As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Runnie's Replace's WHUMP! COMAK Thread

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    McFlynn wrote: »
    Have you had Burger King's nuggets recently? Not chicken fries, but actual nuggets? They're extreeeemely similar to mcnuggets now.

I had them early last year. For starters they didn't give/offer me sauce, so I left before I realized there wasn't any

But there was a massive amount of breading on them, the kind you find on sweet & sour chicken at a chinese buffet, except it was more breading than chicken, pretty oily and got gross to eat after a few.

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    That does sound gross.

I had some this summer and they were almost identical to nugs. Even if they had offered you sauce, none of BK's sauces taste good with nuggets. They're more to dip fries or put on burger sauces.

Still, I'd go to McD's before BK for nugs.

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    The McD's here is selling Chicken Bites. They're chunks of chicken breast meat in nugget covering. They are so good.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Falx wrote: »
    The McD's here is selling Chicken Bites. They're chunks of chicken breast meat in nugget covering. They are so good.

what is 'here'? Because that does sound good

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod

A local place where I live does that, and it's great stuff. I could eat those nugs every day. They also have the best fries in town, which helps.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    A duck! wrote: »

A local place where I live does that, and it's great stuff. I could eat those nugs every day. They also have the best fries in town, which helps.

Facilities in my general location also undertake this practice. It's sooooooooo gooooood.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    I like these personally

quorn-chickn-nuggets.jpg

He does too:

Julie-Persons1.jpg

• Options
    You shall not pass:

Julie-Persons11.jpg

On these delicious vegan nugz

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Triple Blind nug test!

Its the same as the double but you also listen to Third Eye Blind the whole time.

Triple blind is actually a term already. The review committee don't have know which groups are test groups and which were control.

I don't think anybody has ever actually performed such a test though.
    Do do do do do do do

Do do do do do do do!

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Dear fatty thread:

zu3QSCn.jpg?1

I now have diabeetus.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    CHICKEN FRIES

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I have eaten eighteen chicken fries and my left arm hurts is that bad

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Just means you should have balanced it out with using your right arm

• Options
    edited August 2014
    So more about my food exploits

For a long time, Aldi carried Maruchen Ramen. You know what that is

But they hate carrying brands that aren't their own, so after I moved, I discovered they have released a store brand ramen

So I figure "This is probably just Maruchen rebranded." I hate Maruchen now, despite how it used to be my favorite. I find it mushy and bad. But I decided to try the Aldi brand anyway (Chef's Cupboard they call this one)

I chose the chicken, expecting to hate it. Imagine my surprise to find that, for instant ramen, it's actually quite good! Even when it's overcooked, it's more slick than mushy. I would put it on par with something like Sapporo Ichiban

So yeah, good stuff!

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    But your chef boyardee knockoffs are still terrible, Aldi. They used to be good. Then you changed.

Get it together

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    I don't even understand preferring nugget mush meat over real chicken breast strips.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    You ever put other stuff in your ramen? Say, leftover meats like ham, or crack an egg in before you add the noodles to the boiling water? Green onions are good too.

• Options
    I never said I preferred it. It's cheaper, and in my opinion, McNuggets are the best form of processed chicken on the market.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    You ever put other stuff in your ramen? Say, leftover meats like ham, or crack an egg in before you add the noodles to the boiling water? Green onions are good too.

All the time. My favorite is to get some menma from the Chinese market and frozen pork dumplings

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I tried the egg thing in ramen once. I didn't like it :/

I feel like grocery store ramen is way too cheap and brings down the quality of other foods for me

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Aldi, man

Europe's Finest Dark Chocolate my ass

maybe some guy who happened to have the first name 'Europe' accidentally dumped some vaguely chocolateish ingredients into a mixing bowl and decided to sell it to Aldi.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Yeah, I tried the Egg thing a couple times and that just didn't work for me either. Shame, since it looks neat.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

half an onion, a bit of napa cabbage, an egg, and a hand full of matchstick carrots and you're good to go

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    I tried the egg thing in ramen once. I didn't like it :/

I feel like grocery store ramen is way too cheap and brings down the quality of other foods for me

you can fuck it up fairly easily

I recommend going to a legit ramen joint before you give it up forever

if you come over here I will fucking pay for your bowl, and the replacement bowl if you don't like it

(I'll eat the first one if you don't so win/win)

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Hey hey, let's not get hasty. I will never give up on egg in a real ramen bowl!

i hope some day to actually get to eat real ramen

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular

san jose has a japan town

NOT LIKE I WANT YOU TO VISIT... B-BAKA!

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options

This is like..horrifying to a SF bay area Californian.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    I went to a local little Asian market (nothing big or fancy - I mean, this is Iowa) and in the frozen section they had bags of frozen ramen noodles. It was a little more expensive ($5 for a three pack and it does need to stay frozen until use), a little more work, and still instant-y, but significantly closer to real ramen than dry instant packets. Barring a trip to Japan, maybe try that out?

• Options

Also...Nabeyaki Udon

• Options
    I went to a local little Asian market (nothing big or fancy - I mean, this is Iowa) and in the frozen section they had bags of frozen ramen noodles. It was a little more expensive ($5 for a three pack and it does need to stay frozen until use), a little more work, and still instant-y, but significantly closer to real ramen than dry instant packets. Barring a trip to Japan, maybe try that out?

I'll keep an eye out. there's a huge asian market in Charlotte I love going to

I wish I were an eccentric billionaire. i'd buy the place and fix it up into a proper chinatown. the parking lot is a disaster

• Options
    Cabezone wrote: »

This is like..horrifying to a SF bay area Californian.

that's why I'm trying to get his butt over here

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    also, I really want to hang out with him

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    i don't have any money to travel :/

• Options
    or.. pay bills

• Options

I'll keep an eye out. there's a huge asian market in Charlotte I love going to

I wish I were an eccentric billionaire. i'd buy the place and fix it up into a proper chinatown. the parking lot is a disaster

the parking lot is a disaster. authentic at least

• Options
    or.. pay bills

we have closet space you can rent

very cheap

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    money fucking sucks

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    oh man dream time. if i could turn that place into chinatown, i think there's an abandoned movie theatre next to it. i'd open that and have it show Honk Kong films on one screen and Japanese films on another (and maybe anime on a third)

hold on, going to close my eyes and fantasize for a while

• Options
    Professor FuzzlesProfessor Fuzzles Not a furry, just sayin' FuzztopiaRegistered User regular
    If you mean a blind test between Jack or McD's nuggets, I would be able to tell from the breading alone, but the filling would be easy too

I might have a tougher time between Jack and Wendy's, but I think I could do it. Burger King would about make me vomit, so that would be easy. And Chic Fil A is chicken tenders pretending to be nuggets

Liquidize them? Then you just decide on taste alone.

Oh man I made myself feel queasy just typing that.

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    McNugg Milkshake.

This discussion has been closed.