As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX PRIME 2014 Information and FAQ (READ THIS FIRST, THEN ASK ALL QUESTIONS HERE)

• adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    DustyStarr wrote: »
    I feel like this might have been answered before, but I am just looking for some suggestions for some little pocket games to bring and play with others in line. :3 I am going to bring my 3DS, but I am not sure if I am going to be able to get one of those super charger thingies, so I am looking into having some non electronic games too. :3 And I would like to be that person that makes waiting in line fun. ^_^

One of my favorite line games to bring is 'Spot It' Very fun and has a bunch of different ways to play.

I also love to bring 'Get Bit', 'Fluxx' (of which there are many versions), and a new one I recently found is 'Love Letter'.

Love letter is awesome. Dungeon Dice is a new one we are really liking and planning to bring. The games are not super long and can be taught easily.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • BirrhanBirrhan Registered User regular
    Love letter is awesome. Dungeon Dice is a new one we are really liking and planning to bring. The games are not super long and can be taught easily.

We picked up Dungeon Dice last year at PAX and it is an awesome line game. The box is pretty awesome too. I will have to check out Love Letter though, never played it.

• blazertrek50blazertrek50 Registered User regular
    Since I purchased my pax prime tickets I have moved. So can anyone tell me how I can let the powers that be, know where to mail my tickets to, my new address?

Thanks.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Since I purchased my pax prime tickets I have moved. So can anyone tell me how I can let the powers that be, know where to mail my tickets to, my new address?

Thanks.

https://www.showclix.com/my-tickets/login

An account was created during the checkout process.

• pogoplaypogoplay Writer/Blogger/Gamer Calgary, AlbertaRegistered User regular
    Hey all, Was wondering if anyone who has applied for media access has heard a response back yet. I sent my request on June 4th but have yet to receive an answer back. In previous years, it took me about 2 weeks.

Attended: PAX Prime 2010, PAX Prime 2011, PAX Prime 2012, PAX Prime 2014.
    Attending: PAX Prime 2016
    Twitter @Pogoplay
    I can tell you that I know one single person who has heard back. This likely doesn't mean anything about all the people.

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I know a few that have heard back just in the past few days. They are probably going through a huge list of people to contact.

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    pogoplay wrote: »
    Hey all, Was wondering if anyone who has applied for media access has heard a response back yet. I sent my request on June 4th but have yet to receive an answer back. In previous years, it took me about 2 weeks.

I applied around the 2nd week of June, and I was just approved on June 27th.

I'm sure they're just combing through the applications and you'll hear from them shortly :).

• mishermisher Registered User new member
    edited July 2014
    Hi I wished to complain about PAX. I checked today to purchase tickets as I had won tickets previously and enjoyed PAX but saw they were all sold out. It seems that all tickets are being bought by mass sellers so they can be resold online?
    In total there's a couple hundred being resold on ebay (mod edit: link removed)
    And likely many more on other sites (since most people use amazon and others).
    It seems pretty exploitive for PAX to sell out all there tickets at low prices so resellers can then gouge loyal fans. I would suggest pricing tickets at a competitive price so your not screwing the customers, or having PAX on for longer (or in a larger location) so you may increase the limits?

zerzhul on
    edited July 2014
    This is an FAQ thread, not a place for general feedback. If you have feedback for pax you could send it to http://twitter.com/official_pax

there have been a few threads about registration already, the latest of which is here: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/190151/it-s-registration-time-sold-out

Robert Khoo, the person who is the chief decision maker for PAX, has already addressed these points in that thread.

zerzhul on
  • mishermisher Registered User new member
    zerzhul wrote: »
    This is an FAQ thread, not a place for general feedback. If you have feedback for pax you could send it to http://twitter.com/official_pax

there have been a few threads about registration already, the latest of which is here: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/190151/it-s-registration-time-sold-out

Robert Khoo, the person who is the chief decision maker for PAX, has already addressed these points in that thread.

I apologize I looked for a contact thing on the site but all it had was for media. And I dont like twitter haha. Should of forum searched better though.

There's also pax_questions@paxsite.com for a general pax contact email.

• Jeff YaskusJeff Yaskus Registered User regular
    WotC : DM volunteers for PAX Prime 2014 ?

Last year, I spent days 2-4 at the Wizards of the Coast area playing D&D Next ...
    and was asked to volunteer as a DM for this year.

However, cannot find any details on how to sign up / volunteer for Dungeon Mastering details this year ?!

And this old site / group / etc ... is no longer valid;
    https://sites.google.com/site/ddatpaxprime/

Anyone know if WOTC is participating and how to get ahold of them, to volunteer as a DM ?

Thanks for any suggestions!

• HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    It is now the best window for buying flights to PAX. I was able to get my flight through Sun Country from Minneapolis to Seattle for $220 round trip. Some things to keep in mind: the cost of flights change every day, so you need to check them constantly. Some sites (like yapta) allow you to set up flight alerts to track the changes of flight prices and notify you when they drop (yapta doesn't work with Southwest). Buying 2 one-way tickets is the same as a round-trip. It's actually easier to get 2 one-way tickets most of the time, since that's all a round-trip ticket really is. I bought my flight out to Seattle when it was on sale for $110, and had alerts set up for my return date (9/2) and just picked them up 2 days ago. Today, the same return flight is listed at $187.

Granted, if you actually were able to snag PAX badges, then checking flights a whole one time a day should be easy for you ;-)

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • PurpleSkyPurpleSky Registered User regular
    Hingo wrote: »
    Granted, if you actually were able to snag PAX badges, then checking flights a whole one time a day should be easy for you ;-)

This made me chuckle :)

• PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular
    Hingo wrote: »
    It is now the best window for buying flights to PAX. I was able to get my flight through Sun Country from Minneapolis to Seattle for $220 round trip. Some things to keep in mind: the cost of flights change every day, so you need to check them constantly. Some sites (like yapta) allow you to set up flight alerts to track the changes of flight prices and notify you when they drop (yapta doesn't work with Southwest). Buying 2 one-way tickets is the same as a round-trip. It's actually easier to get 2 one-way tickets most of the time, since that's all a round-trip ticket really is. I bought my flight out to Seattle when it was on sale for $110, and had alerts set up for my return date (9/2) and just picked them up 2 days ago. Today, the same return flight is listed at $187.

I booked a flight a few weeks back, and out of curiosity checked again just now; prices are very similar, if not more expensive. I'm very thankful I looked so early this year(as if two months is really that early..). I went in 2012 and I paid $525 round trip after taxes from San Antonio, TX to Seattle when I booked in mid-August. This year the total cost for two people was only $562 round trip. Either way, I really wouldn't recommend booking last minute unless its super necessary.

Similar flights to the one I booked on the same airline have gone up by $40 since last I checked though.. don't wait too long!

• namelessbanananamelessbanana Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Usually by this time there is at least one or two threads about the Triwizard drinking tournament. Also it appears that Atlus has not posted in the forums since Dec 2013. Should we go ahead and attempt to get a group together to organize this years without Atlus's involvement? Is anyone already doing this?

namelessbanana on
  • LymerikLymerik Registered User new member
    I have a quick question and if it's too early to answer that is fine. Does anyone know/have speculation on when PAX Prime 2015 will be held? I heard that PAX Prime is usually held on Labour day weekend and in 2015 that would mean Sept 4-7th. I am just wondering because I am planning on going to College in fall of 2015 and my program would start at the beginning of Sept. I have always wanted to attend PAX but every year something comes up preventing me from going. I am planning on going to Prime next year but if it is during Labour day weekend I won't be able to go. I know it's still super early I am just impatient/excited about wanting to plan everything out haha.

• gorgeousplanetgorgeousplanet Meat Popsicle OregonRegistered User regular
    @Lymerik‌
    From what I understand, The Powers That Be decided long ago that PAX Prime will be held over Labor Day weekend until the end of time.

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Usually by this time there is at least one or two threads about the Triwizard drinking tournament. Also it appears that Atlus has not posted in the forums since Dec 2013. Should we go ahead and attempt to get a group together to organize this years without Atlus's involvement? Is anyone already doing this?

Last year's thread didn't go up until August, and in it Atlus made many mentions of 'Next Year'. I advise patience, grasshopper.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    Lymerik wrote: »
    I have a quick question and if it's too early to answer that is fine. Does anyone know/have speculation on when PAX Prime 2015 will be held? I heard that PAX Prime is usually held on Labour day weekend and in 2015 that would mean Sept 4-7th. I am just wondering because I am planning on going to College in fall of 2015 and my program would start at the beginning of Sept. I have always wanted to attend PAX but every year something comes up preventing me from going. I am planning on going to Prime next year but if it is during Labour day weekend I won't be able to go. I know it's still super early I am just impatient/excited about wanting to plan everything out haha.
    Lymerik‌
    From what I understand, The Powers That Be decided long ago that PAX Prime will be held over Labor Day weekend until the end of time.
    It's likely that it will be labor day weekend, but it is not guaranteed until it goes up on the WSCC calendar. PAX Prime was not labor day weekend in 2011... but the fact that it's gone to 4 days makes it increasingly likely that it will stick to labor day weekend. Right now the WSCC calendar is showing out through June 2015. I would expect that by September of this year, you'll get your answer.

• WizardWizard Registered User regular
    Ugh, just saw that PAX Prime 2014 was fully staffed. I was hoping to join the Enforcers this year, as I tend to find Prime having fewer events I care about. Oh well, maybe next year. (Or maybe South? Kind of a tricky flight for me though.)

Was there an open call at all this year? I suspect not, but I'd like to know just in case I'm a moron and missed it.

No, there was not.

• WizardWizard Registered User regular
    Okay, thanks zerzhul. Guess I'll see what I can do to join the team in a future PAX.

• CennediCennedi A strange man A strange landRegistered User regular
    Wizard wrote: »
    Okay, thanks zerzhul. Guess I'll see what I can do to join the team in a future PAX.

South looks like they will take applications, if you can make that, though I suppose that is speculation at this point.

Hopeful First Time Attendee of PAX Prime 2014.
    [ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Cennedi wrote: »
    Wizard wrote: »

South looks like they will take applications, if you can make that, though I suppose that is speculation at this point.

General process is PA puts the call to the current #e community to see how many are coming for the show, and figures out how many they want to have on staff, then open recruiting based on the differences in that number. Sometimes they do no recruiting, sometimes they do referrals only, sometimes its open and they need lots, sometimes its open but they get way more applications then they have spots. No one will know for sure if South or East will have open applications yet since those first two pieces haven't happened. My guess is that will recruit for the first several years of South as it grows, but we will all have to wait and see. East seems to be slowing down recruiting as its not growing much any more and the local #e community has grown. And Prime is going to be tough to get into unless there is a lot of turnover.

Anyway, that kinda strays off of the focus of this thread for Prime, but thought it would be useful for people, sorry. Happy to answer other questions via PM.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
    Hmm, getting a little worried... Still haven't heard back from PAX media since June 4th and I know people have heard back since then. Hopefully they get back soon :/

Twitter @Pogoplay
  • pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    Hmm, getting a little worried... Still haven't heard back from PAX media since June 4th and I know people have heard back since then. Hopefully they get back soon :/

Hmm. Maybe it's because they were busy with PAX South ticket launch? Honestly, sometimes they get back to you within a week, other times they respond back after 6 weeks, it's a bit random with their schedule.

I know some other Media applicants had applied at the end of May, and were approved around June 20th.

If you're still concerned, you could always shoot them an email at: pax_media@paxsite.com

Hmm. Maybe it's because they were busy with PAX South ticket launch? Honestly, sometimes they get back to you within a week, other times they respond back after 6 weeks, it's a bit random with their schedule.

I know some other Media applicants had applied at the end of May, and were approved around June 20th.

If you're still concerned, you could always shoot them an email at: pax_media@paxsite.com

Yeah, I initially sent my request on May 20th and they responded on June 4th asking for more information. After I provided it on the same day, I still yet have to hear back. Hopefully someone reaches out soon... Running kinda close to PAX now.

Twitter @Pogoplay
    Will they be posting the maps on the forum again this year before Prime, if so where was it last year? I know they're on guidebook but GB just doesn't work well on my phone so I'm hoping I can get the maps elsewhere. If any PA Staff see this please take this as a suggestion to post the maps on the PAX site along with the schedule when it is posted. It'd be nice to have a link to the map right on the schedule page. I apologize if this has been done and I just don't remember but IIRC I've never seen this happen. Again, I realize they're on GB but I just like it that the schedule is on the main site so it'd be nice to have the maps too.

You can get to the GB maps via the web https://guidebook.com/guide/11947/

zerzhul wrote: »
    You can get to the GB maps via the web https://guidebook.com/guide/11947/

Thanks, yeah I guess my request isn't super necessary. Guess it's just a nice to have.

I agree it would be nice, but that's your stopgap for not needing to go to an app on your phone.

• tinedizzletinedizzle Kelso, WARegistered User regular
    Speaking of schedules, is there a best guess when it will be out.

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    SmallLady wrote: »
    When will x be announced?
    Soon. Don't expect any definite announcements any sooner than 3-4 weeks before PAX. Don't expect a final schedule and show map until about two weeks before PAX. If you're curious if your favourite game developer, journalist, internet personality is going to be there, shoot them an e-mail and ask, because if it hasn't been announced, we don't know either.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • SenicksSenicks Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Question deleted...

Senicks on
  • Red BarchettaRed Barchetta Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    nm

Red Barchetta on
    I unfortunately missed the one at PAX East (at least, I think there was one), but I loved the DD tournaments PAX used to have back in the day. Any chance it'll be coming back this year?

The co-op mechanics seriously made it one of the most hilarious--and fun--tournaments I've ever played in.
    It's certainly possible! We won't know until maybe a few weeks from now though, when the schedule is more ready and starts to trickle out.

• LadyBeeLadyBee Vancouver BCRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know if there is a update on the TWDT?

Buttoneer
    Slytherin OotP HeadGirl.