As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Elder Scrolls Online] Tamriel Unlimited now on XB1 and PS4

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    New crown store items:

ff5d991bae79f69e03b377397caa15c3.jpg
    ae2760d3184178c8217f1fabc4041c5f.jpg

Fuuuuuck yeah!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Oh man, those are good.

Game needed more costumes suitable for a mage.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    One of my favorite game moments so far:

Did the quest in Grahtwood to help the Circus performers and when the Magician was doing her show I sat down on the ground in front of the stage and reacted with emotes to the show along with the audience.

real simple, but man it got me.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Game needed more costumes

FTFY

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    I'm hoping they team up with KFC and make an in game Colonel outfit

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Jigglypuff510Jigglypuff510 Registered User regular
    I might make a secondary character in the Aldmeri Dominion to join the Guild anyone wanna play tomorrow ?

TbjrD9q.png
  • Options
    This game makes me feel guilty.

"I cannot make you a Vinedusk Ranger, but take these shoulderguards as a sign that we honor you."

"Oh, wow, thank you so much. I'm gonna go tear these apart to learn more about leatherworking, but thanks."

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    This game makes me feel guilty.

"I cannot make you a Vinedusk Ranger, but take these shoulderguards as a sign that we honor you."

"Oh, wow, thank you so much. I'm gonna go tear these apart to learn more about leatherworking, but thanks."

Or, in my case, "I'm gonna go give these to someone you've never met so he can tear them apart to learn more about leatherworking. I can't even be arsed to do it myself."

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I really do need to meet a crafting buddy. So much exp I'm losing out on by deconstructing my own stuff.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Welp, some of the random warm bodies I had in my small 10 member guild left. (no one from here, thankfully). Any other volunteers to help me and my girlfriend out to fill up to 10?

Seriously, this whole "minimum member to get a guild bank" is dumb. I'd rather just pay real world money.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    I've been playing this on the PS4, and I started with the Aldmeri Dominion, finished the storyline, and loved it.
    I've got a lovely (and not stuck-up) Queen, the best and coolest Spymaster you can have and totally loved the Mane quest in the 5th province.
    As a result, I feel in love with the Khajiit.

The I started Cadwell's Silver where I am dropped to experience the war on the side of the Ebonhard Pact.

Fuck my life, those Dunmer are awful! Rewriting history in their favor, summoning Daedra casually, keeping Khajiit as slaves, yes, I'd rather wanted to terminate my questgivers and free the slaves than do anything for them...

I wonder how the Nords and Argonians are going to be...

The game isn't easy when I decided to make a crafting character first, armed with a bow; most of my skill points are in the crafting, though now I've spent a few points in some combat skills at least I can kill a little better.
    But why oh why does most of my research take 6 or 12 days, or even longer? (Currently researching 2 things at 24 days).
    At least I can make some dinky craftable sets :biggrin:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    The Mane questline was fantastic. My sort-of-but-not-really-regret was picking to help the sister with the good voice actress because man, she broke my heart a couple of times.

• Options
    Meant to imprison a jerk in a ghoulish body, was gonna try to talk to the tortured soul of his son that he wanted me to imprison in that body, accidentally doomed the child to a lifetime of pain in that body.

Heh.

Whoops.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Yeah, throw me an invite to Arcadian Acquisitions and Pax Arcadia. My account name is (at)Hahnsoo, and I usually play on "Remington Cat".

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I've been playing this on the PS4, and I started with the Aldmeri Dominion, finished the storyline, and loved it.
    I've got a lovely (and not stuck-up) Queen, the best and coolest Spymaster you can have and totally loved the Mane quest in the 5th province.
    As a result, I feel in love with the Khajiit.

The I started Cadwell's Silver where I am dropped to experience the war on the side of the Ebonhard Pact.

Fuck my life, those Dunmer are awful! Rewriting history in their favor, summoning Daedra casually, keeping Khajiit as slaves, yes, I'd rather wanted to terminate my questgivers and free the slaves than do anything for them...

I wonder how the Nords and Argonians are going to be...

The game isn't easy when I decided to make a crafting character first, armed with a bow; most of my skill points are in the crafting, though now I've spent a few points in some combat skills at least I can kill a little better.
    But why oh why does most of my research take 6 or 12 days, or even longer? (Currently researching 2 things at 24 days).
    At least I can make some dinky craftable sets :biggrin:

Golden Rule of Tamriel: Everyone and everything is awful.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH

When the fish say Use to filet for provisioning, they mean right click and select use to turn it into a filet to use for provisioning!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Just finished Khenarthi's Roost. I love that you can talk to the ghosts in that one temple after you clear it, that's neat.

I forgot how annoying this game was until you got a horse though. God damn, but do I need a horse.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Just finished Khenarthi's Roost. I love that you can talk to the ghosts in that one temple after you clear it, that's neat.

I forgot how annoying this game was until you got a horse though. God damn, but do I need a horse.

Cash shop mounts are pretty cheap considering they're "buy once have for every character forever."

Riding around on a guar never gets old...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options

Cash shop mounts are pretty cheap considering they're "buy once have for every character forever."

Riding around on a guar never gets old...

Yeah I'm just also an underemployed freelancer who works from home without a full time job. The cash shop might as well not exist for me.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Go on a stealing spree in a major hub, you can make like 3-5k a gold with a day's worth of fence sales and the cheapest horse is like 17.2k? It's not nearly the torturous nickel&diming saving up for a horse was before the Justice system went in. Don't waste your fence sales on cheapo 15g gear lying around the place (melt them down if you plan on crafting), use it on the 30g/100g/etc items you pickpocket or get from backpacks and chests. After a while you learn where the chest spawns are and, while they don't guarantee more expensive items, have a better chance of dropping them.
    Oh, and pickpocket near the coastline until you can put some points into making it better. Jumping into the water and swimming away is the best way of losing guard aggro (though I noticed they've been given crossbows, which is mean! They still only fire so far though).

Glal on
  • Options
    Glal wrote: »
    Go on a stealing spree in a major hub, you can make like 3-5k a gold with a day's worth of fence sales and the cheapest horse is like 17.2k? It's not nearly the torturous nickel&diming saving up for a horse was before the Justice system went in. Don't waste your fence sales on cheapo 15g gear lying around the place (melt them down if you plan on crafting), use it on the 30g/100g/etc items you pickpocket or get from backpacks and chests. After a while you learn where the chest spawns are and, while they don't guarantee more expensive items, have a better chance of dropping them.
    Oh, and pickpocket near the coastline until you can put some points into making it better. Jumping into the water and swimming away is the best way of losing guard aggro (though I noticed they've been given crossbows, which is mean! They still only fire so far though).

This is giving me a hilarious mental image of sopping wet thieves, especially since I'm a Khajiit.

... And you just made me realize that the Argonian "move faster in water" trait is, once again, WAY more useful than it seems on first glance o_O

Anyway yeah I've been stealing everything that's not nailed down, crafting or dumping the stuff that's worth less than 30g, and selling the rest... hopefully will have enough gold for the first horse in a few days.

• Options
    TrepperTrepper Registered User regular
    So I've been logging in intermittently for the past couple weeks, but is Pax Arcadia abandoned? I'm on PC if that matters. :/

• Options
    Trepper wrote: »
    So I've been logging in intermittently for the past couple weeks, but is Pax Arcadia abandoned? I'm on PC if that matters. :/

I log in occasionally too and I've been putting recipes / motifs in the guild bank. I just... don't log in very much.

• Options
    I'm leveling a 25 Imp Dragonknight

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    @Trepper

I've got a new baby at home, and have had approximately 0 time for games that cannot be put down at a moment's notice. :D Once things chill out a bit, I'll be back on.

• Options
    I've not abandoned the game. I'm an MMO juggler (right now: Tera, FF14, ESO, TSW). I'll get back around to ESO at some point soon.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    Same. I am currently bouncing between this and GW2.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Tulabelle wrote: »
    Same. I am currently bouncing between this and GW2.
    This is the correct choice. I'm doing the same, though I'm also doing TSW and a little SWTOR (for some reason) as well.
    I've mostly been logging into ESO lately to feed my horse. I need to get back into the swing of things.

• Options
    I really wish this game had player housing

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Player Housing is one of those things in an MMO I see people ask for a lot but I can't even begin to fathom the appeal of.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Player Housing is one of those things in an MMO I see people ask for a lot but I can't even begin to fathom the appeal of.

I want a place to store trophies, and the painting of me high-fiving Queen Ayrenn

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options

Think of it like yet another version of Pretty Pretty Princess, along the lines of getting nicer hats. It's a space where you can show off trophies and cool stuff and decorate your space so you can invite people in and be like "look at my nice-ass carpet, I got it for stabbing a guy."

• Options
    And it'd be cool if you could change the material using materials you gathered in the world.

I want a This Old House Crafting tree.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    After fooling around with player housing in EQ2 and Wildstar a lot I've come to the conclusion that it's just Not For Me. Not because I don't enjoy it in theory, but the nature of its existence in an MMO means that it'll either be functionally useless* or, in case of something like WoW's Barracks, at best limited and time gated the same way the MMO itself is.

* which would be fine, if the game managed to make me care about my house the same way inherently care about the way my character looks, but there's a hard distinction between "something you look at literally 100% of the time" and "some instance that looks kind of like everyone else's instance and both yourself and others need to be specifically invited to even go there"

• Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Everytime I come into this thread I can't help but see that top image as Sean Bean. And I also can't help imagining that the vampire dude below him is explaining his soon-to-be-executed plan for murdering Sean Bean.

I have to say @Glal, I understand where you're coming from but that's odd because I think Wildstar highlighted a number of things done very right in making you care about your home almost like you care about your character. FFXIV did this in different ways, but its all about making the home not only cosmetically very customizable but also incredibly useful.

Wildstar had ports you could put on your plot, it had jumping puzzles and games with rewards. It had resources for crafts, crafting and shopping stations. It...it was the real Wildstar game. And I have absolutely no doubt when it goes FTP I'll waste hours upon hours messing with the neglected homestead. Largely only going out to level and dungeon to see what else I can get and bring back home.

FFXIV has much less customization but the garden, a cheap teleport, ability to throw down a mailbox and retainer bell, as well as usually quick access to a marketboard make it a great place to log out and back in at. That level of visitation coupled with the costumization is probably why I love my FFXIV home almost as much as my Wildstar one.

I haven't played WOW since Mists, but the barracks costumization seems beyond basic and entirely utilitarian. Just seems it has no where near the same personalization and prolly shouldn't really be counted as housing at all.

I don't know, I have to say I love housing. Games that don't use it aren't inherently bad, but the ones that go the extra mile seem to be the ones I gravitate back to the most. I still need to jump back on SWTOR when this next expansion hits, I look forward to trying out the strongholds/homes/bases or whatever it was they have. I just can't see "functionally useless" next to Wildstar's housing and not pipe in. Wildstar did many things wrong, but their housing was about as good as it can get in an MMO, imho.

Papagander on
    “There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Ended up winning a raffle at the Bethesda booth at PAX this weekend, won the Hero's Guide to ESO. I mean it's not something I would have bought but now that I got it for free I can look at it and say they put a lot of work into it. It's super nice looking.

• Options
    Huge patch today for Imperial DLC and lots of other stuff in the main game.being patched. Something like 6gigs.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    NijaNija Registered User regular
    Yay, free reset of skills.

Oh god, I have so many points and I don't want to read all 50+ pages of patch notes.

Priest lvl 110 Warlock lvl 9x DK lvl 110 Paladin lvl 9x Rogue lvl 8x

Steam Me
  • Options
    Nija wrote: »
    Yay, free reset of skills.

Oh god, I have so many points and I don't want to read all 50+ pages of patch notes.

AHHHHHHHH! TOO MANY DECISIONS!

• Options
    Man, game sure is crash-happy for me right now. I think I'll give it a few days to sort itself out, fingers crossed most of my add-ons also get updated in the process (come ooooon research assistant, I need you).

This discussion has been closed.