As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Camp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — DIY

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2014 in Camp Weedonwantcha

imageCamp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — DIY

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    DN83DN83 Registered User new member
    Well, if the camp burns down, at least he won't be there still.

• Options
    orjansorjans Registered User new member
    Damn that cat was silly hard to spot. Had to zoom quite a lot, and even then...
    I'd say we've reached the top and can at least not get worse, but I'm afraid Katie would just take it as a challenge.

• Options
    Beardsly_BeardingtonBeardsly_Beardington Registered User regular
    Got it! Cat is in the first panel!

• Options
    mushymushy Unprofessional Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Missed it.. Try panel

mushy on
  • Options
    CheesyCheesy Registered User regular
    Mushy, B. wasn't spoiling it :/

OT: will this fire be a major plot twist? Will they now have to wander around in some kind of "Lost" style?

• Options
    TzivyaTzivya Registered User regular
    Run, little pyro, run!

OT: I wish comments were oldest-first. I never understood the desire to have them newest-first, reading replies before the posts they are replying to. Drives me bonkers!

• Options
    Finnish_LineFinnish_Line Registered User regular
    "Only WHO can prevent forest fires?"

*Beep*

"You said 'You', referring to me. That is incorrect. The correct answer is 'You!'"

• Options
    BaronbrianBaronbrian Registered User regular
    What a beautiful flaming cake!

• Options
    mushymushy Unprofessional Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I edited my post so it didn't spoil the cat finding.

Also problem: when I clicked Edit it has 2 buttons that say 'POST' the first one cancels, the second one edits. I tried it on Opera, and IE.

• Options
    Triggerhappy938Triggerhappy938 Registered User regular
    Cat finding?

• Options
    orjansorjans Registered User new member
    Triggerhappy938, it's a little game we play. Ever since the comic with feral cats being dropped from the sky, every single comic has had a hidden cat somewhere. So we read the comics, have a little laugh, then go cat finding. Triples the enjoyment of the comic as far as I'm concerned.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    How can Malachi wish that he wasn't at the camp where he has met the two best friends a person can have in Brian and Seventeen.
    Tzivya wrote: »
    Run, little pyro, run!

OT: I wish comments were oldest-first. I never understood the desire to have them newest-first, reading replies before the posts they are replying to. Drives me bonkers!

If you go to the forums you can easily read all of the comments on order (and actually open the spoiler tags).

• Options
    KreylKreyl Registered User regular
    No no, it's okay Malachi. The gods have accepted your sacrifice.

• Options
    SquarksSquarks Registered User regular
    Perhaps this is why he got dumped at camp in the first place. He accidentally torched his house/school or something.

• Options
    SpoonMeiserSpoonMeiser Registered User new member
    I love this comic, but it continually breaks my heart

• Options
    JortalusJortalus Registered User regular
    Two fires, now.

• Options
    ATF_GriffATF_Griff Registered User regular
    Haha. The best one yet.

• Options
    Sovoq113Sovoq113 Registered User regular
    Poor guy xD

• Options
    Shark.FighterShark.Fighter Registered User regular
    @tzivya, i just push the End key, and read from the bottom up, since they're newest first. :/

@lostninja i'm not sure many people would give up their family for new friends. actually, its more like having new awesome friends would not nullify the longing for home. every boy still has a love for his mother, even if she was horrible and/or negligent.

• Options
    Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Oh man :P read the first few panels, got a bit sad... Then everything set on fire and I started laughing. great comic as always.

and for a comic that is mostly VERY dark, this kitty was fairly easy to find. thought I'd be here for hours :D

• Options
    hotzphotzp Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    As a fairly new parent, this comic's entire premise makes me extremely sad, but it's just so well done that I keep reading, regardless. Bravo.

My favorite strips tend to be the ones with no dialogue or minimal speech. Katie has such an amazing skill to tell a rich and vibrant story through the art alone.

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    When I first read the comic, I didn't realize Malachi was on fire too.

• Options
    trickcyclisttrickcyclist Registered User regular
    This one is a bit of an in-joke for ex boy scouts (like me). The way you turn little bits of kindling into a fire is to blow on them, just the opposite of how birthday candles work. It's pretty tricky. Malachi just happens to be REALLY GOOD at making fire :D Also, I love being one of the 'inside the in joke' people, doesn't happen often. Thank you Katie :)

• Options
    marsiliesmarsilies Registered User regular
    So the matchbook Malachi uses says "Little Cub Cottages". I'm guessing that's the previous name of the campsite that Camp Wedonwantcha is on. He probably found it in one of the cabins.

• Options
    ReiskaReiska Registered User regular
    Thus Mal'akhi brought the message of fire. Behold it's power to warm, protect and destroy.

He is covering for Prometheus who is busy feeding the eagle.