As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] Friendship Is Rare!

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    TSN 1290 recently interviewed Kurt Angle on his future in TNA and if he would ever return to WWE. When asked about the subject, Angle said that he is not sure what he would do next and added that he's wide open about staying in TNA or returning to the WWE. He said TNA has been great to him, but he has always wanted to retire from wrestling in the WWE. Angle also added that he will decide about where he ends up in December. Angle thinks he has "at least" five more years in the business, and he doesn't want to retire yet because there are great wrestlers in WWE and TNA he'd still like to go in the ring with.

Sigh

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I don't see the big deal, there. Taz was protected.

Not only was he protected he technically had the match won until Steph distracts the ref and HHH hits a low blow.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    They put up Cesaro vs Cena on the network.

Yep that match is still fantastic.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
  • Options
    MrDapper wrote: »
    They put up Cesaro vs Cena on the network.

Yep that match is still fantastic.

Just watched it. And yes it is.

• Options
    Screw it I might as well take more advantage of the highspots $5 sale and get Evolve 18 and DGUSA Freedom Fight 2012 mostly for them being part of the last unofficial farewell tour for El Generico.

• Options
    The key to remember when watching Evolve and DGUSA is that after the Jon Davis match it's going to get better.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    No Holds Barred is on Netflix now and all of you should watch this horrible movie.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Magell wrote: »
    The key to remember when watching Evolve and DGUSA is that after the Jon Davis match it's going to get better.

Actually the worst part of them is Larry Dallas and how dead the crowds usually are. And I've made fun of Davis before about being one of the most heatless wrestlers around but to be fair his matches don't bother me that much. He had a damn good one in fact with Chuck Taylor I think last year.

• Options
    Well that match had Chuck Taylor in it, they got to use weapons, and Jon Davis lost so it's pretty much the ideal match for Jon Davis to participate in.

Davis doesn't bring a lot to the ring in terms of what he's going to do in the match. He has some decent looking moves, but he just isn't as good as he was pushed to be in DGUSA.

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    what

The best part of the video was in the suggested videos link there's the one where Santino Marella takes a Stunner. Truly the most beautiful thing in the whole world.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »
    No Holds Barred is on Netflix now and all of you should watch this horrible movie.

I'd rather watch the OSW Review of it

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Batista is not currently being advertised for any WWE events following Extreme Rules, so it appears he will be taking some time off.

As we reported when he returned to the company, he was expected to take a break to do promotional work for his next film, Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy", which opens in August.

How ever shall we go on living.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Schedule for this years G1 Climax tournament is out, for those who are interested:
    7/21 @ Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center
    7/23 @ Aomori Prefectural Budokan
    7/25 @ Yamagata Sports Center
    7/26 @ Akita Prefectural Gymnasium
    7/28 @ Sendai Sun Plaza Hall
    7/31 @ Act City Hamamatsu
    8/1 @ Tokyo Korakuen Hall
    8/3 @ Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium
    8/4 @ Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium
    8/8 @ Yokohama Bunka Gymnasium
    8/10 @ Seibu Dome

Schedule is a lot more spread out, probably because last time the roster was shot to pieces through injury post tourny. Also there will more than likely be a smaller pool of people in it.
    There's a better than zero chance that AJ Styles will be transitional IWGP champion when this rolls around so he should be involved, but it doesn't matter since only Okada or Nakamura can win this.
    Okada vs Nakamura is basically nailed on for Wrestle Kingdom next year, and the best way to make that happen is for one of them to pick up the G1 in order to push plans forward.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Wow, Bo is only 23 (about to turn 24 next month). Had no idea he was so young, plus he was signed when he was only 18.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Wow, Bo is only 23 (about to turn 24 next month). Had no idea he was so young, plus he was signed when he was only 18.

Well no doubt the 2nd generation guys all get a fast pass to a degree.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    tumblr_n4dozxnNjY1swrlico1_1280.png

You might have heard of some of them before.

Cade on
  • Options
    During the WWE's Saudi Arabia tour Sami Zayn requested that Tony Chimmel announce him as being from Syria. Zayn also cut promos in Arabic during the tour, which were very well received by the fans in attendance.

• Options
    Gotta get those cheap pops however you can brah.

• Options
    I didn't know Saudi's would even cheer a guy from Syria.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    I meant cheap heat, not sure why I wrote it the way I did.

Dyvim Tvar on
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Cody Rhodes and Golddust are so fun to watch, dang

• Options
    HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    Cade wrote: »

For me, Paige is the most exciting new WWE wrestler since CM Punk. If she could somehow convert the Divas title into the WWE Women's Championship, I would be thrilled (not a fan of either the name or the pink winged design of the current belt).

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I've been checking out Goldust's first few ppv appearances and the sooner they cover up his groin area with that black latex, the better.

It's like I've just been watching his penis wrestle Bam Bam Bigelow for ten minutes.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, Bam Bam Bigelow was in my dream last night. I was watching some kind of wrestling movie that he was in that I figured must have been made soon before he died.

• Options
    Wasn't Bam Bam in that horrible movie Ready to Rumble.

In other news:
    The guy behind the ABC sitcom "The Goldbergs" is a hardcore Ultimate Warrior fan -- which is why he's dedicating an upcoming episode of the show to his childhood hero ... TMZ has learned.

We spoke with creator Adam Goldberg who tells us he was heartbroken when he heard about Warrior's death earlier this month and desperately wanted to pay homage to his idol.

Goldberg says it just so happened his staff was working on an '80s wrestling themed episode -- so it seemed like a perfect fit.

"With the help of fans on Twitter, I was able to get in touch with [Warrior's] family and I'm thrilled to dedicate the May 6th episode to him."

"It's my way of saying thank you for being the coolest hero a kid could ever have."

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPmYtfApc78

Holy shit Dave Shultz did not give a single fuck.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

"Rejected WWE Network shows - WCW Thunder"

el oh el

• Options

el oh el

I'm still trying to think of the most noteworthy thing to ever happen on Thunder and all I'm coming up with is Rick Steiner breaking Buff Bagwell's neck. Not that that's a GOOD noteworthy thing of course.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

el oh el

But no joke I'd probably watch most of those shows.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I'm just imagining Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella judging a fashion show now

And it is the cutest

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Barrett doing 5 minutes every day ridiculing stuff outside of the WWE would probably work miracles for him.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Ugh I hope Cesaro advances in the tourney tonight and isn't screwed by Swagger and Zeb. Claudio winning the IC title would do wonders for both him and the championship. Barrett is fine I guess but Cesaro is such a better choice.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I'm afraid I've got some bad news, everyone! The situation in Ukraine is spiraling further out of control as tensions continue to rise. *bangs gavel*

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I don't know why they don't upload all of their youtube stuff, like JBL & Cole, to the network.

• Options
    Oh yeah the only recorder match between Hogan and Dustin Rhodes happened on Thunder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d67zq6eOqZs

That has to count for something right?

• Options
    Oh and I think Arn Anderson wrestled on a Thunder once as a surprise.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I would watch the fuck out of Damien Sandow's Masterpiece Theatre.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
This discussion has been closed.