As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EVE Online] Multiplayer Treachery Engine - Citadel Patch (April 2016)

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Thats hilarious.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Someone decide doing an unsupported POS bash was a good idea?

Apparently it was a corp who'd just joined NSH and assumed that, since we were active in Syndicate, there would be no problem with attacking our POS literally 5 jumps (and in Titan bridge range) of G-0.

• Options
    Syndicate is oddly quiet at the moment, so there was time for a little bit of live-fire Snatchfleet practice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KDSEOKSA_U

• Options
    RIP TISHU

Another item crossed off the list.

• Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/introducing-clone-states-and-the-future-of-access-to-eve-online/

So there's going to be a F2P system come November. I might be one of many interested in doing this.

So for you experienced folks, what's your take? I'm interested to hear how you think this will go.

• Options
    Well, it will probably make high sec ganking a lot easier, since previously our high sec ganking department would have to repeatedly create throw away trial accounts, use them for the free ~however long the account was good for, then start all over again.

As for new/joining players, from what I've seen, it will certainly be interesting. The race restriction is kind of annoying, but I'm sure it will be manageable. We are already working on coming up with a fleet for returning people who don't want to resub, and I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to fit new players into those fleets.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    This is a huge change so its going to take some time to digest. The Alpha skills allow players to fly logistics frigates and use ewar in addition to the usual set of (race limited) dps skills, which allows for a solid variety of fleet roles.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    I always said I'd come back and play EVE on the side if it were F2P. Looks like I get my chance to do just that!

For you guys though...isn't this going to be hell for spies and crap like that? I mean the whole "everyone is a spy" thing is kind of hilarious but now it'll be even easier for spies to make tons of accounts and be total assholes to everyone right? :/

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    So I didn't see a mention of a cap on isk or market orders. Might have to take a look-see and spend way too much time in Jita...again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    I always said I'd come back and play EVE on the side if it were F2P. Looks like I get my chance to do just that!

For you guys though...isn't this going to be hell for spies and crap like that? I mean the whole "everyone is a spy" thing is kind of hilarious but now it'll be even easier for spies to make tons of accounts and be total assholes to everyone right? :/

If people want to spy in GSF now, they get someone into Karmafleet. If people want to spy on MRCHI, they're not going to get anything useful out of it.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I have an alt account that I'm training up, and when ready, will have moved it over to my main account.

This changes everything. (for the better)

edit: I'm assuming the Alpha clone will still allow you to use the skills you've already trained, but just not allow you to learn any more?

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »
    I have an alt account that I'm training up, and when ready, will have moved it over to my main account.

edit: I'm assuming the Alpha clone will still allow you to use the skills you've already trained, but just not allow you to learn any more?

I wondered about this too. Was thinking about subbing now and training some stuff till Nov then switching it over if that is the case.
    Baidol wrote: »

If people want to spy in GSF now, they get someone into Karmafleet. If people want to spy on MRCHI, they're not going to get anything useful out of it.

lol I see. Well also I was just thinking, I bet these accounts will be labeled in some way that other people can see so then you'd know that hey, this is a free account so watch it etc.

• Options
    Mortious wrote: »

No, as the devblog states alpha clones have access only to alpha skills. They give a titan example. An alpha titan pilot will be unable to use any non-alpha skills, so no jump drive, no advanced modules, nothing.

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Well, it will probably make high sec ganking a lot easier, since previously our high sec ganking department would have to repeatedly create throw away trial accounts, use them for the free ~however long the account was good for, then start all over again.

As for new/joining players, from what I've seen, it will certainly be interesting. The race restriction is kind of annoying, but I'm sure it will be manageable. We are already working on coming up with a fleet for returning people who don't want to resub, and I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to fit new players into those fleets.

The current expectation is that alpha accounts won't be able to set security red in hisec.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    V1m wrote: »

The current expectation is that alpha accounts won't be able to set security red in hisec.

Is that something they've hinted at since the Devblog, because my understanding from reading the post was that they hadn't planned on anything to prevent ganking.

lol I see. Well also I was just thinking, I bet these accounts will be labeled in some way that other people can see so then you'd know that hey, this is a free account so watch it etc.

There won't be a way to tell what type of account someone else will be, but also, w/o being a more active and useful member of an alliance, you aren't going to be able to access any information that isn't already generally available. And if you are providing more to the alliance you probably A) are doing things you would need more skills for, and B) are spending enough time working your way into the system to warrant paying for an account. Very few spy things are done/doable with low skill accounts.

Brody on

• Options
    It doesn't matter all that much, since you can make perfectly adequate disposable gank alts on trial accounts already.

• Options
    Yes, but it would be nice if you didn't have to dispose of them.

• Options
    @CycloneRanger Jabber wants to know if Alpha Clones might tempt you back for a short while, so you can show us all why we are so bad at this game.

• Options
    Yes, but it would be nice if you didn't have to dispose of them.

if you want a non-disposable alt, you can just train one up on your existing account(s).

• Options
    edited September 2016
    I think it'll be fun to just dick around with frigates and cruisers again. Fly into wormholes only to be surely annihilated by the angry players that always reside there. Gang up with some players and trust them only to be shot in the back promptly the moment the opportunity arises, my tiny trust crushed. Find out that I in fact was a spy all along and didn't know it. Be further shocked to find out that my entire family are also spies, even though they've never played EVE Online. Grind missions for isk until I seek only the sweet release of death.

Wait why did I want to play this again? (jk lol)

DarkMecha on
  • Options
    CycloneRangerCycloneRanger Registered User regular
    @CycloneRanger Jabber wants to know if Alpha Clones might tempt you back for a short while, so you can show us all why we are so bad at this game.
    I'm not feeling it just yet, but I do need to resub and lose that Dramiel one of these days.

• Options
    I think it'll be fun to just dick around with frigates and cruisers again. Fly into wormholes only to be surely annihilated by the angry players that always reside there. Gang up with some players and trust them only to be shot in the back promptly the moment the opportunity arises, my tiny trust crushed. Find out that I in fact was a spy all along and didn't know it. Be further shocked to find out that my entire family are also spies, even though they've never played EVE Online. Grind missions for isk until I seek only the sweet release of death.

Wait why did I want to play this again? (jk lol)

For the chance to pull a stunning reverse betrayal on your family, of couse, duh!

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Is there a PA corp? I can see myself getting into this but I would definitely need a "hey, keep doing this simple thing that might be useful while you figure out what you're doing" incentive to power through the learning cliff.

• Options
    We definitely have a PA corp. Its called Merch Industrial (even though we don't actually focus on industry), and we love rushing noobs. I mean gently guiding new players through the complex systems of... Yeah, its mostly just here are free ships, go shoot people.

• Options
    Honestly though, we try really hard to help people get acclimated to the game, and if you feel like joining, either now or once Alpha clones become a thing, go ahead and send me a PM, because I can't find the sign up thread.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    This is the newest one, but we're going to want a new thread whenever the clones changes get released.

Baidol on
  • Options
    What's this about FCON?

• Options
    What what about FCON?

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    FCON left and has already joined, betrayed and changed sides in a different conflict, so boat and stunt flores came up with a casus belli to slap them around

• Options
    A few of you maybe noticed that our newbro alliance Initiative Mercenaries had 3 systems in Scalding Pass for a little while. Well Feign Disorder decided that a new player alliance who can field up to 30 guys was a good punchbag.

We were unfortunately committed to operations in Syndicate, what with killing off HBC alliances who thought that they'd get to fight INIT in NPC 0.0, so we could't help them as much as we wanted, and they got forced out.

Anyway, long story short, they started hitting our money towers, and Syndicate is now quiet...

https://zkillboard.com/related/30000926/201609111700/

INIT does not forget.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    PS happy ending: Init Mercs are getting some space in Cloud Ring that TISHU mysteriously don't seem to want any more.

V1m on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    my first ever PVP kill! solo, no less

i joined faction warfare and decided to solo roam controlled territory. stumbled across a Punisher.. my Rifter beat him pretty soundly... once I got the speed tank going it was pretty straightforward.

the guns he dropped were worth almost my entire ship so... that should make up for some of the pain I endured earlier this morning :)

• Options
    edited September 2016
    if i knew that in faction warfare there's a couple of guys in faction frigates trying to gank people (one kiting w/ scram and the other doing whatever he wants)

is there anything that I can do as an individual pilot (in terms of ship selection/fit) to make them think twice about ganking me?

i dont know enough about ship combat yet to know if me taking a destroyer would actually matter or if I'm just donating 15m instead of 5m

for 1v1, once I get comfortable in my flying and want to stop getting chased off by any faction frig that warps into me, would a Wolf be a good choice? (doing novice FW sites), perhaps a Firetail? I was able to earn a lot of LP by ninjaing FW sites so I have enough for like.. 5 firetails from just a few hours of work

Jasconius on
  • Options
    winning a 1v2 is a pretty tall order if you're not prepared to upship

• Options
    I don't have a ton of PvP experience, but with small guns and a bigger tank, if you can fly it well, you should be able to give them a run for their money.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    i spent too much brainpower last night trying to theorycraft the situation...

with a frigate, even a faction frig, all I could do would be to MWD up to one of them and tackle, and I think even if I did it perfectly and got a web/neut on one I would only be alive for 3 seconds to enjoy the accomplishment.

I think I would have to solve the problem with increasing my effective combat range (currently 10k max, they engage at about 17k), and I'm definitely not taking artillery into FW space solo... which is what lead me to drone boat

i was actually thinking a Dragoon fit as a drone boat might be able to fix their little red wagon, since they're also amarr ships (a pair of Navy Slicers) I should be able to armor tank them straight up, and let the drones do the work. with the drones in play i could afford to slap in some guns/ammo that had the right range and tracking... and the neut range bonus should allow me to cap out the tackler incase I need to run

or anything gallente of course, but I have zero gallente flying skills, so just working with what I can fly for now

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Is it an issue of dictating range? Because a Navy slicer should only have 10% more range than you for any given weapon type.

• Options
    one of them stays well out of my autocannon range with scram and mwd while the other mops up

in my shitfit rifter its guarantee death

same crew has gotten me 4 times

• Options
    Maybe an overfit AB destro? I'm really bad at this, let me see if someone in jabber has more experience.

• Options
    its nothing urgent. just thinking of things to aspire to :)