As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo 3DS] THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    Taya wrote: »
    I've decided to upgrade to a XL but I know as soon as I buy one, it's going to go on sale somewhere or there'll be a special bundle or a new Phoenix Wright edition will be announced.

Just get a case.

I don't think that looks good at all!
    I agree, I love the AA series with all of my heart and soul but that just looks like colours to me. It took me a while to figure out what the stripes meant (and I doubt anyone who saw me with a DS that looked like that would think "Oh, it's obviously Phoenix's suit"). I'd much rather have one like this:
    c1wySwT.jpg
    (I have no idea who those people are, but one of them posted that picture to reddit about a year ago so I seriously doubt they mind having their image revealed on the internet.)

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    Since it is just the housing of the unit, super glue?

I had the corner of my DS Lite held on by Super Glue for quite awhile until I had lunch with a very kind Nintendo rep at Pax East (purely by happenstance, I had an extra seat at my table). He saw it, knew it was out of warranty but still had me mail it to him personally and he fixed it for free, managed to keep my outside shell from the top which was signed by Gabe/Tycho/Wil Wheaton, and to top it off sent my son some Nintendo swag and Pokemon cards.

Nintendo is such a great company.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Well I might finish Dream Team, if my patience holds out and I don't lose it and smash my 3DS. The final fight is without a doubt the most annoying and tedious experience I think I've had in the game yet. I really liked the final Giant Luigi fight, that was fun. The next boss in the Dream World wasn't too bad and fun also.

But this last Bowser fight can go fuck itself. Especially when all he does is constantly heal himself over and over. I've been fighting him for...holy shit, almost 2 hours. Eventually I'm going to run out of taunt balls to bring him back into the foreground and keep him from constantly healing and then I'll just have to quit, or I'll run out of mushrooms to heal with and then I'll die.

I wish I'd bought this game on a physical cartridge so after I was done with it I could take it out of my 3DS and smash it with a hammer.

Viskod on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Well I might finish Dream Team, if my patience holds out and I don't lose it and smash my 3DS. The final fight is without a doubt the most annoying and tedious experience I think I've had in the game yet. I really liked the final Giant Luigi fight, that was fun. The next boss in the Dream World wasn't too bad and fun also.

But this last Bowser fight can go fuck itself. Especially when all he does is constantly heal himself over and over. I've been fighting him for...holy shit, almost 2 hours. Eventually I'm going to run out of taunt balls to bring him back into the foreground and keep him from constantly healing and then I'll just have to quit, or I'll run out of mushrooms to heal with and then I'll die.

I wish I'd bought this game on a physical cartridge so after I was done with it I could take it out of my 3DS and smash it with a hammer.

Bowser's Inside Story is the best game of the series, and has none of the more frustrating parts that were put into Dream Team.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Bowser's Inside Story is the best game of the series, and has none of the more frustrating parts that were put into Dream Team.

It's still incredibly wordy, and the core story is still comprised of a series of fetch quests. The gameplay and overall experience is the same as it has been since the original Superstar Saga.

So if you love that, uh, go for it. I tried it twice (Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story), and as much as I love the aesthetic, I can't stand the constant useless dialogue and long-winded, yet still uninteresting story.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited April 2014

Oh man I forgot to tell you . Use the freeze time badge combo. You should only need two if youre 40+ but I grabbed the extra badge slots just in case. Boss is cake . 2 zekeeper and twostar bros each freeze should do it

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

It's still incredibly wordy, and the core story is still comprised of a series of fetch quests. The gameplay and overall experience is the same as it has been since the original Superstar Saga.

So if you love that, uh, go for it. I tried it twice (Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story), and as much as I love the aesthetic, I can't stand the constant useless dialogue and long-winded, yet still uninteresting story.

Excess dialogue I can manage. I am just not overly fond of having to sit through 15 minutes of bullshit for one opportunity try to destroy both of his arms in one turn and then pray he doesn't heal them before I get another turn to try to attack his head. I hit him pretty good with one of Luigi's attacks that did 750 damage to his head, and thought that was great until he healed that completely in 150 point increments before I got a chance to attack his head again.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    When Mario Golf: World Tour launches for the Nintendo 3DS system on May 2, it will feature robust regional and worldwide online tournaments hosted by Nintendo, as well as custom tournaments that can be created by players. All players who own the game and have a wireless broadband Internet connection can enter the Nintendo-hosted tournaments by simply checking their SpotPass notifications for upcoming and available tournaments, playing in the event and uploading their scores before the event deadline. Players can even monitor their progress by checking the leaderboards to see where they stand. Tournaments can be accessed in Mario Golf mode or using one of the entry machines in the new Castle Club. There will be a variety of different tournaments, ranging from larger competitions to smaller-scale events like longest-drive challenges, coin-gathering challenges or even speed golf.

Nintendo is also collaborating with Callaway Golf (a global golf gear manufacturer) to host its own series of special in-game tournaments that will begin on May 22. The tournaments will be activated using the SpotPass feature, and all players who participate will receive in-game digital Callaway Golf items such as golf clubs and golf balls, which will enhance the players’ stats when used by their Mii characters. Winners of all in-game tournaments – including the Callaway tournaments – are determined by the highest submitted score, and winners will receive in-game coins that can be used to acquire more gear in Toad’s Shop in Castle Club. Starting at launch, a schedule for select tournaments will be available at http://mariogolf.nintendo.com/tournaments.

In addition to tournaments, the Mario Golf: World Tour game rounds out its suite of online multiplayer features by letting players create public or private communities. Want to play a multiplayer match with only Birdo as a playable character? Want to limit the number of Ice Flower item shots players can use? Want to slow down the wind on golf courses like DK Jungle, Bowser’s Castle and Sky Island? By creating communities and private tournaments, players can customize every aspect of the multiplayer experience to form a vast amount of fun new challenges.

Players eager to tee off in Mario Golf: World Tour will get a chance to try the game before launch when a downloadable demo is released in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS on April 24.

Mario Golf: World Tour will launch in stores and in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS on May 2 at a suggested retail price of $29.99. For more information about the game, visit http://mariogolf.nintendo.com.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    PA-ugusta will be like the real Augusta except everyone will be welcome!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      Looks like that Yugioh game is coming west, at least for Austalia

class.png

Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options
      Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
      skeldare wrote: »
      Looks like that Yugioh game is coming west, at least for Austalia

class.png

Yessssss

I'm gonna spend so much fucking time with that.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    • Options
      ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
      So much stuff to relearn.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
    • Options
      Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
      Sweet! The Memories event in Rune Factory IV triggered naturally quite quickly for me. Almost done, for realz this time.

Now to decide on what to play next... Fire Emblem, Resident Evil Revelations, Monster Hunter 3, Crimson Shroud or Attack of the Friday Monsters. Suggestions?

steam_sig.png
    • Options
      Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
      Crimson Shroud and Attack of the Friday Monsters are quick fun little games. I would say Crimson Shroud 1st and I love the story. I think they are both less the 4 hours.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    • Options
      Of those: Fire Emblem if you have time to put into it. Otherwise I'd recommend Resident Evil, especially if you have a circle pad pro.

Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options
      Of those: Fire Emblem if you have time to put into it. Otherwise I'd recommend Resident Evil, especially if you have a circle pad pro.

I'm leaning towards Fire Emblem as I started playing it but RFIV stole my attention away... but those short games might be good to just get out of the way.

I really need to get a Circle Pad Pro :( I traded in Kid Icarus because it was entirely too awkward without it. Friggin' Nintendo and their bloody peripherals.

steam_sig.png
    • Options

I'm leaning towards Fire Emblem as I started playing it but RFIV stole my attention away... but those short games might be good to just get out of the way.

I really need to get a Circle Pad Pro :( I traded in Kid Icarus because it was entirely too awkward without it. Friggin' Nintendo and their bloody peripherals.

Are you left-handed?

• Options

Are you left-handed?

I am indeed left-handed.

steam_sig.png
    • Options
      90OsXVH.jpg

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    • Options
      HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular

Is the CCP really needed for Revelations? I have the game but no CCP, haven't tried either out yet.

• Options
      HeraldS wrote: »

Is the CCP really needed for Revelations? I have the game but no CCP, haven't tried either out yet.

It isn't required, but it controls extremely well with it. I barely tried playing it without the CPP, highly recommend it.

• Options
      Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular

That final fight is why I didn't even bother with the arena challenges. So stupid. And it's just so sad because everything right up until there was fine.

Not to mention that it's just lame to have Bowser as the final boss...AGAIN.

steam_sig.png
      Steam ID: 76561198021298113
      Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options

Are you left-handed?

I am indeed left-handed.

Ah, then yeah, I can see how Kid Icarus would be frustrating.

• Options

Are you left-handed?

I am indeed left-handed.

It was seriously disappointing. I loved the NES Kid Icarus and was really looking forward to playing this one.

I've since made due with the 3D Classics version :)

steam_sig.png
    • Options

Are you left-handed?

I am indeed left-handed.

It was seriously disappointing. I loved the NES Kid Icarus and was really looking forward to playing this one.

I've since made due with the 3D Classics version :)

Get the Circle Pad if you can.

It's one of the best games on the 3DS.

• Options
      anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
      I totally caved and bought that crimson target 2DS despite already owning a 3DS and Pokemon X. I think I have a problem.

But the 2DS feels so right in my hands. It's like I'm reunited with my Gameboy.

Steam: offday
    • Options
      Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options
      bobmyknobbobmyknob 3DS Friend Code 4553-9974-2186 Registered User regular
      Any Europeans here that can tell me more about the Mario Golf demo? It isn't released in the U.S. until the 24th.

steam_sig.png
    • Options
      Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options
      Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    • Options
      chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Buttercup is marry Humperdink in little less then half an hour so all we have to do is get in, break up the wedding, steal the princess, make our escape, after I kill count Rugen.

(Also Fire Emblem and Zelda got the top spots, surprising no-one.)

• Options
      Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
      I scrubbed through the video a couple times, spotted EOIV and Luigi's Mansion, but I didn't have any sound.

• Options
      bobmyknob wrote: »
      Any Europeans here that can tell me more about the Mario Golf demo? It isn't released in the U.S. until the 24th.

There's a (very brief) tutorial which only explains the very basics, three courses with three holes each and two minigame thingies. It should be plenty to give you an idea of how the game works.

Personally, it didn't impress me that much. I guess golf games just aren't for me.

• Options
      DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
      If you liked Toadstool Tour, you'll like this one.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Options
      Why am I tempted to buy a 2DS at Target? I have an XL and no need for a 2nd system...

• Options
        MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
        TimFiji wrote: »
        Why am I tempted to buy a 2DS at Target? I have an XL and no need for a 2nd system...

20130207121427!Emperor_RotJ.png

Good....good....give in to your temptation and your journey to the Nintendo side will be complete! Oh, and get a pink one for me. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
        Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
        Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
        Steam ID
        Twitch Page
      • Options
        Buy it and send it to me, I need an US one anyway to play imported games :P

• Options
        bobmyknobbobmyknob 3DS Friend Code 4553-9974-2186 Registered User regular
        If you liked Toadstool Tour, you'll like this one.

My hope is more along the lines of Advance Tour, but I may be getting my hopes up. I saw that the demo only has 10 plays, I guess my 3DS is staying in sleep from April 24 - May 2. I can't wait for the tournaments.

steam_sig.png
      • Options
        MNC Dover wrote: »
        TimFiji wrote: »

Good....good....give in to your temptation and your journey to the Nintendo side will be complete! Oh, and get a pink one for me. :)

I've already purchased a 2DS for my Dad. Haha, I'm about as far on the Nintendo side as you get. Sometimes I play virtual boy because I want to. Woo Red Alarm!