As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Runnie's Replace's WHUMP! COMAK Thread

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    McFlynn wrote: »
    McNugg Milkshake.

New item on the McD's menu, the McNugGlug.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Grab a delicious McNog - now with "real" "chicken"! - at Christmas.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I have tried almost every instant ramen out there.

This.

This is the best.

tumblr_lwvybvJ0Dj1r5ggvoo1_500.jpg

Don't let the "vegetarian flavour" put you off, it doesn't matter. These are AMAZING. Put seasoning in bottom of bowl, boil about half as much water as they say (maybe a cup to a cup and a quarter) heat the oil in the water, pour it all on the noodles, cover the bowl for five minutes then send me checks because you're all so damn thankful I told you about this great ramen

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    WHOMP! wrote:
    J4zS3kF.jpg

Closely follow these steps for protecting yourself against a potentially damaging fall : 1) Realize you're falling. (Important!) 2) Resist the urge to project hands forward. Hold them to your side. 3) Use the immense girth of your midsection as one of the few advantages that have been afforded to you in an otherwise cruel life, along which we all shuffle together until our roughly simultaneous demises.

The latest WHOMP! reminds me that I have learned to fall by twisting my body to roll onto my back.

I learned this as a child when I would make movies of my friends and I and we needed to preform "stunts" like jumping from a moving bicycle.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    This is how I broke both my wrists. In separate incidents.
    The second time, my right arm had clearly learned its lesson because it flew way up out of the way while my left arm boldly sacrificed itself.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    My big problem with falling is that most often when it happens, I'm in a theatre holding popcorn.

Damn irregular sized and spaced stairs.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Last time I went to the theater I saw guardians of the galaxy and we saw it on those cinemark XD screens and they had what felt like la-z-boy chairs in there.

Floors were still gross though.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Psykoma wrote: »
    My big problem with falling is that most often when it happens, I'm in a theatre holding popcorn.

You'd think they wouldn't have stairs in a place designed to compromise your vision upon room changes

edit: Hey, why the heck is the lobby so bright anyway?! They should give your eyes time to adjust, and then the concessions menus and movie posters would seem that much brighter!

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    The arm thing was a true story though. Neighbor really did break both her arms from trying to catch her fall. She's not even that old

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    Psykoma wrote: »

You'd think they wouldn't have stairs in a place designed to compromise your vision upon room changes

edit: Hey, why the heck is the lobby so bright anyway?! They should give your eyes time to adjust, and then the concessions menus and movie posters would seem that much brighter!

cineplex has this VIP movie theatre thing here.

They have waiters who bring you snacks and drinks in your seats (up to 5 minutes before previews start), and I feel that's very good and needs to be implemented everywhere.

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    On one of my Grandma's many trips to Ireland she tripped on an old cobblestone pathway and broke an arm and gave herself a nasty black eye. She didn't tell us the whole story at first and simply said that we "should have seen the other guy" when we picked her up at the airport.

Apparently when she went back the next year, the tour guide was still telling the story of the nice old lady that beat up the sidewalk.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    On one of my Grandma's many trips to Ireland she tripped on an old cobblestone pathway and broke an arm and gave herself a nasty black eye. She didn't tell us the whole story at first and simply said that we "should have seen the other guy" when we picked her up at the airport.

Apparently when she went back the next year, the tour guide was still telling the story of the nice old lady that beat up the sidewalk.
    If you were in the tour guide's position, would you ever stop telling that story?

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I bought the ingredients and made breakfast burritos (or more accurately, breakfast soft tacos because i can't fold burritos)

nothing will ever be as good as I remember mcdonald's breakfast burrito being. It helped a bit that I used taco bell taco sauce though

the big surprise was how Aldi's italian sausage links are cheaper than their not-italian sausage roll. I just open a link and brown it like regular sausage

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    Falx wrote: »
    The McD's here is selling Chicken Bites. They're chunks of chicken breast meat in nugget covering. They are so good.

what is 'here'? Because that does sound good

South Africa, specifically Cape Town but I think it's a nationwide thing.

• Options
    The McD's here is selling Chicken Bites. They're chunks of chicken breast meat in nugget covering. They are so good.

I hear the drumsticks echoing tonight~
    but she hears only whispers of some value combination~

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular

I hear the drumsticks echoing tonight~
    but she hears only whispers of some value combination~

i only wish i could love this more

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Tried some fried chicken on a stick at the CNE today.

It filled me with utter disappointment.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    hey

since i moved, the grocery store closest to me has the cheapest beer in the city

currently on can #2

yesterday i finally got around to watching thor 2. the loki transformation sequence made me laugh harder than i've laughed in a long time

how are you guys doing

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    hey

since i moved, the grocery store closest to me has the cheapest beer in the city

currently on can #2

yesterday i finally got around to watching thor 2. the loki transformation sequence made me laugh harder than i've laughed in a long time

how are you guys doing

About six deep in bourbon, watching Psych. Giving myself high-fives every few minutes for support. Just tried to eat my cell phone because I thought it was an ice-cream sandwich. About to have some more bourbon and start practicing my spin kicks for my Chun-Li cosplay later this year at the con that only happens in my bedroom, invite only. Last year, even I couldn't get in.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular

Update: Have started construction on a blanket fort using my all the blankets in the apartment - roommates and my own - using some dowels I stole out of a dumpster earlier.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
  • Options
    How I'm doing:
    62360d9fee4bc4d93560d802c7b0f95e.jpg

• Options

Update: Have started construction on a blanket fort using my all the blankets in the apartment - roommates and my own - using some dowels I stole out of a dumpster earlier.

Update two: Massive collapse.

No survivors.

• Options
    Do they haunt the unfinished fort or the dumpster and linen closet?

• Options
    Do they haunt the unfinished fort or the dumpster and linen closet?

Ironically, the linen closet is also unfinished, so they're splitting their time. They're surprisingly cheerful. Calling it a time-share, but I suspect they'll get sick of both each other and the location within a few months.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    hey

currently on can #2

how are you guys doing

girding my loins for having no time this fall

also listening to nostalgic video game OSTs on youtube while answering emails

had a double quarter pounder yesterday....was decent enough, hadn't had mcdee's in at least 4 months

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    Update three: Have 'Rude' by Magic! stuck in my head, considering joining the ghosts to escape this torment.

• Options
    now i need some good tunes for can #3 and finishing up tomorrow's whomp

maybe i'll just listen to this on loop for the next hour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc7r_B0ZWDY

• Options
    This song is scientifically* proven to enhance concentration.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUDqQSwdBjM

*never tested on humans

• Options
    thank god, i finished my comic before beers finished me

Water You Doing

2014-08-29-Water-You-Doing.jpg

alt
    It's not as simple as dressing up to leave my room, Agrias. When a person who is practically a stranger in your home sees you emerge from a door, that appearance becomes that which defines you to that person. You go for one thirst-quenching Shasta, and to this person you're suddenly ''The quiet guy who I think hates me and forgot I was here when they loudly practiced singing the theme to Evangelion.''

• Options
    i'm happy that mary and i are neighbors on the hiveworks mainpage

FPECPz8.jpg

i wish we was real life friends except she lives in japan and i live in jealous

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    hiveworks has really grown hasn't it

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    now i need some good tunes for can #3 and finishing up tomorrow's whomp

maybe i'll just listen to this on loop for the next hour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc7r_B0ZWDY

in a similar vein:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wygLNFdUgtw

RxI0N.png
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    i'm happy that mary and i are neighbors on the hiveworks mainpage

FPECPz8.jpg

i wish we was real life friends except she lives in japan and i live in jealous

Dude, me too!

Which street are you on?

Maybe we can get together and envy each other while lamenting our self-perceived flaws sometime?

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    thank god, i finished my comic before beers finished me

Water You Doing

2014-08-29-Water-You-Doing.jpg

alt
    It's not as simple as dressing up to leave my room, Agrias. When a person who is practically a stranger in your home sees you emerge from a door, that appearance becomes that which defines you to that person. You go for one thirst-quenching Shasta, and to this person you're suddenly ''The quiet guy who I think hates me and forgot I was here when they loudly practiced singing the theme to Evangelion.''

My problem in these situations, as someone who thinks far too much about how other people see me, is that I feel that by walking out of my seclusion, past these guests, and then back behind a closed door, I am stating that "no, I and whatever I am doing in privacy are far better and more important than you people". I'm fine up to that point, but the ol' anxiety kicks in and tells me that making my presence known and then going back is one colossal snub to these people.

I have gotten better at dealing with this in recent years.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    But... but whatever I am doing in privacy is far better and more important than those people.

McFlynn on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    But... but whatever I am doing in privacy is far better and more important than those people.

Oh I know that, but as long as I'm contained within that cocoon of privacy, they never have to think about it. By leaving, making my presence known, then returning to it, I am showing them just how special I am, and how little I care about them.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Internet repair guy took ten seconds to go "yup, you have a problem."

Wish doctors could do that.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I had a problem where my internet was dropping a hundred times a day (literally. 5+ times an hour). It would seem to do better at night, and barely dropped at all during winter. Had tech guys come out several times, got several modem replacements - did everything. At one point I was begging the tech guy to figure out what was wrong. (Of course, the internet NEVER went down when someone was actually working on it.)

I ended up searching the problem and found that sometimes there's a metal contact that expands and contracts in the heat when it's damaged or old. However, I was so afraid of making the tech guys mad at my self-diagnosis, I didn't say anything. One day, we finally got a tech guy that came out and said "Oh yeah, contact's bad. Expands and separates in the heat." And didn't have a problem since.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Hey hey, let's not get hasty. I will never give up on egg in a real ramen bowl!

i hope some day to actually get to eat real ramen

http://www.ramen-yamadaya.com/location.html
    The San Diego location should be open by now. I assume you go to Comic Con? Next year punch it into your google maps or yelps or what have you.

They specialize in tonkotsu which, for anyone who may not know, is basically broth with melted butter in it.

This discussion has been closed.