As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SMITE: Now on PC, Xbone, PS4... and Mac!

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Has anyone tried Shield of the Underworld as a direct response to Bakasura's ult?

Just about to suggest this myself. Chances are, it'll do great, I've seen it crush other basic attack gods before.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    The real problem against solo baka is that his lvl 5 is so strong that he can p. much just kill anyone who isn't prepared. Rushing sprint 2 is one way to get out of his ultimate, but then that is 600 gold you can't spend elsewhere. The cripple+true damage is just too much. Maybe solo guardians are tanky enough to survive, but i dont know. In general, just watch for his lvl 5 spike and play super passively. Particularly if he gets to 5 first.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    So then, getting into this game with some LoL experience, which only really helps from a map awareness PoV.

Last hiring seems sorta... floaty, and there's no real easy to notice sign that you did it perfectly, like a larger don't for the +gold alert etc. Any tips there?

I'm liking Isis, Ra, Geb and Anhur from the free Egyptian Pantheon last weekend, while Athena and Bellona were fun too, albeit in different ways. I didn't much gel with Osiris, though. He was weird.

Am I correct in thinking that juggling is more an occasional thing to dip into for buffs, given you can only have one active at a time, while a dedicated jungler burns down the gold and XP camps and ganks between getting buffs for themselves and allies?

You should get an extra sound effect and visual cue when you get a last hit, it's a little cha-ching noise and coins flying off the minion if I remember correctly, though I could be wrong since I don't even consciously register it anymore, and I mainly play support. Just remember that even though last hitting is good, aggressively clearing the waves and pushing your enemy under their tower is also important, since the enemy loses gold, because minions that take tower hits lose their gold bonus and only give XP. Also, clearing the wave faster and forcing your enemy to take minion aggro is great as Smite's minions do a shitload of damage early.

Smite has a dedicated jungler role, but it's set up so that after you kill the minion with the buff, the buff lies on the ground for 30 seconds, and anyone on the same team as the person who killed the minion can take the buff. Help the jungler kill camps when they're near you (since they should have Bumba's Mask, which prevents them from losing gold by sharing, meaning you both get more gold overall), but try to avoid straight up taking their camps unless they're really busy on the other side of the map or something. There are exceptions, but usually you want the hunter to take the purple buff, mid to take the red buff, jungle to take the orange buff, and solo to take the blue buff. Support generally doesn't take any buffs. The jungler will roam the whole game.

After the first few minutes the duo lane support player is also supposed to start roaming to gank and help secure objectives. The first time the support should leave lane is to help secure the middle harpy camps that spawn at the three minute mark. Smite's actually a really aggressive game because you've generally got four people wandering the jungle unaccounted for at any given time, usually one tank and one assassin per side. Combine that with the previously mentioned incentives for aggressive laning and you've got a recipe for constant ganking.

SUPER AWESOME 360 NO-SCOPE 420 BLAZE IT PRO TIP: Wards. Wards wards wards. Regardless of your role. Wards.

• Options
    Who's job is it to ward?

Yours.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    So my main observation so far is that the range for XP seems to be ridiculously short, and it's very, very easy for a melee God to get super-far behind and have no real chance of getting back into things, due to that.

Also, all the numbers say that the XP for creeps should outweigh the XP for kills, but it honestly doesn't feel that way. Any tips?

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    So my main observation so far is that the range for XP seems to be ridiculously short, and it's very, very easy for a melee God to get super-far behind and have no real chance of getting back into things, due to that.

Also, all the numbers say that the XP for creeps should outweigh the XP for kills, but it honestly doesn't feel that way. Any tips?

Well, you'll learn to dance around as a melee god. Thing to remember is that your creeps will block a lot of attacks meant for you, so you can get the hang of using them as a shield. And if someone insists on running past your wave to hit you, well, if they do hit you, the whole wave is now on them, you might even be able to use that and punish them.

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    Yeah, early on if you get too aggressive the archer minions in the back will kill you. You can use this against your opponent if they go on the offensive as well however. That's why more often than not you'll see the duo lane concentrate more on lane clearing and positioning than necessarily last hitting (at least early on).

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    The real problem against solo baka is that his lvl 5 is so strong that he can p. much just kill anyone who isn't prepared. Rushing sprint 2 is one way to get out of his ultimate, but then that is 600 gold you can't spend elsewhere. The cripple+true damage is just too much. Maybe solo guardians are tanky enough to survive, but i dont know. In general, just watch for his lvl 5 spike and play super passively. Particularly if he gets to 5 first.

I've taken down an equal level Bakasura with Ymir; but that can be a pain if the freeze doesn't hit.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Add me as a friend if you are playing this on Xbox (gamertag same as forum name). I just got a code and played it a bit this weekend.

I stuck to co-op conquest. I played as Hel, Athena, Freya, Nu Wa, Kali, Bastet, and Artemis. I eventually found a good rhythm with Hel and played her the most. She seemed really powerful at pushing and I liked her ability to either support or do damage. But after reading a bit, everyone says she's garbage? (the one game I played with Bellona was ridic. She is crazy OP, btw)

I'd like to dive into Versus sooner than later so I don't pick up any bad habits and I'll probably stick to playing on the weekends so I can pick any God I want. If you want to show a noob the ropes or be a bunch of noobs together, send me a friend request and we can play some games this weekend.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Hel isn't garbage. She is fine. Her problems are:

-She has no real escape, so not a whole lot she can do if she gets ganked. Lots of mages have this problem though.
    -When folks start buying anti healing items, particularly weakening curse, it really shuts down a major part of her toolset.

Steam
  • Options
    I don't get why they didn't just wait and put the post-balance changes Bellona into the xbone version

like, theoretically the one advantage the console version would have for being behind is that you have an excuse to wait and see how things pan out on the PC version before deciding what goes live on console

• Options
    New patch notes tomorrow by the way. New god!

I wonder how ridiculously op this new god will be.

Steam
  • Options
    I don't get why they didn't just wait and put the post-balance changes Bellona into the xbone version

like, theoretically the one advantage the console version would have for being behind is that you have an excuse to wait and see how things pan out on the PC version before deciding what goes live on console

I'm assuming that means she's nerfed on the PC? What did they do?

• Options
    They nerfed her healing on her 3 a great deal. Also nerfed her passive in some way.

Steam
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Regarding Hel, she doesn't have a good spot to go in Conquest. You can't really put a mage in solo lane; their weak early game means you'll likely get invaded, and you'll almost certainly lose lane and possibly die to the enemy solo laner. She doesn't fit well into the midlane, as her clear requires her to get close to the wave, which puts her at risk of poke from the enemy mid laner, and she doesn't bring big AoE damage to contest mid harpies. She's also too squishy to play support.

The delay on patches is due to the certification process required by Microsoft. HiRez submits the finalized patch to Microsoft, Microsoft does tests and once the patch is certified, releases it. The problem is HiRez doesn't have access to the patch during the testing period, and if they wanted to re-submit the patch (to tweak numbers or something), they'd have to wait out the testing period again. So even though the patch on Xbone is being released after when it was released for PC, it was likely finalized about the same time as the PC patch.

• Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    @ObiFett I'm adding you to my friends list. Any other Xbox one players? My wife and I have literally been studying how to play this game, we aren't great but we at least understand most of the meta. If we could get a steady team together that is willing to learn it would make us oh so happy.

• Options
    I have one other friend that plays with me. He loves MOBAs so he got really into it the first time we played. What's your gamertag? (so i know to accept the invite)

• Options
    How's the VOIP on XBOne? Downloading right now and I might derp around on it for awhile after I get off at 8:00PM.

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
  • Options
    I usually stay out of game chat. I was in a party the whole time I played. I assume the game chat is fine?

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    DrDinosaur wrote: »
    Regarding Hel, she doesn't have a good spot to go in Conquest. You can't really put a mage in solo lane; their weak early game means you'll likely get invaded, and you'll almost certainly lose lane and possibly die to the enemy solo laner. She doesn't fit well into the midlane, as her clear requires her to get close to the wave, which puts her at risk of poke from the enemy mid laner, and she doesn't bring big AoE damage to contest mid harpies. She's also too squishy to play support.

The delay on patches is due to the certification process required by Microsoft. HiRez submits the finalized patch to Microsoft, Microsoft does tests and once the patch is certified, releases it. The problem is HiRez doesn't have access to the patch during the testing period, and if they wanted to re-submit the patch (to tweak numbers or something), they'd have to wait out the testing period again. So even though the patch on Xbone is being released after when it was released for PC, it was likely finalized about the same time as the PC patch.

Hopefully it doesn't end up being a repeat of the MNC patches, which took months to get through cert.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    DrDinosaur wrote: »

Hopefully it doesn't end up being a repeat of the MNC patches, which took months to get through cert.

MS is much faster than they were back when MNC (what an amazing game) was out. Patches go through really fast.

• Options
    How's the VOIP on XBOne? Downloading right now and I might derp around on it for awhile after I get off at 8:00PM.

It is solid but there is an occasional bug where a member of the game party gets muted. Leaving the party and rejoining fixes it. One other downside is you can't talk to each other in the game party while at the home screen or waiting in queue. Unfortunately this means most people use the Xbox party feature and then they can't hear or be heard by people not in their Xbox party.

@ObiFett I am "The Accualt" on Live.

• Options
    Observations: Matchmaking is... not good.

I am... not good. My win rate is like 33%, tops. Woo.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options

Question 1; Xbox or PC?

Question 2; Are you in the PA clan? Should help with grouping up. Something I should do more.

• Options
    upcoming PC patch http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?68767-Rise-My-Minions!-04-28

PTS testing should start soonish, due to go to the live client in a week

• Options

Question 1; Xbox or PC?

Question 2; Are you in the PA clan? Should help with grouping up. Something I should do more.

1) PC

2) No, should go about fixing that.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options

Question 1; Xbox or PC?

1) PC

2) No, should go about fixing that.

PAForumWangers, tag [PAFW]. Open for applications, AFAIK.

• Options
    upcoming PC patch http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?68767-Rise-My-Minions!-04-28

PTS testing should start soonish, due to go to the live client in a week

Goddamnit Hi-Rez. I'm gonna have to buy that Bastet skin aren't I. :razz:

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
  • Options
    So I picked up Hercules and his white lion skin, and Ullr's red cloak outfit because fuck you I like Ullr.

On that note, I was told "anyone but Ra!" when I locked him in for a Joust match, with only 'he's not strong' given as a reason. I thought with Hades and Medusa's pretty solid CC, Ra's lack of CC wouldn't be an issue, and we'd benefit from his huge pushing potential and heal.

We won handily, even though Hades built mostly Magic Power with a bit of health.

Any tips on solid Gods to play as a newbie? I'm liking Ra, Anhur, Isis, Hades, Thor and Hercules atm. I want to be good with Ullr and Serqet, but they seem way trickier than the others.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Ra has always been a pretty solid god, nothing really wrong with him.

As an aside, if anyone's interested in watching the high-level play of professional teams, the Spring Split LAN event should be starting in about a couple of hours at 3pm Eastern on www.twitch.tv/smitegame.

• Options
    Ra is a great choice in basically every situation, I don't know what those other dudes were smoking

• Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    RaMerica is the only choice in basically every situation, I don't know what those other dudes were smoking

FTFY

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    so the remodel for the Arena map was shown off during the spring fling

it looks cool, but they went the cinematic trailer route so it's hard to suss out if there are any mechanical changes

• Options
    so the remodel for the Arena map was shown off during the spring fling

it looks cool, but they went the cinematic trailer route so it's hard to suss out if there are any mechanical changes

From what Bart said in the most recent IGN Godlike podcast, he mentioned something about traditional arena-type monsters taking place of the normal buff camps. Don't know if it's just a model change or if they'll have new mechanics.

• Options
    3v3 Joust on Xbox is the bane of my Smite existance. My wife and I are pretty terrible at it compared to Conquest, Arena, and Siege. Just something about that tiny map turns me into the worst player. Also it seems there are a lot more pre-made teams in 3v3 aaaaand everyone always takes Bellona. I cannot wait for her nerf patch to land on Xbox.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Applied to the clan. Let's get to bashing God's PA