As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Elder Scrolls Online] Tamriel Unlimited now on XB1 and PS4

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Thats a fair point.

Was thinking about two handed or bow for my secondary. Bow seems more natural for a nightblade but I do like the feel of a giant hammer on my back.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Try out the weapons before you commit skillpoints to them, I wasn't really a fond of how the bow worked.

• Options
    Damn..you really run out of space fast in this game.

Even after deconstructing, filled up both my bag and bank in record time just picking up stuff around town.

• Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

Even after deconstructing, filled up both my bag and bank in record time just picking up stuff around town.
    Yeah, inventory space is one of the major money sinks in the game. Cooking materials are especially good at cluttering up your inventory.
    Making storage alts at some point is recommended, as bank space is shared by your characters, so you can transfer stuff between them without paying the mail fee.

• Options
    Also I know I posted my character but my account name is Dr_Chaos if thats whats needed to throw me an invite to the guild.

• Options
    Aww shit...I think I'm becoming addicted to this.

Been taking my time, just drinking everything in and loving it.

Please don't tell the cool kids I said that. :(

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Aww shit...I think I'm becoming addicted to this.

Been taking my time, just drinking everything in and loving it.

Please don't tell the cool kids I said that. :(

Welcome aboard. ;)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Get the "cheap" horse, spend 250g/day to increase your inventory size 1 per day.
    Not having to play inventory triage all the time for the entire levelling experience >>> saving money and only getting the expensive horse weeks down the line.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Glal wrote: »
    Get the "cheap" horse, spend 250g/day to increase your inventory size 1 per day.
    Not having to play inventory triage all the time for the entire levelling experience >>> saving money and only getting the expensive horse weeks down the line.
    Sounds like a plan.

I really need one anyway. Cyrodiil is awesome but damn is it really making me rethink my "no horses needed" mantra.
    That giant protecting the skyshard is bullshit. How the hell did you migrate all the way down here, you goofy bastard?

Took me forever to cheese my way up there by hopping the cliffs to death before I realized there was a path.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    Make some bank alts and park them at the bank. Some people even name theirs so they know what they hold. I laughed when I saw "Crafty Bank Wench" standing next to me.

Then you get to have the fun of shuffling things around between them when needed.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Well the game is on 50% this weekend on Steam ($29.99 USD), which made me consider it briefly until I remembered the basically necessary Imperial Edition, which is only 40% discounted ($47.99 USD), basically just enough to make it worth purchasing over the regular version + separately sold Imperial Uprade.

These continued shenanigans with the Imperial version, my 'meh' feelings from the beta (very similar to what Dr. Chaos talked about), and the general deadness of this thread tell me that it's probably not a worthwhile investment for me, but others who are thinking about getting into ESO might be intrigued, so I thought I'd post.

• Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    I'm still enjoying the game quite a bit. If anyone's considering the game, they should take advantage of the sale. Don't let the lack of PA forum interest dissuade you.

Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Game has totally converted me though.

I'm now completely fucking obsessed with the thing.

Still probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone thats not a hardcore TES fan but it got it's hooks in me rather easily once I let my guard down. I burn out on MMOs after about two to three months though so we'll see.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    I've picked this up now it's on steam (plus that discount, standard edition), enjoying it so far.
    Do you need 2GB of VRAM for high quality textures? I have 1GB and it'll only let me select medium textures. Everything else is maxed out.

Also the fog is pretty bad, I'm sure Morrowind had better draw distances.
    It does look pretty good at times though, of course nothing like Skyrim modded with an ENB:
    1024x640.resizedimage

Any recommendations for UI mods? I got a Minimap and SkyShards so far.

How I mine for fish grind for gold? The cheapest horse is hella expensive.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    You'll want the lorebooks add on if you're into finding collectibles.

Some big updates coming up.

Imperial City, New Blackmarsh zone, facial animation tweaks, veteran system overhauled into champion system, Spellcrafting, justice system akin to previous ESO games where you can steal items around town and kill NPCs and getting caught causes guards to confront to pay a bounty. Also players will be able to pursue you for those bounties if you get away.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Quickest way to make money is to just do quests. Don't expect to get that horse all that soon either, the game makes you work for that mount.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    @Pixelated Pixie‌ Can I get a guild invite? TESO username is almost the same as on Steam,
    @Cyd0nia

I picked Daggerfall Covenant, if that matters (I always play Breton).

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    @Pixelated Pixie‌ Can I get a guild invite? TESO username is almost the same as on Steam,
    @Cyd0nia

I picked Daggerfall Covenant, if that matters (I always play Breton).

@Zilla360 - I just built a new computer and am still in the process of reinstalling everything, so I don't have TESO available right yet. If one of the other officers doesn't get you an invite before I get reinstalled, though, I'll send it your way. :)

Also, cheers at Daggerfall Covenant. My two mains are a breton and a redguard. ;)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    You'll want the lorebooks add on if you're into finding collectibles.

Some big updates coming up.

Imperial City, New Blackmarsh zone, facial animation tweaks, veteran system overhauled into champion system, Spellcrafting, justice system akin to previous ESO games where you can steal items around town and kill NPCs and getting caught causes guards to confront to pay a bounty. Also players will be able to pursue you for those bounties if you get away.

Whoa.

Once the summer's over I'm resubbing. I had to cut mine off temporarily for financial and time reasons. It was not something I was happy to do.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The crime system is good news since that will really help the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood questlines and be able to play up the charm of them from previous games abit more when they finally get around to them.

Not all that fun to assassinate some guy or rob him blind if theres no chance of getting caught.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I just picked this up on the steam sale after reading about how much its improved. Installing now, gonna take a while though at 42 gigs lulz. Anything i need to know outside of what is posted on the start of the thread? Is the guild still around?

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    If you want to craft armor/weapons, start early as the 8th trait for each item takes 24 days to complete with the reductions, and you only get 3 slots. So to just get 8 traits on all the heavy armor will take almost 3 months after getting 7 traits on everything.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    So I downloaded 40gb on Steam overnight, booted it up all excited to play and...

50% complete patching. Holy cow, there have been quite a few patches, huh? Moderately annoying, hopefully I get to play tonight.

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • Options
    Fuckin provisioning ingredients, man.

They consume empty space in my bags, banks and alts like a fat kid at Chuck E Cheese.

Still, totally worth it to finally have cooking be a thing in these games.

• Options
    Fell through the floor standing on a tavern's balcony, discovered you have to pay gold to use the /stuck command. :neutral_face:

I needed that gold!

• Options
    arakis99arakis99 Registered User regular
    Are they ever going to address inventory space or the lack thereof? I know it wasn't a big deal for some folks. However, some of us found the current system extremely problematic. While I had some quibbles with other aspects of the game, the inventory management was the central reason I left the game.

• Options
    arakis99 wrote: »
    Are they ever going to address inventory space or the lack thereof? I know it wasn't a big deal for some folks. However, some of us found the current system extremely problematic. While I had some quibbles with other aspects of the game, the inventory management was the central reason I left the game.
    Probably not.

Something cash shop related but other than that, they would probably just say thats what the bag and bank upgrades are for. Like the horse prices, It's intended to be a gold sink so they're probably not too concerned with it.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I have been playing for a few hours now and I am really enjoying this, I played Wildstar when everyone was going crazy about it when it first came out and it bored me, but this game is grabbing me a lot more than Wildstar did, probably a lot to do with the combat and first person view and the customization. I'm not seeing why there is so much hate for this game, i'm liking it a lot. Maybe i'm just the target audience for this? Either way, hope it continues to be fun times as I go. Is the guild still active? Or is there a guild I can join? I added some folks from the list in the OP.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm actually drawn into completing each zone and it's been a relatively comfortable and enjoyable experience so far. Usually when I'm playing an MMO, I try to force myself to finish a zone even after I've outleveled it before I just say "fuck it" and leave a bunch of stuff undone but this game has awakened the completionist inside me. I suppose it helps that I actually care about the world of Tamriel and it's lore compared to something like WOW or Guild Wars. I'm invested in it in a way I'm usually not with these sorts of games. It's also one of the more solo friendly experiences I've had in an online game. Grouping is fun but if you want to just go it alone, it's interesting enough on it's own so far which is surprising.

I erect the spine of eating crow. This game is awesome.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Quickest way to make money is to just do quests. Don't expect to get that horse all that soon either, the game makes you work for that mount.
    Do quest rewards scale with level? Like will I ever get more than the 80 to 150 I'm getting per quest now at level 6?

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Do quest rewards scale with level? Like will I ever get more than the 80 to 150 I'm getting per quest now at level 6?

Yep. It goes up slowly.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Fell through the floor standing on a tavern's balcony, discovered you have to pay gold to use the /stuck command. :neutral_face:

I needed that gold!
    I was like this for ten minutes asking random players to friend me so I could escape for free, no one helped:

FQfik6H.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Who should i add to get into the guild? My account name is Elimination

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    There's ways to minimise it into a minor inconvenience. Don't try to minmax horses and just get the cheaper one, then toss 250g/day into inventory upgrades. Due to the nature of MMOs those "eh, it's just extra slot per day" will add up, I had +110 slots total on my main at the point when I took a break from the game.
    Also, stop picking up food ingredients once you max out cooking (which I did within a week or two of playing, I had so much of it thrown at me from looting barrels), unless you want to craft something specific. Food mats take up a ridiculous number of slots once tiers start overlapping, don't vendor for enough to be worth carrying and they nerfed food vendor prices soon after release, so it's not worth crafting unless you're going to use it.

I feel they should change how food mats drop- there should be a clear break between continents/areas/zones and you just straight up stop getting one tier of food material and get the next. That way you don't get the unmanageable mess that is "oh, you now get two tiers of materials. Enjoy losing like 50 slots to them".

Glal on
  • Options
    pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    Huh, so this seems like multiplayer Skyrim when I'm on Skype with a friend. That is not a bad thing.

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • Options
    I've got the game re-downloaded and patched up. I'll get on tonight after work and get guild invites out to whoever needs/wants one still. Message me or post here with account name if you need an invite.

I've already got @Elimination and @Zilla360‌ on my list. Anyone else?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I was a little surprised to hear the game has like 700,000 subscribers.

This is a good surprise, hopefully they've been putting that money to good use.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    arakis99arakis99 Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    There's ways to minimise it into a minor inconvenience. Don't try to minmax horses and just get the cheaper one, then toss 250g/day into inventory upgrades. Due to the nature of MMOs those "eh, it's just extra slot per day" will add up, I had +110 slots total on my main at the point when I took a break from the game.
    Also, stop picking up food ingredients once you max out cooking (which I did within a week or two of playing, I had so much of it thrown at me from looting barrels), unless you want to craft something specific. Food mats take up a ridiculous number of slots once tiers start overlapping, don't vendor for enough to be worth carrying and they nerfed food vendor prices soon after release, so it's not worth crafting unless you're going to use it.

I feel they should change how food mats drop- there should be a clear break between continents/areas/zones and you just straight up stop getting one tier of food material and get the next. That way you don't get the unmanageable mess that is "oh, you now get two tiers of materials. Enjoy losing like 50 slots to them".

Good advice on inventory management, some of which I was already following. Not picking stuff up, however, is soooo hard for me. ;-) I would pay RL money to add space.

I really enjoyed parts of ESO. ESO is a mixture of great design decisions and compelling content marred by wtf decisions e.g., The central bank used by all of your characters should be much larger. All imo and ymmv (obviously).

I enjoy reading how PAers are doing in the game. I would like to give the game another couple months of my time if the opportunity arises.

/relurk

arakis99 on
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    I'm moving and will be busy packing/unpacking for a couple of weeks, but I look forward to getting back into this game.

Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    Details on the dye system.

I'm going to be a technicolor nightmare.

This discussion has been closed.