As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] I say good sir, may I interest you in a top hat?

• LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Defense is by far my favorite mission to run, I can generally get absolutely ridiculous mileage out of Mag's Pull. Just AoE'ing down massive packs and then picking up the energy spheres from their corpses to do it all again.

It always makes me sad when people vote to quit after 3 rounds when I feel we could do more, but I understand the aversion to risk. If you fail the mission you get nothing, after all.

• General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Not true.

Every fifth wave acts as a checkpoint. You keep everything that you have picked up off the ground. The only thing you don't get are the bonus exit rewards.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Not true.

Every fifth wave acts as a checkpoint. You keep everything that you have picked up off the ground. The only thing you don't get are the bonus exit rewards.

Though that does not protect against session going *poof* for whatever odd reason.

As for people bolting, pretty fair chance it's related to reward pool rotation.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Yep. Apparently it's possible to predict future rewards based on the rewards given in the early rotations.

The way it works is that every reward has a reward value. At the start it randomizes the starting value and a certain value is added each round on top of that, after 2-3 rounds it's possible to accurately predict the starting value and the valueaddition for each round and that way predict your future rewards.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Not true.

When I was abruptly abandoned that time and lost, I got nothing I had accumulated up to that point from the previous sets of 5.

• LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Not true.

When I was abruptly abandoned that time and lost, I got nothing I had accumulated up to that point from the previous sets of 5.

Prolly a bit bugged right now like everything else =p

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
    Dunno, pretty much every mission I've gotten dc'd on I lost everything.

Don't know about point values but the wiki used to have the breakout of loot chance for tier1, tier2, and tier3 reward pools with different pool rotation used depending on planet/mission. Think mercury was something like t1, t1, t2 and the good Pluto missions were t2, t3, t3 or something along those lines. So things like planet based survival/defense not much point hanging past 3rd reward cycle unless it's for experience or giggles.

edited July 2014
    Not true.

Blame de for making such a shitty ui. You get the stuff, but they don't really show you what you get when you lose in defense. I suspect their checkpoint system was haphazardly coded at the last minute when they created defense missions. You need to compare your inventory before and after the mission to notice.

Edit:
    To be clear, you only get what you pick up off the ground. The mods and keys presented to you when you vote every 5 waves are only given to you when you exit. Those voting rewards are not cumulative. If you skip the wave 5 reward and then leave at 10, then you do not get the wave 5 reward even though you won.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    I crosschecked with recent mods or just checked for the new mod if one dropped. That was a few months back that I cared enough to check.

Not true.

Blame de for making such a shitty ui. You get the stuff, but they don't really show you what you get when you lose in defense. I suspect their checkpoint system was haphazardly coded at the last minute when they created defense missions. You need to compare your inventory before and after the mission to notice.

Edit:
    To be clear, you only get what you pick up off the ground. The mods and keys presented to you when you vote every 5 waves are only given to you when you exit. Those voting rewards are not cumulative. If you skip the wave 5 reward and then leave at 10, then you do not get the wave 5 reward even though you won.

Aw dang, that seems silly that they're not cumulative.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    It's really something they need to go back and rexamine. Especially compared to survival

steam_sig.png
    Yeah kinda sucks to do a T1 def and get forma on wave 5 and you know you want it so much but you rather go on to get the XX thing you are actualy farming for...

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    So I just got this and spent most of the day playing before finally remembering to check the forums

Still rocking slightly-better-than-noob gear (put a few dollars into the cash shop for color palettes and a decent sidearm/melee combo), but I figure I'm not the only newbie around. Hopefully.

Username is TohaJuuko

If you have more plat left you should throw it at frame and gun slots, cause nothing sucks more than building that one awesome gun you want and the not have room for it once it's done.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    So I finally scratched together 600 Oxium.
    My Zephyr will be done in about 72 hours.
    Geezus. That build time.

It is the same way for all warframes....except the new one, Mirage.

She is tied into her quest in such a way so that you need to build the component parts in sequence rather than in parallel. So it is 12 +12 +12 + 72 rather than 12 + 72. We're seeing the evolution of timewalls firsthand. What will they think of next?

3DS Friend Code:
    edited July 2014
    Could not be arsed with that and just spendt some plat on her... and well 10/10 would do again!

LilleDjevel on
    Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular

She is tied into her quest in such a way so that you need to build the component parts in sequence rather than in parallel. So it is 12 +12 +12 + 72 rather than 12 + 72. We're seeing the evolution of timewalls firsthand. What will they think of next?

Jesus tapdancing-on-a-cracker Christ, seriously? I might just skip out on her for a long while then, these are getting ridiculous. I still haven't even fought Vay Hek yet because lolfuckinggrindwall, and now this? nopenopenope

steam_sig.png
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

Jesus tapdancing-on-a-cracker Christ, seriously? I might just skip out on her for a long while then, these are getting ridiculous. I still haven't even fought Vay Hek yet because lolfuckinggrindwall, and now this? nopenopenope

From what I've heard and seen, Mirage is worth it.

I mean, from a scale of 1-10 she's "Hey, remember how Nova/Molecular Prime used to be? Me neither."

steam_sig.png
    You know when you have 1 Penta and then suddenly you have 5 at once? And did you see that room full of grineer and corpus well it's now a rave!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Well mirage is still no where near as bad as old Nova. Aaah good old hitting one dude with m prime at the start and the whole stage ending up dead.

But she is pretty great.

Still not better then Valkyr the loveable cat though.

steam_sig.png
    Well great...they re-worked the color palette system.

Now all my warframes look terrible. I'm going to have to spend forever repainting everything.

3DS Friend Code:
    They did what... man if this screws up my orange i'm gonna be pissed....

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    They made everything most things brighter and less washed-out looking. Before/after.

Is time a gift or punishment?

To pick out a pointless internet nerd quibble:
    Zephyr is pretty much the same 12, 12, 12 and 72 pattern.
    Since I build her parts individually as I get them. Shit be bottlenecked behind Oxium availability.

Like, next warframe suit will be built out of Argon crystals.

• Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    The color changes feel like a bit of a mixed bag.

I'm seeing a large number of color options that now actually look appealing and like they might fit my idea of what I want my stuff to look like, whereas before I would just completely ignore entire sections of palettes because I thought they looked bad or just weren't the right shade. I feel like I have a better range of options to choose from, and will have an easier time picking out new color schemes.

On the flipside, holy shit on a stick all my stuff looks like melted ass now why would you do this de

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Dang, I somehow managed to completely miss this thread and have been bugging people in the SE++ steam/Giant Bomb threads about this game.

Despite starting playing right after this big update full of bugs, it's been pretty dang fun.

Even running missions with groups full of strangers has been pretty pleasant, which is more than I can say for a lot of online games I've played lately.

That being said, playing with PA people is usually even better. Could I get an invite to the clan? In game name is Jerence.
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    So I just got this and spent most of the day playing before finally remembering to check the forums

Still rocking slightly-better-than-noob gear (put a few dollars into the cash shop for color palettes and a decent sidearm/melee combo), but I figure I'm not the only newbie around. Hopefully.

Username is TohaJuuko

Invited you both!

• MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    The color changes feel like a bit of a mixed bag.

I'm seeing a large number of color options that now actually look appealing and like they might fit my idea of what I want my stuff to look like, whereas before I would just completely ignore entire sections of palettes because I thought they looked bad or just weren't the right shade. I feel like I have a better range of options to choose from, and will have an easier time picking out new color schemes.

On the flipside, holy shit on a stick all my stuff looks like melted ass now why would you do this de

The colors are more consistant between weapons and frames now too, which is nice. But now everything looks like it's made of pleather, which isn't as nice.

Is time a gift or punishment?
    Is that why I got a color pallette in the mail today?

• amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Probably.

steam_sig.png
    I think the color change is probably good in the long run....it just made everything I owned look bad. I had to spend awhile going through everything and tweaking colors.

3DS Friend Code:
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Maybe it's just continued crankiness, but I find the 'new' customization mode annoying. You can barely even see the insignias

steam_sig.png
    edited July 2014
    Servers are being DDoS'd today.
    Good times.

Twenty Sided on
  • JagmasJagmas Registered User regular
    Ok I posted in the old thread. =) I also logged into vent but no one was in Warframe. :neutral_face:

Hi! i would like to join The Space Knights of Arcadia. I am in game as Jagmas on PC. Thanks!

My first Kubrow has hatched. Some kind of grey kubrow with brown stripes.

5344B0740A7BC6CCCEFA2CB31D2ADFD9ACBEEC04

3DS Friend Code:
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Been running Capture I missions trying to get the Lex Prime part.
    So many Boar Prime Recievers.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    You guys are very patient if you deal with kubrows. Having to deal with gene decay sounds incredibly terrible.

• DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    The genetic decay on kubrows is really ridiculous at the moment. I do hope they smooth these things out, because while space puppy is fun, there's just no real reason to use one versus a Sentinel that can do everything the kubrows can, but without any of the negatives.

Also, I'm sad the thread title isn't "Get a space ship dog for your space ship, dawg."

ugh maxed serration and had to forma both dread and soma again >.<

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.