As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX PRIME 2014 Information and FAQ (READ THIS FIRST, THEN ASK ALL QUESTIONS HERE)

• Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    Does Seattle have more places to eat around the convention center than Boston does? PAX East Badges were stressful to get, I hope I am able to snag a Prime Badge.

There's a thread for local attractions as well, which is starting to accumulate some good eating suggestions, definitely check it out!

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    Bob20021Bob20021 Registered User regular
    So overall is the popular vote that the site will update a ways before they go on sale or will it happen all at once randomly?

• Options
    I think the general consensus is that in the past they have gone up the day before they go on sale. No way to know for sure though.

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    Spud387Spud387 Man of Inaction Vancouver, BC, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Usually the day/night before, you'll see a bunch of updates to the site.

Prime 2016 Status: Skipping. 2017, The Return.

Attended: PAX Prime 2010/'11/'12/'13/'14
  • Options
    RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    Last years prices went up the day before they went on sale, so that was the advance notice we got last year.

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    ZurgettiZurgetti Librarian WARegistered User regular
    Obviously you should only buy badges directly from the PAX site, and if you decide to try from another source, you do so at your own risk, and you should probably just not do that.

But I heard there was a badge checking station at PAX before so that if you actually went to PAX and bought a badge from someone outside the convention center, you could check if the badge was real before you paid money for it. Is that true?

• Options
    Zurgetti wrote: »
    Obviously you should only buy badges directly from the PAX site, and if you decide to try from another source, you do so at your own risk, and you should probably just not do that.

But I heard there was a badge checking station at PAX before so that if you actually went to PAX and bought a badge from someone outside the convention center, you could check if the badge was real before you paid money for it. Is that true?

It would also be a good idea to call over an enforcer, and have them check the badge.

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    On a semi-related note, has there been any talk of expanding? Not so much making Prime bigger, since I think it's as big as it can get now, but rather, opening up another PAX. Maybe somewhere in Oregon or California, so it's still on the west coast/in the pacific northwest, but still a separate event so people can divide themselves between the two.

• Options
    GamingGoddessGamingGoddess Profesh Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    I heard that tickets might go on sale today, can anyone confirm?

Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    "Pictochat? No. Dicktochat!"
  • Options
    On a semi-related note, has there been any talk of expanding? Not so much making Prime bigger, since I think it's as big as it can get now, but rather, opening up another PAX. Maybe somewhere in Oregon or California, so it's still on the west coast/in the pacific northwest, but still a separate event so people can divide themselves between the two.

PAX South just got announced...

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular

Two years ago I sold the last day of my pass and there was an Enforcer outside of the main entrance (under the bridge) with giant banners stating "BADGE VERIFICATION STATION". Or something like that.

"Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."
  • Options
    RavenHusky wrote: »
    PAX South just got announced...

Oh, well, derp. There you go then. Many thanks. :p

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Tickets /might/ go on sale any day. I haven't seen or heard any credible information to point to any specific day though.

• Options

Source?

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    AlisonderAlisonder Registered User regular
    Yeah, seconding source please :O

• Options
    GamingGoddessGamingGoddess Profesh Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    Idk his to do it on my phone but there was a tweet from @PeteZahHutt saying he was told that tickets would go on sale today

Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    "Pictochat? No. Dicktochat!"
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Idk his to do it on my phone but there was a tweet from @PeteZahHutt saying he was told that tickets would go on sale today
    And where did he get his info? I don't trust some random youtuber who has no clue himself.

RavenHusky on
    tw787Xr.png

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Here's the actual tweet:
    So I've been told pax prime tickets usually go on sale around April 17th or so. Any announcements on the date? Can't find anything myself.

So he doesn't know either. :P

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Tickets have never gone on sale this close after an East. I don't think there is a source, I think it's an "oh someone said this thing." Otherwise, I would have expected a "so this place says they'll go on sale." If it's not an official pax source (which we can all easily look up) it's not reliable at all.

• Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Here's the actual tweet:
    So I've been told pax prime tickets usually go on sale around April 17th or so. Any announcements on the date? Can't find anything myself.

So he doesn't know either. :P

Considering that the Prime site hasn't updated yet, I doubt it will happen today.

I'm personally hoping that passes go on sale tomorrow, because I don't have to worry about classes interfering.

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    I really hope it doesn't happen from the 18th-21st. I work all those days. After that i have a pure week off to camp. Please PAX<3

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Tickets have never gone on sale this close after an East. I don't think there is a source, I think it's an "oh someone said this thing." Otherwise, I would have expected a "so this place says they'll go on sale." If it's not an official pax source (which we can all easily look up) it's not reliable at all.

Not to mention Mike (and probably other PA staff) is on vacation right now.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Not to mention Mike (and probably other PA staff) is on vacation right now.

They were on vacation last year when tickets went one sale.......

• Options
    There are many PA staffers that are not yet back in the office. Also there is no "usually" for sale dates for prime, they bounce all over the place because the end of east bounces all over the place. In addition, this is not the thread in which to speculate wildly about ticket sales, this is for Q&A about pax things. If you want to have a long conversation about that, make a thread for it (although you'll all be wrong unless accidentally right).

• Options
    There are many PA staffers that are not yet back in the office. Also there is no "usually" for sale dates for prime, they bounce all over the place because the end of east bounces all over the place. In addition, this is not the thread in which to speculate wildly about ticket sales, this is for Q&A about pax things. If you want to have a long conversation about that, make a thread for it (although you'll all be wrong unless accidentally right).

hmm.... you gave me an idea. PAX Prime Registration Box Pool!!

• Options
    Did the PA staff actually note when Prime would be this year or is that speculation too?

• Options
    It's been on the WSCC calendar for awhile now. It's labor day weekend, Fri-Mon

• Options
    NymphodorahNymphodorah SeattleRegistered User regular
    Bob20021 wrote: »
    Did the PA staff actually note when Prime would be this year or is that speculation too?

If you look at the "Prime 2014 save the date" thread, the WSCC has a few days reserved that look like they're for PAX. It's pretty likely.

It’s a dangerous business, going out of your door. You step into the Road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to.
    Twitter: ACatlett206
    Battletag: Tonks#1448
    Steam/Xbox: Nymphodorah
    Tumblr: thenerdy-narwhal
  • Options

Prime is always Labor Day weekend

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Stupid poor reception caused a double post, sorry. How do I delete a post?

RavenHusky on
    tw787Xr.png

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    RavenHusky wrote: »

Prime is always Labor Day weekend

In 2011 it was the weekend before Labor Day weekend due to a conflict, and if I recall correctly that could be the case again in 2015.

• Options
    larry365larry365 Registered User regular
    I really love PAX. I have so many great memories and experiences. I think playing MTG for the first time and the jaw dropping moment when I first played Scribblenauts were awesome experiences. I think the best thing is the vibe of PAX. The best example is when my youngest boy lost his badge in between the halls and started crying. One of the book vendors stood on his chair and yelled "can I have everyone's attention, a little boy lost his badge, can everyone take a look". I watched about 1000 people turn their heads to the ground and one person raised up the badge in his hand. My kid ran over and thanked the man. Nice to see so many good people in a room.

• Options
    larry365 wrote: »
    I really love PAX. I have so many great memories and experiences. I think playing MTG for the first time and the jaw dropping moment when I first played Scribblenauts were awesome experiences. I think the best thing is the vibe of PAX. The best example is when my youngest boy lost his badge in between the halls and started crying. One of the book vendors stood on his chair and yelled "can I have everyone's attention, a little boy lost his badge, can everyone take a look". I watched about 1000 people turn their heads to the ground and one person raised up the badge in his hand. My kid ran over and thanked the man. Nice to see so many good people in a room.
    That is super awesome, however this is a Q&A thread, so it's also very off topic :)

• Options
    Please take further registration discussion to here: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/189272/prime-2014-registration-anticipation

It's a topic that is far too lengthy and unknown to bother with it in this Q&A thread. I get that there are questions, but so many can't be answered and are just speculation, which creates pages and pages of banter.

• Options
    edited April 2014

zerzhul on
  • Options
    I split off some of the registration discussion into that other thread :)

• Options
    K!LL@RK!LL@R Registered User regular

Check the OP. It has the dates. 8/29-9/1

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    The difference is about $25.

:)

Well hell, that's alright then. I was starting to worry about missing out on the 4-day pass rush... Thanks for the info.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    ctiwolfctiwolf Registered User regular
    Does anybody have any historical info of when the tickets went on sale in the past? There was something last year but i cant seem to track it down again.

• Options
    ctiwolfctiwolf Registered User regular
    And what is the new option so raven mean?