As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft; Omelette du Nerub

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »
    No idea why I haven't posted here before now, but, hey there SE Hearthstone thread! I didn't know we had more than one on PA. Any significant differences I should be aware of?

expect somewhat more silliness and salt

otherwise, go wild

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    i play on occasion with metadust, and im always practicing builds on him. right now im trying a high risk/reward priest deck with no taunt that kinda hinges on at least one lowbie taunt. it of course always gets fucking trounced by rogues

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »
    No idea why I haven't posted here before now, but, hey there SE Hearthstone thread! I didn't know we had more than one on PA. Any significant differences I should be aware of?

expect somewhat more silliness and salt

otherwise, go wild

You're threatening me with a good time. This is ill advised.

Also, for real tho, nerubian egg + ancient watcher + void terror. That's a 7/10 + 4/4 on turn 4 assuming you have the coin. Every time I've pulled it I've gotten a "well played". Never fails.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    ranked reset is hilarious

people can't handle one token minion per turn (spiders, imp master, etc)

and then they get roared like whoa

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I can't wait for that card the silences all your other cards when you play it

gonna poop on every frost mage

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    The winds of a changing meta are a blowin'.

I guess that's one advantage of a tiny card pool, easy to mix things up.

Although I don't know how much I like the fact that they're printing so many cards specifically designed to ruin certain types of decks. I would much prefer if they could find subtler ways to get their desired effects.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    Although I don't know how much I like the fact that they're printing so many cards specifically designed to ruin certain types of decks. I would much prefer if they could find subtler ways to get their desired effects.
    Yeah, from they way they talk about it they seem to want there to be a lot of rock paper scissors situations, which I'm really not a fan of.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Yeah, from they way they talk about it they seem to want there to be a lot of rock paper scissors situations, which I'm really not a fan of.

Rock-paper-scissors in card games give me flashbacks to an asshole I used to play Magic with who had a giant pile of decks built to shit on any particular deck anyone else had.

At least in Hearthstone when you run up against the scissors to your paper it's just bad luck, so that's better I guess?!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    such as?

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    Aaaargh, playing freeze mage and Priest got Loatheb twice with thoughsteal. Too bad he couldn't heal from Alex during those turns because he had achenai out B)

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    If Blizzard wanted to ruin a certain type of deck, then they would just nerf certain cards critical to that type of deck. They started work on Naxx months ago, before they'd have any clue as to what the meta would be like when the set finally released.

YL9WnCY.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Damn it Hearthstone, don't give me WOW mounts...stop it. Just stop

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Aaaargh, playing freeze mage and Priest got Loatheb twice with thoughsteal. Too bad he couldn't heal from Alex during those turns because he had achenai out B)

I once beat a handlock by Holy Fire-ing his face twice with an auchenai out. No fucks were given B)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    I'm not sure Alex even counts as a heal

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    control warrior mirror matchup is the most unfun thing

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I had a bad mage deck in arena and I counterspelled someone's coin

there was this brief pause right after, and you could almost hear the ".........huh." from wherever the fuck that guy was

I'm not sure Alex even counts as a heal

I'm pretty sure it'll buff a Lightwarden but I'm not sure about the soulpriest interaction

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    There needs to be a "I feel ya." button when your opponent hurts themselves with a soulpriest.

We've all been there.

YL9WnCY.png
    I just got the most bullshit win with my spellpower mage. All I have is a silenced ogre magi on the field vs. a full health ancient of war and keeper of the grove; I'm near full health and he has 20. I have the choice of fireball->trade the ogre to kill the ancient then frostbolt and ping the keeper to clear, and be left with only an ancient mage in hand, or just drop Malygos and see what happens. I choose the latter... he facelesses his ancient, drops a bear form DotC, and clears my ogre. I ancient mage Maly and fireball->frostbolt his face for 1 damage overkill. Fucking insane.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Removing Maly is hard for druid. The best thing we got is mark of wild + TBK.

He shouldn't have let it live though, he could have done DotC - charge and ran all 3 of his dudes into it, maybe faceless the ancient first.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    TheStig wrote: »
    Removing Maly is hard for druid. The best thing we got is mark of wild + TBK.

He shouldn't have let it live though, he could have done DotC - charge and ran all 3 of his dudes into it, maybe faceless the ancient first.

Actually, no--5 + 4 + 2 = 11. He'd had to shapeshift to kill maly, which means he couldn't faceless that turn. But still, obviously should have killed Maly.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Listen, little goat, I've been playing druid a looonggg time. If I say ancient/DotC/keeper is 12 damage you can believe it.

Listen, little goat, I've been playing druid a looonggg time. If I say ancient/DotC/keeper is 12 damage you can believe it.

Hey, I can believe Amaz making 1=2, but I won't believe anyone making 11=12 :P

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    this fucking void terror egg zoo shit is the worst thing to face

oh he spent 2 mana on a 0/2 that he taunted/power overwhelmed and traded up massively, then got a 4/4

the worst is power overwhelm/abusive on an egg then void terror the remains

PLUS DOOMGUARDS FUCK THAT CARD JESUS FUCKING CHRIST HOW IS A 5/7 CHARGE FOR 5 'BALANCED' EVER

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Leeroy Jenkins into Doomguard is always hilarious

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    hahahah I just had a hilarious comeback
    Was playing my buffing priest deck against some kind of self-bouncing rogue deck. He had me on the ropes at 7 life while he was at 28 after making very effective use of Loatheb to keep me from clearing his board with my holy novas, but he chose to knock me down to 7 life, stealth his minions and try to finish me on his next turn instead of sacrificing his Loatheb or Argent Commander to kill the Maexxna I had just played.

I had both my divine spirits in hand and then top decked inner fire.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    edited August 2014
    Played a weird tempo Warlock at rank 20. I get him down pretty low, he alextrazas himself out of nowhere. I'm at nine health. Topdeck mirror image, punch his face with my archmage. He plays a flame imp and arguses both. Topdeck another mirror image and flamestrike everything but the alex off; he taps into lethal range for +1 fireball. Fun fun fun.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Also fuck the good legendaries. There's a clear, large power advantage from having them in your deck and it either takes a million hours or a ton of real money to get enough dust to craft them. I have nothing and I'm having to face pimped out cash money decks constantly. It's bullshit.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I made a deck with sludge belchers and weblords and it's called "fuck your win conditions"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    for whatever godawful reason druids and rogues are virtually immune to weblords since their 'choose one' and 'combo' mechanics aren't battlecries EVEN THOUGH THEY FUNCTION THE EXACT FUCKING SAME

which means they run them a lot

weblords + loatheb make for some awkward turns

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    yes I am taking full advantage of the fact that none of the druid minions use the keyword battlecry

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also fuck the good legendaries. There's a clear, large power advantage from having them in your deck and it either takes a million hours or a ton of real money to get enough dust to craft them. I have nothing and I'm having to face pimped out cash money decks constantly. It's bullshit.

I've been going places with this deck: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/82515-stigs-snakes-and-spiders which hardly takes any dust to play.

PLUS DOOMGUARDS FUCK THAT CARD JESUS FUCKING CHRIST HOW IS A 5/7 CHARGE FOR 5 'BALANCED' EVER
    It wouldn't be so bad if you had to have cards to discard, but when they topdeck it twice in a row it is the dumbest fucking thing.

This deck doesn't usually play out in an aggro way. But when it does, oh boy, does it.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_822014185509.png

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I had a bad mage deck in arena and I counterspelled someone's coin

there was this brief pause right after, and you could almost hear the ".........huh." from wherever the fuck that guy was

I did this today playing the Naxx Mage Class Challenge.

Took me a second to figure out what had happened.

I've been going places with this deck: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/82515-stigs-snakes-and-spiders which hardly takes any dust to play.

I don't know if an Epic and four Rares counts as "hardly any dust", but it's on the cheap side for sure, and looks pretty mean.

I want a Snake Trap pretty bad.

Well it's a whole lot better than the 3+ legendary decks you see a lot of people running even at rank 20

edited August 2014
    I feel like Hunter is the easiest Class to make cheap decks with, and web spinners have really only made it easier to make cheap effective decks.

Unless you pop one and get a friggin' parrot. :(

sarukun on
  • ShenShen Registered User regular

Zoo, midrange shaman and hunter are all very cheap and effective. It is actually kinda tragic how much more effective my zoo deck is compared to my legendary filled attempts.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
This discussion has been closed.