As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TRENCHES] Tuesday, March 4, 2014 - Calling For A Truce

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited March 2014 in The Penny Arcade Hub
Calling For A Truce

Calling For A Truce
http://trenchescomic.com/comic/post/calling-for-a-truce

Happy Little Trees

Anonymous

I’ve been working in the Software Test Industry for numerous years, and been witness to the some of the highest of highs and the lowest of lows in humanity because of such. That said it was during the first six weeks of my tenure at a very large and well known game studio that I witnessed what I like to call my “Thrice Trumped” stories of raising the bar.

The first happened during my very first week at the company. On my lunch break I had the misfortune of entering the bathroom to see what appeared to be a murder scene. Blood coated the floor, the walls and was splashed all along the stall walls. Rumor has it that someone just had a serious nose bleed and never cleaned up after themselves. Which would explain why they were missing the next day, and a new fresh faced worker was in his place.

The second and third happened during my last week there, and had the convenience of happening on the same day. The morning starts off with a hallway covered in vomit, someone had not made it the door, and much like the first incident they didn’t bother to try and clean up their mess. A meeting was called to discuss hygiene and appropriate handling of incidents of that nature. A crime most foul indeed, but nowhere near what greeted us all later that afternoon.

Happy Little Trees. That’s the only way to accurately explain the poo-artistry that coated the bathroom walls. Someone had spread fecal matter all over the bathroom walls and created a scene the likes of which Bob Ross would have been proud of. There was a valley with a stream with trees that overlooked it and pea nutty clouds in the sky. A true master’s work in the medium, I’m sure.

I put in my resignation later that afternoon and never looked back.

Geth on

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    One of the best Trenches.

• Options
    marsiliesmarsilies Registered User regular
    OK, so now I have no idea what's going on in the comic. Is Q just wandering the QA area, no longer concerned about the sheer number of employees?

It's interesting to note that now that PA has a comments section, Trenches is the only comic in the PA family that doesn't.

Regarding the tale, it seems to me that the 3rd incident was provoked by the reaction to the 2nd incident. Like, one employee got really uppity about being lectured to about personal responsibility and hygiene, and took it upon themselves to "stick it to the man." The first two were accidents that weren't cleaned up; the 3rd was deliberate.

• Options
    AntonNULAntonNUL Registered User regular
    There's still that bake sale going on.

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    Can you legally force (non-janitorial) employees to clean up bodily fluids (even their own)? Blood is considered a hazmat case; not sure about vomit.

Also, it seems like in the first two situations, the perpetrator could have had legitimately bigger problems to deal with at the time.

• Options
    Angry_SamoanAngry_Samoan Now with 20% more mange... Registered User regular
    marsilies wrote: »
    ...It's interesting to note that now that PA has a comments section, Trenches is the only comic in the PA family that doesn't...

"Trenches: the red-headed stepchild of the PA family"

<sigh>... Remember when this comic was good? oh well...

"The history of all sports is to cheat whenever possible."- Tony Kornheiser
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Calica wrote: »
    Can you legally force (non-janitorial) employees to clean up bodily fluids (even their own)? Blood is considered a hazmat case; not sure about vomit.

Also, it seems like in the first two situations, the perpetrator could have had legitimately bigger problems to deal with at the time.

In the first two they should have at least let someone who could clean it up know.

steam_sig.png