As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wildstar] "We Have the Best Shit" Open Beta now Live!

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Just want to say welcome to all the new people joining us in our adventures on Nexus!

... before we stomp on their spirit and crush their souls in PVP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkSFIWzi7aA

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Just want to say welcome to all the new people joining us in our adventures on Nexus!

Thank you!

Uh... thank you? <3

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Not to worry, the stomping, crushing, and lamentation doesn't start until June.

• Options
    So apparently, solo players can still get in on warplot action. When they queue up, they're labeled "mercenaries" and grouped into open warplot slots for warparties that don't have enough members

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    thats cool, i kind of hope they eventually branch out and do some smaller warplot type deals, because i think its an awesome idea, but would like to see some 10v10 warplots as well, just because it can be difficult to get 20+ people together unless you are a zerg guild

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    I kinda think the super weapons are meant to break up the large zergs. I haven't seen enough recorded warplot matches to see them come into play yet. and nobody has the really fancy plugs either.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular

No, I want to recruit them for this weekend.

EVERYONE friday night, yhear?

• Options
    The_InfidelThe_Infidel Registered User regular
    So, Friday night liw level PVP shenanigans? So down with that....

We gonnna use the Teamspeak?

• Options
    I thought we were using the PA vent, they did make a WS channel.

I have both though so whichever. I planned on getting my mic working to be able to talk too so yeah. I should be in rare form.

I should be able to start at 9. Its aimed at the 6-14 bracket, so you can power a guy to 6 real fast to get involved (that takes less than an hour if you rush it). The money you get from pvp is enough to get your skills at least.

I also will be streaming because I want to make some youtube vids of it and thats the easiest way I can do it.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I thought we were using the PA vent, they did make a WS channel.

I have both though so whichever. I planned on getting my mic working to be able to talk too so yeah. I should be in rare form.

I should be able to start at 9. Its aimed at the 6-14 bracket, so you can power a guy to 6 real fast to get involved (that takes less than an hour if you rush it). The money you get from pvp is enough to get your skills at least.

I also will be streaming because I want to make some youtube vids of it and thats the easiest way I can do it.

Which server and faction are people congregating on for this, it sounds fun. Dominion on Nexus?

• Options
    Should be dom nexus yeah, unless anyone wants to do it elsewhere?

I figured if anyone already has a char around 10-14ish on nexus they might wanna do that. But if most of us are making new chars anyway, it might not matter where. I am making a new char.

• Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    I think i got a chua healer i could roll on this pvp action friday night .

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Chua medics unite!

Probably just going to play a rock man warrior or something, save my healer for launch date marriage if it comes to that.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Playing in the 6-14 range puts you pretty limited on skill set and such ya?

I've only played to 9 on my Engineer which is hardly anything to really understand much of what's going on, but I'm guessing low level PVP comes down to making sure I'm using my CC type skills and such. I might very well be down for this if I'm around, but I suspect I'd be futzing around with my wife, especially since this is such a big set of changes we're going in to.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Not as much as you think. You get a good set of skills by 11-13ish. You will have 4 assault, 2 support and 1 utility by level 6 alone. Level 9 adds another of each category. That is enough to do something with. Basically, it can be simplified into saying you get what amounts to a cookie cutter build - not enough to play around with, but a very solid foundation. I think you also get your 6th slot pretty early too.

The only major weakness is tank classes can't really tank because you don't get the stance for it till 15. Healers heal great though. Actually all the healers should really take 1 of their support skills even as damage (well, not so much spellslinger). Esper should be taking bolster because its a free PP builder. It just so happens to also be a solid HOT that will keep them alive very well. Couple it with concentrated blade (both are instant and off the GCD) for like 4 free PP nearly instantly. Medics should be taking dual shock for solid healing ANd damage, and later (level 13) I say you have to take triage because it makes you almost win every single 1v1 you get into (and survive any major fight if you can go find some cover). The fact that before tanks get something other than assault stance medics are the only ones not running around with cloth level resists and the fact triage gives them their 25% more damage absorbed by shields buff makes them the hardest to kill class in these low levels.

Also, everyone, I mean EVERYONE, gets their primary and most reliable CC/interrupt at level 3. So there is no lack of control options this early that is for sure.

Amps and tiers though, yeah, it sucks. You pretty much take the AP or SP amps based on your playstyle first then the CD reduction ones. Anything after that is pretty much a meh choice (you will be very unlikely to have any good t2 amps available unless one of the ones available to you from pvp vendors is worth meh points spend in the hybrid trees). Tiers are only 10+ and will only let you put 1 point into anything. So you put it into your best dps skills and do slightly more dps.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    this is exile based right ?

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    I think we were thinking dom on nexus, but if everyone wants to go exiles and all start over thats fine with me. Im making a new char either way doesn't matter where or what side.

• Options
    if were gonna go Dom thats fine by me, i dont think I will have level 6 by 9pm est.

• Options
    Starts at 9, going as long as anyone can stay up (I am going to try my best to at least stay up till 12 EST hopefully more.)

But if anyone else has any imput, feel free. Any side pref?

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Hmm...I might join in as well.

Course I need to redownload vent, taking orders is much easier that way. But I do not have a mic and that is fine.

All I do is rage on it. :p

How is Spellslinger healing anyways? Think I only have a 6 but Exile, and Esper healing with only Bolster was rather meeh (I think lvl 9-10 more support skills open up) compared to Medic--though you're right about Bolster being a solid PP builder.

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited April 2014

I've only played to 9 on my Engineer which is hardly anything to really understand much of what's going on, but I'm guessing low level PVP comes down to making sure I'm using my CC type skills and such. I might very well be down for this if I'm around, but I suspect I'd be futzing around with my wife, especially since this is such a big set of changes we're going in to.

11 is the level you want to reach.

By 11 you've unlocked 5(ish, might be 4 and then the 5th is like 12 or something) skill slots, and you've opened up your alternate builder/second build option (tank/healer instead of straight DPS). This is pretty universal, but someone will probably push their glasses up their nose and correct me with some triviality.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    I pushed my glasses up, but I have no idea of the numbers because we can't log in :(

I think you get your 6th slot by 12 or something though, I remember having 6 pretty early (def before 15)

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    You get my Kai.

Brofive.

• Options
    Aaaaaah one more day! Help!

• Options
    I do have a warrior on dom who is lvl 10 I believe but haven't played him in a couple betas.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Cassians are the first time I've wanted to roll a human. So smug.

But...Chua

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I got a code from TenTonHammer this morning, if anyone is still looking for one, you can try there.

captaink on
  • Options
    So did anyone else notice that the warplots epic drop was two parts? Apparently the second part hasn't happened yet so that's a thing to speculate about

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Yeah, at first I thought it was just a reference to dropping your Warplot, you drop yours and they drop theirs.

I just wonder what else they could reveal since drop 1 seemed pretty thorough.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TINtamBz9qA

Interview with J. Gaffney. I could listen to this man talk about mmos forever.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I can't wait to pewpew this weekend.

Has anyone here tried the mouselook options currently available?

Are they good?

Do any of them allow left click to be mapped to an attack?

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Fuck, servers go live at 10am Eastern?

I have to be leaving for class then.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options

Are they good?

There's an addon called Deadlock Reloaded that basically more or less mimics TERA's mouselook control scheme. I'd give that a try if it's updated but you could probably force it to load. Should be up on curse.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »

Are they good?

There's an addon called Deadlock Reloaded that basically more or less mimics TERA's mouselook control scheme. I'd give that a try if it's updated but you could probably force it to load. Should be up on curse.

The one on Curse is called Deadlock Extended.[/nitpick]

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Are they good?

Oh yea that name sounds like it's the one I read about before.

Sounds like just what I need.

Are there any available through the ingame add-ons?

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Have the devs commented on the kind of mods that can impact dungeon design? I always felt, after the success of Boss Mods in WoW, that Blizz sort of let that mod run the show and got lazy with raid and dungeon design.

I mean, mods are inherently interesting, and I dig that they can change UI and stuff, but having a mod that becomes almost manditory for end game stuff kinda rubs me the wrong way.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    You know what was an awesome mod that really defined 40-man raiding?

Decursive.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Ugh, yeah, that kind of stuff

• Options
    kind of hard to do that kind of stuff with the way combat works. Something can probably be set up as a notification but I don't think there's a way to truly ez mode it because of how abilities are aimed. Heals and cleanses are set up to hit multiple targets anyway in most cases so it's kind of a pointless endeavor.

• Options
    reVerse wrote: »

Are they good?

The one on Curse is called Deadlock Extended.[/nitpick]

yeah that thing!

This discussion has been closed.