As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SMITE: Now on PC, Xbone, PS4... and Mac!

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Well, that was a bit of an ordeal... 18 games to get 7 wins (7 because after one of the terrible Arenas I had, I accidentally queued Assault again, which I had already won). Had some derpy teams for sure, I think the worst was probably the Arachne that was laning with me in a Siege match. I was trying to trade aggro from the blue buff camp off, but the Arachne left the circle with me... twice. She also decided to hang around at 20% health under tower for no real reason, other than to die. And she DC'd twice during the match. It was awful.

On the plus side, I got 4 more masteries done, Agni, Chaac, Osiris and Vamana, so that's nice.

• Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I need to spend more time with Vamana. I really enjoy his play style and kit.
    http://youtu.be/XyjHCbA6ylY

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Well, today went better, ultimately I got my 6 wins in 11 games. It was going great early, I got Assault, Arena, and 3v3 in one try each, Conquest took two tries because the first game I had a jungler and kind of a mid laner who had no idea what they were doing in Conquest. The jungling Mercury fucked me over hard and fed bad, went 0-10 by the time we were able to surrender. Second game went much better, even though because I was slow I was forced into support. I'm kind of liking Geb though, so I can't complain that much.

Then came Siege. 4 games in a row with DCs, at least on my team and occasionally on the enemy team as well. Finally won the 5th one, and got mastery on Guan Yu, which was nice. Then I had to do the MotD... which was Siege again, just with all pick Chaac, Bacchus, Thanatos and Osiris. I went with Chaac, early game our other lane was kind of getting shit on by the enemy Thanatos, but we ended up coming back from it and taking down both phoenixes, at which point it was kind of only a matter of time before we could finish off the titan.

One day to go...

Oh yeah, I almost forgot how weird the 3v3 was... we had an Ares who was bitching incessantly, while we were winning hard. I mean, we were at least 4 levels ahead of the enemy team and ended 18-5. He just wouldn't stop bitching about every little thing. I almost had half a mind to report him, because I'm curious what the hell he says to his teams when he's losing...

Dranyth on
  • Options
    [VVC]

Today was looking really bad early, but picked up and I ended up going 6-6 to finish getting my gems. On the MotD, I thought it was all pick, but it's just random. My team got 3 Sylvanuses, Hercules and a Fenrir, enemy team had 2 Sobeks, an Ares and 2 Fenrirs. They... didn't buy any anti-healing items for a looong time. Needless to say, we wrecked them, though we stalled out at the phoenix because whenever we'd go in, our actual physical damage dealers wouldn't attack the phoenix. Very annoying... turned out fine in the end though.

• Options
    My WTFast trial is about to end, so I don't know how much longer I'll be able to play Smite. If anyone knows of any free tunneling software that works decently, I'm all ears.

• Options
    Oh yes, I also picked up another couple of Masteries, Hel and Janus. Janus is a weird damn character... I don't have a good handle on him just yet. I believe I have all the mages mastered now. Now I just need a ton of Guardians and Assassins, and some Warriors I think?

• Options
    edited October 2014
    They're going to do a test of the non-timed queues and new matchmaking in the morning from 4am to 12pm Eastern, if anyone's interested in trying them.

They're trying to emphasize one of the main changes, being that once the queue does pop, if you miss or decline it, you get deserter. This information is causing a bit of an outrage on the forum, though it might just be a vocal few. I don't think they understand that the whole reason the queue will pop is because it has found a match for you, so if you decline/miss it, suddenly the matchmaking has to find a replacement for your spot, or more likely it might even force the people who were in your match to miss the queue and go back into the pool, thus the reason for the 'harsh' penalty. The whole idea is, do not join a queue until you are ready to play.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    I honestly wish the matchmaking would wait until we've picked teams to find us a match.
    "Oh, you and your casual friends are all picking gods you've never played before? Here's a pre-made with 2 Diamond Assassins, and 3 Legendaries! VVGG VVGF!"

• Options
    Eh... that would require something like per god MMR or something and you'd have to pick the god you're going to play before queuing. I don't think it's terribly reasonable.

I think LoL has a role matching queue or something, where you choose what role you want to play and the match maker puts together a team of people that fill all roles? I have no idea exactly how it works, if it's only for ranked, if it's only for solo queuing or what, but it seems interesting enough.

I don't know about the results of the non-timed queues and new matchmaking yet, but I know they ended the test early and have run into issues reverting to the timed queue matchmaking... the game's basically fucked to hell at the moment.

• Options
    New vid just went live, and I need the servers to stop being butts. I'm out of recorded footage for the rest of the week.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUXixZfskNI

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    well we'll just have to make more

Yeah, especially since the NDA I'm under for another game means I can't use videos from it.

• Options
    edited October 2014

divine intervention is hi-rez's child's play drive stream going on, fyi

edit:
    HiRezStew wrote:
    I don't want anyone bitching later. So here's the deal with Lunar Tango as full disclosure.

There will be a way to get her in November through a Treasure Chest only. That said, she'll never be available for direct gem purchase.

If you donate to Divine Intervention, the funds go to Child's Play.

If you wait for the treasure box, your funds go to Hi-Rez.

I'm happy either way, but the kids are happy with Divine Intervention.

http://tiermonster.com/divine

P.S.: That Poolseidon is some truly rare stuff and from my personal stash of leftover promo codes from launch.

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I have 5 hours to Smite before the servers for that other game I can't talk about go live.
    Of course, I want to finish watching The Flash first. Just hit me up on Steam. Until then, have a Janus Assault match that some of you are involved with.
    http://youtu.be/-lU7c3TtG5A

edit: anyone know why the thumbnails keep getting distorted?

sPider817 on
  • Options
    cross-postin'

25 gems per first win, no all-or-nothing shit this time, but it's just one day

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Anyone know of a way to launch this through steam?

I just downloaded tonight and would like to have access to friends/overlay.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Hmm... I know Spider runs it through Steam, though I don't know if it gives the overlay and such since it has the launcher executable that comes up first...

Dranyth on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Dranyth wrote: »
    Hmm... I know Spider runs it through Steam, though I don't know if it gives the overlay and such since it has the launcher executable that comes up first...

I actually completely exit out of Steam before I even launch the game. And yeah, because Smite requires its own launcher, you can't use the Steam overlay. You can always use Raptr, but that doesn't really help unless your friends are all using it, too.

Edit: And here's today's video. Some Cupid Arena (PLEASE give me advice on how to suck less with him) with Novacain3. I'm still trying to convince him to join the forums.
    http://youtu.be/QDVpZVmYSwc

sPider817 on
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Finally: GOLDEN CABRAKAN

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
  • Options
    some new tweets indicate that the escalating rewards for logging in everyday might include gems

no indication of how many gems or how many days in a row you'd need to log in to get them

though I'd wager it's a lot of days for not a lot of gems or else that'd be nuts

• Options
    Hmm... well, can't really complain about that. Went 6-2 on super gem Sunday. Only lost a 3v3 Joust and a Siege. Had some weird games... like the Conquest where 4 of us called our roles, except the guy who picked and locked in Anubis. I figured we were going to have to F6 at 10 with him 'support', especially because my Chang'e was going against Bakasura in solo and Baka got an insane lead. Fortunately our Ra was really good and the rest of the enemy team was pretty bad. We got team wipes and took GF and FG at different times, then started taking towers and phoenixes before they surrendered. Weird.

• Options
    Sadly, I missed out on the gem event. By the time people started showing up to group, I was in hour 18 or so and would have been a bigger detriment to the team than usual. Anyways, new vid is live. Enjoy!
    http://youtu.be/znlZJmlTGqE

• Options
    Well, tonight I tried the untimed queues for the first time. The queue times were fine, first Assault was around 1 minute I think, second was under 30 seconds. The matches themselves were a little odd, I'm not sure who was partied with who exactly, but I know the enemy team had a 3 man group at least. The enemy team was all 30 except for a Ymir who was level 16, but his name was 'noobsmurf' so it's likely it was a smurf account.

We had a level 14 on Odin who definitely played like they had no idea what they were doing with Odin... it didn't really go all that well.

Second game, the enemy team's He Bo DC'd right after loading in pretty much and never came back. I don't know if the enemy team was trolling after that or not, but they were really bad. Again, I don't know who was partied together exactly, but based on the banter in Curse I presume some people on my team were partied up. We were all 30s, the enemy team had a 16, a 24 and two 26s (including the DC'd He Bo), and one 30. They played... very erratically and recklessly, but again, it was 5v4 so they could've been screwing around too.

Anyway, patch should be in the morning, and should have some more tweaks to the match making and fixes for some of the infinite queue problems. I believe the 'daily login bonus' stuff should start tomorrow too, so that'll be interesting. Have to try out Nox, though from what I'm hearing, so far she doesn't seem very good.

• Options
    Did a practice Joust as Nox just to figure out her timing and abilities. Her 2/3 combo can do some major damage to the Titan from a range that will not aggro it. Mix that with the fact that her abilities are all on stupidly short cooldowns? I killed Ra and then just stood out of the Titan's aggro range and used her 3 to kill the Titan just as Ra-bot respawned.

• Options
    http://youtu.be/pUkFysGv3ZA

promo vid for the free nu wa skin (which comes with the god if you don't have her, just like the artemis twitter skin)

• Options
    Oh god, well today's MotD is the Seven Deadly Sins, which, looking over the god list, seems perfectly fine. Who do I get? Loki. God I fucking hate Loki.

We won, but it was a 31 minute game and ugh... pretty much hated every minute. The character is just so fucking awkward, his basic attacks have no range at all and it just feels terrible to play.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    http://youtu.be/9gmnC80J9KQ

edit, crossposted from SE++:

http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?39470-MOTD-Schedule-November-1st-November-7th

One of the extra things that was tested during the PTS for the last patch was the ability to mess with people's CDR in the Match Of The Day queue.

Looks like most of the gametypes for this week and going to incorporate that feature in some capacity.

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    Did you play the one the other day? Arena, random pick Thanatos/Aphrodite, 70% CDR? Fucking madness.

• Options
    To continue the above thought, today's MotD is Arena, all random, 75% CDR. I got Hun Batz. Sooo many monkey ults!

Enemy team got Aphrodite and Guan. Guan's heal is apparently like .5 seconds with that buff, he was so damn hard to kill. Basically impossible with Aphrodite linked on him too.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Today's MotD is another interesting one... 4v4 Siege with Rama, Thanatos, Apollo, Freya and Thor as all pick. The match is a normal start for gold/level, but has a CDR buff that scales from 40% to 70% (or 75%, not sure which), I'm not sure if it just scales with level or what.

My team had two Freyas, a Thanatos and an Apollo, enemy team had a Freya and 3 Ramas. Our Apollo went 0-5 in the first few minutes or so and DC'd. We eventually won 3v4 because 2 Freyas are better than one I suppose. Especially when your CDR buff gets up to the point where you can cast your 1 and 2 again right as the buffs end. Though mana does end up being an issue...

Dranyth on
  • Options
  • Options
    also, that was yesterday's.

today's is 80% CDR automatic, can't build additional CDR, arena, all Ra

it's amazing

• Options
    Well sure, it was yesterday's now. That was posted last night.

Ra at 80% CDR sounds nuts...