As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

THE WELEATHERTHREAD (weather thread)

• Options
    wrong_buttonwrong_button Registered User regular
    So paradise has swarms of bees?

OK, that is the worst weather. Match conceded.

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    ou9WrUX.jpg

Blue sky and sunshine! For the fourth consecutive day!

We'd better be careful or we're going to burn through our ration before the end of April.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    We've got about 15 inches of rain here. 7 in 3 hours. It's supposed to quit sometime wednesday.

That's a hummer.

That's a stripmall.

This is a problem

That's not my house btw

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I look at that and it sucks and everything, but... people still drive hummers?

Didnt they all break down a year after they were manufactured?

Its supposed to be 80 tomorrow in seattle and sunny, and rainy in san diego, go figure.

Barcardi on
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Do they even have bees on tropical islands? They can't live everywhere on Earth right?

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    45 degrees and rainy and windy

blah it's basically may come on

poo
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    In other news, it's just over 80 degrees here today and our AC unit once again can't keep up

I think we're going to have to have someone come look at it, as summer is just beginning... good thing we can bill it all to Mom since it's her house. :P

• Options
    wrong_buttonwrong_button Registered User regular
    45 degrees and rainy and windy

blah it's basically may come on

Pretty much the same here. I think I even heard someone mention a possibility of snow again.

I swear it was well into the 80s not more than a couple weeks ago. The US midwest is pretty much the worst, guys.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Anyone else freak out for a second before realizing that was just a doll in the last picture?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    24 inches of rain yesterday. Stopped for now. More forecasted. Hurray?

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    26th street in Baltimore

MDidse4.jpg

before

BmfuAMSIMAAFyh6.jpg

after

• Options
    Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    Apparently it rained 3 times the record in Gulf Shores yesterday. Next door neighbor's apt complex flooded bad. Some people lost everything and plenty of cars totalled.

I, on the other hand, am thankful for living on the second floor.

Good luck in Pensacola mate.

Not today.
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Do they even have bees on tropical islands? They can't live everywhere on Earth right?

We have them here in Hawaii. The big fat black ones, and the normal honey bees. Don't think I've seen a bumble bee out here though.

Those pictures of Pensacola, holy shit.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Bridge over Escambia Bay-
    1398837439000-bridgeflooding.jpg

Road by my university
    1398862660000-scenic2.JPG

More flooding
    1398906638010-dougmorganDSCI0012.JPG

They had to get people out of attics with boats in parts of Pensacola. And the whole downtown was flooded, which sucks.

edit- and apparently the jail exploded

Captain Marcus on
  • Options
    er obv nothing on florida

but yest was 10th highest single day rainfall in nyc

and subsequently my roof is leaking and my friend/neighbor's ground floor level bedroom is flooded

poo
  • Options
    man that is some bad destruction

road just washed away

poo
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

tropical bees are the BEST bees! there are lots of equatorial species and they're often big and shiny and awesome! Orchid bees are especially pretty

orchid_bee_stephanie.jpg

Xylocopa_latipes_perched_in_urban_setting,_Kuala_Lumpur_2011.jpg

bees are goddamn adorable.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    It's creeping towards 90 today

Send help, cool drinks, sunshades, clouds, fuck anything to keep me from burning to a crisp

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    we got 5" of rain between monday and yesterday

sheesh

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    It's creeping towards 90 today

Send help, cool drinks, sunshades, clouds, fuck anything to keep me from burning to a crisp

I'll send you my envy. It's only 75 here.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    it's ... give me a second

52 here. Usagi I will happily pretend to be you if that's what it takes to get reasonable weather.

I just need a blonde wig and some rad boots ...

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Mid-80s today, but it's supposed to be back in the 50s and rainy for the weekend, so huzzah for that.

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    fuck that, I want 70 and sunny, I got a garden bed to build this weekend

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Well it's been revised to 60ish but

jLk1BnT.jpg

• Options
    Heyo, Capt Marcus. UWF?

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    Yep! Thank goodness it's finals week- all the labs on the bottom of the science building got flooded.

• Options
    Cool deal. Someone to share my Pensacola pain.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    I'm in Ottawa this week and the weather suuuuucks.

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    We could really, really, really use some of that rain over here in Central Texas.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    finally warming up here in the rockies yay

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Who else is getting weather'd on tonight? The Chicagoland/NWI/SWMI area is getting pounded. I was out shopping with the girlfriend and we couldn't make it home before the storms hit. Had to hide out under a truck stop awning while 65mph straight line winds and heavy rain came down. The tornado sirens were going off but I'm not sure if we had a touchdown. Round 2 is about to come in and it looks nearly as messy as round one.

The central plains states are getting hit even harder I think. Hope everyone there is alright.

I wish I could have gotten pictures of the lightning. It might have been the most intense lightning storm I've personally seen.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    ugh, 100 here on wednesday

least it'll be low 80s on the 4th

gonna try and get in a picnic or something. maybe make a cake.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Round 2 is passing through now. It is moving more quickly than the first round of storms but it is just as strong. It looks like a monsoon outside. My girlfriend lives a county south of me (about 12 miles) and their tornado sirens are going off again. Bleh.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    The worst thing about the weather is that I have to work for "money" (whatever that is) and not go out and enjoy the days.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Felt like bumping this because the Hawaiian Islands are getting hit with two hurricanes in the same week (one of them is currently pummeling the Big Island). This is a record.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    Felt like bumping this because the Hawaiian Islands are getting hit with two hurricanes in the same week (one of them is currently pummeling the Big Island). This is a record.

I have been following Surfline.com to just see if people out there were/are crazy enough to surf the big waves, and sure enough, yup they are doing so. Or were.

Then i found this chart:
    http://www.surfline.com/swell-forecast/big-island-hawaii/hawaii-hilo_8905/

if you see Monday the waves will be coming from the north. That means on Maui the waves will be huge at Pyramids and Jaws. Maybe some record breaking waves even if no one surfs them.

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    There is a nest of European paper wasps right at the corner of my mom's window. Probably 15 females with more on the way.

And her screen is broken - it looks like a previous tenant pried it off with a claw hammer and then set it back into the window and now it's all loose and let's just say there are a lot of places where wasps can get in if they become so inclined

I am fucking terrified of bees but I am especially scared of wasps and hornets. Like pissing my pants scared. I asked her not to open her window but she insists. She has to be stubborn about this.

I'm gonna call the landlord and see if they'll remove the nest, but in the meantime I dunno what to do. If I get stung because of her negligent behaviour I'm going to be extremely upset.*

*Like HULK SMASH levels of upset.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    It's hot where I live. Thankfully in Upstate New York, the only weather event we get is lots of snow, but still, I'd prefer that over 90 degrees any day.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Storm today. Big one, very cool!