As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Youtube videos in fullscreen mode not filling screen, only in Chrome.

ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success!Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
I've used firefox for the last few years but recently made the switch to Chrome. The only problems I have is when trying to play Youtube videos in fullscreen, they usually don't fill the screen properly, and often the video playback stops. The sound continues so the video is still playing, just not updating on the screen.

This is what it looks like:
WEyiraX.png
Sometimes the white area will take up half the screen.

Even though the buttons look like they have moved, they are still only clickable along the bottom of the screen, where they should be located.

Some googling troubleshooting advice recommended disabling flash, but that just stopped everything from playing.

Any ideas what I need do?

I'm running Vista 32-bit, gpu is a 9600GT.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    It's not just you. It's been happening randomly on some videos. Probably has to do with them messing with HTML5. I did some research a couple days ago and didn't find anything concrete.

So.. yeah.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I'm in XP and had this problem as well.

• Options
    EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    Shimshai wrote: »
    I've used firefox for the last few years but recently made the switch to Chrome. The only problems I have is when trying to play Youtube videos in fullscreen, they usually don't fill the screen properly, and often the video playback stops. The sound continues so the video is still playing, just not updating on the screen.

This is what it looks like:
    WEyiraX.png
    Sometimes the white area will take up half the screen.

Even though the buttons look like they have moved, they are still only clickable along the bottom of the screen, where they should be located.

Some googling troubleshooting advice recommended disabling flash, but that just stopped everything from playing.

Any ideas what I need do?

I'm running Vista 32-bit, gpu is a 9600GT.
    I'm having this issue only with Chrome. If I go to another browser, none of the issues are there. It's most likely what Athenor said: It's probably them messing with HTML5.

XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Well at least it's good to know I'm not the only one affected, though it is strange it hasn't been addressed. Thanks for the info!

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I am having the exact problem with the additional problem that the video will often not advance, while the sound will. This only happens when I full screen and the full screen decides to 25% screen with white instead.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Yup same problem you're having darkewolfe.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    I managed to fix this by turning off chromes flash plugin, (forcing it to use the one installed to the OS). Unfortunately chrome sucked at using this plugin and so loading youtube videos was much slower or it lagged or just refused to any attempt to change quality or seek to a point in the video. I ended up reverting back and just dealing with the extra white space which I only get on some videos.

Very interested in a solution if there is one.