As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This was the Last PS4 Thread

19495969798100»

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    The half billion wasn't just for the game. People need to stop associating that with the cost of the actual game development.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Page 100! Thread closing time. :( You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here. It's been a pleasure, everyone. See you in the PSN thread!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    The half billion wasn't just for the game. People need to stop associating that with the cost of the actual game development.

It was for the game, the marketing and to develop the sequels and the DLC. We get that, but it doesn't change the fact that this is a massive capital outlay for a series whose initial impression is, collectively, a wan B/B+.

A lot of the problem is simply down to lack of personality. Halo and its sequels had a ton of charm, especially when it comes to enemy design and AI. I'm not seeing that in Destiny.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I don't wanna leave :(

Goodbye guys.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    The problem with Diablo III is that the protagonist comes across as an arrogant douchebag.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    InkSplat wrote: »
    InkSplat wrote: »
    Urgency, the sense of you need to get things done now. A game with a good sense of urgency has that 'can't put down the controller' feel. It's always pushing you forward.

Yeah, I know what urgency means. D3 has nothing of the sort. You blow through the story so you can do adventure mode.

Exactly, you have that feeling too continue playing so you can play adventure mode. Destiny blew itsc wad three minutes in and I honestly don't understand what Bungie was shooting for when they made this game.

Is your argument that it's better that D3 forces you to play through in a way you don't want to before you get to the good stuff, rather than letting you choose, like Destiny does?

As someone who has played both, Diablo 3 is a more polished game that is more sure of its purpose. Some of this is obviously the result of having significant time to polish and refine the game since the PC release, but it's also a sign that Blizzard knows what it is doing in its chosen genres.

Destiny is a fun game, but it is far too shallow for what it is trying to achieve. This isn't a random shooter where "It's cool. Nice graphics" are enough. It's the result of a half billion dollar investment from one of gaming's great studios, and it just isn't good enough of a game to justify that expense and pedigree.

I expect Bungie will tune and deepen the game over time - it pretty much has to - but right now it seems like a failure - the world's most expensive b-list shooter.

I dunno. Considering Blizzard revised many of the systems in Diablo III so that they are literally the exact opposite of what they were at launch suggests that it's never been that sure of its purpose.

Also you are comparing something that has gone through well over a year of post-launch major revisions to a game that launched 5 days ago.

Drez on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Yeah, considering Diablo 3 was a solid D (C if you're being generous) when it launched, I'll put some faith in Destiny starting at B-level. :stuck_out_tongue:

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Let us not spend this last page bitching about Destiny, or defending Destiny. Let us celebrate the PS4 and all that came before it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiPKs4zA12Y

See you all in the single game threads.

Though actually, my wife and I just recently got confirmation through that we're allowed to adopt a little girl, and we start our introduction to her next week, so I probably won't see any of you in the threads for some time now. But please do keep me on your friend's list for the odd time I actually CAN get online and play a game ;)

Have fun with the console guys and girls.

(And yes, that was the most strained of excuses to mention our adoption, but we're excited ;) )

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Its been fun following this thread, folks.

I don't have a PS4 yet, but when I do ultimately get one, I will go in prepared thanks to all the stuff I learned here.

You will see me pop into the PSN thread to gather names once The Last Guardian comes out, along with whatever exclusive multiplayer experiences are available at the time.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Gentlemen.

tumblr_mgbemy0QBc1rtgm2jo1_500.png

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hello everyone! It's time to join the Xbox One Thread and travel into the sunset.

But just like them, I'm going to give the thread until midnight for everyone to say their goodbyes. Hope you all enjoyed it!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Midnight in which time zone. ;)

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Its been fun following this thread, folks.

I don't have a PS4 yet, but when I do ultimately get one, I will go in prepared thanks to all the stuff I learned here.

You will see me pop into the PSN thread to gather names once The Last Guardian comes out, along with whatever exclusive multiplayer experiences are available at the time.

S...so this is goodbye? D=

(I'm just kidding.)
    (...I want to believe I'm just kidding.)

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Bye everyone!

I intend to add everyone on the list eventually!

• Options
    Drez wrote: »
    Midnight in which time zone. ;)
    Probably eastern, but I will do it before I go to bed.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Night all. Add me, ya butts!

DRX-777

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Drez wrote: »
    The problem with Diablo III is that the protagonist comes across as an arrogant douchebag.

Well, the protagonist does mow through Azmodan's entire army single-handedly and then kick the shit out of the Lord of Sin himself.

So if anybody has a right to be arrogant, it's probably her.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    My final post on the PS4 thread will probably be this:

Finished Diablo 3, it was one of the most empty game experiences I've ever partaken in. It was neat at first, getting new gear, watching my stats go up. But the drops were too frequent, and it didn't matter what I equipped, because the game was the biggest cakewalk. I went through it alone on Hard the first time, and died once, against a Nemesis. I literally just hold down X for most of the game and occasionally pressed R2. This method worked against Diablo himself and also all the expansion bosses. It was fucking depressing. I suck at video games! Hard shouldn't be that easy! That game shouldn't be that mindless.

I am loving Destiny so far, on the other hand. I'm not great at shooters, but there's more to them, so the gameplay itself is inherently more satisfying. And I like the more infrequent nature of the drops, finishing up a mission and having a few things to check. It's also a much more visually interesting game. There's only so much you can do isometric view - nearly every area in Diablo felt the same to me, with the exception of Act IV.

So yeah, even though they're both loot games, I can absolutely see people loving one and not the other

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I'm a little bummed that this thread is going away and I don't even own a PS4 yet.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Adios amigos.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Goodbye thread. Any chance we'll see an Uncharted collection? Or a MGS collection? Got rid of my PS3. Maybe I should get a Vita. I want to replay Metal Gear and see Uncharted now though.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Goodbye thread. Any chance we'll see an Uncharted collection? Or a MGS collection? Got rid of my PS3. Maybe I should get a Vita. I want to replay Metal Gear and see Uncharted now though.

Yes, do this.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    It was a good run and it even gets capped off by a night of grouping up with PA folks in Destiny.

Also this means we can now officially shiv anybody who says next generation referring to a console that is currently out.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Everyone:
    Get Second Son
    Get Wolfenstien
    Get Destiny
    Enjoy the Future!

Night thread!

• Options
    ElucidaElucida Registered User regular
    My final post on the PS4 thread will probably be this:

Finished Diablo 3, it was one of the most empty game experiences I've ever partaken in. It was neat at first, getting new gear, watching my stats go up. But the drops were too frequent, and it didn't matter what I equipped, because the game was the biggest cakewalk. I went through it alone on Hard the first time, and died once, against a Nemesis. I literally just hold down X for most of the game and occasionally pressed R2. This method worked against Diablo himself and also all the expansion bosses. It was fucking depressing. I suck at video games! Hard shouldn't be that easy! That game shouldn't be that mindless.

I am loving Destiny so far, on the other hand. I'm not great at shooters, but there's more to them, so the gameplay itself is inherently more satisfying. And I like the more infrequent nature of the drops, finishing up a mission and having a few things to check. It's also a much more visually interesting game. There's only so much you can do isometric view - nearly every area in Diablo felt the same to me, with the exception of Act IV.

So yeah, even though they're both loot games, I can absolutely see people loving one and not the other

Diablo 3's difficulties are really misnamed. It should be Asleep (Normal), Easy (hard), Normal (Expert), Hard (Master), etc.

FFXIV: Sylvinae Mori
  • Options
    dantreedantree Registered User regular
    Thanks thread for the PS4 memories, see you in the PSN thread and the various game threads.

psn: dantree
  • Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    It's been fun, folks. Feel free to friend mean PS4 as Sagroth any time.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.