As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bravely series] Bravely Default II coming to Nintendo Switch

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Game Beaten
    The evil was a very campy evil, the only times it got good was when jabs were made at the party and the worlds started to go boom

I wish the wifi on my 3DS worked because while I appreciate Friendbot, man does this ending make me feel lonely. I get the feeling the bit about Tiz being a celestial will come up either in Bravely Second or the alternate ending I'm doing later. The only failing of the game was not having all the Job bosses appear in a scene to encourage you on. They even have their theme in the final boss theme it was a perfect opportunity!

Really appreciate seeing the AR movie at home instead of on the Metro, that would have been embarrassing.

Now for the melancholy of a media I enjoy ending

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Bravely Default music is coming to Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/t_ffcc/track/index.html

Specific page with tracks

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/t_ffcc/track/bdff/index.html

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Well shit, looks like I'm gonna have to buy Curtain Call.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Bravely Default music is coming to Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/t_ffcc/track/index.html

Specific page with tracks

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/t_ffcc/track/bdff/index.html

NOW DO CHRONO TRIGGER

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I would buy that pack just for That Person's Name Is

• Options
    You can buy that and all the hero themes with Serpent Eating The Ground, so that's obviously the best value

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    SilentRoughWaterSilentRoughWater Registered User regular
    Bravely Default was such a strange experience for me. I really enjoyed it, I think I clocked like 50 hours? I didn't get anywhere near the end before I just kind of got to the point where I was full, and didn't want anymore, and sold it off. I would still suggest it to others and will probably play the sequel, even though I missed out on most of the game and the plot.

sig.php?user=BrokenBrik

Wii U NNID: TJandSam Steam: BrokenBrik
  • Options
    Footage of the Bravely Default tracks in Curtain Call

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQYXtCz39kw

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Any word on possible BD characters in Curtain Call? I know I'd pay money for Agnés or Ringabel or Edea.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Any word on possible BD characters in Curtain Call? I know I'd pay money for Agnés or Ringabel or Edea.

Right now it's only music, but that would be nice.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    A: Where the hell is Tiz?

B: Looks like Agnés replaces Airy as the menu character.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I just reached chapter five and am a bit underlevelled. I don't have the last two jobs unlocked yet, but can anyone recommend some good grinding spots/strategies? I heard Florem is good but everything cast sleep on me and then insta murdered me...

Trying to avoid as much of the thread as possible, as I already had some suspicions and one of them got confirmed so I want to avoid all the spoilers.

What I suspected and got confirmed:
    Someone showed me the thing where the title screen changes the wording a bit...I knew that fairy seemed suspicious. Then again I also thought Dax was gonna be evil. But he may still be! There's a fucking raccoon creature walking around that no one ever points out! What the fuck!

So good though.

• Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I just reached chapter five and am a bit underlevelled. I don't have the last two jobs unlocked yet, but can anyone recommend some good grinding spots/strategies? I heard Florem is good but everything cast sleep on me and then insta murdered me...

Trying to avoid as much of the thread as possible, as I already had some suspicions and one of them got confirmed so I want to avoid all the spoilers.

What I suspected and got confirmed:
    Someone showed me the thing where the title screen changes the wording a bit...I knew that fairy seemed suspicious. Then again I also thought Dax was gonna be evil. But he may still be! There's a fucking raccoon creature walking around that no one ever points out! What the fuck!

So good though.

Florem really is a great spot to grind, but you absolutely need items that protect against sleep (at least, until you're strong and fast enough to insta-kill everything). You'll want to use Crescent Moon (Valkyrie ability), equip a spear (or Spear Lore, another Valkyrie ability), and throw in Two-Handed (Knight ability). It's very useful to have a healer heal the whole party on every turn at first. Once you're confident enough, turn on Auto-Battle and crank up the battle speed. In no time, you'll be over-levelled to the point where you can turn off all random encounters until you beat the game. The Asterisk holder battles, however, will still be quite challenging in later chapters, though.

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7043-7606
    Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Is there a spot that's better once you have the Kill spell plus the Group Cast support thing? Honestly I don't think I need to really do much level grinding (level 65 or so and midway through Chapter 5) but I kind of just want to blow through the rest of the game, and get my sweet job combos.

Actually, I got that little notice that said I should have been able to do 9999 damage and that I can get more than that in Bravely Second or whatever. I think the only time I ever hit that cap is when I used Annihilation on a boss that was at -3 BP. Should I be hitting that regularly? Perhaps I'm not as overleveled as I thought I was. My melee attacks with my best classes are usually doing ~1500 damage, 3k on a crit.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Is there a spot that's better once you have the Kill spell plus the Group Cast support thing? Honestly I don't think I need to really do much level grinding (level 65 or so and midway through Chapter 5) but I kind of just want to blow through the rest of the game, and get my sweet job combos.

Actually, I got that little notice that said I should have been able to do 9999 damage and that I can get more than that in Bravely Second or whatever. I think the only time I ever hit that cap is when I used Annihilation on a boss that was at -3 BP. Should I be hitting that regularly? Perhaps I'm not as overleveled as I thought I was. My melee attacks with my best classes are usually doing ~1500 damage, 3k on a crit.

Chapter six gives you a class with a skill that instakills all low level enemies at the start of a fight.

And I don't think it's a matter of levels as much as you not pulling off some sweet combos. Combos are king. I could break 100K easy by lategame.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Dark Knight. Drain enchantment from Spellfencer. Absorb boost from vampire.

RAGE

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

RAGE

Do not use this against undead.

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Chapter six gives you a class with a skill that instakills all low level enemies at the start of a fight.

And I don't think it's a matter of levels as much as you not pulling off some sweet combos. Combos are king. I could break 100K easy by lategame.

Combos? So... like that one Wyborn posted? I'm setting Tiz up for Swordmaster/Pirate to do the old fashioned "Free Lunch + Amped Strike" combo, but he doesn't have either of those yet. And I've got that Black Mage/Arcanist combo to do oodles of Exterminate damage, but even that's not going anywhere near 9999 damage. That's about the depth of my ability do deal lots of damage.

What other combos should I be aiming for? Presumably I will always need Agnes or someone else healing, and she's maxed out White Mage and Spiritmaster, running her through Summoner right now for the heck of it. And I don't have much idea at all what to do with Edea.

• Options

RAGE

Even better: Equip Drain Boost ability from Vampire. Remove Spellsword. Use Blood Sword as an item for Drain Blade, then re-equip whatever actual weapon you use.

In place of Spellsword, put Conjurer. Summon Susano-o for crits.

RAAAAAAGE.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Combos? So... like that one Wyborn posted? I'm setting Tiz up for Swordmaster/Pirate to do the old fashioned "Free Lunch + Amped Strike" combo, but he doesn't have either of those yet. And I've got that Black Mage/Arcanist combo to do oodles of Exterminate damage, but even that's not going anywhere near 9999 damage. That's about the depth of my ability do deal lots of damage.

What other combos should I be aiming for? Presumably I will always need Agnes or someone else healing, and she's maxed out White Mage and Spiritmaster, running her through Summoner right now for the heck of it. And I don't have much idea at all what to do with Edea.

You can chain weapon special attacks for massive, massive damage. Buff your guys, debuff the enemy, cap agility, and the run wild.

Edea was my main damage dealer. Ninja's a pretty good class, and their evade ability lets you get a major action economy edge when paired with the red mage ability that adds AP for every evade.

• Options
    Monk, all HP increasing items, all HP increasing skills, have a Salve Maker give them double HP and heal them

PHOENIX FLIGHT, MINUS STRIKE, etc, etc, etc,

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    What do you mean by weapon special attacks?

• Options
    But, my favorite combo is Performer with Mimic.

My Hero, then Mimic that.

Also, give him the Red Mage ability that gives 'em BP when they get a status ailment, and have a Salve-Maker continually put elemental weaknesses on him.

• Options

RAGE

Even better: Equip Drain Boost ability from Vampire. Remove Spellsword. Use Blood Sword as an item for Drain Blade, then re-equip whatever actual weapon you use.

In place of Spellsword, put Conjurer. Summon Susano-o for crits.

RAAAAAAGE.

I just use the Merchant for crit boosting

All right, you want the real kill-'em all combo, Terrendos?

Default with whatever skill or item it is that allows you to get one extra BP so you end up with +4 (actually, does the Performer do this with one of their songs? I forget). Boost damage by 50% with Performer. Hell, boost all your attacking stats, it can't hurt. It can only help.

Give two boosts to crit with the Merchant's ability.

For spice, put the darkness weakness on an enemy using one of the Rod limit breaks.

Make sure your Dark Knight has Drain on their sword, the Vampiric Boost ability (or whatever it's called), two-handed grip, and the strongest god damn sword you have. Also, if there's a skill that boosts the power of crits - and I think there is - put that on there, because you are about to be critting a lot.

Brave. Brave. Brave. RAGE. RAGE. RAGE.

You'll be hitting 9999 fifteen times. Do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars. Get that combo off and it doesn't matter what the enemy does, they're deader than a shithouse monkey. Pretty much only the last two bosses can survive that combo, period.

Breaking limits in this game is about building on more and more powerful layers of status boosters. If you want to win, buff. Buff like a lunatic.

Put dark absorbing gear on all your team and then use the Dark Knight's Nova ability (don't forget Drain) and you will also find yourself having some real fun against group boss battles

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    It's the Brave Vest or something. I ended the game with two 'o' dem.

• Options
    @Wyborn, I did most of that... everything except the darkness weakness and the crit skill because I couldn't find it. I was still only doing ~3-5k damage on normal enemies.

• Options
    Welp, looks like Free Lunch + Amped Strike + this big honkin' axe I bought from Norende is getting me to that damage cap, at least.

• Options
    It's the level 10 skill for the
    templar
    class. Makes crits 2.5 times as powerful.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
  • Options
    Chapter 6 spoilers:
    Is there any reason why I should keep fighting these same bosses over and over? It's starting to get boring, and I haven't been able to steal anything new from them.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Chapter 6 spoilers:
    Is there any reason why I should keep fighting these same bosses over and over? It's starting to get boring, and I haven't been able to steal anything new from them.
    Their strategy changes with each iteration, and they become stronger and use better tactics. Some of the scenes are great, as well.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Chapter 6 spoilers:
    Their strategy changes with each iteration, and they become stronger and use better tactics. Some of the scenes are great, as well.
    This time around, I strongly suggest fully poking around in Eternia City first. There's a couple of events that you can see that will change an event elsewhere. The quest for Conjuror was also opened up, so do that (if you skip it, you'll get the Asterisk in a later chapter but miss out the related plot). Once that's dealt with, you won't miss THAT much if you rush through the rest of the chapter.

Once you hit Chapter 7, that's when the boss fights start getting interesting again.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Chapter 6 spoilers:
    I recommend doing the conjurer quest, holly and barras, and V&V if you want to know more about them. otherwise you can skip anything else that doesn't interest you.

• Options
    Quite a few new Bravely Second details:

http://gematsu.com/2014/12/bravely-seconds-two-new-antagonists-detailed
    Coming off of last week’s V-Jump article on Bravely Second, Square Enix has put out a new press release elaborating on the backgrounds of the recently revealed Emperor Oblivion and Anne, as well as a handful of new gameplay systems. Check out our translation below.

evX83Vb.jpg

Emperor Oblivion

Emperor Oblivion is a masked man who appears without warning at the treating signing in Guatelatio’s cathedral between the Crystal Orthodoxy and the Duchy of Eternia, managing to brush off even the Three Muskateers and kidnap Agnes in the process. He has a large number of Asterisk Holders under his command, most notably the black winged fairy Anne, and sits aboard a mysterious floating castle as he uses his military might to drag the entire world into war. What his cold gaze sees under that mask, let alone what he’s actually planning, is anybody’s guess.

bCOd6HA.jpg

Anne

Anne is a black-clad fairy who loyally works under Emperor Oblivion in a secretarial-esque capacity. Though she predominantly goes about her work in a cold, distant manner, offering advice and providing battle updates and analyses, she does on occasion display a cruel side, bringing great fear to even those ostensibly on the same side as her.

New Location

RznAFQH.jpg

Glanz

Glanz is an imperial power that’s been brought up by Emperor Oblivion’s own hands. In tandem with Oblivion’s own individual antics, the empire itself brings considerable military power to bear by way of its Asterisk Holders when it and its emperor’s floating castle suddenly appear in the sky on the day of the treaty signing. So mighty are Glanz’s forces that they dispose of the Orthodoxy’s Knights and the Duchy of Eternia’s main forces in short order as they drag the world into chaos.

New System

Chain Chances

Chain Chances are a new system whereby if you manage to defeat the enemy in one turn, you can opt to keep fighting and if you win again, your rewards can be greater and you can even chain Chain Chances together to amplify your earnings that much more. However, should you make the jump, your BP remains as it was at the time of your last victory, meaning you can’t get reckless in the presence of strong foes. As such, there’s no shame in fleeing if it gets to be too much!

Yuu’s Memos

While Yuu no longer vies to be a scholar as he once used to, he still jots down information in his notebook on the monsters and items he comes across. It also comes with an event viewer for reviewing in-game happenings, as well as a help menu.

Monster Manual

As you routinely defeat the same monsters, you’ll find comments jotted down by not only Yuu himself, but also his friends tagging along with him, with over 320 monsters in all to take down in this game. You can therefore expect the cast of the game to have much to talk about just in terms of the beasts they’ll fight alone!

Reconstructing Magnolia’s Old Lunar Home

Like the original Bravely Default, Bravely Second once again features a town rebuilding mode that players can indulge in, only this time it features Magnolia’s former stomping grounds on the moon! As with before, constructing buildings isn’t your only task here; you also have to StreetPass other people in order to regain residents, with one StreetPass bringing in one new resident and the more people you have on board, the more quickly work gets done! It’s a good idea to work on reconstruction when you can find the time to do so, as not only will the structures you erect prove to be useful in your adventures, but you’ll also get items that are sure to be helpful in your journey, too! Plus, you can possibly even find ways to strengthen up weapons to take on strong enemies that you can encounter online!

The My Set System

In Bravely Second, you’re able to save party member configurations for jobs, commands, abilities, and equipment, saving a lot of time that can be better spent just focusing on proper adventuring! There are several save slots, too, so feel free to save multiple configurations that you can bring back up within seconds

92pjOxM.jpg

k1NIXVm.png

zbrTA5s.png

gbsPcTM.png

X1MVbGC.png

7i0NLhw.png

V8npNvv.png

klyv45C.png

Japan is also getting a demo next week.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Calling it now, fairy Anne turns out to be good

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    and Emperor Oblivion is actually Tiz. Note that Tiz isn't on the party after Magnolia's rescue. And that we never saw what he looks like in this time.

• Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    and Emperor Oblivion is actually Tiz. Note that Tiz isn't on the party after Magnolia's rescue. And that we never saw what he looks like in this time.
    Well damn, that's actually extremely likely. Anne is also probably Airy's sister and the being that was inside Tiz the whole time.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Two-handed is so good that I could just stick with Ise-no-Kami for half the game.

• Options
    Venture IndustryVenture Industry Registered User regular
    I am liking that "My Set System" will help when switching from magic attack teams to melee, support, etc. when the need arises.

3DS: 3866-8020-5336 NNID/PSN: VentureIndustry XBL: Hax0rz