As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SMITE: Now on PC, Xbone, PS4... and Mac!

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Accualt wrote: »
    3v3 Joust on Xbox is the bane of my Smite existance. My wife and I are pretty terrible at it compared to Conquest, Arena, and Siege. Just something about that tiny map turns me into the worst player. Also it seems there are a lot more pre-made teams in 3v3 aaaaand everyone always takes Bellona. I cannot wait for her nerf patch to land on Xbox.

Postpatch she is still picked all the goddamned time and is somehow still kicking so much ass.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    3v3 Joust on Xbox is the bane of my Smite existance. My wife and I are pretty terrible at it compared to Conquest, Arena, and Siege. Just something about that tiny map turns me into the worst player. Also it seems there are a lot more pre-made teams in 3v3 aaaaand everyone always takes Bellona. I cannot wait for her nerf patch to land on Xbox.

Postpatch she is still picked all the goddamned time and is somehow still kicking so much ass.

Her kit is rad and we'll put together. I have a hard time judging the scourge AA range though

• Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »

Her kit is rad and we'll put together. I have a hard time judging the scourge AA range though

Is she at least manageable, though? Like currently she hits stupid hard and is seemingly impossible to kill unless you have multiple damage dealers and geared specifically to counter healing & attack speed. It is unbelievable. When I get killed by her I just want to scream at the people using such an obviously broken character. I'd rather die to Xbalanque at this point.

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    We've got patchnotes coming up this afternoon and PTS going up this evening

4pm Eastern on www.twitch.tv/smitegame

Dranyth on
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The merge website still isn't active, and it sucks that masteries won't transfer over. So much for getting Chang'e to diamond.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    Eh, I kind of agree with the masteries not carrying over. The different control scheme almost necessitates it.

• Options
    Dranyth wrote: »
    Eh, I kind of agree with the masteries not carrying over. The different control scheme almost necessitates it.

I have played Smite with a controller for forever, it's not too different, except for shopping and levelling abilities

• Options
    Well sure, but the vast majority of people haven't and just because you can play a god on PC doesn't mean you can play them equally well with a controller. It makes sense for the masteries not to carry over.

• Options
  • Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »

Is she at least manageable, though? Like currently she hits stupid hard and is seemingly impossible to kill unless you have multiple damage dealers and geared specifically to counter healing & attack speed. It is unbelievable. When I get killed by her I just want to scream at the people using such an obviously broken character. I'd rather die to Xbalanque at this point.

I play her in assault where I usually end up as the tank. The greatest weakness is freezing/stuns/interrupt after starting the hammer. It goes on cooldown and you don't get the massive damage spike from landing (so at top rank it's like 200 damage, instead of 500+). Mages are also much more effective than assassins or hunters (the disarm ability is great; save so many teammates with it).

I usually don't (or can't due to teammate god draws/item choices) go attack speed or damage; usually tanky. They nerfed the 'aura'/AoE of the banner, but that is like a wristslap nerf; I use the ult for damage/stun, not to hang out in the banner zone. They should add 10 to 15 seconds to the ult (possibly remove 2 s every rank to keep her end game if desired) and slightly nerf the base damage on the hammer.

But I'm not sure what conquest looks like with her and maybe there's other stuff wrong there. If they based decisions on joust or assault, Ah Puch probably would have had his ult/body spam nerfed.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    I'm slightly behind on my promos, but this is a pretty good one:

Managed to pick up both Medusa and Ah Puch's voice packs with the 200 something gems I've accumulated from daily login bonuses. I'll end up with 100 on Sunday, but I already own Fenrir's dance emote, so I'm not sure what else I'd really need.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    The new hero is pretty crazy. All of the dashes and shotgun acorns.

Don't suppose anyone has a spare key for the xbox?

• Options
    GikenGiken Registered User regular
    Crazy assassin squirrel that brings new items and fun to the mix. I like his abilitys and the mix of utilites you can get out of his nut item. Bt the ult can be annoying when you just want to jump on someone. Having to jump 3 times is good for escaping, but i hat it when someone is right under me and i cant touch them.

• Options
    Giken wrote: »
    Crazy assassin squirrel that brings new items and fun to the mix. I like his abilitys and the mix of utilites you can get out of his nut item. Bt the ult can be annoying when you just want to jump on someone. Having to jump 3 times is good for escaping, but i hat it when someone is right under me and i cant touch them.

I noticed there's text about cancelling it midair but I don't know how to apply that in any situation

• Options
    GikenGiken Registered User regular
    Interesting, i only played one practice match with him but didnt notice it. Maybe i should look into it more, it would make sense that you could cancel it before all 3 jumps.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    hi-rez just sent me two xbox one beta keys and I don't have an xbox one

anybody want them?

• Options
    This guy would like one

@ThatDudeOverThere

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Just started this on xbox 1. Ah Muzen Cab is probably going to be my goto simply because he has the Cthulhu skin.
    I'm assuming my plan for him is just hives every where to spread the fun BEES!

Also does anyone know if you can earn free gems on the X1? I did some of the surveys on their site but it doesn't seem to be transferring to my account on the console :(

• Options
    Just started this on xbox 1. Ah Muzen Cab is probably going to be my goto simply because he has the Cthulhu skin.
    I'm assuming my plan for him is just hives every where to spread the fun BEES!

Also does anyone know if you can earn free gems on the X1? I did some of the surveys on their site but it doesn't seem to be transferring to my account on the console :(

Gems won't transfer. The only way I know of to get gems on XB1 is the login bonus or to buy them. I could be totally wrong, though, because I loathe the console version and barely touch it.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    So are they introducing a second set of gold/legend/diamond skins or are they just scrapping the old designs?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    i just noticed that an xbox one founder's pack ($29.99 for all gods current and future) is being offered. i was originally waiting to try and get into the alpha to try and test this out but that is pretty tempting. is smite worth it if i find LoL and and DotA (original) as fun as watching paint dry but enjoy heroes of the storm, monday night combat, and guardians of middle earth?

• Options
    I'd say "Play the game and see how you feel a month or two from now." but apparently the founder pack will eventually go away (the PC version, the God Pack, never left the store).

TDOT is not real keen on League and Dota, but he loved the Monday Night Combat series, and he's of course a huge Smite fan. So that's someone with tastes in line with yours.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I'd say "Play the game and see how you feel a month or two from now." but apparently the founder pack will eventually go away (the PC version, the God Pack, never left the store).

TDOT is not real keen on League and Dota, but he loved the Monday Night Combat series, and he's of course a huge Smite fan. So that's someone with tastes in line with yours.

thanks!

i guess that would coincide with a milestone regarding alpha/beta/live status? i'll admit i haven't followed too closely so i dont know. is there a specific date the founder's pack goes away?

• Options
    I don't have an Xbox so I'm not following the beta super closely, but I think it goes away after launch?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    would make sense. quick google search didn't return anything but it's probably listed somewhere

• Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Never played a MOBA before but after a couple days of the Xbone version I think I'm hooked.

Still barely know what I'm doing but having fun playing bit matches while I figure it out.

• Options
    So are they introducing a second set of gold/legend/diamond skins or are they just scrapping the old designs?

Bellona and Anubis are the first of the new style of gold/legendary/diamond skins. The idea is that other gods will be converted to this style where appropriate. There are a couple here and there that might not work with the new style, Fenrir comes to mind since he doesn't wear anything, maybe Rataroskr as well when he gets his. Perhaps Arachne, but they could still make her upper body mostly her 'skin' color and her spider body would take on most of the gold/diamond color. Not sure there.

• Options
    fans have been requesting this change for a long time, and it's understandably going to take a while for them to be implemented

• Options
    Been playing a lot of HotS and it got me itching to play Smite again (Cupid's upcoming Bee skin and the new Zhong Kui didn't hurt). Turns out, one of the new guys at my job plays, so we paired up for a few matches tonight. Arena, MotD, and 4 joust matches. Won all of the matches except for 2 of the Jousts. Guess I'm not as rusty as I thought I'd be.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Any tips or strats for the God of the Bees. I want to rock the Cthulhu skin all day. Playing against the CPU I do...decently but I feel on the Xbox I could probably change the items and the skills around for a better overall loadout.

• Options
    Any tips or strats for the God of the Bees. I want to rock the Cthulhu skin all day. Playing against the CPU I do...decently but I feel on the Xbox I could probably change the items and the skills around for a better overall loadout.

He gets a lot of free attack speed from his hives if you can keep them properly shielded from enemies killing them. Itemwise I normally get Devourers glove then a couple of big crit items (make sure to toss boots in there). As long as you get Physical damage, critical chance and attack speed with penetration later on for tanky peoples you're fine. Do damage and don't die.

I like to level his skillshot damage ability first, for both harass and waveclear. The increased Movement speed and Attack speed from hives is pretty sweet, but so is the increased slow on your honey. It's one of those where it depends on the game what to level next

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    so on the xbone, is there any way to actually see what god roles your teammates picked, i.e guardian assassin warrior etc? My god knowledge isn't enough to tell what they are via portrait so i have no idea what role they are... and no one ever talks

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    You can press Left Stick to call out the roll you want, that is the super nice thing to do. The higher rank you get the more people actually do this.

In general if they have a blue border and look beefy they are Support. If they have a blue border and look like a frail little mage they are 9/10 going Mid.
    Red and look like the melee? Jungle. Red and look beefy? Solo (or support if no beefy blue). Red and pew pew? Duo ADC or Solo.

In other news my wife and I play Smite every night starting at about 8:00MT. We are crazy hooked. Feel free to send "The Accualt" a friend invite. We aren't amazing but we are pretty solid now and keep working to improve. We are all for helping people understand that game as long as they don't just rage about how "XYZ is such bullshit, waaaa" because that is super annoying.

Accualt on