As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dark Souls 2. Bearer of the curse, seek capes.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    well I was an idiot and used up my first torch before lighting all of those sconces

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    If your shield is constantly up on PC, go through the options menu. There's an option to have it up by default that appears to start enabled.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    well I was an idiot and used up my first torch before lighting all of those sconces

That is entirely unimportant, lighting all the sconces makes the area more brightly lit and nothing more

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Holy buttshits I had no idea that mundane daggers were so powerful. You get the same scaling no matter what weapon it is, so the fastest weapon is best. Also I'm backstabbing people for 1000 damage with my lowest stat at 11.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Fearghaill wrote: »

That is entirely unimportant, lighting all the sconces makes the area more brightly lit and nothing more

well, it also improves lock-on distance.

at least, it does where that matters.

also, you get torches from chests of dropping all the time, one of my guys has like 3 hours worth of torch, right now.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Word of warning to all you fellow PC loonies who play Dark Souls without a controller:

The mouse buttons in Dark Souls 2 are completely buggered. The controls let you bind separate attacks to single- and double-click. Which means that, even if you unbind all the double-click commands and put them somewhere more sensible, there's a HIDEOUS delay on all your attacks while the game waits to see if you're going to click again or not. I had to go into my mouse driver, bind left- and right-click to keypresses, and hide the actual mouse functions on the DPI keys to make mouse attacks work properly (which in turn makes the menus a chore to navigate, but I'm sure we're all used to that by now).

At least camera movement works nicely.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Anyone been able to go online?

Weaver on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    With bent blade I am backstabbing/parrying for 2200-3k

Daggers is broken

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I was online initially, but I got booted off a while ago. I'm not sure if I ever got back on or not, since I'm still in the middle of character customization.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    So, I guess they didn't learn from the console release, or they thought they did, prepared for PC release and completely lowballed their server requirements

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited April 2014

......or is it?

It actually

Peas on
  • Options
    a video game with overloaded servers at its launch???? get outta here

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Gonna stream this right now.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Funny Iron keep image:
    tumblr_n4je7xh8Z81r0r8nyo1_500.jpg
    New headcanon: Iron Keep is actually Laputa 1,000 years in the future

• Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    Were the durability bars underneath your equipment on the console version? I just noticed this.

Also I am amazed at how much smoother the PC version is.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    natek wrote: »
    Were the durability bars underneath your equipment on the console version? I just noticed this.

They were.

• Options
    Moth 13 wrote: »

They were.

I think I need a bigger TV then. 32" just doesn't cut it anymore especially from eight feet away.

• Options
    Still can't get online. And no, never been VAC banned for anything.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Swordsman will be starting soon!

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Thoughts on the rotten:
    seems to me to be Nito but corrupted due to the undead curse. People can't die and Nito can't reform. In dark souls there were four quintessential souls: light, dark, life, and death. It appears the the undead curse is causing an imbalance in the natural order of things.

I guess I'll have to finish the game to figure out what's going on.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    So where is the earliest place I could get a lance

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    heide knight in the bastille

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I am done with helping people with the pursuer. THREE TIMES IN A ROW I was shot down by people using those stupid ballistas. You have two people helping! You don't need those dumb, giant crossbows!

• Options
    I am done with helping people with the pursuer. THREE TIMES IN A ROW I was shot down by people using those stupid ballistas. You have two people helping! You don't need those dumb, giant crossbows!

stop standing in the way.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    git

gud

scrub

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Stupid fullscreen not working. So far, so good though.

• Options

stop standing in the way.

There are two of them! Whoever is shooting them should have a better understanding of the delay in the shooting. At least I got the satisfaction of watching a player who summoned me die once I was shot down by friendly fire.

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Have to say, the game has treated me very well on PC, and i am getting a huge kick out of how much more appropriate the names or for the white phantoms on PC than they were on console.

And so many goddamn white phantoms too around that woods bonfire.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Seriously though, in regards to Persuer
    He's literally your first major Parry practice. it staggers him for like 8+ seconds, which is just enough time to dash behind a ballista, load and fire.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

That one has a spear
    the one just past the shrine of winter has the lance.

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    finally out for pc yay, but I can't play cause I have to study for orgo exam tomorrow and then I will be away for a few days :(

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    It's going to take me a while to get used to the differences in hitstun and whatnot on my character

I dunno if Swordsman was the right path to take

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    He's literally your first major Parry practice. it staggers him for like 8+ seconds, which is just enough time to dash behind a ballista, load and fire.

He never seemed like a boss I could do that on, never tried though.
    I always beat him by understanding attack patterns and rolling.

natek on
  • Options
    edited April 2014

That one has a spear
    the one just past the shrine of winter has the lance.

First lance I'm aware of
    the one you buy from Straid with the Executioner Chariot's Soul.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    i've waited so patiently for the pc release, and now I'm stuck at character creation. I know it doesn't matter but seriously this is the worst part of this game - trying to plan out my character's future.

steam id: vermiculture
  • Options
    edited April 2014

He never seemed like a boss I could do that on, never tried though.
    I always beat him by understanding attack patterns and rolling.

You get a buckler shortly before you ever meet him, I think. It's basically made for that.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I am in a game right now with Link and Guts, taking on the persuer.

Barcardi on
  • Options
    now that PC characters show character name, i think i have to try my hardest to match the NPC naming scheme in dark souls and then make people think i'm an NPC

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    wait, PC characters show the character name? that is interesting.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    gonna make for some awesome theme builds

This discussion has been closed.