As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] I say good sir, may I interest you in a top hat?

• amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Yeah, it does that. I gave up and bought Vauban a week before the deluge of parts started :|

steam_sig.png
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    On Wave 25. Things got real hairy after wave 20, when our Ember and Nova foolishly quit for some silly Tower key. The last 5 rounds was just two vaubans, one flamethrower.
    My flamethrower was barely scratching each foe, but do you know how many foes you can pack into one vortex? So many Vortexes...
    YussBoltor_zps5a5d9429.jpg

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    At this rate, I kinda want to build a Vauban frame filled entirely with potatoes.

• DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    2 Vaubans, 1 Flamethrower sounds like all the right sort of underground video.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
    2 Vaubans, 1 Flamethrower sounds like all the right sort of underground video.

I would pursue this line of thought. But I think I run a fair risk of being banned if I do, so I won't.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    edited April 2014
    Well. Now I have everything except the Boltor Prime blueprint...which is tougher than the rest. Most definitely.

Basically I've found everything there is to find on T3MD....except the Boltor Prime blueprint.

Fiendishrabbit on
  • DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Ardol wrote: »
    22 minutes on another Vauban Chassis.

AreYouFuckingKiddingMe.jpg

I swear this game is just fucking with me at this point. I JUST got home.

I find it amusing within a month of buying the frame I had everything to needed build one. I swear there is a random seed modifier.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    DreadBert wrote: »

I swear this game is just fucking with me at this point. I JUST got home.

I find it amusing within a month of buying the frame I had everything to needed build one. I swear there is a random seed modifier.

If another Chassis alert doesn't happen in the next two weeks I'm just gonna buy the damn thing.

And then the Chassis will drop for me right afterwards because of course it will.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular

Mother. Fucker.

• ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    I didn't realize when the double potato would end. Dammit.

Oh well, they come up, but that isn't a whole lot of notice.

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Ok, think everything is cooking in dojo now.

Now if only we could weaponize the new rail thingie, I've got enough of the common's to make a freaking moon at this point.

DreadBert on
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    DreadBert wrote: »
    Ok, think everything is cooking in dojo now.

Now if only we could weaponize the new rail thingie, I've got enough of the common's to make a freaking moon at this point.

"That's no moon."

e: While I'm here... Looking for Ember Prime Blueprint (swipe edition). Been doing ODD repeatedly. Have a few things to trade if anyone happens to have an extra.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    I've been meaning to ask, what is it with the "swipe edition"? I assume it refers to the PS4 version, but where does that come from?

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    So apparently the badlands are now being called the Dark Sectors. Never would have seen it coming.

steam_sig.png
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    They actually named the new frame Hydroid? That's a horrible name.

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Caint wawlk straight I gots hem hydroids.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I actually figured Hydroid (or something like that) would be the name of the new resource you'd have to farm to build it, and that the frame itself would be called Poseidon or Susanoo or whatever.

• DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    Kashaar wrote: »
    I've been meaning to ask, what is it with the "swipe edition"? I assume it refers to the PS4 version, but where does that come from?

To activate abilities you swipe the touchpad. Up for one, down for two, left for three and right for four.

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    So apparently the badlands are now being called the Dark Sectors. Never would have seen it coming.

I still remember being so hyped for Dark Sector

And then all the changes came, and I still was kind of excited about it

And then it was just bad

Honestly. We're not a competitive clan by any means. I'm in favor of staying out of this "Solar rail" business unless the competition isn't a huge thing.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I am in a totally different clan anyway, but

the way I understand it, and to be fair I haven't listened a whole lot since they were first talking about them a month or so ago, you won't really lose anything for not being the clan building these

provided the clan that does hold the rail isn't a bunch of total fuckheads and sets the taxes way super high, and even then I can't imagine whatever the tax affects (credits?) will be all that big a deal

• MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    I thought the whole solar rail thing sound kinda neat to be honest. It couldn't hurt to try it out, right?

Is time a gift or punishment?
    Rails have a couple good things going for them that I can see:
    One, people might find a reason to bother doing the level 15+ missions more then once. Doing those level 20+ missions solo can get rather frustrating.
    Two, what else is there to do with millions of personal resources once you empty the market? Outside of team restore pads there does not seem to be a resource sink, just credit sinks.

Maddoc wrote: »
    I am in a totally different clan anyway, but

the way I understand it, and to be fair I haven't listened a whole lot since they were first talking about them a month or so ago, you won't really lose anything for not being the clan building these

provided the clan that does hold the rail isn't a bunch of total fuckheads and sets the taxes way super high, and even then I can't imagine whatever the tax affects (credits?) will be all that big a deal

Taxes could as of last devstream be set for resources and credits... let's see what it's like and then decide if it's worth our investment. The lab shouldn't be too hard to build, and it'll be good to have it after all.

Speaking of, if any of you are still suffering under the weight of your accumulated resources, there are two more reactors accepting donations down in the basement :)

• YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    mmm, new thread smell! I've grabbed Warframe for the PS4, PSN name is Pugilation. Would appreciate a leg up as my first few missions seemed kinda fun and there certainly looks like a lot of scope to explore in game. Also, I may have been one of the few people to pick up Dark Sector and have fun with it :)

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Honestly. We're not a competitive clan by any means. I'm in favor of staying out of this "Solar rail" business unless the competition isn't a huge thing.
    Well, either solar rails are really cheap or the guys on SB play way too much, because several of them say they could actually fund a solar rail themselves. If it's the former, you guys might want to get some just for the hell of it.

I don't watch the devstreams; what are all these shenanigans about?

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    There was actually a double potato event this weekend? Fuck.

I'm going to get some real money spent on warframe slots, have there been any websites popping up with better builds for the weapons? I'm kind of envying the research done on Guild Wars builds and wish we could have the same for warframe....but then we would have had all of our research ruined by damage 2.0....oh well.

Now that I think about it, l don't recall mention of guild bank but taxes have to go somewhere.

There's... not a terrible amount of complexity for weapon builds? You pretty much slap on Serration/Split Chamber/elemental mods of choice plus any weapon-specific mods like Thunderbolt or Firestorm. If it's a crit-based weapon, Vital Sense/Point Strike. If it's a status machine, event mods. If neither, MOAR ELEMENTS

The only differentiation is in which Corrupted mods work best with the particular weapon's foibles.

There are builds listed on the wiki though. But all of them need a Catalyst and most need 2-3+ Formas.

There's a vault, it holds all the stuff that we get refunded from destroying rooms, and can so far only be used for dojo projects - that includes research, rooms and decorations so far.

There's... not a terrible amount of complexity for weapon builds? You pretty much slap on Serration/Split Chamber/elemental mods of choice plus any weapon-specific mods like Thunderbolt or Firestorm. If it's a crit-based weapon, Vital Sense/Point Strike. If it's a status machine, event mods. If neither, MOAR ELEMENTS

The only differentiation is in which Corrupted mods work best with the particular weapon's foibles.

There are builds listed on the wiki though. But all of them need a Catalyst and most need 2-3+ Formas.

"MAX DAMAGE" doesn't take weapon utility into account. Stabilizer takes the Gorgon from "What kind of terrible shit is this?" to a weapon that hits pretty hard and can actually work at fair ranges. Still not a sniper, but it's a decent single target weapon that doesn't shake your screen like a pitbull with a chewtoy when you try t use it in aim-mode.
    My Dex Furis has both Steady Hands (lower recoil) and Trick Mag (90% more ammo) since I don't like the idea of carrying only 3 mags worth of ammo with me (trick mag takes it up to 5).
    Many of my guns feature quick reload mods, even though it's technically not the optimal way to go (since I've found that you need to reload at what's frequently the worst occasions).

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Sure, but if you want a full auto weapon with accuracy, the soma is better. (The some is better anyway (no matter what the question is. Nova or Rhino? Soma.))

steam_sig.png
    "How do I shoot web?"
    "Soma"

I'm still three ranks away from being able to wield the Soma, but having seen others using it I can safely say the the sound of it firing is an accurate reproduction of the feeling of sex.

cB557 wrote: »
    I'm still three ranks away from being able to wield the Soma, but having seen others using it I can safely say the the sound of it firing is an accurate reproduction of the feeling of sex.

Soma: skeeting numbers all over everything since 2013

6wcbxwxxqinf.jpg

I agree that you don't generally need to get fancy with mods. Sorta like soma stomps most content. Most of the game seems balanced to no more then rank 4 gear with no potato or forma anyway.

Trying for > 20 wave/min T3 stuff though, gaming damage and gear builds start to tell. 40 has generally been the cutoff for generic untuned builds from what I've seen as well. For instance tuning damage types to deal with resistances for different factions can have a huge impact. Ditto for high RoF weapons vs things like pinta/ogris once ammo efficiency starts to matter.

Last Chance! Vanguard Rhino helmet alert for another 37 minutes! This is the stats version, you guys!

• LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Anyone got some good builds for penta? I'm guessing the standar crit with two elements dosn't works ince 10% crit.

At the moment mine is not yet 30 but I do have a potato in it and as for now I have serration, split chamber and Infected clip leaving it at about 3200ish damage (1600 blast and 1600 toxic) should I just slap more elements on it and get corrosive and vital?

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.