As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Elder Scrolls Online] Tamriel Unlimited now on XB1 and PS4

• Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    I'm having a lot of problems with crafting, mostly obtaining ingots? How do I get more of them? I just seem to find them randomly laying around in places but I can't figure out how to get more than just finding the odd one laying about.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I'm having a lot of problems with crafting, mostly obtaining ingots? How do I get more of them? I just seem to find them randomly laying around in places but I can't figure out how to get more than just finding the odd one laying about.

Dismantle stuff. Also you'll find ore near rocks, frequently on beaches.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Fixed lycanthropy? Some of the trial teams dragonknights are using it because there is some setup that builds ultimate while being in wolf form and they can go nuts.

And vampirism is big because of the cost reductions in stage four.

On finding ore, it stood out enough I never put points into the skill which caused it to glow at a distance. But if you are having trouble spotting ore in the wild, maybe try that skill? You really do want to gather ore and refine it. It sometimes gives you upgrade materials and items besides just ingots. Also getting the hirelings can be useful. They will deliver you some ore and other junk daily.

Speaking of hirelings, has anyone else had a long period of them just giving you garbage? I haven't seen anything above a green item and usually just one to three whites in the mails. Have all three skill points in the ones giving me crap. Two blacksmithing, one woodworking and one enchanting. Three weeks worth of garbage right now.

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    I have been dumping recipes in the PA bank. Not finding any motifs lately, but a number of different recipes. Even found three of the rank 6 and one rank 5 provisioning purple ones.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    I've unsubbed now until they fix the client crashing, maybe update 4 will fix it.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I just read the update 4 notes that were published and its starting to look (to me anyway) that they are no longer in "oh god oh god the game is on fire must fix it now!" mode and are actually starting to improve gameplay and balance issues.

Might be time to throw $15 at this and re-evaluate. Rumor has it that it's doing pretty poorly in subscription numbers, but since when did popularity even closely resemble quality? (Never, that's when.)

26904.png
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I tend to use the game's thread on this board as a barometer of quality. Granted, every game gets abandoned eventually, but the good ones tend to maintain a community who generally continue to post in the thread even if they are just talking amongst themselves. I noticed this thread fall flat on its face not too long after release in terms of post activity, which was a sign for me that I made the right decision in not buying in after I found it pretty 'meh' in beta.

Not to say the game isn't worth playing for those who enjoy it, that's just a standard I've found that works for me.

• Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    I actually liked the game a good bit, but until Veteran ranks are retooled completely and I have assurances that the regular freezing for a few seconds, then continuing on bug has been addressed, I'm done. And given that the bug hasn't been addressed since it cropped up in beta, I'm not expecting much.

• Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    That's too bad that you're still getting that bug, Vincent. I had the bug during beta but I haven't been affected since the first month it was released. I'm getting back into the game again. I've been busy with moving/unpacking and got sucked into XCOM: Enemy Unknown for like a week straight but now I'm getting "back in the saddle" of my fancy-pants Imperial Horse. I'm loving the new dye system, guild enhancements, and PvP changes. The shorter campaigns and consolidation of them makes your contribution feel more significant and there's less concern about "ghost town" PvP campaigns.

Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Coming soon: Loyalty rewards.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Here's a pig for people who are playing this game
    Loading...?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    That's one empty pig. :(

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Sorry I only had one code from PAX. You might have some luck else where :D

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I'm level 8 and am finding the game way too easy. Does it ever get harder? I'm punching two levels above my weight right now and still yawning, and that's with random gear and an almost random build

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Yep, it gets harder.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    This thread doesn't move a whole lot. Is the game basically dead, or limited to just a couple committed folks?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Can't speak for others, I'm just waiting for their thievery/PVP-in-PVE changes to go in before returning. Still on a post-MMO burnout after Wildstar, not in a hurry to play another right now (though I really enjoyed my time in ESO).

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    I still play, though the constant Group PVE updates is getting old as I am primarily a soloer. Want solo PVE zones Zenimax!

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    when do these so called group PVE zones start because I am finding the low level content to be pretty overtly solo oriented

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    when do these so called group PVE zones start because I am finding the low level content to be pretty overtly solo oriented

VR Ranks. You get to go to Craglorn, and now Upper Craglorn and run 4 person open world content.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Oh hey, update four is out.

I would re-sub but October is going to be crazy for new games coming out, plus ArcheAge is tempting me to try it when it comes back to steam.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Thinking about picking this back up again on my next paycheck. Is the guild completely dead, absorbed into some other guild, doing just fine, or what?

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Last I checked, Pixelated Pixie and folk were still playing. My subscription just lapsed, however.

• Options
    There's just a few of us playing with any regularity, it seems.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I was on the fence about this game in the first 10 levels but I've really taking a strong liking to it.

I'm impressed at the perceived level of challenge in the dungeons (BC is super tough at level 13)

And I adore the crafting system. I am currently playing a DPS/Tank hybrid Templar

my character is AD so i could probably join the guild

Jasconius on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    I am thinking about starting this one back up again. I saw the new updates that looked nice, and i enjoyed how solo/pick up and play friendly this game was for someone who doesn't always have a ton of time to game. I found the "grind" to be non existant as the quests were a bit more interesting than most.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    The new upper Craglorn content requires a pretty good group to complete. Some of them take a bit of time to complete, like the Gray Menhir quest chain. Visit six or eight delves with two hour timer. New content is fun.

Still playing myself, although I have to cut back a bit now. I think gripping the mouse tightly while running Dragonstar Arena is causing old wrist damage to flare up again.

• Options
    level 17 haven't run into any quest bugs yet. have had a few loading screen crashes though. overall this game is above my expectations.

PVP seems awesome but I haven't found anyone yet to fight. But the idea behind the zone and the daily quests is quite nice. And the rewards are solid

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    So I resubbed to this. 15 Dragonknight. I still feel soooo weak, which was my original issue with this game. This is my current solo build: http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/eso-skill-calculator/dragonknight/?calc=1253.1290.1329.1332.1341.::1247.xxf=0.0.0w7-0

Any suggestions on what I can do there? Is the answer just better gear?

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    What do you want to do with your Dragonknight?

Myself, I was a Pyromancer more or less.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I want to slice things in the face with a sword. As hard as possible.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Hard to go wrong with any of the trees for that really, you want to go one-hander and shield or a big ol' two hander? Dual wielding? Ardent Flame has a lot of nice close-range fire based attacks, Draconic Power has a lot of self-buff and defensive abilities, Earthen Heart is a mix between some buffs and CC.

Overall your build looks fine, but you'll wanna add some armor-related skills at some point. Maybe think of using another Ardent Flame ability instead of the chains for PvE.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    magic based AOE has been my bread and butter DPS with templar

doesn't really matter what I am wielding. currently doing sword and board. can pretty much fight 3-5 levels above me before I start feeling trouble

being able to buff myself 100+ beyond the soft armor cap doesn't hurt though

Jasconius on
  • Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I still haven't opened my box from Amazon. I'm just waiting till I get bored of EQ2 since I finally got my account back.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    So I'm probably going to let my sub lapse. I haven't even logged in now for a couple weeks. I just have too many games and I'm trying to juggle about 4 MMOs too.

Is there anyone active who would like to take the guild leadership title? I mean, it's mostly meaningless anyway, but somebody still has to get around to doing the sigil and whatnot.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Anybody?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    *Flunch* Man that is a little depressing. I enjoyed the game myself, but it felt daunting feeling near finished leveling but then realizing I'm only 1/3rd of the way done.

• Options
    I could try to take it again Pink. I am still logging on, but my connection here isn't the best. Seems to be a slide show most often.

I usually only see one or two others online at any time.

• Options
    @grouch993‌ - I think I tried to give it to you once, but it said you are already leader of another guild. Or maybe it was someone else... my memory is not great!

I'll poke in game and try to catch you though!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Yeah, at the time I was given leadership of another gaming group I was in. Since everyone bailed on me I dropped that guild to pick up a crafting guild. Big mistake. At least the other way I had a 500 slot bank nearly to myself...

This discussion has been closed.