As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dress Like You've Got Your Own Theme Music

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    New shoes!

They're made from paper (Tyvek) and they barely weigh anything.

g9P0H9A.jpg?1

I'm at work and bald, so I don't have a hair tie. Sorry, not sorry.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    cool! How long do you think they'll last?

• Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    Tyvek is what they use to wrap your house in before the exterior siding is put on. It's incredibly durable and weather-resistant. I'd expect the question is just up to the durability of the soles.

Now I want Tyvek shoes.

• Options
    I'd expect the soles or the stitching to be the wearing points.

The Tyvek should have an interesting wear pattern between the fibers and the dyes, so I'll be interested in what it looks like in a couple months.

I got them from The UT Lab. They are really comfortable, but hard to get into since the material doesn't stretch like canvas or leather would.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    Contemplating a (small) Sephora spree

I wants some pretties

My mom and my sister went to Sephora and spent like five hundred goddamn American dollars

And I was made very happy for knowing the word "gobsmacked" because goodness gracious that is a lot of money spent on shit my colorblind ass will never understand

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    I bought a goddamned purse. I don't give a shit, walking around with my wallet, keys and phone in my pocket was annoying as shit. Plus, now I have somewhere to store practical stuff like my super sweet sun glasses, super sweet normal glasses, thermos full of coffee, a pocket knife and assorted knick knacks. Aw shit, haven't even begun to consider the amount of food stuffs I can now smuggle into a cinema.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I have a tyvek wallet. It is super crazy thin and awesome.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    I use one of these for a manbag, back from when Thinkgeek used to carry them. It fits an 11" MBA or 12" Lenovo X200 series laptop and is surprisingly roomy for its size. Nice pockets and such on it too. The handle straps go all the way around the bag so no stress carrying heavy stuff in there, and it's lasted really well for the.. geez, 5? 6? years I've had it. I can't remember when I bought it now, but it's still going strong. With the external pockets, the lower middle one is perfect for a phone, the outer ones fit hard glasses cases nicely, the end pockets are great for water bottles and there's a divider for the internal pouch. Also it seems they're 66% off now.. I'm tempted to get another one for a spare.

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Contemplating a (small) Sephora spree

I wants some pretties
    Cw
    My mom and my sister went to Sephora and spent like five hundred goddamn American dollars

And I was made very happy for knowing the word "gobsmacked" because goodness gracious that is a lot of money spent on shit my colorblind ass will never understand

It is really easy to spend money in Sephora. It is a wonderful, horrible place.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    I'm looking for some store suggestions for some cute things that I can always wear to work (and then have a good excuse for letting myself spend money.)

Loft is pretty good quality and tend to have shitloads of stuff on their clearance racks, I have a hard time fitting into their button downs/fitted shirts (busty girl problems) but their jersey/knit shirts, skirts and dresses are really nice

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    I'm looking for some store suggestions for some cute things that I can always wear to work (and then have a good excuse for letting myself spend money.)

Loft is pretty good quality and tend to have shitloads of stuff on their clearance racks, I have a hard time fitting into their button downs/fitted shirts (busty girl problems) but their jersey/knit shirts, skirts and dresses are really nice

That's helpful. I have the same issues with button downs. I'll definitely have to check them out.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Cool! I have the same issues with Jcrew but I deffo fit in their knits and sweaters too, they just tend to be on he high side of reasonable price wise even with their clearance stuff

If you have an outlet near you though, that's a good bet too

Usagi on
  • Options
    I'm definitely going to check it out.

I'm trying to get better at buying more versatile things and getting rid of some of the clutter in my closet.

• Options
    Nice! It's tough, finding things that fit and last a while :/

And now I'm going to try and reassemble a broken eyeshadow, fingers crossed

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    in an act of futility I went to bestbuy to see if they had any of the promotion games in stock. they did not, but a lady there complimented my shoes. nice.

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    So the Sephora conversation earlier reminded me I was out of foundation primer so I went and oops, I bought a twenty-six dollar lip balm. In my defense, nothing has been working on my lips lately and I'm desperate. Will report back if it's any good.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    i love this outfit

tumblr_n8pmw8yhIQ1qcv93ko9_1280.jpg

( Zainab Balogun for CLAN Classics Lookbook. Photography: Lakin Ogunbanwo)

• Options
    Oh my god I love it

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I just got a new sole and heel put on my cowboy boots today

I am so fuckin' pumped

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Huh! For some reason that outfit isn't doing anything for me. Not that it's bad or anything. Which is funny because normally I feel like your taste and mine is like disssss

(you may imagine me crossing my fingers to indicate closeness at this time)

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    ha! I agree!
    ... but if I think about it, it definitely isn't very you

And it isn't terribly me either, in terms of what I would actually wear - I'd love to be able to, but I think a person would need neat hair and great cheekbones and an amazing arse to pull it off.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    One out of three ain't bad...

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular

The Tyvek should have an interesting wear pattern between the fibers and the dyes, so I'll be interested in what it looks like in a couple months.

I got them from The UT Lab. They are really comfortable, but hard to get into since the material doesn't stretch like canvas or leather would.

these shoes look super neato
    are they comfortable?

• Options
    New shoes!

They're made from paper (Tyvek) and they barely weigh anything.

g9P0H9A.jpg?1

I'm at work and bald, so I don't have a hair tie. Sorry, not sorry.

I linked these to my brother and earned some major brownie points.

Thanks for sharing!

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    i had a bad friday at work so i decided to buy clothes outside of my comfort zone
    Ac06znSl.jpg

cTrFwwzl.jpg

tryin to be more comfortable re: my own bod

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    also bought a yellow and grey one and im into it

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    I bought almost that exact outfit. Yay summer bros

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I will never wear sleeveless shirts, because they are pretty much the opposite of comfort zone to me; so props to you.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I feel bad and good about sleeveless shirts because I'd feel awkward like I was showboating, but at the same time I also want to do that. that and the chest hair situation

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    i had a bad friday at work so i decided to buy clothes outside of my comfort zone
    Ac06znSl.jpg

cTrFwwzl.jpg

tryin to be more comfortable re: my own bod
    Takin' a picture with a Ouija board?

Man, those things really are magic!

sig.gif
  • Options

these shoes look super neato
    are they comfortable?

Very comfortable. I wore them all day at work with no complaints from my feet and it was only the second time I had worn them.

The next pair I get will be a half size larger, only so they're easier to put on/take off.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    thanks @Man of the Waves

• Options
    Biscuits and GravyBiscuits and Gravy Marchwarden of Beardlorien Registered User regular
    Yo ladies! I just bought a swimsuit top off of modcloth (it was hella on sale) and was going to buy some matching bottoms but it looks like ALL of the cute high waisted bottoms in my size are sold out! Where else do you go for stylin' (and reasonably priced) swimwear?

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I got my last swimsuit for an extremely reasonable price from asos. it is retro-styled too, so maybe you'll be able to find a match!

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    re: @Tynic 's post: I really wish she had been posing in front of graph paper because that headpiece is mathematical

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Those Tyvek shoes?

They're on sale for $44!

if you want girly colors

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Hmmmm!

r2d2-yoga-pants.jpg?22a92a

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I feel like they could have done a better job with that design, but maybe it would look too busy across both legs

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    I wish they did something different for the waist band but otherwise I love them

This discussion has been closed.