As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] I say good sir, may I interest you in a top hat?

• OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Reactor alert up on Neptune, running for the next 95 minutes.

Got it, thank you!

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Protip for zephyr: reserve your tornadoes for emergencies. Everyone will hate you of you spam them.

The same applies to Hydroids super tentacle power.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Haha, will do.

It's awesome to hear she's decent, so far I've only got Aura/Redirection/Tail Wind on her and she's already fun as hell. I just haven't run into many in pugs as of yet so I wasn't really clear on how they worked. (Or a Hydroid, now that I think of it I haven't seen a single one in a pug) Nova was one of my favorites; I sort of gravitate to the heavy weapons so Wormhole helped to make up for lack of coptering. But Nova's also relatively fragile, and I'm relatively reckless, so that's not that great of a mix.

I'm sad about the Kubrow though, I've been leveling Djinn for the Mastery and having to go pick things up myself is awful. (first world tenno problems)

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Pah, Tornado spam all day, every day!

Here's a real protip though: Max out your power duration, it is the stat that affects how far/high you go with Tail Wind! Whoooosh, I say.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    Kashaar wrote: »
    Pah, Tornado spam all day, every day!

Here's a real protip though: Max out your power duration, it is the stat that affects how far/high you go with Tail Wind! Whoooosh, I say.

Only problem with that is when you go flying clear across the room and still have enough momentum that you end up glued to the wall for a good 5-10 seconds.

Still, it's nice to have long lasting nigh-invincibility. Turbulence for days, yo.

steam_sig.png
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    The key to zephyr mastery is finding out your Tailwind trajectory so that you can splat into the wall in the general vicinity of where you meant to go.

Supersonic mosquito style :P

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    anyone who gets upset at someone else making explosions/enemies fly everywhere isn't a true space ninja.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    It is annoying as hell when you're just trying to get to the next wave of the damn defense mission and this rank-0 Hydroid's tentacles are doing like negative-nothing damage but flinging enemies everywhere so you can't get a shot at them.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    anyone who gets upset at someone else making explosions/enemies fly everywhere isn't a true space ninja.

The main problem it that the loot tends to fly everywhere too, as a general rule if if I'm hosting voids with pubs I kick zephyre cause I'm there to farm stuff not run all over the map playing Dora looking for loot.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    They fixed the loot thing a while ago. If the tornado kills an enemy, the loot will just fall straight down as if it had a huge anchor strapped to it. Unless they recently undid that fix, which would be stupid but not unheard of for DE. It is still more of a mess than Vauban's singularity of loot, but it is far better than the old tornadoes that would fling loot to the far corners of the map.

It will fling enemies around like crazy while doing negligible damage. It can disrupt the enemy, but it also drastically disrupts your teammates abilities to kill the enemy. It is great for buying you time to rez a teammate, but otherwise you are almost always better off just shooting the enemy.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    Catalyst invasion going on Sedna

holla if y'needs a taxi

• IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    So what I'm hearing is that
    tornadoes are a great ohshit button
    mediocre for CC
    terrible for damage
    I should avoid using them in pugs
    but I should most definitely use them to troll my friends
    (Especially the one that thinks switch teleporting me is the funniest thing ever)

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
    Look half the fun in this game is running along a wall like in the Matrix, headshotting space robots with a fully automatic shotgun pistol that shoots acid bullets.

The other half is trolling your friends.

Sadly you can no longer swap teleport friends out of the map.... And I think DE did so you can't do it with anything actually.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
    edited October 2014
    Double post woop woop!

LilleDjevel on
    Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    With my Nekros now forma'd twice, and Hate brought up to respectable force with a tater, I have begun to jump into survivals/defenses to spread the spirit of giving! So, if you see a Nekros in green, red, and white with a big spearmint scythe ranting about Christmas, that's me.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    With my Nekros now forma'd twice, and Hate brought up to respectable force with a tater, I have begun to jump into survivals/defenses to spread the spirit of giving! So, if you see a Nekros in green, red, and white with a big spearmint scythe ranting about Christmas, that's me.

So it is practically Halloween and you have a skeleton obsessed with Christmas? I've seen that movie!
    ohrkwskjnbtd.gif

3DS Friend Code:
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    I plan on picking up some Day of The Dead skins this halloween and doing the opposite in December :D

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    edited October 2014
    Defense and interception rewards are gonna stack once U15 hits.

a5y3gx5v8py3.gif

Edit: AND THE NEW WARFRAME HAS A GOD DAMNED TOP HAT I NEED THIS NOW AGFHGJH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM8--QL-JZ8

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
    Man, I need that new frame in my veins!

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    are

you

fucking

kidding

me

I bet even @TOGSolid‌ would come back for TopHatFrame

Man, there really is nothing better than playing Loki, and when getting to extract someone typing: "Wait....4?"

Then the score screen comes up and you're dominating all the kills :D

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    There's an easter egg on the archwing promo page thing.

Keep flying past the Limbo video.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Dartboy wrote: »
    There's an easter egg on the archwing promo page thing.

Keep flying past the Limbo video.

Thank you, that egg was beyond ludicrous.

Defense and interception rewards are gonna stack? I hope this doesn't mean the return of credit caches....

3DS Friend Code:
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    I'm not seeing the top hat in that video. Do I need to keep watching it until the RNG shows me the right thing?

wWuzwvJ.png
    Look at the thing in his right hand. Looks very top hat-like, aye?

9bq7csthc79t.png

steam_sig.png
  • KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    That's like a mad hatter hat. I approve! When's this thing out?

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
    edited October 2014
    According to the video's description, tomorrow (or I guess today, rather).

"Coming to PC - Oct 24, 2014 @ 9:00 am EDT"

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Look at the thing in his right hand. Looks very top hat-like, aye?

9bq7csthc79t.png
    I barely can identify a *hand* in that still, much less anything in the hand that looks like anything. Keep in mind I'm only working from that image. In the realm of all things, that slightly less dark patch looks more like a scarf sayandna than a hat to me.

It's heeeeeeeere

Hype Train has pulled into the station!

Holy shit

Void sabotage (Gate Crash) missions are back, and give you Void rewards. Plus, finding all 3 caches gives you a second roll on the end of mission rewards!

Ice planet tileset is back on Europa

@kashaar there are now mods to increase status proc duration, extend the range on beam weapons, and motherfuckin projectile speed

new corrupted mods (critical delay for pistols, shotguns, +strength/-duration, etc)

this is huuuuuuuuuge

edited October 2014
    The syndicates all have different swag depending on rep level, including weapon specific mods like "Hek +50% multishot" "Burston Prime +20% Fire Rate" and augmented abilities like "Cast Smite on an ally to give their attacks Radiation damage" or "Smoke Screen stealths nearby allies"

and the most OP of them all: +50% Embolist ammo capacity

"Hall of Malevolence (Hall of Mirrors augment): increases doppleganger damage for each enemy killed" [so OHHHH PEEEEE]

"Curative Undertow: Drains Hydroid's energy to restore health to allies standing in the pool" OK Hydroid I don't hate you quite so much now

"Tesla Link: Every pair of Teslas will connect forming a beam that deals slash damage" Vauban now lays concertina wire traps

"Soul Survivor: Soul Punch revives downed allies"

DivideByZero on
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    So what kind of bundles showed up in the shop with the new update?

steam_sig.png
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Meh. Warframe transmutation mods are lacking. 85% of them are either "cast on allies for warframe specific elemental damage" or "heal in some way, shape or form".

Also, kinda wondering how Intensity, Blind Rage and the new mod are supposed to be balanced. You can probably reach ridiculous levels of power damage with them...

I'd like to try out a Volt with maxed power damage, if only I could Forma seperrate loadouts...

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Aren't there hard caps on bonuses?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    I was not expecting the amount of general polish that has been applied to the game in general, this is awesome

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    Efficiency is the only stat with a hard cap at 75%. Everything else scales indefinitely, limited only by available mods.

edited October 2014
    Also: wow, they really fucked up the warframe mod polarities

Old Vauban: Starts with a V and a -; I forma'd two ='s into two D's

My Vauban now: just the two D's, original V and - are nowhere to be found

Still have 7 points left over due to the removal of the abilities, and my formas were refunded, but geez. This is the opposite of the smart way to do things.

edit: just went into mods and OH MY GOD THE FUSION CORES

My stockpile of WF ability cards were switch-teleported into:

43 R3s
    48 R0s
    21 U3s
    189 U0s
    521 C0s

and an unknown, not necessarily non-zero amount of R5s/U5s/C3s. Probably a lot of C3s, I don't think I had 326 of them last night

DivideByZero on
This discussion has been closed.