How will you know it's unlocked? Like...can you miss it?

steam_sig.png
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    It is pretty unmissable. Basically, when you get to the Tavern and can form your own parties before the adventure... you get all sorts of menu options and such for the formation of parties, and that allows you to form couch co-op (before that point is basically single player tutorial stuff anyway). For online multiplayer, it's the first stage after you unlock the Stables (which is the network staging area). You don't get online multiplayer immediately after unlocking the Stables, but the first boss that you defeat after the Stables unlock (which is The Gazer) will give you access to online multiplayer.

8i1dt37buh2m.png

Online MP you can't miss. You'll know when you can play online. No sure about couch co op. I thought it was unlocked from the start, but I guess it isnt?

This discussion has been closed.