As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PbP] 13th Age - The Great Green Hunt

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    @Capfalcon Your weapon damage would be 2d8+4.

9+8+1=18, doubled for Shadow Walking is 36 damage. The Half Orc Ninja is very dead. Feel free to narrate bisecting it.

Geth roll 1d8 for additional stabbies.

additional stabbies:
    1d8 8 [1d8=8]

Oats on
  • Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    @Oats, guess I'll go ahead and kill the one engaged with Taldin, then.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Oats wrote: »
    @Capfalcon Your weapon damage would be 2d8+4.

9+8+1=18, doubled for Shadow Walking is 36 damage. The Half Orc Ninja is very dead. Feel free to narrate bisecting it.

Geth roll 1d8 for additional stabbies.

Wait, why is my weapon damage 2d8? I think I'm missing something.

• Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    You gain 1[W] for every level, and we are level 2.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    am0n wrote: »
    You gain 1[W] for every level, and we are level 2.

Oh, duh. I think this might be one of the first times I started playing past level one.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Who is still alive right now? I think two of those goblins to the right of my icon is dead right?

• Options
    edited April 2014
    The goblin mages are alive, two of the goblins engaged with Davinne are alive (with the rest dead) and the northern half-orc ninja is alive.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Disappointed in his last few spells, Eloki gathers the rage, finding the burning power inside him. Releasing it as a large Fireball at one of the Goblin Mages, the Fireball is massive and hits it mark. "Finally!"
    Geth roll 1d4 for random type

Geth roll 1d20+4 to hit one of those Mages

Geth roll 1d8+2 random type damage.

random type:
    1d4 2 [1d4=2]
    to hit one of those Mages:
    1d20+4 24 [1d20=20]
    random type damage.:
    1d8+2 8 [1d8=6]

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    Geth roll 1d6 for Chaotic Benfit

Chaotic Benfit:
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]

• Options
    edited April 2014
    New map on the way. Jeyza is up next (@am0n) with Vesna (@Kirindal) following afterwards.

Another new map!

Oats on
  • Options
    Also @Grunt's Ghosts I'm assuming you're firing at the wounded Goblin mage, which is sufficient to kill it.

Critting for 16 damage, like a boss.

Eloki's eyes only
    Seriously, no peeking. :/

Geth roll 2#1d6

2#1d6 2 # 5 [1d6=5] 3 [1d6=3]

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Frustrated, Jeyza lashes out at the nearby mage. But her anger clouded her judgement as she stabs wide. Suddenly, she here's the voice of a little green man, mumbling about fear and anger.
    Geth roll 1d20+5+2 for Rapier to the Face
    Geth roll 2d8+3 for Weapon Damage
    Geth roll 1d6 for Sneak Attack Damage

Current Defenses (Survivor's Defense Active) - AC: 19, PD: 17, MD: 17

@Kirindal You're up!

Rapier to the Face:
    1d20+5+2 15 [1d20=8]
    Weapon Damage:
    2d8+3 9 [2d8=2, 4]
    Sneak Attack DamageCurrent Defenses (Survivor's Defense Active) - AC: 19, PD: 17, MD: 17:
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]

am0n on
  • Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Refusing to let up the tempo despite failing to land a hard blow and getting cut for her troubles, Vesna landed on her kicking foot and bowed forward letting her other swing backwards trying to catch the half-orc with the heel of her foot. Farmer Reaps Wayward Wheat She had plenty of scars from previous encounters and these new ones would only drive her to work even harder to avoid future ones.
    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Unarmed Strike vs AC 17
    Geth, roll 1d6+2 for Damage otherwise 2 damage on miss

Unarmed Strike vs AC 17:
    1d20+4 23 [1d20=19]
    Damage otherwise 2 damage:
    1d6+2 7 [1d6=5]

• Options
    The remaining Goblinja Mage attemps to disengage, and flee for its pitiful life.

Geth, roll 1d20 for Disengage - Success on 6+

Disengage - Success:
    1d20 3 [1d20=3]

• Options
    edited April 2014
    It is so afraid it decides to flee regardless.

@am0n and @TheRoadVirus make free basic attacks if you so choose! Also @TheRoadVirus‌ it is your turn!

Oats on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    "Not so fast, ye slippery bastard!" Taldin yells as he swings a quick arc at the enemy's legs
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for free attack
    Geth, roll 2d10+1d6+5 for damage

free attack:
    1d20+5 25 [1d20=20]
    damage:
    2d10+1d6+5 26 [2d10=5, 10] [1d6=6]

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    It explodes in a fine red mist, as Brumhilda connects with its frail torso. Black robes, spinal column and blood spray over you and Jeyza.

There is a snicker-snack as she cuts through greenskinned flesh.

Oats on
  • Options
    Jeyza goes to strike at the fleeing mage, only to catch entrails to the face. It takes all of her will to not throw up as a kidney slides down her face.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    "Ah... sorry, lass!"

• Options
    edited April 2014
    The last half orc standing doesn't seem to react to the carnage audible from outside.

She knows death approaches, but she tries to find an opening in Vesna's defenses, to ensure she does not die alone. The attack is predictable, and Vesna is able to avoid it without any visible effort.

Geth roll 1d20+7 versus Vesna's AC (20)

versus Vesna's AC (20):
    1d20+7 14 [1d20=7]

Oats on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The remaining two goblinja do not seem as brave.

Before they retreat from Davinne, they attack in unison.

Davinne parries the first blow, and manages to block the escape of the first goblin. The second finds a gap in his defenses and then flees, cackling as it goes. 4 damage for the one hit.

Geth roll 2#1d20+6 vesus Davinne's AC (19)
    Geth roll 2#1d20 for goblinja disengage (Success on >=6)

vesus Davinne's AC (19):
    2#1d20+6 2 # 14 [1d20=8] 23 [1d20=17]
    goblinja disengage (Success:
    2#1d20 2 # 5 [1d20=5] 17 [1d20=17]

Oats on
  • Options
    PACherrnPACherrn Registered User regular
    First goblinja takes 3 damage from the failure to disengage, due to Davinne being Threatening with adventurer feat spent on it too.

• Options
    Brumhilda hungers for greenskin!

• Options
    PACherrn wrote: »
    First goblinja takes 3 damage from the failure to disengage, due to Davinne being Threatening with adventurer feat spent on it too.

Noted. It is your turn @PACherrn followed by @dresdenphile. The goblin not currently next to Davinne is fleeing, and will escape if left alive another round. It isn't an immediate threat.

• Options
    NO QUARTER!

• Options
    No, no, no. We want plenty of quarters. Let see how many quarters can be chopped out of them.

• Options
    I'm not sure goblin is an accepted form of currency around these parts.

• Options
    I'm sure some witch needs something of goblin for a spell. You just need to kill a hundred goblins to find 10 tongues.

• Options
    I'm sure some witch needs something of goblin for a spell. You just need to kill a hundred goblins to find 10 tongues.

Crisp goblin urethra is a major component in most any sorcerer spell.

• Options
    @dresdenphile initiative is yours.

Available targets are: Your allies (numerous murderhobus), a fleeing goblinja (cowardli diminutivus) and a half-orc ninja, fighting to her last breath (razorsharpus gladius).

Obvious exits: NORTH, LEFT, DENNIS.

• Options
    PACherrnPACherrn Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Davinne brings his warhammer down on the goblin that failed to escape him, clipping it on the shoulder but doing very little damage.

That's weird. I was absolutely convinced that I had posted already. I was sitting here waiting for updates like a muppet! My apologies! :(
    Super rolls so far! The goblin takes 2 damage from the miss. If it dies, Davinne will spend a move action to chase the fleeing goblinja! Next up is @dresdenphile

Geth roll 1d20+6+2 vs ac
    Geth roll 2d8+4 for dead goblin

vs ac:
    1d20+6+2 10 [1d20=2]
    dead goblin:
    2d8+4 16 [2d8=5, 7]

PACherrn on
  • Options
    There's a wet squishing noise, and your warhammer is covered in goblin muck.

Some of it even splashed on your armour, the nerve of these beasts.

• Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Zachariah

I look around the yard to see there's only one of them pajama orcs left. "Hey, ugly, I think you're better off surrendering, but somethin' tells me you ain't going to take my offer seriously."

Free action: Use Dead or Alive to expand my crit range on him.

Standard Action: Shoot Half Orc Ninja. (Precise shot ignores allies engaged with target.)

Geth roll 1d20+6+3 vs the Half Orc Ninja (AC 17)
    Geth roll 2d6+4 for damage against the HON.

Natural 20! So, he'll take 14 damage instead, right?

vs the Half Orc Ninja (AC 17):
    1d20+6+3 29 [1d20=20]
    damage against the HON:
    2d6+4 7 [2d6=1, 2]

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yes, that crit will double your total damage to 14. Brutal rolls on those d6s.

• Options
    She's visibly out of the fight. Her sword looks too heavy for her battered arms, and likely the repeated gunfire has deafened her somewhat.

Her blade clatters to the floor, as she raises her hands in surrender.

• Options
    "Knock 'er out! Tie 'er up!"

• Options
    Vesna spun around ready to deliver another kick to the annoyingly resilient orc only to stop at the sound of gunfire and the blade dropping to the ground. She looked down at the blade and back at the orc for a moment in bemusement. Regaining her composure, Vesna kicked the sword away from the orc lest it get any funny ideas about attempting another attack. "Who sent you?"

• Options
    edited April 2014
    She spits as her blade is kicked away. Her command of common is broken at best. By the lilt in her voice, Vesna, you identify her as a half-orc from a northern tribe almost immediately. They are allies of the Orc Lord, trying to earn a spot in His unending warmarch.

As Taldin finishes binding her, she finally deigns to answer Vesna's question.

"Who do you think, snack? Who wants another group of mercenaries on the trail of the Green dead? Pfah." Somehow she produces a coin before you even see her hand disappear into her clothing. There's a solid *clink* as it hits the ground. Its weight, lustre and fresh dent from where it hit the stonework floor identify it as pure gold.

Dragon's currency.

Oats on
  • Options
    @am0n @Capfalcon‌ Jeyza and Tarynton:
    Due to your connections to the Prince of Shadows, you know He recently came into a large quantity of similar currency. By "came into" you are probably currently assuming He stole them. Who knows for sure with the Prince though?

@TheRoadVirus Taldin:
    Brumhilda seems nimbler than she's ever been before. Almost like she's anticipating your strikes, and helping you land them. Weird. It's probably nothing.

@dresdenphile‌ Zach:
    The ninja's smoke bombs seem to work on some rudimentary form of gunpowder. Might be worth taking some to a tinker-type person to see if they can't help you out with your finite supply ammunition.

Everyone: Going to give you until I'm home from work tomorrow to talk amongst yourselves, inspect Zach's weird wand thing (so weird!) and do other stuff.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    That was easier than Vesna was expecting to get anything out of the orc. Most of the time it was 'I'll never tell ye!' or a sullen glare or even a 'Curse you to the darkest depths of the Abyss!' on the rare occasion. Not that she was objecting to a blabbermouth for a captive. When the orc suddenly produced the coin, Vesna took a half step back before she saw what the ninja had thrown.

"Taldin, I think your knots might need a little extra work. She's moving a bit too much for my comfort."

Kirindal on