As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] I say good sir, may I interest you in a top hat?

• Options
    JagmasJagmas Registered User regular
    Do I need to be online/in game in order to receive a guild invite? (PC)

• Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    No, but one with the rights to invite people to the clan needs to be on and do it. Would do it if I could but no can do.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I just started up this a couple days ago for PC. In game name is Milski, if anybody can drop an invite.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Invite sent to @Jagmas‌ and @milski‌

Huh, this is pretty cool. If you go to clan screen you can join a mission in progress for clan folks if squad isn't full.

DreadBert on
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    DreadBert wrote: »
    Invite sent to @Jagmas‌ and @milski‌

Huh, this is pretty cool. If you go to clan screen you can join a mission in progress for clan folks if squad isn't full.

They added that feature a couple of issues ago when they added the clan screen.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    hey folks, Jag got me playing again the other day. I wouldn't mind an invite to Space Knights of Arcadia either =)
    Username in WF is: vamenn

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Just need to get a Valkyr systems blueprint and I'll have my first homemade warframe. Shweet.

• Options
    ZombieSheepZombieSheep Registered User regular
    I also would like a invite to the pc clan, name is FailSheep in game.

Just fought Alad V for the first time, after almost wiping and wasted two revives my pug group eventually beat it. I went and look up the fight on wiki afterwards because there was obviously some mechanics at play but I wasn't sure what they are. Turns out, as Mag, I should have just one shot the encounter with a skill, I bet my team mates were cursing me on the other side of the internet during that entire fight... oops.

• Options
    VahraanVahraan Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Hey guys, just getting back into this. Can I grab an invite to the clan?
    In game name is Gumbotron

Vahraan on
    PSN: Gumbotron88 3DS FC: 0018-3695-0013 (Devon)
  • Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Invited you both.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    Defense is by far my favorite mission to run, I can generally get absolutely ridiculous mileage out of Mag's Pull. Just AoE'ing down massive packs and then picking up the energy spheres from their corpses to do it all again.

Pull is amazing. Rhino Stomp may still be my favorite AoE, but it bogs down against high-level enemies, where the duration of the effect becomes a liability (even with Fleeting Expertise), while Pull remains incredibly effective.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Wait, the duration of the Rhino stomp effect is a liability? In what universe?

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Stomp, enemies go up, another swarm arrives, original enemies still going up and can't stomp again.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    You can't stomp again until the duration is up, or you kill all the floating enemies. If one of those enemies is the next room over...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Man I am just so bad at this game. Or maybe Valkyr is just terrible at defense missions.

I'm willing to bet on the former.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I dunno, I was never able to get valkyr to work good for anything

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Stomp, enemies go up, another swarm arrives, original enemies still going up and can't stomp again.

Guess I just never felt that this was a problem. Stomp is, for me, primarily a way to get a lot of enemies up in the air so that I can gun them down (preferably with my Ignis. Stomp 'em up, hose 'em down). The longer they're in the air the better in my mind.
    If I meet more enemies I scoot (maybe in combination with Rhino charge).

• Options
    If your primary use case is flotation, can I introduce you to my friend? His name is Vauban

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Valkyr isn't ideally suited to defense missions, but she's not bad at them.

There are three things that are important with Valkyr.

1. Using the right power at the right time. Using the wrong power can definitely hurt you as both Hysteria and Paralysis have drawbacks and limitations.
    2. Acting in accordance with the power you used. If you pick Hysteria you have a split second to pick if you're going to engage or run like hell (because it can kill you if you didn't kill all of them).
    3. Picking the right mods. Power Duration, Health and power strenght are the most important ones. In that order.

• Options
    ElectricalHoboElectricalHobo Registered User new member
    77 seconds of immortality has its uses.

Also, just pulled the plug on my old little clan. Being the sole active member left is kind of pointless.

Think I could get an invite to the PC clan? IGN would be ElectricalHobo.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I have no trouble murdering and surviving. It's more just trying to solo defend is pain. Guess I have to drag out the Vauban again Vortexes and pentas for everyone!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Solo defense is just a different challenge entirely. You need someone who can cover every spot at once. So mobility, stalling powers and area effect powers are key.

Vauban is good: Having Vortex is like having a full team on your side, except you're solo. You just need a LOT of duration and a little power efficiency tweaking. Did you know that Narrow Minded has no negative effect on Vortex?
    Nekros is good: Say hello to my little friends. Who used to be your friends, but now they're my friends and not your friends.
    Zephyr is good: It's like Vauban with more mobility but less Nuke-action. Start a tornado on one side, clear out the other. No Nuke-action though means less offensive power. At heart Zephyr is more of a Interception frame though.
    Frost can be good: Stay away from big reactor maps. Stay away from Infested.
    Ember can be good: "I don't want to set the world on fire, I just want to start a flame in your heart". Screw that. I WANT to set the world on fire, and start flames in your heart. Then serve the heart on a platter. Char-grilled.

• Options
    I'm more max range bastile for corpus/grenier and vortex for infested on solo defense. Those miniboss mobs can lock you down pretty easy if your not careful.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Valkyr isn't ideally suited to defense missions, but she's not bad at them.

There are three things that are important with Valkyr.

1. Using the right power at the right time. Using the wrong power can definitely hurt you as both Hysteria and Paralysis have drawbacks and limitations.
    2. Acting in accordance with the power you used. If you pick Hysteria you have a split second to pick if you're going to engage or run like hell (because it can kill you if you didn't kill all of them).
    3. Picking the right mods. Power Duration, Health and power strenght are the most important ones. In that order.

Fun fact; if you run like hell a second or two before Hysteria runs out, you don't get hit with the "all the damage you took from the enemies still alive" effect, because that effect is actually an aura that effects nearby baddies, and when they go outside that aura's range, the damage they would have done to you resets to 0.

Also, if you can get you hands on a Rage and Rejuvenation mod, Congratulations!! Along with the mods Fiendishrabbit already mentioned (plus Steel Fiber), You now have the means to make, for all intents and purposes, a Valkyr that cannot die. Because before they can kill you, Rage will convert enough health damage to energy for you to use Hysteria again... and again... and again. Rejuvenation is just for those cases where their aren't enough fleshbags you can kill to restore you're health to full. Even if you are under fire, the invul you get is enough for Rejuvenation to start ticking to regen your health.

I solo T4 Exterminates and Captures with that Valkyr setup, and no, I don't have to run away from Corrupted Vor when he spawns (though I might have to suicide to him to get the free full clip for my Soma you get when you respawn)

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    I also would like a invite to the pc clan, name is FailSheep in game.

Just fought Alad V for the first time, after almost wiping and wasted two revives my pug group eventually beat it. I went and look up the fight on wiki afterwards because there was obviously some mechanics at play but I wasn't sure what they are. Turns out, as Mag, I should have just one shot the encounter with a skill, I bet my team mates were cursing me on the other side of the internet during that entire fight... oops.

I just did it as Mag also, and I hit both of them with a fully leveled up Shield Polarize - it absolutely did not one shot either of them, lol. I have no idea what the wiki means when it says "properly modded" Shield Polarize but apparently I can take it much farther than I have it.

It was just me and another person and we had a ridiculous time of it, too, just having trouble getting time to DPS Zanuka until we thought to kite it back out of the room and back up the ramp. Much less hectic without the continuously spawning adds and Alad's blinding beam jackassery.

• Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Solo defense is just a different challenge entirely. You need someone who can cover every spot at once. So mobility, stalling powers and area effect powers are key.

Vauban is good: Having Vortex is like having a full team on your side, except you're solo. You just need a LOT of duration and a little power efficiency tweaking. Did you know that Narrow Minded has no negative effect on Vortex?
    Nekros is good: Say hello to my little friends. Who used to be your friends, but now they're my friends and not your friends.
    Zephyr is good: It's like Vauban with more mobility but less Nuke-action. Start a tornado on one side, clear out the other. No Nuke-action though means less offensive power. At heart Zephyr is more of a Interception frame though.
    Frost can be good: Stay away from big reactor maps. Stay away from Infested.
    Ember can be good: "I don't want to set the world on fire, I just want to start a flame in your heart". Screw that. I WANT to set the world on fire, and start flames in your heart. Then serve the heart on a platter. Char-grilled.

And don't forget Mirage: I brought some of my friends to start a rave! And you know those taster traps you all love so much they are all miiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne MOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    Blind Rage + Intensify makes Mag one of the few toons who can murder level billion enemies, just so long as they have shields.
    This is because the damage from Shield Polarize doesn't scale by some flat amount, but according to enemy shields, which it then multiplies out for damage.

• Options
    Also a good reason to not kill shield drones if there is mag actively nuking.

• Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    Mag STEAMROLLS Corpus, but is there a way to make her as effective against Grineer or infested? Keying off shields and doing magnetic damage is all that keeps her from being near old Molecular Prime levels of insanity.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Dartboy wrote: »
    Mag STEAMROLLS Corpus, but is there a way to make her as effective against Grineer or infested? Keying off shields and doing magnetic damage is all that keeps her from being near old Molecular Prime levels of insanity.

Against Grineer and infested, she becomes more of a control 'frame, all about using Pull and (against Grineer) Bullet Attractor to keep the bad guys from harming you or anyone with you. You won't be clearing rooms with the single press of a button like you would against Corpus, but you can make damn sure the enemy can't do jack to you while you and your teammates tear them apart.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    Efficiency Mag is the way to go for Grineer.
    You can play shield medic and the annoying guy who chaotically ragdolls everything.
    But yes, pulling heavies onto their back keeps them from shooting and you can stab or shoot 'em while they're down.

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    77 seconds of immortality has its uses.

Also, just pulled the plug on my old little clan. Being the sole active member left is kind of pointless.

Think I could get an invite to the PC clan? IGN would be ElectricalHobo.

Invite sent, @ElectricalHobo‌!

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    ElectricalHoboElectricalHobo Registered User new member
    Awesome. Now all we need is for the servers to come back online. The last few days have just been a roller-coaster for uptime.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Man I am just so bad at this game. Or maybe Valkyr is just terrible at defense missions.

I'm willing to bet on the former.

You're in luck. General consensus is that it is the later.

Valkyr doesn't do much very well.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    lastweek.jpg

• Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
  • Options
    Ohhhh, my bad.

• Options
    JagmasJagmas Registered User regular
    I'm a newb to the game. Looking forward to contributing to the Clan but my question is how do I contribute? Thanks!

• Options
    Alright now I watched the video and great now I have to buy a new inventory space so I can have both now.

This discussion has been closed.