As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Titanfall]

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I like the new maps. They do feel very similar in look to the original maps, but play differently which is cool. I might be too used to CoD map packs which are based on pretty gimmicky map ideas like a trailer park, amusement park, drive in, or Areas 51 for examples.

Fun times on the maps although my mic was being touchy and not working a lot.

Finally managed to crush 50 people with my titan falls to get to Gen 9.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    I like the new maps. They do feel very similar in look to the original maps, but play differently which is cool. I might be too used to CoD map packs which are based on pretty gimmicky map ideas like a trailer park, amusement park, drive in, or Areas 51 for examples.

Oh man 50 pilots? Not looking forward to that

• Options
    Damnit can't find any games, on any mode, in any map pack, damn you Australian Titanfall

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I'm going to drive myself crazy trying to get the plasma railgun gooser achievement.

I hate this weapon so much.

• Options
    Prohass wrote: »

Oh man 50 pilots? Not looking forward to that

No, it's 50 anything, which still sucks. Especially since calling in the Titan drop zone isn't super accurate.

• Options
    I'm working with the smart pistol right now for the pilot killing challenge and this might be the thing that breaks me. I have 10 kills over 2 games with it, but I would be dying a lot less often with any other gun in the game. Maybe I'll adapt to this gameplay style sometime, but I don't know. It's infuriating to use in hardpoint when I go to rescue a point and the enemy can use the hardpoint data center thing to break the lock on, while they can keep shooting through it since there's not much solid structure to it.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    The smart pistol really shines in attrition. You get a ton of easy points just running around shooting minions while looking for pilots. When fighting a pilot, make yourself as mobile as possible while waiting for the locks. Nine times out of ten, I'll get the locks before someone can kill me. Also, use enhanced targeting instead of the silencer. It makes a world of difference in head to head situations.

• Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    The smart pistol really shines in attrition. You get a ton of easy points just running around shooting minions while looking for pilots. When fighting a pilot, make yourself as mobile as possible while waiting for the locks. Nine times out of ten, I'll get the locks before someone can kill me. Also, use enhanced targeting instead of the silencer. It makes a world of difference in head to head situations.

Also Amped Smart Pistol. That thing is one of the best weapon burn cards in the game.

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options

I just got the enhanced targeting system and threw it on. Haven't played a game with it yet. Playing with a gun I'm not used to on the new maps probably wasn't the best idea either. I'm not really great at moving on them yet so it's throwing me off.

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    After coming back to it and finding it to have enjoyed some more optimization/bugfixing... goddamn I love this game.

edit:
    And it's good to be back. GAPSwFd.png

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    Waste of fucking $15 on the PC season pass. No community at all, only variety mode if you hate attrition, and it STILL runs like ass. I'm an idiot. Fuck EA and Respawn.

• Options
    Yes, yes! I finally got Pull Harder and I'll never have to use the plasma railgun again! I was fuming the rest of the match because I thought the achievement glitched out on me; it didn't pop until the postgame report.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk5-eIr5rRM

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Actually took the plunge.

So many gen 1s! Was weird.

Did they change the CAR? Feels weird.

edit: isn't just the CAR. it's my aim, which is incredibly loose atm. Will probably play more this weekend. idk.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Yeah unfortunately this is kind of dead in Australia on Xbox One. I've never had to wait so long for matches in a multiplayer game, and sometimes you just can't find anything, anywhere, in any mode,

• Options
    HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Yeah unfortunately this is kind of dead in Australia on Xbox One. I've never had to wait so long for matches in a multiplayer game, and sometimes you just can't find anything, anywhere, in any mode,

PC is almost worse, you get to wait ten minutes for Titanfall to decide this is the best way to decide which hub you're connected to cwm88zQ.png

It's been consistently deciding Australians would be far happier if eleven of us were stuck playing on South East Asia with one person who's actually from there.

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Actually took the plunge.

So many gen 1s! Was weird.

Did they change the CAR? Feels weird.

edit: isn't just the CAR. it's my aim, which is incredibly loose atm. Will probably play more this weekend. idk.

There are a lot of Gen 1s right now. Speaking of which:
    F4EnVkJ.jpg

That was all with a Most Wanted List + Kraber into Arc Cannon titan, btw.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    LionEyezLionEyez Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Oh man that's terrible.

I'm from Europe and don't have a lot of trouble finding matches (I enjoy sticking to attrition). It's just that, when the Frontier DLC was released a few days ago, I couldn't join the regular attrition queue. Not a single player found.

For the Frontier Attrition queue, I was grouped with the highest gen enemy teams I have ever seen. Just as I was levelling my arc cannon, kraber and g2a4

Painful stomps ensued...but at least the maps look cool :smiley:

LionEyez on
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    LionEyez wrote: »
    Oh man that's terrible.

I'm from Europe and don't have a lot of trouble finding matches (I enjoy sticking to attrition). It's just that, when the Frontier DLC was released a few days ago, I couldn't join the regular attrition queue. Not a single player found.

For the Frontier Attrition queue, I was grouped with the highest gen enemy teams I have ever seen. Just as I was levelling my arc cannon, kraber and g2a4

Yikes. At least Kraber only requires like 1-5 kills to unlock stuff.

And the secret with the Arc Cannon is never, ever use the Capacitor. There's no sense in ruining a perfect accuracy one hit kill weapon (if about half charged), and if you don't one hit kill a pilot, a zero charge followup will always, without exception, finish them. I've mained the Arc Cannon since release, and I say in the strongest possible terms you shouldn't use the capacitor.

• Options
    I actually had far more success with capacitor. I just ran around keeping it near max charge until I saw someone.

• Options
    MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    Is everyone playing on the new maps or something? I havn't bought the map pack, but I can't seem to get a game going tonight (I'm in Australia, so I don't know if timezones or areas apply).

3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
  • Options
    Morblitz wrote: »
    Is everyone playing on the new maps or something? I havn't bought the map pack, but I can't seem to get a game going tonight (I'm in Australia, so I don't know if timezones or areas apply).

PC is broken beyond belief, the console versions can be fixed by clearing your cache sometimes.

• Options
    LionEyezLionEyez Registered User regular
    LionEyez wrote: »
    Oh man that's terrible.

Yikes. At least Kraber only requires like 1-5 kills to unlock stuff.

And the secret with the Arc Cannon is never, ever use the Capacitor. There's no sense in ruining a perfect accuracy one hit kill weapon (if about half charged), and if you don't one hit kill a pilot, a zero charge followup will always, without exception, finish them. I've mained the Arc Cannon since release, and I say in the strongest possible terms you shouldn't use the capacitor.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

And yeah, people have said it before, but sniping in Titanfall just feels weird. Whenever I stand still and take an unsilenced shot, I expect to get jump kicked in the back.

• Options
    pawa24pawa24 Registered User regular
    I am in Okinawa, Japan and was trying to get into a game on the One last night but it wasn't finding any. I was also having the same problem with CoD. Well at least with CoD I found a game when I went into Invasion Hardcore mode with all of 100 people playing it. As opposed to Core TDM with 3k people playing.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Getting back into Titanfall after a long break. Lots of fun and the changes they've made all seem for the best. Just wish Emblems were more noticeable or if when you kill someone it shows a player card with your logo. New maps are definitely nice. Good lanes and traffic with lots of paths and walls to climb for flanking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8YZocz7wFA

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    so I took the plunge into PC. haven't had any issues at all finding games on any gametype, but... pretty much constant team-stacking by high ranked dudes using smart pistols farming G1s. Not much I can really do to learn the game at this point.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited August 2014

I just got the enhanced targeting system and threw it on. Haven't played a game with it yet. Playing with a gun I'm not used to on the new maps probably wasn't the best idea either. I'm not really great at moving on them yet so it's throwing me off.

Try silencer with Minion Detector. Just run around shooting bots and taking outside routes. Silencer will put you in a lot of great positions where you pass the time safely locking onto someone's back.

Enhanced targeting system is a bandaid IMO: it will still fail you and you'll curse the smart pistol for not being an SMG or carbine.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    I have to disagree completely. Short of just sitting in a corner of the map, you will end up in head to head situations and not having enhanced targeting makes it likely you'll die before getting the three locks. Unlike almost every other weapon in the game, you never need to stop moving, so you never should. Play like you expect someone to come after your dot on the map. Always be wallrunning or jumping and you'll almost certainly survive a firefight even if someone sees you first.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    also if youre using the smart pistol get really good at whatever sidearm you're comfortable with

I dont know how effective the strategy is, but I even run around with the sidearm out in case im surprised up close, and then just siwtch to the smart pistol when I spot a back or an unaware pilot

Prohass on
  • Options
    Once I unlocked Run N Gun it became easier to smart pistol. I'd still rather have anything else, but only 10 pilot kills left to go.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Bleh, I don't know what the deal is but for I keep getting randomly timed out or the game crashes. I guess I wasn't mean to return to Titanfall.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I have to disagree completely. Short of just sitting in a corner of the map, you will end up in head to head situations and not having enhanced targeting makes it likely you'll die before getting the three locks. Unlike almost every other weapon in the game, you never need to stop moving, so you never should. Play like you expect someone to come after your dot on the map. Always be wallrunning or jumping and you'll almost certainly survive a firefight even if someone sees you first.

In those cases, I fire off whatever locks I already have then ADS-fire the rest of the way. It's not 100% but neither is enhanced targeting.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    so the general PC community is very populated, but does anyone from here play still? it looks like most people here are xbarx but I wouldn't be against running with some PC people instead of by my lonesome most of the time.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Frei wrote: »
    so the general PC community is very populated, but does anyone from here play still? it looks like most people here are xbarx but I wouldn't be against running with some PC people instead of by my lonesome most of the time.

I get the itch from time to time to jump back in, but after a couple of games I kind of get my fill. Nothing particularly wrong with the game, but I tend to burn out of most MP experiences after about 300 hours or so. Especially ones where TDM is the main draw.

I really should try out the new maps though, I mean I did pay for them after all :P
    If I see you online Frei, I'll throw an invite your way.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I'm in the same boat (except I've tried the new maps). I love this game, but regret buying the season pass and should've known better, given the way I play games.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    I still play Titanfall on PC from time to time. But usually I'm lone-wolfing it.

My ID is Degami

XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Sounds good, fellas. I've played Battlefield and Mass Effect with a few of you but I don't know if I have all of you on my friend list. Duchess_Archer on Origin.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    So after more than a month of being dicked around my cable company finally showed up and installed my internet, so I can finally play Titanfall again. Firing it up this is what my new connection gives me to work with.

lvhig1i0df2a.jpg

... I think I can forgive the delay. Now to finally finish up Gen 9, only 20 or so more MVP's. Anyone still playing on the bone?

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    That's pretty rapid for an Australian internet connection!

I'll see myself out.

• Options
    Musicool wrote: »

In those cases, I fire off whatever locks I already have then ADS-fire the rest of the way. It's not 100% but neither is enhanced targeting.

Enhanced Targeting might as well be 100%, almost nobody is going to be able to engage you when you're moving above them at something close to the player speed cap.

I die almost exclusively to RC101s on rooftops out of range, not engagements where I can actually return fire.

• Options
    I had a bizarre match of Titanfall last night. Angel City didn't quite load correctly...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnksXQ-mVz8