Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Agents of Shield] Thread is under quarantine for potential Captain America 2 spoilers!

11112131517

Posts

  • Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Well, who wouldn't use X-ray goggles to peek at Ward?

    People who have a chance to use them on Coulson instead?

    Communicating from the last of the Babylon Stations.
    Giggles_Funsworth
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I'd be fine if the show does an abbreviated Willow/Xander thing with Fitz/Simmons, where they get together, Stuff Happens, and then they go back to being bestest friends. (I mean, if they have to ship Fitz/Simmons at all, which I'd prefer they didn't.)

    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

    I make tweet.
    Gnome-InterruptusJayricho
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I'd be fine if the show does an abbreviated Willow/Xander thing with Fitz/Simmons, where they get together, Stuff Happens, and then they go back to being bestest friends. (I mean, if they have to ship Fitz/Simmons at all, which I'd prefer they didn't.)

    Then Simmons turns into a witch Asgardian.

    DelmainGiggles_Funsworth
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I figure Skye is going to be our Willow.

    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

    I make tweet.
    Giggles_Funsworth
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I figure Skye is going to be our Willow.

    She's reminds me of Buffy.

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Harridan of Social Justice Registered User regular
    I dislike Skye not because she's a pretty hacker but because how easy she goes from being a person who wants to get to the truth to a yes man so quickly. I wanted Skye to be that person that they trust on at arms length but its like three episodes in and she's family and now an Agent. Plus, what happen to Rising Tide? As soon as she was part of Coulson's team its like S.H.I.E.L.D. just quit caring about them. Was Skye and her ex the only members?

    175_zps51b9aee7.jpg~original
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    After seeing Cap2... I cannot wait for Tuesday.

    Also (minor Cap2/AoS spoilers)...
    Spoiler:

    Delmain
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Death Groupie Registered User regular
    Skye was never truly in it for the hacktivism it seems; she was in in it because
    Spoiler:

    It's a shame, because she was a super easy way to point out anything hinky that SHIELD and Coulson's team got up to. Instead she just kinda became another team member with slightly more unorthodox methods.

    steam_sig.png
    Harry Dresden
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Harridan of Social Justice Registered User regular
    Yeah, but I wanted Skye to be like Jayne Cobb to Captain Mal, we need her but we can't trust her.

    175_zps51b9aee7.jpg~original
    Giggles_Funsworth
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 4
    I dislike Skye not because she's a pretty hacker but because how easy she goes from being a person who wants to get to the truth to a yes man so quickly. I wanted Skye to be that person that they trust on at arms length but its like three episodes in and she's family and now an Agent. Plus, what happen to Rising Tide? As soon as she was part of Coulson's team its like S.H.I.E.L.D. just quit caring about them. Was Skye and her ex the only members?

    Well, she still wants to get to the truth. She just determined that Coulson was the best means of getting there, and her trust was validated by Coulson actually going out of his way (and succeeding!) to help her out. Figure in that she largely wants a sense of family, and acquired that via the S.C.O.O.B.I.E.S., and her character arc makes a lot of sense. Also, it's clear she doesn't trust SHIELD, she trusts her teammates.

    If you're talking less about her shift in character and more about the loss of a character who was suspicious of SHIELD, I think that shifted over to Coulson pretty effectively.

    Also, I just want to reiterate how refreshing it is that this show doesn't dwell on plot points forever.
    Spoiler:

    ElJeffe on
    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

    I make tweet.
    Gnome-InterruptusEntaruShadowfirechiasaur11
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Cap 2 spoilers:
    Spoiler:

    Delmain
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    After seeing Cap2... I cannot wait for Tuesday.

    Also (minor Cap2/AoS spoilers)...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Registered User regular
    Welcome to Shield Skye, hope you survive the experience.

    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Cap 2 spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    Cap2/AoS spoilers + comicy stuff + speculation
    Spoiler:

  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Cap 2 spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    Cap2/AoS spoilers + comicy stuff + speculation
    Spoiler:

    They won't demonize her based on her orientation, so why would it be an issue?

    Not to mention that she played the role of an antagonist for a large part of the comic run also.

    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I dislike Skye not because she's a pretty hacker but because how easy she goes from being a person who wants to get to the truth to a yes man so quickly. I wanted Skye to be that person that they trust on at arms length but its like three episodes in and she's family and now an Agent. Plus, what happen to Rising Tide? As soon as she was part of Coulson's team its like S.H.I.E.L.D. just quit caring about them. Was Skye and her ex the only members?

    Well, she still wants to get to the truth. She just determined that Coulson was the best means of getting there, and her trust was validated by Coulson actually going out of his way (and succeeding!) to help her out. Figure in that she largely wants a sense of family, and acquired that via the S.C.O.O.B.I.E.S., and her character arc makes a lot of sense. Also, it's clear she doesn't trust SHIELD, she trusts her teammates.

    If you're talking less about her shift in character and more about the loss of a character who was suspicious of SHIELD, I think that shifted over to Coulson pretty effectively.

    Also, I just want to reiterate how refreshing it is that this show doesn't dwell on plot points forever.
    Spoiler:

    I love love love shows which don't drag out plot points. I am definitely enjoying the pace.

    Gnome-InterruptusBrainiac 8NobodyEntaruDracomicronchiasaur11Giggles_FunsworthKamar
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Cap 2 spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    Cap2/AoS spoilers + comicy stuff + speculation
    Spoiler:

    They won't demonize her based on her orientation, so why would it be an issue?

    Not to mention that she played the role of an antagonist for a large part of the comic run also.
    Spoiler:

    The following sentence is true. The previous sentence was false.
  • MvrckMvrck Registered User regular
    edited April 4
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Cap 2 spoilers:
    Spoiler:

    More Cap 2 Spoilers:
    Spoiler:

    Mvrck on
    mvrck.png
    JoolanderShadowenKetarGiggles_FunsworthGONG-00
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Cap 2 spoilers:
    Spoiler:

    More Cap 2 Spoilers:
    Spoiler:

    Oh.
    Spoiler:

  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Cap 2 spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    Cap2/AoS spoilers + comicy stuff + speculation
    Spoiler:

    They won't demonize her based on her orientation, so why would it be an issue?

    Not to mention that she played the role of an antagonist for a large part of the comic run also.
    Spoiler:

    Like Maybe God in Futurama? "If I've done my job well enough, they will survive on their own merit and will never know I didn't want them to die?"

    Gary Gygax wrote:
    ''The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules.''
    Tox
  • Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    Speculation regarding the ending of last episode for which you don't need to have seen Cap2:
    Spoiler:

    Cap2 Adendum for future episodes:
    Spoiler:

    Communicating from the last of the Babylon Stations.
    Giggles_FunsworthSpoit
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    Speculation regarding the ending of last episode for which you don't need to have seen Cap2:
    Spoiler:

    I don't think it was definitive who she was talking to.
    Spoiler:

    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

    I make tweet.
    DracomicronSpoit
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic I've Done Worse Registered User regular
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    Cap2 Adendum for future episodes:
    Spoiler:

    Still sorta Cap 2:
    Spoiler:

    Trogg wrote: »
    Not as positive as AIDS and cancer, but positive nonetheless.

    PSN: QuipFilter
    Inquisitor77
  • LanzLanz Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Re: Ward
    Spoiler:

    Also, I hope they don't ship Ward and Skye, because that's way obvious and I much prefer them just having a mentor/friend relationship. I don't think they've done anything yet that couldn't be interpreted as something entirely platonic, though maybe I forgot some moony-eyed gaze somewhere. I think a Fitz/Simmons romance is much more likely.

    If we're going to have to ship these folks, I'm on Team Skye-Fitz. I also dig May-Ward.

    I saw the official twitter say something along the lines of "Skymmons" when talking shipping at one point among the cast's shipping talk :P

    SEGATA SANSHIRO! LIVE AGAIN!
    Lanz.gif
    Harry DresdenDracomicronDelmain
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

    I would proudly set sail aboard the good ship Skymmons.

    TaminLanzjdarksunsurrealitycheckHarry DresdenSorceToxSniperGuyArdolDracomicronGiggles_FunsworthTofystedethKamarGONG-00Wraith260
  • Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    Cap2 Adendum for future episodes:
    Spoiler:

    Still sorta Cap 2:
    Spoiler:

    Cap2 Response:
    Spoiler:

    Communicating from the last of the Babylon Stations.
  • LanzLanz Registered User regular
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    Cap2 Adendum for future episodes:
    Spoiler:

    Still sorta Cap 2:
    Spoiler:

    I'm going to guess

    [No actual Cap 2 stuff in there, just stuff from within the Show]
    Spoiler:

    SEGATA SANSHIRO! LIVE AGAIN!
    Lanz.gif
    Dracomicron
  • LanzLanz Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    I would proudly set sail aboard the good ship Skymmons.


    SEGATA SANSHIRO! LIVE AGAIN!
    Lanz.gif
    jdarksunNocrenTaminSorceToxSniperGuyGiggles_FunsworthKamarWraith260
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    Cap2 Adendum for future episodes:
    Spoiler:

    Still sorta Cap 2:
    Spoiler:

    I'm going to guess

    [No actual Cap 2 stuff in there, just stuff from within the Show]
    Spoiler:

    From the SE++ Hero thread:

    AOS preview clips!
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Anyone wanna see a couple of preview clips for the next episode of AoS?
    Spoiler:

    newSig.jpg
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    Cap2 Adendum for future episodes:
    Spoiler:

    Still sorta Cap 2:
    Spoiler:

    Cap2 Response:
    Spoiler:

    Cap 2 spoiler
    Spoiler:

  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Cap 2 spoiler:
    Spoiler:

  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Lanz wrote: »
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    Cap2 Adendum for future episodes:
    Spoiler:

    Still sorta Cap 2:
    Spoiler:

    I'm going to guess

    [No actual Cap 2 stuff in there, just stuff from within the Show]
    Spoiler:

    From the SE++ Hero thread:

    AOS preview clips!
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Anyone wanna see a couple of preview clips for the next episode of AoS?
    Spoiler:

    Oh shit those clips. Goddamnit I can't wait for Tuesday.

    SPOILERS REGARDING THOSE CLIPS AND CAPTAIN AMERICA 2:
    Spoiler:

    3DS: 2509-1593-4994
    Steam Profile
    PSN ID: Dohaeris210
    Treadmill Desk Twitch Stream : status.php?streamuser=SniperGuy210
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    @SniperGuy‌

    Cap 2 / AoS (End of the Beginning) Spoilers
    Spoiler:

  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Nocren wrote: »
    Lanz wrote: »
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    Cap2 Adendum for future episodes:
    Spoiler:

    Still sorta Cap 2:
    Spoiler:

    I'm going to guess

    [No actual Cap 2 stuff in there, just stuff from within the Show]
    Spoiler:

    From the SE++ Hero thread:

    AOS preview clips!
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Anyone wanna see a couple of preview clips for the next episode of AoS?
    Spoiler:

    Oh shit those clips. Goddamnit I can't wait for Tuesday.

    SPOILERS REGARDING THOSE CLIPS AND CAPTAIN AMERICA 2:
    Spoiler:

    Cap2 spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    newSig.jpg
    Harry DresdenjdarksunBrainiac 8ShadowenShadowhopeMrAnthropy
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Cap 2 spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    optimusighsig.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    Undead ScottsmanGiggles_FunsworthmxmarksOatsTox
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Cap 2 spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    It's a comic book.
    Spoiler:

    Gary Gygax wrote:
    ''The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules.''
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic I've Done Worse Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Cap 2 spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    It's a comic book.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    Trogg wrote: »
    Not as positive as AIDS and cancer, but positive nonetheless.

    PSN: QuipFilter
    Giggles_Funsworth
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited April 5
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Cap 2 spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    It's a comic book.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    Dracomicron on
    Gary Gygax wrote:
    ''The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules.''
  • TaramoorTaramoor Registered User regular
    Just got back from Cap2.

    So... that all happened. My brother who doesn't care for Agents of SHIELD is going to tune in Tuesday becasue he can't believe that the show could possibly continue to exist after the world-shattering events of Winter Soldier.

    Giggles_Funsworthjdarksun
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    What I kinda hope happens: (Cap2/AoS stuff)
    Spoiler:

    Gary Gygax wrote:
    ''The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules.''
    NocrenGiggles_FunsworthAndy Joe
This discussion has been closed.