As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Diablo 3 - Patch 2.1 right now! Great Rifts! Gems! Seasons now!

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    So how does leeching torment XP work if say I wanted to skip leveling a barb/wd? Do I just sit in town, or try to follow from a safe distance?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    If you have any old, good legacy gear you do not intend to pass down to future characters, you can make some gold on the AH. I sold a dropped legendary amulet awhile back for 25 mil, and it looks like I am about to sell a weapon for at least 25 mil that I bought for 2.2 million.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    So how does leeching torment XP work if say I wanted to skip leveling a barb/wd? Do I just sit in town, or try to follow from a safe distance?

you have to be near the fighting to grab any experience, so you have to follow people around

this makes ranged packs like mortar or jailer your worst enemy until you get close to 60

a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Well shit, maybe it was too soon to get all excited about Diablo 3 again.

Played a bunch of the past few nights, and for a good few hours tonight.

But then all of a sudden, every time I try to play the game seizes up, I get lots of graphical glitching, followed by a black screen and reboot. D3 is the only game that seems to be doing it, though I only tried a couple other games.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I sold some gems for 25mill.

2 radiant star amethyst and a radiant star ruby. I might sell the others.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    Got a wand that reduces the cooldown of Slow Time by 50%.

So many bubbles.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Well shit, maybe it was too soon to get all excited about Diablo 3 again.

Played a bunch of the past few nights, and for a good few hours tonight.

But then all of a sudden, every time I try to play the game seizes up, I get lots of graphical glitching, followed by a black screen and reboot. D3 is the only game that seems to be doing it, though I only tried a couple other games.

Few things to try: The repair tool in the D3 install folder, and check your video card drivers.
    If not those, what other games are you trying? Are they graphics-intensive? I guess it could be a video card or PSU issue, though that seems unlikely if it's happening just as you start the game.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    booooo server maintenance

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I was going to get on and play until I got an legendary.

So considering I should probably get to sleep soon, it's probably a good thing.

But damn it anyways.

Radius on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Looks like in today's patch they moved the reset Legendary to Diablo from Leoric.
    Act bosses now always drop a rare which is fantastic because it was complete bullshit yesterday when with 27% MF, a fortune shrine, and reset bonus, the Butcher still dropped only blues.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Looks like in today's patch they moved the reset Legendary to Diablo from Leoric.
    Act bosses now always drop a rare which is fantastic because it was complete bullshit yesterday when with 27% MF, a fortune shrine, and reset bonus, the Butcher still dropped only blues.

I don't see why they can't guarantee a legendary drop for each Act boss (on reset)... There are enough legendaries that trying to get something like a 4-piece set is still not feasible unless you spend literally hundreds of hours farming, and you may still end up with set pieces that have horrible rolls.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    On top of drops while clearing, 4 guaranteed legendaries might make the campaign too lucrative compared to adventure mode, depending on how often you can get them from bounties/rifts/shards.

I agree that only having 1 per full clear is kinda lame, but I also wouldn't want to speed clear Normal forever.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Really should have reset and done SK last night

completely forgot about Patch Tuesdays

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    so playing until a legendary drops is I guess how I do this game now

last nights was my third piece of blackthornes! except it was int because it dropped for my witch doctor and the other two are dex because they dropped for my demon hunter and monk

loot two point ooooohhhhh

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I am really looking forward to Adventure Mode

hello running around and killing everything without thinking about a silly plot

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Wowww quality of life improvements. Finally got my first max lvl character! What are the legit wiz builds now?

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Wowww quality of life improvements. Finally got my first max lvl character! What are the legit wiz builds now?
    you can put 6 skills at random on your bar and be fine

one of those should probably be frozen orb though, not because it's op necessarily just because frozen orb kicks ass

• Options
    I was also sad when I tried Stalgards Decimator on my monk and found out blizzard outsmarted me by not actually counting each of the 7 punches of the second hit of Way of the Hundred Fists as its own attack, and less surprisingly it also doesn't work with tempest rush

Andariel's Visage works with tempest rush though, I had to juggle a couple runes to make up for switching out of The Laws of Seph but I was able to make it work and even though I know it would fail outside of normal (and that every elite pack would be molten) it is fun to have my strategy just be
    "walk through shit because everything in 10 yards is taking 375-500% weapon damage per second"

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    I wish the monk had more lightning skills that could proc a Fulminator

chain lightning fists of thunder works pretty well for it but other than a rune in devastating reach and lashing tail kick I don't think you get any more non-sweeping wind lightning skills, and sweeping wind isn't allowed to proc anything

still having fun with Thunderfury/Fulminator chain lightning power hour though

a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Walt wrote: »
    you can put 6 skills at random on your bar and be fine

one of those should probably be frozen orb though, not because it's op necessarily just because frozen orb kicks ass

Frozen orb is cool, but when I made an ice based build things suddenly got sooo slowww compared to using disrupting arcane torrent on left, cheap blizz on right, 1 starfall 234 magic weap, force armor + arcane power, canoneer. Taking the seemingly op defiance, arcane shackles (or whatever it is called) and...something that boosted arcane regen or cap, cant remember. Everything just melted around me.

QuantumTurk on
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I used to have hydra in there too, but couldnt tell the diff when I switched it for another buff, so left it out to make it easier to run.

Accidental edit becomes double post!

QuantumTurk on
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Arcane Torrent - Disruption with Arcane Orb - Arcane Orbit and Familiar - Cannoneer does hilarious DPS

• Options
    Even have a hat that gives 12% bonus to familiar. I do not mind being OP

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    apparently frozorb damage is slightly bugged to be more than tooltip right now so don't panic if there's a nerf/bug fix for it today

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    so playing until a legendary drops is I guess how I do this game now

last nights was my third piece of blackthornes! except it was int because it dropped for my witch doctor and the other two are dex because they dropped for my demon hunter and monk

loot two point ooooohhhhh

Loot 2.0 is great except for when it's not. Also makes finding/crafting gear for your templar merc on your witch doctor annoying.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeaaa my templar is suffering under my int based dominance. He is really just there to top up my health and distract things anyway. Should he even be killing base mobs? Cause he is terrible at it.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    cannoneer got nerfed to match your attack speed

RIP

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    I'mmm not seeing that in the notes on the d3 site, stealth fix or should I be getting patch notes elsewhere?

• Options
    Yeaaa my templar is suffering under my int based dominance. He is really just there to top up my health and distract things anyway. Should he even be killing base mobs? Cause he is terrible at it.
    Yeah, my templar doesn't kill many dudes, but he is ripped as fuck. He only ever dies on the nastiest of champ packs and his healing means I almost never need to pot and very rarely die.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Part of loot 2.0 seems to have been fixing the stats on follower trinkets, each one I find has tons of follower main stat, vit, and all-res or armor, which helps a lot with making followers less terrible

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Yeah, my templar doesn't kill many dudes, but he is ripped as fuck. He only ever dies on the nastiest of champ packs and his healing means I almost never need to pot and very rarely die.
    I just stuck an Echoing Fury that dropped for my Barb last night on my DH's Templar. That Templar is all blinged out with my legendary STR castoffs.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    a fresh 60 can't channel that. I'd say go with electrocute- surge of power, arcane torrent- cascade, and cannoneer. that way your familiar will still blow stuff up when you're out of ap.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

RIP

yeah rip

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Wait I'm not sure I understand how that cannoneer change is different at all if not possibly a buff

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    It's because electrocute is actually faster than your attack speed, which made familiar shoot more often than intended.

edit: possibly some of the channeled stuff too.

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    oh weird, I never knew electrocute was faster

or any skill, really. I assumed they made everything perfectly match your attack speed by design

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

RIP

yeah rip
    I didn't ask for this

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    familiar fired something like 3x faster when using arcane torrent

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I prefer sparkflint anyway

Been running with a meteor build that is a ton of fun. Just need a cindercoat to drop and I'll be able to practically never stop spamming meteor.

• Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    familiar fired something like 3x faster when using arcane torrent
    Even faster with electrocute. Not a ton, but if arcade torrent was three times, it was like 3.2 to 3.5.

I'm hoping an attack speed of 2.0 and up still makes it decent, since my Wizard is left click chain lightning and lol at the 15% stun rate basically being a 90% rate.