As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] I say good sir, may I interest you in a top hat?

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    YerMum wrote: »
    YerMum wrote: »
    Speaking of PS4, how do I increase my clan rank if I can't get into the dojo? Am I missing something?
    Crafting a clan key?

Got one, won't let me go into the dojo solo.

If it works the same way as on PC, your clan leader/admins might have to enable the "host" role for the default Initiate rank. That lets you host the dojo!

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    DE stole my argon crystals. I had like 20 of them last night. Now I have zero.

At least I only need a single one to upgrade my Katana once it hits 30

My favorite stance so far is Iron Phoenix with my Dakra prime. There is a lot of great forward motion with the combos. You can just flow from enemy to enemy. The final strike of the basic combo is a forward lunging stab that does a ton of piercing damage. The last strike of the secondary combo appears to be an AOE burst of your most prominent elemental damage, or at least that is what it looks like when you use the heat sword. I need to experiment with different elemental types on my Dakra Prime to make sure....but I can't bring myself to remove the blast damage because it makes the weapon look so gorgeous.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    RedthirstRedthirst Registered User regular
    What happened? I played this game today after half a year break, and apparently it is now even more easy than it was before. What's with the Grineer/Corpus fighting for you?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Redthirst wrote: »
    What happened? I played this game today after half a year break, and apparently it is now even more easy than it was before. What's with the Grineer/Corpus fighting for you?

You played invasion, the side you play for give you rewards for playing x amount of rounds for them and the side that wins gets the planet.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    Vauban chassis alert up for the next hour.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    DreadBert wrote: »
    Starting to wonder if they tweaked the stance drop tables or something. This is just getting silly, leveled 2 frames and three melee weapons trying to grind out that katana stance on earth alone. Gave in and tried transmuting, 700k and not one single stance of any type. Think I got my last (6th) unique stance around 10-12 game hours ago.

Sounds about right. It just took me two-three days of grinding to get it.

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    So I guess throwing weapons, like the Glaive, Glaive Prime, and Kestrel will explode if you use Power Throw.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/211829-power-throw-makes-thrown-weapons-explode/

I tried it myself real quick on Lares, Mercury and saw results, but I want to play around with it more.

EDIT: I found an Internet Scientist to tell us more about the subject.
    https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/215981-some-testing-on-the-glaive-prime-explosion/

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    Starting to wonder if they tweaked the stance drop tables or something. This is just getting silly, leveled 2 frames and three melee weapons trying to grind out that katana stance on earth alone. Gave in and tried transmuting, 700k and not one single stance of any type. Think I got my last (6th) unique stance around 10-12 game hours ago.

Two-three days, you are yet young when it comes to the grind game. I remember a time when the parts of this so called Ember would not drop for weeks. That my friend was true pain!

And on another note I really hope they buff the droprates on a few of those mods, specialy those who drop from rare enemies!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    MrGrimoire wrote: »

Two-three days, you are yet young when it comes to the grind game. I remember a time when the parts of this so called Ember would not drop for weeks. That my friend was true pain!

And on another note I really hope they buff the droprates on a few of those mods, specialy those who drop from rare enemies!

That's because the table was bugged, though :P

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    I really couldn't care less about the new melee/stances, and this seems to be good for my mental health.

My current goal is to get Hydroid... but that's really difficult. So now I'll try to get Lex Prime. At least you earn good money trying.

• Options
    Is it just me, or do you need to manually draw out your melee weapon now?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or do you need to manually draw out your melee weapon now?

That would be melee 2.0.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    You can still quick melee while having another weapon (or the codex scanner!) equipped, but to access combos and channeling you have to equip your melee weapon, yes.

• Options
    Kashaar wrote: »
    You can still quick melee while having another weapon (or the codex scanner!) equipped, but to access combos and channeling you have to equip your melee weapon, yes.
    Isn't it stupid? I mean, I was mainly using melee because it was easy - just hold F and strike, but now I don't really see much point in doing it because I can just kill enemies with ranged weapons for the time it takes to swap to melee.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Nope, it's awesome! You can now pull even more awesome stunts while looking cool!

• Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    I really couldn't care less about the new melee/stances, and this seems to be good for my mental health.

My current goal is to get Hydroid... but that's really difficult. So now I'll try to get Lex Prime. At least you earn good money trying.

Bit of truth to that. Farming with pugs is a mixed bag full of gems and rotten poo. Forcing myself to blindly grab a handful of that gets quite frustrating. Just bugs me that the only melee weapons I have to level required stances I didn't have.

If your still missing hydroid and on around 1900 EST give me a shout. Still need an codex pics on those guys and not burned out on nekros, again, yet.

• Options
    Isn't it stupid? I mean, I was mainly using melee because it was easy - just hold F and strike, but now I don't really see much point in doing it because I can just kill enemies with ranged weapons for the time it takes to swap to melee.

Stupid? you still have all you need from melee 1.0 minus charge attacks by pressing E(or whatever melee is on) and by holding F(or whatever wep switching is on) you can pull out a melee wep that byfar challenges even soma on dps. Like the new melee with Loki spamming E kills mostly everything going full melee mode leaves nothing standing.

And right now I do agree that once every now and then I concider missing charge attacks but then I use this new awesome thing channeling and wolla who needs charge attacks!

I don't think I got anywhere here but still melee 2.0 is awesome people just need to get used to it! =)

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular

Bit of truth to that. Farming with pugs is a mixed bag full of gems and rotten poo. Forcing myself to blindly grab a handful of that gets quite frustrating. Just bugs me that the only melee weapons I have to level required stances I didn't have.

If your still missing hydroid and on around 1900 EST give me a shout. Still need an codex pics on those guys and not burned out on nekros, again, yet.

We had a really fruitful run of Earth survivals last night. 3 or 4 stances including Hammer & 1H Sword. Then the Grinyu Force showed up.

The solution to PUGs is not to PUG.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular

Um, you're going for Tranquil Weave? The notes I saw indicated it drops off Frontier and Arid Butchers. I don't think you can find those on Earth. Everyone seems to be grinding on Phobos for it.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options

Stupid? you still have all you need from melee 1.0 minus charge attacks by pressing E(or whatever melee is on) and by holding F(or whatever wep switching is on) you can pull out a melee wep that byfar challenges even soma on dps. Like the new melee with Loki spamming E kills mostly everything going full melee mode leaves nothing standing.

And right now I do agree that once every now and then I concider missing charge attacks but then I use this new awesome thing channeling and wolla who needs charge attacks!

I don't think I got anywhere here but still melee 2.0 is awesome people just need to get used to it! =)
    Yeah, but I was playing some missions on Pluto today and I was able to kill everyone with one-two hits from ranged weapons.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Frontier is the prefix for Earth tileset woodland-camo Grineer.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Yeah, but I was playing some missions on Pluto today and I was able to kill everyone with one-two hits from ranged weapons.

You probably didn't look nearly as badass while doing it though, and the entire point of this game is to look like a badass motherfucker while slicing dudes up.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

You probably didn't look nearly as badass while doing it though, and the entire point of this game is to look like a badass motherfucker while slicing dudes up.
    Yeah, I was looking like a guy who kills everyone before badasses with melee ever have a chance to strike.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh, derp. Nevermind then!

Well, I may wander over to Earth, I haven't had much luck on Phobos, though I've only ran it a few times.

Still haven't really tried out Melee 2.0 because I can't find a stance mod for a weapon I'm actually trying to level.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    You're in luck! Cambria is silly with stance mods.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Oh, derp. Nevermind then!

Well, I may wander over to Earth, I haven't had much luck on Phobos, though I've only ran it a few times.

Still haven't really tried out Melee 2.0 because I can't find a stance mod for a weapon I'm actually trying to level.

On that note, I really can't wait until they introduce the talked-about Focus mechanic... finally a good reason to say "Fuck leveling up that crappy shit! I'mma take ma good stuff!" and go on accruing focus points with all rank 30 gear. They better have some harder missions out by then! ;)

Kashaar on

• Options
    That would be awesome Kashaar, would love to take the dust of Dread vs some real high level stuff that is not 40min+ survival or defense.
    Would be super cool if they added some kind of mission in the void or on derelicts where you could find/steal orokin tec to have in the dojo (orokin reactor tec for better reactors etc?) and this type of stuff should be super hard being a real effort even for lvl 60+ formas... But hey one can dream =P

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    We had a really fruitful run of Earth survivals last night. 3 or 4 stances including Hammer & 1H Sword. Then the Grinyu Force showed up.

The solution to PUGs is not to PUG.

Congrats, it's been around 10 strait hours of fail here. Including a couple double nekros runs. Sounds like I'm still on the low side from what others have said as well.

Not pugging is hardly an option if you want to do more then solo. Maybe once chat gets fixed/merged it will change.

The big problem is its a team based game with no visible advantage to running as a group. So people go running off to solo stuff. Maybe if there was a visual indicator for shared experience range, or loot drops required being in that range as well.

DreadBert on
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Loving the Nikana. Can't wait to graduate to the dragon Nikana when this hits 30. Then it'll be fun AND powerful.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I got the Katana stance, but the game still doesn't want to give me any Argon Crystals to make the Katana in the first place.

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    I think Argon is completely disabled at the moment because of server DDoS issues. Allof mine disappeared and I've seen reports of others noting they have no Argon.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I've just updated our prime trading spreadsheet with a new sheet for stances. If you have spare stances or are looking for a particular one - keep this one updated!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag6kt5Z281m5dG1wbkNCOVJPZHY3OURmNHlGdTkxUUE#gid=5

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    I've just updated our prime trading spreadsheet with a new sheet for stances. If you have spare stances or are looking for a particular one - keep this one updated!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag6kt5Z281m5dG1wbkNCOVJPZHY3OURmNHlGdTkxUUE#gid=5

I was going to list the numbers of all my stance mods, but since Warframe's not letting me log it right now (stupid DDOSing fools messing with their hamsters) I've just put a 1 on the ones I know I have at least one spare on, will put more complete numbers when I can get in again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Ughh, trying to level my Nikana so that I can build the dragon Nikana....I absolutely abhor this thing. I can't wait to get them both to 30 so that I can toss this on the trophy rack to collect dust.

It can't copter worth a damn and I rank it as one of the ugliest melee weapons because of how it clips into everything. I'll probably only pull it out for marathon survival/defense missions as an experience point gathering stick. I just don't understand the hype surrounding this thing. It just seems as highly overrated as IRL katanas.

edit:
    That came out a bit more negative than intended. I just can't believe the contrast of enjoyment that I've had with melee 2.0. Slicing and dicing enemies with the dakra prime, my twin zorens, and the nami skyla or grand-slamming enemies with the Bo is some of the most fun that I've had in warframe in awhile....and yet the Nikana is pure anathema to me.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    VerboseVerbose That one guy over there. That guy. Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Nvm scratch that.

Verbose on
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    Was in a Dark Sector survival mission with pubs on Venus. For 20 minutes we thought the doors were bugged and only half of us would ever make it to extraction. Turns out that there was another way the entire time and the minimap lied.

Two of us still only made it to extraction a little past 25 minutes because we ran out of air and was KO'd by the Infested, but still...

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    In a situation like that, do only the survivors get any rewards or does everybody still get them as long as someone completes the mission?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    In a situation like that, do only the survivors get any rewards or does everybody still get them as long as someone completes the mission?
    Just one person has to survive.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Haven't gotten the nikana stance yet so I can't comment on how it looks/plays

But the stanceless nikana animations are SO. BORING.

slash right

slash left

slash right again

fucking. kill. me. this. is. dull.

• Options
    Ughh, trying to level my Nikana so that I can build the dragon Nikana....I absolutely abhor this thing. I can't wait to get them both to 30 so that I can toss this on the trophy rack to collect dust.

It can't copter worth a damn and I rank it as one of the ugliest melee weapons because of how it clips into everything. I'll probably only pull it out for marathon survival/defense missions as an experience point gathering stick. I just don't understand the hype surrounding this thing. It just seems as highly overrated as IRL katanas.

I was kinda surprised the default attacks didn't follow the basic kendo moves. That movie style draw-swing-sheath thing looks kinda silly to me. With fencing and kendo being about the only long blade stuff commonly taught (at least in my region of us) was expecting the scripted attack moments to be better done.

This discussion has been closed.