As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pinny Pal Community Thread 2.0 - Please read the first post :)

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    You SOB!

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Its mine....my own.....my......PINCIOUS

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Welcome to the club *cough 3 weeks late cough* Ayef ;)

• Options
    Just in time for the initial 6 month sub to expire, time to go through this again!

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    now I really regret not asking Levin for a trade when I saw him in Starbucks before PAX East this year.

• Options
    odinson83odinson83 CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    How do people feel about meeting up each night to trade at PAX Prime?

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    odinson83 wrote: »
    How do people feel about meeting up each night to trade at PAX Prime?

The Mox Cafe thread I think we should look at making into a full fledged meetup thread though. I'd also like to get a list of people who are going to Prime and see what people are up for.

I think we can assume that we'll do a Friday AM meetup, maybe a breakfast and a hop in line to get our 10th Anniversary pins or something. Hopefully there's more official trade events too that we can meet up at, and then of course the Acquisitions Inc panel (I'm guessing we'll get a pin at it again at least).

• Options
    Yes, Also I am sure each day some people will have extras others need and vice versa. So at the end of each day we all meet up, or in the morning and make some trades to fill our Pals orders.

• Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Yes, Also I am sure each day some people will have extras others need and vice versa. So at the end of each day we all meet up, or in the morning and make some trades to fill our Pals orders.

I'm Commander Shepherd and I approve of this statement.

• Options

I'm Commander Shepherd and I approve of this statement.

yes but, is it the best statement on the citadel?

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    So Ill be officially bringing 3 Leeroy Jenkins pins with me to trade to Prime... Hopefully it doesn't get a reprint so I can feel like a badass.

• Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    So Ill be officially bringing 3 Leeroy Jenkins pins with me to trade to Prime... Hopefully it doesn't get a reprint so I can feel like a badass.
    I'll trade you Lookouts for one straight up.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    JuicesirJuicesir The Boy with the D&D Tattoo Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Hingo, as I know you are an aspiring addict, lemme give you the gubs in terms of knowledge on what you just proposed:

Leeroy Jenkins was one of the harder pins to get at PAX East this year, thus on the the scale of common to rare, it's more on the rare side. Below Aus and DLC, certainly, but above the PAX East core and most of the others. The lookouts, on the other hand, can easily be purchased online and more used for trading fodder and padding deals you want to sweeten.

What I'm saying is, the equivalence on your exchange is a little lacking, so if you don't want a laughing no-bodied child sitting in front of a great stone door to steal your arm and your brother's body, I'd up your offer if you want to trade with Craig. ^__^

Juicesir on
  • Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    The bag of holding con edition sold out already at think geek. I missed it because they messed up my order.... luckily they gave me a great deal on everything else.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    Juicesir wrote: »
    Hingo, as I know you are an aspiring addict, lemme give you the gubs in terms of knowledge on what you just proposed:

Leeroy Jenkins was one of the harder pins to get at PAX East this year, thus on the the scale of common to rare, it's more on the rare side. Below Aus and DLC, certainly, but above the PAX East core and most of the others. The lookouts, on the other hand, can easily be purchased online and more used for trading fodder and padding deals you want to sweeten.

What I'm saying is, the equivalence on your exchange is a little lacking, so if you don't want a laughing no-bodied child sitting in front of a great stone door to steal your arm and your brother's body, I'd up your offer if you want to trade with Craig. ^__^

I know, I'm just joking :-p

The Leeroy Jenkins pin was the only one I really wanted from East, but I can't bring myself to pay monies on Ebay for it, and I don't have that much available that's "worth" a Leeroy pin to trade. The sad part for me too is that I like the Lookouts pins and begrudgingly bought a 2nd set to use for trade fodder at Prime, but I did and will always feel bad about that.

Pins for trade!
  • Options
    00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    Hingo wrote: »

The Leeroy Jenkins pin was the only one I really wanted from East, but I can't bring myself to pay monies on Ebay for it, and I don't have that much available that's "worth" a Leeroy pin to trade. The sad part for me too is that I like the Lookouts pins and begrudgingly bought a 2nd set to use for trade fodder at Prime, but I did and will always feel bad about that.

Don't feel bad about that. There are new staff pins, which means you will get 6 of them easily. ;)

• Options
    00Fayt00 wrote: »
    Hingo wrote: »

Don't feel bad about that. There are new staff pins, which means you will get 6 of them easily. ;)

But I don't DESIRE 6 staff pins. I think my brain squirrel is broken or something.

Pins for trade!
  • Options
    Is the Levin pin going up in value now that he is AWOL?

And @odinson83 make sure you hunt down @theaggrocraig i needs mah leeroy :)

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular

Well they are changing to new Staff Pins, so the old one is likely almost all issued out. But if he has a new one it doesn't sound like he will be taking it to South or East.

• Options
    Sadface. Hopefully he gives any of his spare pins to people coming to Aus, or I will be forced to sink to ebay again *cry*

• Options
    PedroAsani wrote: »

Well they are changing to new Staff Pins, so the old one is likely almost all issued out. But if he has a new one it doesn't sound like he will be taking it to South or East.

For all we know the staff pins aren't even of the staff members, they could be anything that they just happen to be the only people who have them.

I'll personally get a few of Levin's face from him just for shits though... those Ben pins were near impossible to find at East, which is why I'm glad I grabbed mine first thing Friday morning :smiley:

• Options
    @theaggrocraig Let us meet up so i can trade for one of them Leeroys fer my Pal @fitzchivalry in the AUS land. :wink:

• Options
    There's a very good chance there's something I won't want to wait in line for at Prime, I just want to see what the hell is going to be there...

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Have they actually confirmed new staff pins are going to be at prime or is everyone just assuming that?

• Options
    90% sure it was confirmed in a staff podcast.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    Yeah I am pretty sure it was on the staff cast

Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
  • Options
    00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    It was confirmed in the podcast yes. It was more of a "well I guess since you let that slip we will go ahead and announce this now" sort of deal.

• Options
    And theyre by Tavis Maiden again, correct?

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    And theyre by Tavis Maiden again, correct?

That was what was said on the podcast, yes.

• Options

Once I get more cardboard backing. I will put a 3rd frame for LE and year 2014.
    I think I will almost need a 4th frame by the end of the year.
    Also you notice that the 1st frame is smaller then the first.

My Pin collection
  • Options
    Konig WolfKonig Wolf Registered User regular
    darkinfero wrote: »

If you don't get any more before Prime, I have a bunch you can have.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Konig Wolf wrote: »

If you don't get any more before Prime, I have a bunch you can have.

@Cowpuppy is mailing me some. I'm going to mail her a pin in return.

darkinfero on
    My Pin collection
  • Options
    FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    Fun fact: like 50% of the people in this hobby appear to be named Anthony. Lol

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Edit: but clearly not the best Anthony at simple forum posting...

Ayefkay on

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    IMPOSSIBLE! I am the one true Anthony! All these other posers are just here to take my street cred

Ayefkay on

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    ZeusheroZeushero PAX -E-ast Registered User regular
    This is amazing! I will totally copy your idea but so far I only have about 40 pins :/
    Is it alright if I do something similar to this? :smile:

• Options
    @darkinfero Is there a reason there is 2 of the 2 of the core sets in the Year 1 case?

• Options
    RhykerRhyker South CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Lots of Anthonys? If there is another Rhys on this forum I'll eat my pins.

• Options
    Aussie BenAussie Ben AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I guess some are 2012 and some are 2013?

• Options
    Never knew there was 2012 pins..blurgh more to collect /wrists

This discussion has been closed.