As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] I say good sir, may I interest you in a top hat?

• Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    When the Stalker spawns, he spawns sitting, and he has a two or three second animation where he stands up before attacking. Dumping a lot of damage into his head during that window is the preferred way to kill him.

Otherwise, dodge his Slash Dashes, and he's mean but quite beatable.

• Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    If you run a lot with low level gear while marked he will drop by say hi and rip your face of. So bring a big as in BIG gun and hope he don't drop by when you are alone, and try to stay mid range so he dosn't teleport on to you and insta melee gibbs you.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Acharenus wrote: »
    He laughs off warframe abilities is pretty resistant to damage and teleports.

So "don't even bother" then. Cool. Kind of annoying to have a (admittedly low) percent chance of "nope, mission failure/eat a revive, lol" at low gear levels, but oh well.

I was worried at first, but then I read that it's a 3.5% chance that he'll show up and wreck me and just me unless the other guys join in, so why worry?

He doesn't camp and kill you again if you have to pop revive though, right? Or when he kills you can you not revive yourself?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options

So "don't even bother" then. Cool. Kind of annoying to have a (admittedly low) percent chance of "nope, mission failure/eat a revive, lol" at low gear levels, but oh well.

I was worried at first, but then I read that it's a 3.5% chance that he'll show up and wreck me and just me unless the other guys join in, so why worry?

He doesn't camp and kill you again if you have to pop revive though, right? Or when he kills you can you not revive yourself?

Correct and correct. And he'll disappear if he kills you even if your team is fighting him. He also drops really neat blueprints, though, so they should be fighting him. Make sure to tell people once you get the first message, though, and find a good room to do it in - he spawns on the third message.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular

But generally the only hard part of downing Stalker is having the target not die. I switch to melee, block, and then try to weave in and out of cover and slide flip if I can't.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular

If you're running a Nova, Molecular Prime lands on the stalker; if you're lucky you can see him before he sees the target and insta kills it. MP'd Stalker is decidedly easier to deal with.

• Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    Yeah if I'm leveling some low level gear, I always take a soma/marelok in case a boss shows up.

If you've never fought the stalker/harvester/G3 before, you'll know they're about to show up if the lights flicker (for stalker/harvester) , or if you get yellow swirly particles closing in on you (for the G3).

And you'll know they're targeting you specifically if you get radio messages from the boss (for stalker/harvester), or in the case of the G3 if they specifically mention you by name. If you are targeted, let your teammates know, and drop a way point so they know where to stand guard.

• Options
    Never even heard of the Harvester. :open_mouth:

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

Yeah, I mean it's just annoying is all. I'd be less annoyed if it didn't seem like "you're probably screwed without at least a little pimp gear", which isn't me yet, but it's really just annoyance. If it was just "random boss encounter", NBD.

• Options
    Never even heard of the Harvester. :open_mouth:

He is the Corpus G3, do invasions against corpus and he will show up sooner or later.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AcharenusAcharenus Registered User regular

Oh I'll take on stalker when alone, zanuka to.

But the three grineer? you better believe I'm running for my life. When lotus starts telling you you should run like the wind, it's probably best to listen to her.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    So I like the whole resource cache thing this event has. I hope they roll something similar into general missions, find cache, get goodies.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

But the three grineer? you better believe I'm running for my life. When lotus starts telling you you should run like the wind, it's probably best to listen to her.
    I was able to take them out with a couple Bladestorms once, and Vauban's powers can CC them pretty well.
    I always try to carry my Dex Furis around in case an assassin shows up.

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    so reading about the nova why does everyone seem to hate it? I don't understand the arguements about it being OP... why is m prime such a sore subject for people :|

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    Who hates Nova? *cocks gun*

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    RE: Survivability

If you have the sentinel Guardian mod, the answer is basically always go Redirection. If not, use Vitality on Valkyr, Rhino, Saryn, and Frost. Never use Vigor. It's terrible.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

G3 are actually the easiest since you can use powers against them, like with Loki you press 2 and casually kill them like anything else.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    so reading about the nova why does everyone seem to hate it? I don't understand the arguements about it being OP... why is m prime such a sore subject for people :|

Mostly because nova makes stuff super boring. Yey stuff spawned gonna farm that sweet gun xp yey! NOPE Mprime trolololololololololololol.

It's like playing soul caliber with someone who ONLY play kilik (staff dude outrange everyone and can win by just poking you) or CoD with wallhack/aimbot sure you will win but it won't be hard and it won't be fun.

Now all this is based on me thinking instakill abilitys like Mprime are boring as hell op as hell and not fun, at least ember gotta run around to tag people with WoF and at least WoF suck vs armor... Nova? Nope massive damage to everything TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Back before the MPrime nerf, Nova used to get credit for all the enemies killed whenever a chain explosion took place. It was also instant cast, no travel time. You'd have Novas running around priming half the map and walking out with 98% of the damage done. If you shot a primed dude to death your gun would only get 25% of the xp credit since it would all go through the Nova and then be divvied out to the rest of the squad's weapons evenly. I think that's where a lot of the Nova hate came from.

Now when you explode somebody your gun gets the XP directly.

(also MPrime messes with Desecrate so loot farming is made more problematic by Novas)

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options

Mostly because nova makes stuff super boring. Yey stuff spawned gonna farm that sweet gun xp yey! NOPE Mprime trolololololololololololol.

It's like playing soul caliber with someone who ONLY play kilik (staff dude outrange everyone and can win by just poking you) or CoD with wallhack/aimbot sure you will win but it won't be hard and it won't be fun.

Now all this is based on me thinking instakill abilitys like Mprime are boring as hell op as hell and not fun, at least ember gotta run around to tag people with WoF and at least WoF suck vs armor... Nova? Nope massive damage to everything TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL.
    Man, I warp around the map with wormhole, dropping into the middle of groups of enemies, and killing squads with MP before they can kill me. It's awesome, it's fast paced, and it's challenging once you get to later waves. The "once you get to later waves" part may seem to suggest that it is OP, but you have to take into consideration that it applies to everything in the game.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Basically, Nova is primarily for people who wants to watch the pretty pink explosions. (Yeah, pink energy on Nova is pretty much obligatory.)

• Options
    I played a game with a nova and we were able to get the defense mission up past 20 waves with just the 2 of us, I was like level 9 nyx and just was trying to grind xp so it seemed to work well for me, some other dude was getting pissed at him for doing m prime constantly and I didn't understand why and he ended up leaving.

I can see it being a legitimate problem when paired with a nekros, and previously where nova was stealing all the farm, but i guess for me i don't see an issue, i loved having that nova power me through 20 waves on a defense mission

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    Basically, Nova is primarily for people who wants to watch the pretty pink explosions. (Yeah, pink energy on Nova is pretty much obligatory.)

I'm sure you mean green. Green is obligatory.

(They also go very well together.)

Basically, Nova is <3!

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    I quite like nova's now...oddly since the change I rarely see them. Pretty much only when I take mine out for a spin.

Weird how that happened.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    If they made Mprime deal no damage at all, just ad a massive damage boost to stuff it would be more fun, make it so when you kill someone they will spread the "plauge" to other stuff close by. Then hey no more 1 round just killed everything!

Edit: Like you can do a lot of cool stuff with Nova, but mprime just sucks all the fun out for everyone else, or at least for people who wanna do something.
    Sure standing afk and letting the Nova be Nova works but I rather leave and do it again without the Nova.

LilleDjevel on
    Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    If they made Mprime deal no damage at all, just ad a massive damage boost to stuff it would be more fun, make it so when you kill someone they will spread the "plauge" to other stuff close by. Then hey no more 1 round just killed everything!

Edit: Like you can do a lot of cool stuff with Nova, but mprime just sucks all the fun out for everyone else, or at least for people who wanna do something.
    Sure standing afk and letting the Nova be Nova works but I rather leave and do it again without the Nova.
    In my experience, other player's powers are still relevant when a Nova is in play.

• Options

You know what's fun? A Nova M Prime'ing with maxed out Continuity, Constitution and Narrow Minded.
    M Prime makes things explode. Explosions are awesome. I don't follow your logic :P

• Options
    Kashaar wrote: »

You know what's fun? A Nova M Prime'ing with maxed out Continuity, Constitution and Narrow Minded.
    M Prime makes things explode. Explosions are awesome. I don't follow your logic :P

While yes blowing shit up is by far the best thing you can do to spend time, I'm the type of player who NEEDS to do something. Like just watching everything die cause of Nova just dosn't spell fun for me.

Spamming antimatter drop is by far more fun than Mprime for the rest of your team.

Like my main problem with Nova is that she just 90% removes the need for the rest of your team depending a bit on setup, like I have mine set up for max damage and range, makes stuff walk suuuuuuuper slow and die when you look at them, sure it's good for solo defense and what not but HELL it's boring to play with for others.

Just so this is said what I value the most in a team based game is elements that makes the game fun for the team. And a one man team is not fun.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I feel like a ramping up of difficulty should have been achieved without making all powers useless at 10+ for this event

• Options
    Antimatter Drop is underrated. How many other powers let you do six digits of damage to a boss?

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Basically, Nova is this guy.

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    A spammy Nova teammate is wonderful when you're leveling weapons and you can one-shot primed level 30 bombards with your unranked peashooter and gobble up all that sweet, sweet XP

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Is the corrupted MP giving enemies a speed boost not a thing anymore? That used to greatly accelerate infested defense rounds.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Is this event PC-only? I didnt see anything when I was doing my daily mission set. :O

edit: alternately, is it limited to specific planets? I don't have them all unlocked. Prolly gonna try and take care of that over the weekend.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Is this event PC-only? I didnt see anything when I was doing my daily mission set. :O

edit: alternately, is it limited to specific planets? I don't have them all unlocked. Prolly gonna try and take care of that over the weekend.

The event kicks off at earth, so you should almost certainly have at least the start available, if it's not PC-only.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    kafziel wrote: »
    When the Stalker spawns, he spawns sitting, and he has a two or three second animation where he stands up before attacking. Dumping a lot of damage into his head during that window is the preferred way to kill him.

Otherwise, dodge his Slash Dashes, and he's mean but quite beatable.

If you can catch him spawning in, he's pretty easy to kill if you have a leveled weapon (always have at least one powerful weapon in your inventory at all times)....

The problem is when he pulls his "spawn in a broom closet" thing and the first time you see him is when he teleport->slashdash->dread to the head.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Kashaar wrote: »

While yes blowing shit up is by far the best thing you can do to spend time, I'm the type of player who NEEDS to do something. Like just watching everything die cause of Nova just dosn't spell fun for me.

Spamming antimatter drop is by far more fun than Mprime for the rest of your team.

Like my main problem with Nova is that she just 90% removes the need for the rest of your team depending a bit on setup, like I have mine set up for max damage and range, makes stuff walk suuuuuuuper slow and die when you look at them, sure it's good for solo defense and what not but HELL it's boring to play with for others.

Just so this is said what I value the most in a team based game is elements that makes the game fun for the team. And a one man team is not fun.

Hmm, I'm the kind of guy who likes setting off the fuse that makes all the enemies explode, no matter if I'm the Nova or someone else is. Besides, the solution to Nova making things too easy is to run more difficult missions ;)
    But there's no accounting for taste.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    kafziel wrote: »
    Antimatter Drop is underrated. How many other powers let you do six digits of damage to a boss?
    Why stop at six?

AMD is nova's best skill by far. Exponential damage scaling from stacked drops is something that no other power can even approach. The ability is litterally in a league of its own.

Mprime is a good '4', but usually it isn't all that much more effective than any other frame's '4'. If it weren't for the slow and 2x damage multiplier, I'm not sure if I would even equip mprime.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    So, what you're saying is I should just buy a nova with plat and be boss?

• Options
    I just put my nova blueprint in the oven 30 mins ago :smiley: too bad it won't be ready for 3 days

This discussion has been closed.