As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[mlb] Fake Playoffs Now. Real Playoffs Soon.

MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
edited September 2014 in Social Entropy++
Spring has finally started, so It's time to say farewell to this handsome fella

jeterass_zpsb99bb886.jpg

Meanwhile, Yasiel Puig is RUINING THE GAME with his antics

BVJOkqICYAAlcEC_3f23jegw_1k97nz90_zps8c3a0e5e.jpg

This guy is hiding out in Tijuana until 2015

efefwe_zps382eaaf8.jpg

And Hank the Dog is the best dog

hankthedog_zps3b27fb91.jpg

Maximum on

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    You missed one.

qvspmz0lenqpyq4hhon5.jpg

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Miguel Cabrera hit a home run. Guess I won't cut him.

• FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Well my boys have gotten off to a rough start.

Oh well.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Mark Trumbo is basically my entire offense at this point.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    my pitching has been pretty good this week!

and my offense has been decent?

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I am having a pretty great offensive week (except in OBP) but a lousy pitching week. Shit happens.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Oh and a rain delay fucked me out of a win.

When do we get to replace win as a stat?

Goose! on
  • PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Guys! Evan Gattis finally did things!!!

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Well... Tanaka is a hack.

edited April 2014
    He did better than Yu's first inning in the MLB: http://www.baseball-reference.com/play-index/share.cgi?id=vKYMS

Goose! on
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Oh and a rain delay fucked me out of a win.

When do we get to replace win as a stat?

As soon as you propose a replacement stat and we vote on it next year.

I was all for QS, but that got pooped on rather quickly, if I remember correctly.

I'm fine with keeping wins though, it's historically been a fantasy stat and there's nothing that's all that much better anyway.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i like QS too personally and think it would be way better than W

I don't remember what I said in the past but I'd be ok with QS now. A pitcher could still earn a point for a fantastic performance if a relief pitcher blows it for them.

Makes more sense than wins.

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Goose still wouldn't have gotten a QS from Sanchez so..

Angry on
    Tanaka is killing me.

I'm all for QS but if your pitcher pitches 4 innings and then there's a delay, tough shit.

I lost out on a start because of rain too. You don't hear me bellyaching.

Texieraieira left the game with a hamstring injury. AKA the Jose Reyes

edited April 2014
    Quality start is an even dumber stat than wins, though.

Its like grading a home run based on how far it was hit.

Goose! on
    That...doesn't make sense.

Exactly.

No, comparing quality starts to home run distance doesn't make sense.

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Quality starts just doesn't punish your pitcher for being on a team with a shitty bullpen and focuses mainly on independent stats

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    The Felix Hernandez Stat

• FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Quality starts just doesn't punish your pitcher for being on a team with a shitty bullpen and focuses mainly on independent stats

I think QS would be a good stat for fantasy, superior to wins - though it pretty much kills wins from RP.

Wins from RP are pretty cheap and impossible to predict anyway

• PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    And we are really pumping up RPs anyway with net saves and holds (which don't mistake, I'm a fan of).

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
    If your reliever is getting a win it's most likely because he's blown a hold/save.

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Good game, Pirates.

Or a late
    Angry wrote: »
    If your reliever is getting a win it's most likely because he's blown a hold/save.

Yeah so it's almost like rewarding failure.

I was wondering why the A's game was cancelled last night, since it stopped raining out here around 5pm.

It seems like they forgot to tarp the field the night before, and the infield was underwater....

Hurry up and move the team to San Jose already.

edited April 2014
    Tex is on the 15 Day DL with a hamstring strain.

FortyTwo on
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    FortyTwo wrote: »
    Tex is on the 15 Day DL with a hamstring strain.

It begins.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    I think the thing that should be really scary about the Tex injury is the fact that he seems to have injured himself doing regular baseball activities.

Pretty sure Tex can injure himself making a cup of coffee at this point.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Diamond Dynasty in the The Show is cool as hell but the motherfucker crashes on me constantly.

There's a 100% chance of a total system freeze if I attempt to throw a runner out at 2nd before the ball hits the catchers glove

God Perkins has absolutely killed me this week.

My bullpen will be going through some changes. I already made one move, but I am looking for pen help - Official call for pen help.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    Does the fantasy week end today or tomorrow?

tomorrow, it always ends on sunday.

This discussion has been closed.