As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TF2] Comic #4 Out Now!

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    I forgot to ask in game, but did anyone have any FPS drops on the latest Glassworks? Specifically around final?

Yes, but I was having issues with framerate the whole time, so I'm not sure how reliable that is. And also the fact that there tends to be a lot more stuff onscreen when you're fighting over last. But I was dropping from 30 to about 10 when pushing last.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Yes I noticed a tiny dip. It wasn't huge and I only noticed when we were exploring. It didn't bother me in action.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I forgot to ask in game, but did anyone have any FPS drops on the latest Glassworks? Specifically around final?

I had some, but my computer is butts. Actually noticed it more outside around second.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I had no FPS dips anywhere myself. Everything seemed fine other then that one time some of the metal textures turned checkerboard purple and black.

I also really like the crystal idea, especially with the laser cannons. Really gives people a good, subtle sense of both the Glassworks name and what they are actually fighting for here visually, which in this case is giant laser cannons and the crystals that make them.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    I had no FPS dips anywhere myself. Everything seemed fine other then that one time some of the metal textures turned checkerboard purple and black.

I also really like the crystal idea, especially with the laser cannons. Really gives people a good, subtle sense of both the Glassworks name and what they are actually fighting for here visually, which in this case is giant laser cannons and the crystals that make them.

So if the crystals are part of the process by which the lasers are made... cp_crystalmethod

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    I wasn't sure if I was going to or not, but I sort of thought of having it "turn on" on final capture and having it zazz the area a bit. Events on win are always fun, right?

• Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    Make it a disco club and force everyone to conga.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    xzzy wrote: »

Now I have an idea for a map set inside a massive disco with opposing VIP sections leading to red blue underground spy lairs.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

Now I have an idea for a map set inside a massive disco with opposing VIP sections leading to red blue underground spy lairs.

I really like the idea that Red and Blue teams both put their secret lairs in the same discos without realizing it

and then engaged in all out war once they realized what happened

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »

I really like the idea that Red and Blue teams both put their secret lairs in the same discos without realizing it

Just as planned.

-The Administrator

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »

Just as planned.

-The Administrator

The map that my roommate's been working on, which I plan to pass along to Mavers as soon as he gives me an RC, is more or less based on this concept.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    My favourite question from last night: "why did you über the congaing scout?"

@ZS

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    There is nothing in that video that in not amazing.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    My favourite question from last night: "why did you über the congaing scout?"

@ZS

I DESERVED THAT KILL HE WAS ABOUT TO DIE

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    curse you, tdot, and your making me watch dumb sfm videos well into the night

http://youtu.be/Hczse0P51jc

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    If you guys want to watch a thing, there's a showmatch going on live here in a few minutes. The engy Gaberoll has been a big supporter of Glassworks and is the leader of the team who wants to face us on Trainsawlaser eventually.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    can I lobby that we put the still from cartoon horse program on the HonC MoTD? I feel it'd fit our tone much better

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I just subbed in a gold/ platinum pickup game as Heavy on Glassworks. I was only in about half a round , but I didn't suck, woo!

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    can I lobby that we put the still from cartoon horse program on the HonC MoTD? I feel it'd fit our tone much better

What still is that?

• Options
    edited September 2014

What still is that?

the thumbnail

you know, the one you see before you click play

I just didn't want to say 'thumbnail' because it's not technically a thumbnail but that's what people call it anyway

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    The correct term is MOTD, that's what TF2 has always called it, and that's what we've always called introductory messages when connecting to a server.

If you disable HTML display it won't show up. Disabling downloads might prevent it too, not sure.

• Options
    The correct term is MOTD, that's what TF2 has always called it, and that's what we've always called introductory messages when connecting to a server.

If you disable HTML display it won't show up. Disabling downloads might prevent it too, not sure.

No, I mean 'thumbnail' in reference to the image on the video, not the MoTD. (I did say MoTD in my first post on this matter.) The 'not proper term' thing was because a thumbnail is supposed to be a small preview of a image, which the images at the start of videos doesn't really classify for because that image can be totally unrelated to the video (which is something krunk has a tendency to do).

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Glassworks Beta 7 Released!
    Download here (bz2)

Changelog:
    Map Changelog
    Beta 7-
    Lowered second capture zone to disallow capture while standing on surrounding walls
    Added missing health/ ammo to Blu side
    Fixed reflections issues (added more cubemap ents)
    Fixed visible nodraws
    Started optimizing lightmaps
    Adjusted lighting

Beta 6-
    Fixed missing clipping/ prop symmetry
    Detailed final building interior! Finally!
    Detailed final building! This was so much work it deserves two spots in the changelog
    Added custom props created by Aly for the map
    Adjusted detailing all around map
    Added new railing in upper lobby
    Moved health/ ammo at final
    Added small health/ ammo on mid (ramp buildings next to center)
    Minor timing tweaks
    Massive lighting pass
    Adjustged color correction
    Added in spectator cameras
    Easter eggs!
    Optimized fucks given counter-- wait wrong map

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sDwyZCljoQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAVJWUTQ69I

Screenshots:
    B7-1.jpg
    B7-2.jpg
    B7-3.jpg
    B7-4.jpg
    B7-5.jpg
    B7-6.jpg

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    Map Changelog
    Beta 7-

Is good. The fire extinguisher at the second spawn drove me mad with the way the reflection would just swap once you were close enough.

• Options
    Map Changelog
    Beta 7-

Is good. The fire extinguisher at the second spawn drove me mad with the way the reflection would just swap once you were close enough.

Yeeeeah..,. I totally didn't fix that. I think that's just a think the extinguisher does. I know exactly what you're talking about, the ones in front of final do the same thing. It's actually the level of detail of the prop changing as you get closer/ further away and it's lowering it's poly's so the round shape is changing to somewhere where it reflects differently. I might axe them because of this.

• Options
    Deleting props is never a bad idea anyways.

I know you want to have an epic shadow of the crystal laser thingamajig falling across the CP, but I still think in the long term you'll have to consider turning the lightmaps down a bit, that shadow is created by sunlight and it's the only place in the entire map where the shadows are that sharply defined.

It looks a bit out of place, really.

And now you understand why lighting is a much more important job than stupid baby stuff like clipping. :rotate:

• Options
    Pfft lighting is super easy, I did it all in like 5 seconds and I'll fix it in 2. Didn't even compile first, just set it in and it worked.
    Oh god lighting is such bullshit help me

• Options
    Map Changelog
    Beta 7-

Yeeeeah..,. I totally didn't fix that. I think that's just a think the extinguisher does. I know exactly what you're talking about, the ones in front of final do the same thing. It's actually the level of detail of the prop changing as you get closer/ further away and it's lowering it's poly's so the round shape is changing to somewhere where it reflects differently. I might axe them because of this.

Unacceptable!!!
    heh, table

• Options
    pro level concept art for the final prop:
    rzgHoJ1.png

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Looks like a robot uterus, Crash

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    That prop is going to get spammed in so many half-ass custom maps after Valve buys the map from you.

• Options
    Isn't it ironic?
    Don't you think?

• Options
    No, it's definitely a uterus.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, just FYI I probably won't be around for HoNC this week. Won't be getting back from this trip till friday evening and I'm going to be dead tired.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Don't you just sit by your sentry anyway?

This discussion has been closed.