As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft; Omelette du Nerub

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    The decklist can be found here: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/95270-alphagaias-circle-of-life

It basicly lets you cycle through your deck, with the mad scientists, carddraw and 2 for 1 creatures making sure your opponent trades badly. Kell Thuzad is the icing on the cake once a few creatures start to survive your opponents onslaught. Even without him, it's con(troll) all the way with the secrets, big taunts and the powerfull board clears.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/190986/the-d-d-se-hearthstone-tourney-registration-is-open-and-this-time-it-s-personal/p11

tourney registration is starting for our casual bash and this time i can stream yehhhhh

please look forward to making fun of my plays. my heart is in the right place. also stand by for bonus content...maybe

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    So the bad news is I'm apparently part of the problem:
    JABHunter21.jpg

The good news, well:
    YouareLegend.jpg

Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    dang dude

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    I'm curious as to why more hunters don't run knife juggler; it comboes well with hunter's mark, haunter creeper, unleash, somewhat with highmane. The deck is inspired by JAB, apparently one of the first players to recognize savannah highmane's power back when all hunters were all-in face several months ago.

Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    jab ran a super control deck back then with knife jugglers and tazdingos

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Shen wrote: »
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    I think the answer is in Palladin. I have no troubles beating Hunter with that class. I'm testing a deck with KT as we speak. It tremendous fun, wins alot and plays the cardvalue game almost perfectly. I'll post a decklist if anyone is interested?

I've been trialling a pally deck of my own, I'd be interested in seeing yours. Here's what I've come up with:

3dwcIBv.png?1

Spectral Knight is great against Hunter, put a taunt on it and it's really sticky without a yolo Deadly Shot. Sylvanas is my secondary taunt recipient, always annoying to deal with without silence. TBK is possibly not the best fit - it's quite a midrange deck so Kel'thuzad might be a better alternative, especially with Equality suicides. Weblord is a motherfucker if I don't have Truesilver though, haha.

I'd recommend Avenge, especially if you're running Sludge Belcher, if you've got another creature out it's pretty much guaranteed 3/2 for 1 mana, and a Sludge Belcher can benefit from it all by itself, giving you. 3/5 taunt that spawns a 4/4 taunt on death.

I tossed together a deathrattle pally deck today for a quest, had good times with a Sword of Justice. Sludge Belcher and Haunted Creeper deathrattles both trigger it, but the highlight was using it to activate a Nerubian Egg, and then playing Baron Rivendare next turn and getting two 5/5s.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    SkyEye wrote: »
    I'm curious as to why more hunters don't run knife juggler; it comboes well with hunter's mark, haunter creeper, unleash, somewhat with highmane. The deck is inspired by JAB, apparently one of the first players to recognize savannah highmane's power back when all hunters were all-in face several months ago.

There is a tendency, I think to eschew Knife Juggle when it would otherwise be an all-Beast deck. I honestly think that's it. There's no solid reason not to have it in a deck that drops tokens like yours can.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    god damn, got kicked out of a 12 minute battle.net queue, tried again and now I'm in a 30 minute one

I'm going to guess some new WoW patch or something?

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    god damn, got kicked out of a 12 minute battle.net queue, tried again and now I'm in a 30 minute one

I'm going to guess some new WoW patch or something?

nope, some dickbutts DDoSing blizzard's stuff for internet attention

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    My understanding of the Battle.nets is a little sketchy, but generally speaking logging into one game shouldn't have an impact on logging into other games.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    no reason to suspect it's not all lumped into the same system. anything that takes an authenticator.

• Options
    my current Rattledin deck, Feugen and Stalagg are there because I don't have Cairne or Sylvanas
    yYq5cps.png

I got the biggest giggle out of playing turn 1 undertaker, turn 2 redemption/leper gnome, and having the mage fireblast the leper gnome

2 damage deathrattle to them, and another +1/+1 to the undertaker

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Whooooooo

oooooooooooo

oooo

I just opened a rag

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    rag is: good

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    He was who I was saving dust for so that's real nice

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    This game desperately needs a neutral secret removal card, like the ooze is for weapons.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    By fire be purged

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    winning due to rag sailing over a board of minions and dealing exact lethal to your opponents face is a nice feel

• Options
    This game desperately needs a neutral secret removal card, like the ooze is for weapons.

A minion with 'battlecry: trigger enemy secrets' would be cool. Like not just remove all secrets but if there was an explosive trap it sets it off, or a paladin health buff thing it makes it buff a random minion.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    that would be kind of buggy id imagine

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular

I flip flop on this all the time. Paladin and Mage secrets are pretty well testable and very possible to play around as it is already (and both classes are among the weaker ones in constructed still). It's really just Hunter traps that can feel obnoxious, since so many of them trigger in similar ways. What might be better is a minion that made trap effects visible to the opponent without triggering them or something.

• Options
    wrong_buttonwrong_button Registered User regular
    x
    TheStig wrote: »

A minion with 'battlecry: trigger enemy secrets' would be cool. Like not just remove all secrets but if there was an explosive trap it sets it off, or a paladin health buff thing it makes it buff a random minion.

If only for nostalgia and because it sounds like it would entertain me, I nominate that as a Scarlet Interrogator card for the Scarlet Monastery expansion/adventure. You know, the one that only exists in my head.

• Options
    MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    x

If only for nostalgia and because it sounds like it would entertain me, I nominate that as a Scarlet Interrogator card for the Scarlet Monastery expansion/adventure. You know, the one that only exists in my head.

I've been drafting out a Scarlet Monastery adventure in my head, complete with new Scarlet Crusader tribal set. I may have to share one day.

• Options
    this was certainly a game

VYYOjsM.jpg

• Options
    x

They can release it right after they make a sweet Maraudon card pack.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    more pandas, more, more, even more

i just can't get enough of that sweet and sour flair!!

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    no reason to suspect it's not all lumped into the same system. anything that takes an authenticator.

Other than having actually worked on login servers, no, I suppose not.

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »

Yeah, but the queue was for logging into Battle.net, not for logging into a particular game

So, yes. It did have an impact on all of the games, as Battle.net needs to be connected to launch them.

I could still play on my iPad though, as it does log in to the game directly, unlike the PC version.

• Options
    a card that turns all minions, the enemy hero, and me, into panda versions of themselves..

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options

Yeah, but the queue was for logging into Battle.net, not for logging into a particular game

So, yes. It did have an impact on all of the games, as Battle.net needs to be connected to launch them.

I could still play on my iPad though, as it does log in to the game directly, unlike the PC version.

That is an important piece of information.

I have literally no idea how the iPad works. My suspicion would be that it too needs to log into battle.net first, considering where it has to look to determine who you are.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    ook2mxT.jpg

My latest mage secret deck with mad scientists and Ysera is a lot of fun.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Hearthstone_Screenshot_8252014214829_zps0556e376.png

gooooolllddddddd druid

• Options
    nerd

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    wrong_buttonwrong_button Registered User regular

That is an important piece of information.

I have literally no idea how the iPad works. My suspicion would be that it too needs to log into battle.net first, considering where it has to look to determine who you are.

This is interesting. You select your region on the iPad, so that takes care of that I guess. During the DDoS nonsense the other night I was able to connect at first with my iPad, using the authenticator (to a >57 minute queue) and then subsequent attempts for the next half hour or so put me right into the queue screen, but later it died at the authenticator screen when I had to re-auth. Maybe you could avoid it if you didn't have an authenticator hooked up, but I've had enough problems with people jacking with my account that I'm not going to unhook mine.

• Options
    Well I just beat heroic Rivendale because he frostbolted his own minion. I really am curious as to what programming oversight is allowing this specific bug to occur in the Rivendale fight.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    fSUGqHx.jpg

i have sylvanas on an empty board with 1 hp and duplicate

he plays sylvanas

i play kel thuzad and ping my sylvanas, stealing his sylvanas and getting mine back

then i play an azure drake and HE ATTACKS IT WITH DEATHS BITE

and im like oh jeez buddy don't.. look, just.. ok well thanks for the win

ps he also facelessed my KT so i just ran one of my sylvanas into it for double KT action lol

Beasteh on
  • Options
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular

I want to say that's broken, but that warrior had it coming as soon as he lost board control.

488W936.png
  • Options
    im 100% positive those vids are staged

look at the armor of the warrior and the mage was in fatigue

This discussion has been closed.